• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zodiac Braves a NJ/NY Crew *OMG what is that? it's a tree*

iRJi

Smash Champion
I just want to inform everyone that the activity level of the crew has dropped drastically in the the past 2 months. I am not pinning this on anyone specific, but the amount of practice we get as a whole is very low. Idk what is compelling me to even write this. I am in an itchy mood overall, so that could be the reasoning behind it. If we can't hold crew meets then we need an alternate method of getting practice, because frankly if I can't grab practice, playing the game is near in vain. I understand that some people have things to do, but sometimes things can be easily be taken care of prior to a crew meet, and then we can actually get enough time to play and practice. It is very possible that I am the only person who feels like this, and if so then I am ok with being the lone person to stand out on the field to speak my mind.

Simply put, wth is happen with all the practicing. When is the last time we all actually got together, sat down, and played. With the exception of Bleachigo since he does not play this game anymore, why is everyone really just not playing? Frankly, if i could host the meets I would, but I can't. I know dan has been working, with a select few others, but we really need to set time aside to at least improve. For most of us now, I can understand that the game is really just not that big of a deal, and that's fine. However, if it is, just say so, something on that level at least, so at least I know not to bother anyone to play. I personally am trying to get better, and since I have been placing overall OK now (around 16th place) I am 100% trying to capitalize on that so I can bring up my placings way higher, but besides playing with Dan once in a blue I have not touched the game because getting practice is like going on a marines mission.

Thoughts.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I am busy frequently now that I'm approaching the end to senior year, and a prime-time for DJing. Lots of my friends are returning from college, etc. My Friday afternoons are drying up.

I would recommend not relying on me for a little while, until I say it's safe again, because those of you who have talked to me recently probably have an inkling about the instability of my lifestyle right now. It's perfectly possible for you guys to practice with each other though. For example, both Bleachigo and RJ called me today (Monday) asking if I wanted to practice, but as you all should know, I almost never walk into a day with no plans. Have you two ever contacted each other for practice? Bleachigo, Johns like, "He lives too far" aren't really legit since RJ always comes to my place, and you live like 3-4 blocks from me, and RJ can drive so long as he has the car.

Lack of communication with each other and over-reliance on me has left the crew weakened in my absence. And that's not to imply that you shouldn't be able to rely on me, but I would be lying through my teeth if I didn't openly admit that right now I am not reliable.

Also, practicing on weekdays is not taboo, it's just that we wouldn't really be able to practice as long. I understand that for Sergio and Wyatt, school is a legitimate issue (same here guys) and that for Rob, it's inconvenient to travel far only to practice for a short while. I understand that with Brian's work schedule, it's difficult for him to find in good times to get practice. However, reach out to each other as well, and try to work around some of these scheduling conflicts.

Also, there are other resources available in the community if you reach out and try and tap into them. For example, I stay in practice because I use train Inferno in a lot of my free time. Inferno's house is fairly comfortable, and I'm sure he'd love to train when he's free, and has Delta-Cod over when he can. Shippo is also near and available for practice. Riz is nearby, and periodically, I go through to his house to get a slightly greater quality of practice. His house is also open as a meeting spot at times, if you approach him and request it. You all know SWR is hella chill and they are like cousins to us, so organizing things with them without me is not out of the question. Once again, this is a resource with not only quality players to train with, but also a location to Smash. Depending on how far you are willing to travel for a bit of practice (and mind you, we're very spoiled, and some people have to travel a good deal regularly, like R00kie), you can reach out to other facets of the community.

By now, you should all have solid relationships with each other, or you're neglecting an important part of being crew mates to each other, and you should all feel comfortable contacting and approaching each other on a one-on-one basis. This is one of the reasons my recruitment process is so exclusive. Fill in the gap I have left, by taking advantage of other resources, and playing with each other.

(It's not that hard, seriously, I don't even drive, lol)

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I'm back home now from now until mid-August or so. I haven't done well in the last few months and could benefit from some offline practice.

I have WiFi now, but I don't think any of you guys like playing online.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
This scene is already dying.
It's crazy how quickly Brawl killed Smash.

College as well.
. . . You're dumb. Brawl is larger than Melee has ever been. Brawl at it's lowest point was more popular than Melee's average. Additionally, the scene is not dying, it's just that real life hits people. Lastly, even if Brawl WERE to be dying, 2+ years of a game being competative is not a short time.

Please think before you post stupid **** like this, especially in my crew thread.

<-Loves Melee, hates melee ***s who bash Brawl

@Ben, when I get some free time, we'll hopefully get to play.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
pierce sux @ smash
The Hero of our time has spoken.

In other news, after my school year is over, if I can fund for tournys and stuff I'll probably get active again. I'll need something to do with my time again, and then when college starts I'm going to New England, the home of the angel. Soooo ppl can expect to fear me in about a month or so again when I take the game seriously and start placing well again. I'm feeling like getting ranked again, and it's not THAT hard. :p

PS: I haven't forgotten that I need a ZB shirt. Expect me to buy one when I get out of retirement.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero

In other news, after my school year is over, if I can fund for tournys and stuff I'll probably get active again. I'll need something to do with my time again, and then when college starts I'm going to New England, the home of the angel. Soooo ppl can expect to fear me in about a month or so again when I take the game seriously and start placing well again. I'm feeling like getting ranked again, and it's not THAT hard. :p

PS: I haven't forgotten that I need a ZB shirt. Expect me to buy one when I get out of retirement.
shut up umbra.

Inferno3044

Smash Master

When am I gonna see you at my place?

Btw, I'll be willing to play with anyone from ZB if I'm free. Just give me your number, I'll give you mine, and just hit me up. My house has LOTS OF FOOD!!

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
ive been busy the past weeks, working, saving for my girlfriend's birthday, which is tomorrow. so friday til tuesday, i won't have work and have no plans as of now. i also don't have everyones number which i admit ive been lazy about it.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Guys I'm pretty much free evenings. Hit me up on aim = yes2good9487

Best falcon practice you'll ever get.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Munk please change my info on the main page:
R00kie
Main: Diddy
Secondaries: D3, R.O.B, Wario, Fox.

THX
Also, please change the crew thread title to *Unnecessary High*

And I guess, while you're at it, change my characters to the following.

Mains: Metaknight
Secondaries: Most of the cast.

In other news, my Ness is randomly good. I might try him out.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Actually, it was something Wyatt said that convinced me. Last night, when we were out eating, I admitted to him that Smash was probably the most important aspect of my life. He replied that it shouldn't be, but if it is, I should be maining MK. Truer words were never spoken.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Actually, it was something Wyatt said that convinced me. Last night, when we were out eating, I admitted to him that Smash was probably the most important aspect of my life. He replied that it shouldn't be, but if it is, I should be maining MK. Truer words were never spoken.
Makes sense then. If it's that important to you, then you should do what you can to be the best. Even if you have to main MK.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Then why do you barely attend/enter things?
I attend everything which I am able to. I do not enter because I am not yet powerful enough to win. Through study and training, I will eventually become powerful enough to win.

However, winning is not my ultimate purpose. My ultimate purpose is to become intimate with Smash. To breathe, know, understand, and BE Smash. To submerse it to my inner core. This is my truest desire. Though I claim to know many things, there are still a great many things left to learn.

Perhaps, once that fullness is truly obtained, then I will once again enter the realm of competition for the sake of being the best competitor.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
dat NEO attitude

Dan, just hit me up whenever you want to train. Teaneck is gay to get to since it's $10 in gas and 45 minutes each way, but I could start taking Ryan and Greg with me whenever they're free since they have a lot of desire to get better and both have potential to be very good.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Dan...the answer lies...in the heart of battle.

lmao Seriously though, I know you're busy, but you know I'm 5 minutes away and willing to **** you with rusty ftilts :D so pretty much anytime you want i'm free, and the fam is out of the country for 2 weeks so i can be there forever! <3

Top Bottom