• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That is a good point. However, I cannot pick AI Zamus under the current system. To be honest, I wish she could just be her own character. I know people who hate getting the Smash and changing to the other character.
Why don't they just use the smash taunt?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wish this taunt system were in place for Zelda as well. Would free up one special for both Sheik and Zelda.

Donghae

Smash Apprentice
ZZS X3 keke ...i hope she will have her Other M design in the New Smash bros game ^-^

Donghae

Smash Apprentice
Her overall look and proportions are much better than the design from brawl, the shiny mesh on the suit looks great too.
Sure thing ^-^ i Wonder how she will look like in ssb4 :o i liker her high heels tho..it's makes her more bayonettaishh

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
After the sexist rants/controversy that came up over the heels just from the Other M render alone before the game even came out, I hope for SSB4's sake that she has the same heels as Brawl, which weren't too high.

Donghae

Smash Apprentice
i hope ssb4 will have some sort of character customization mode, where we can choose whether we want short or high heels :)

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
After the sexist rants/controversy that came up over the heels just from the Other M render alone before the game even came out, I hope for SSB4's sake that she has the same heels as Brawl, which weren't too high.
The other m ones really arent that bad, they dont have long pointed heels and they do make sense for matching her height in the varia suit as well.
---
also heres a video with someone else who made an other m skin hack for brawl.

Donghae

Smash Apprentice
The other m ones really arent that bad, they dont have long pointed heels and they do make sense for matching her height in the varia suit as well.
---
also heres a video with someone else who made an other m skin hack for brawl.
Oh thats the same skin i use for my zzs ^_^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Only time can tell at this point. After all, not all women look good with heightened heels.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I hope she has an alt with her wearing flip-flops. Sexism to the max right there.

Off the record, I don't think ZSS exists. Not unless Power-Suit-Samus also exists. She's just Samus to me.

The whip/Paralyzer changes/moveset would be cool. But I wouldn't mind either way if she retained/had a new moveset.

Sir Sqweege

Smash Rookie
I heard that the picture Sakurai posted on his twitter that every character in that picture is basically confirmed for the game, and since we didn't see samus go into ZSS form there is the possibility that ZSS is now a separate character, I have the picture here as well.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I heard that the picture Sakurai posted on his twitter that every character in that picture is basically confirmed for the game, and since we didn't see samus go into ZSS form there is the possibility that ZSS is now a separate character, I have the picture here as well.
I am going to assume that this is also a confirmation of these characters as well, though I do think Dark Pit/Pittoo will be a color swap for Pit.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hopefully she'll get her own character Slot and a better Final Smash this time.

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
I'd be so disappointed if she doesn't return. Like others said, I hope she has her own slot and a better FS

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm hoping for a shorter Short Hop.
And a useful move for her Fsmash.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I wouldn't mind if Zero Suit Samus turned out to be the second Metroid character having her own slot on the roster, Ridley is awesome idea, but I kind of doubt we will see him playable.

NJ_Gamer

Smash Rookie
Other M was decent. It was a great concept but it could have been way better. I think Samus looked way prettier in Other M than in Brawl;), but those heels were ehhh. I'm hoping you can have the option to pick her in the Zero or Power Suit on the selection screen like Zelda/Sheik or Pkmn Trainer.

EDIT: Also, I really think they should improve her Final Smash. It's only really effective when your opponent(s)' damage is higher

NJ_Gamer

Smash Rookie
She mentioned it a few times in a row during one of the first cutscenes and that was pretty much it, and Samus was never necessarily emotionless. Even in some of the games before "the baby", she showed feelings like remorse, subtle as it was.

Whelp, let's not have every Metroid character thread be infected with Other M discussions that never end well.
In the beginning of Metroid Prime 2 there's that cut scene where she discovers what happened to the Federation Marines who got killed on Aether and she closes the leader's eyes. Very implied and effective, if easy to miss.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, let me see...

...Yeah. She needs to be in. JUST to fight against Wii Fit Trainer.​
(Yes, it's the male inside of me talking here.)​

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I want her Other M face with slightly-older looks and the Prime hairstyle (Those two cute bangs at the sides of her head :3) Oh! And I'm all about the heels, Samus in heels~

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It occurs to me that Zamus's personality in Brawl (what little was shown of it) was much better revived than Other M. I wonder if they'll keep the cocky tone of her taunts.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
*received

I didn't really like her Brawl personality though (far as the cockiness) anymore than most liked her Other M one, but I'm sure it'll probably be back.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Do you think ZSS will have more/equally/less Sex Appeal in SSB4?
Sure, she'll be in HD, but that doesn't necessarily mean she'll be hotter.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Honestly, I felt Samus was hotter before the Zero Suit became as mainstream as it did thanks to Brawl. Her suitless appearance in Fusion's endings for instance (blue top and shorts, even lighter blonde hair IIRC) is still among my favorite versions to this day, whereas half (or more) of her appearances in Zero Suit form depict her as less mature looking in comparison, whether it's the face or something else. I know the inconsistency in how old/mature she looks throughout the series is due to artistic licenses and all (as well as I guess differences in height as shown by the argument in one of the other Samus threads), but eh...

Anyway, as to your question, I think ZSS's sex appeal in Sm4sh will pretty much be on the same level that it was in Brawl, despite any slight design changes here and there.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Also, one must not forget that Namco has a finger in play this time around, and they might possibly add some "Tekken Physics" to her. ;)

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai gave a **** about angry media and fanboy rants, he wouldn't have based her Power Suit on Other M. I think he know the haters are always the loudest ones.

The fact that everything Metroid/Samus so far is based on Other M means that Zero Suit Samus will likely be based on Other M as well. However!

Do you remember what happened to ZSS in Brawl? I'll show you:

Zero Mission was her first game. Even though she appeared in Prime 2 and 3, we never saw her from the back in those games. And the difference between Zero Mission and Brawl is huge - literally.

Zero Mission: her butt and thighs look plump and fat. There's a huge difference between her upper and lower body, her upper body is in shape, her lower body is very untoned and soft. It was very surprising to see that someone as strong as Samus actually had a fat butt. Not that people were complaining about it - most guys like curves and feminine features (fat and flab in the right places). Also note the thonging lines on her Zero Suit.

Brawl: they based her on Zero Mission, but they trimmed away all the flab. Her butt and thighs match her upper body much better, and they look sleek and toned. So obviously, while they based her on Zero Mission, Sakurai still made changes to her body. Note that the thonging lines have been changed as well.

Other M: her waist is a lot longer than both Zero Mission and Brawl. Her butt, however, is once again big and plump. Not quite fat as in Zero Mission, but still plump and soft. The size is once again the same, but it looks a bit firmer. Also note how the thonging lines now are completely gone and replaced with less suggestive lines.

What does this mean for SSB4? Well, they'll probably base her on Other M, but my point is that they might change her body, especially her butt and waist, to suit SSB4 - whatever that means. I actually doubt she'll keep her big, plump butt from Other M, it'll most likely be trimmed as it was in Brawl compared to Zero Mission. Her buttocks from Zero Mission and Other M are ripe for jiggle physics - such large amount of fat don't keep still when one move. That's another reason for Sakurai to use the more slender and sleek body from Brawl.

It'll be highly interesting to see Zero Suit Samus's return. Also, I wonder if she'll keep her whip?

Top Bottom