• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Just discovered.

I dont know exactly how it was encountered, but it is thought to be caused due to one of the two reasons:

Teetering edge frames and using th yo-yo
Jumpcancelled yo-yo frames

It was originally discovered by using the edge, but Flamestar claimed to have done it a distance from the edge and the jump canceling was somehow inferred.
Too complicated, I'll stick to Samus and SWD thankyou very much.

Eeerraaaagghhh...'bout that training vid time...

*That was a stretch for those who have never enjoyed this ecstacy*

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
So that's
Super-super-duper-mega-super-duper-duper-super-duper-wavedash right?
:veryconfu

Why cant we ditch super stuff and give these glitches cooler names. Like "The Potato Patch :flame:!!!"

Rhyme

Smash Lord
meh, i'll be doing yoyo and SWD. and SDWD. and SSDMSDDSDWD.......
Um...............yeeeaahh...............have fun.

So that's
Super-super-duper-mega-super-duper-duper-super-duper-wavedash right?
:veryconfu

Why cant we ditch super stuff and give these glitches cooler names. Like "The Potato Patch :flame:!!!"
SSDMSDDSDWD...are you sure this is correct? The DD is daughter dash, it's something-super-doodle-man-super-daughter-dash-super-dooper-wavedash. Right? I know Annoying has the answer...buuut not mine and EB's quiz.:cool:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I think my mom is hot

*slaps self*

I think you're right.:psycho:

We've gotta stop spamming in this topic. It's turning into a social topic :chuckle:

I WILL make a YYG discovery by the end of next week. Count on it. And if I dont... well, I think you guys can guess.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I think my mom is hot

*slaps self*

I think you're right.:psycho:

We've gotta stop spamming in this topic. It's turning into a social topic :chuckle:

I WILL make a YYG discovery by the end of next week. Count on it. And if I dont... well, I think you guys can guess.
If you don't discover something, does that mean we won't be recieving a nifty training video? :p

****, you can't upsize the smilies.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Made a discovery, just like I said. If you set up a trapbox, and then deathline with the yo-yo, you know that the trapbox stays the same and just rushes to Ness right? Well, the same applies for special trapbockses, or dropped jackets. If you drop a jacket, and deathline with the yo-yo, the dropped jacket rushes towards Ness, still in the hitbox form.

Oh yeah, bad news guys. I did something naughty that made my dad mad, and he said I couldn't use the capture card anymore. So the tutorial will have mediocre quality. But you will still be able to tell what happens. I've gotten a lot of footage asof now too.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
SuperDoodleMan's Samus's Daughter Dashes Super Duper Wave Dash. AKA rocket dashing....

something naughty......*looks away* *whistles*

i want to get 1 thing crystal clear. to do SYYG, you must charge a yoyo off the edge. to do that, you must either slide forward, or charge without teetering animation before it.

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
the SYYG is very interesting... perhaps it is started by DJ cancelling to a wavedash towards a ledge and then a yoyo... or perhaps it has something to do with the toy jacket.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................................*pondering* if only i could see it... then i could deduct the ways and moves of which Ness performed the move........................................................*drats*........... i thought i reached enlightenment for a second there. I guess it's time to steal some more scabs.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Toy jacket, seeing as I discovered it after SYYG was discovered :grin:
That's an unusual punishment, not being able to use a capture card.:sigh: What did you do which was considered so naughty?

What if no one labled the technique the Toy Jacket, but still understood the properties involved and could perform the SYYG?

Also, didn't Flamestar say that he performed the SYYG a reasonable distance away from the edge?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Whoops, never mind. I can use it now. But I have to recapture footage with my camera the right way now. So there's gonna be a little delay. Sorry.

What did I do? I sorta, kinda, wrecked it. My dad got real pissed and said I couldn't use it anymore, but he fixed it and got over it.

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Well, I can see I'm behind on learning my glitches, but I'm finally able to work the original YYG against live, moving peoples... got a few off against Virgilijus, and even managed to grab him from a considerable distance, got a chuckle out of that one. Next step: equipping jackets mid-match!

Handorin

Smash Hero
It isnt so hard to do, but it is when your oppnent knows you glitched and hits your trapbox on purpose. So remember to do a Star/Spike Jacket before you do a thunder jacket (considering that is what you want.)

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Now, wait, how does that help me equip a Thunder Jacket? If I Star/Spike Jacket, doesn't that A) make me have to hit 11 other things before I can YYG again, and b) force me to have to YYG again anyway?

You lost me, chief.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok, if you equip one jacket, but dont something, you can switch it to another jacket by performing the jacket equip.

Psi

Smash Cadet
Ok, if you equip one jacket, but dont something, you can switch it to another jacket by performing the jacket equip.
In other words if you YYG and equip the spike jacket, and then equip the thunder jacket without hitting your enemy it will just switch your jacket. Its useful because it prevents them from hitting your trapbox on purpose by essentially taking the hitbox with you while you equip the next one.

I hope that made sense..

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I demand more closure be offered by the general response!

Of course it's predictably moving, they programmed it into the game. Same deal with how you can never excede a certain level in RPGs, if Rainbow Cruise wasn't repeating then something would get all screwy.

Do you have another reason, one my brain might be able to comprehend and accept?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i dont know. the reason fourside is banned is because of minor camping issues and the UFO that screws up the camera.

big blue doesnt have a predicable course, neither does IC mtn, but it has more resons to be banned than that.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
RC isnt so bad since SDing there isnt so common. It's slow and still possible to fight there unlike Icy mountain in which fighting there takes a while to come by. Also, remember that tournament matches are timed, so these stages eat up time just trying to stay alive. BTW, RC used to be neutral pick (As in as good as Battlefield and FD), but then it just became a counterpick stage.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
in some thournaments it still is neutral, espeacially if there is no time limit.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Awesome new sig Annoying.
One problem though, it cuts off at the bottom.

I use that annoying feature to my sigs advantage :chuckle:

Man... I've been swamped with PMs concerning the YYG. Seriously, what is it about me that labels me as "YYG Expert" unless you search my posts?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Earthbound, if you were promising a YYG instructional video, I would lable you an expert too. Ooh, that's right, you are! When's it comming out?;)

You deffinately do use that cut off to your advantage. I can safely say I have wasted at least 21 irretrivable seconds of my life with your sig.:chuckle:

Annoying, nice sig. I know exactly where your coming from.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah, but these people PMing me dont know that i'm making the vid, whih by the way is coming along nicely. I've got all of the text slides and the music. I just need to capture some more footage (hopefully with better opponents). I'm not telling when it should be ready.:cool:

The record of wasted time on my sig is 4 minutes :cool:

:cool:

Handorin

Smash Hero
If EB was cool, he'd come to INNsomnia V. >_>
I need to get videos of my Ness up sometime.

(look at sig)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
do you guys know of a program (free) that crops GIF's to make it smaller?

EB360 has more mood changes than......a girl. >.>

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ugh...you are so annoying!:mad:

Hey that's your name. Funny:chuckle:

I have soooooooooo much homework to do:(

I dont change mood!

Top Bottom