• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I'd ban BF and Halberd against Snake. to me they are common stages that give Snake a clear advantage, and I want to make thier choices as uncomfortable as i can. Unless you are playing a really knowledgeable player like Ally, you may never even go to Brinstar. I can also see the lava bothering them too...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Not considering player preference, how exactly am I suppose to decide between Halberd and Battlefield? O.o

It's either I leave Battlefield open and risk starting off at a heavier disadvantage from the start, or I get rid of it and put up with a harder CP later.

...Then again, usually it helps to have an advantage from the start, that way even if you lose on their CP, you'll have yours to fall back onto... Alright then, get rid of Battlefield from the start, IDC. Who says it's an auto-loss on Halberd anyway? :laugh:.

Even if I were to argue for banning Halberd first, assuming you were able to win on Battlefield, Dave's Stupid Rule usually doesn't stop people from going back to a stage assuming they lost on said stage. At least this is how it works in Las Vegas, I'm not sure if other communities have Dave's Stupid Rule in full effect where a stage can't be played on at all in an entire set (unless of course, both players agree to it, but I wouldn't count on this). Again, it just seems that banning Battlefield is overall a much better choice in giving you more to work with than getting rid of an impending danger/threat of a strong(er) CP.

Thank You Kojin, I have now been educated, and will now proceed to better handle this Snake player that has been giving me trouble for a good while now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Many thanks Kojin.

I wanted to beat him on Battlefield. I wanted to REALLY get into his head, and beating him on a stage that's explosion happy would've really broken the psyche, methinks.

I ban Halberd, btw.

As for the Windmill in match 3, I realized after the first two hits that I was in trouble. I tried getting away but was trapped for quite some time.

I think it's the fact that I know Razer's sidestepping habit so much that I expect him to NOT do it, but he does it anyways and throws me off. I'll be sure to avoid that same thought process for next time.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
sry kinzer. I thought you could ban a nuetral and a counterpick stage after the first round. my bad. its how it works in the EC, i believe

if you can see some of what I was trying to say then youre good to go. hopefully.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
How could u feel disadvantadged vs Diddy? He only has a frame 3 out of shield option with a banana in his hand that covers all options around him and you dont have a frame 3 move in ur arsenal aside from jab.

Edit thanks to Merby: Frame 8 OOS option. Fastest Autocancel Aerial with landing is 9.

but if you take the item before he can grab it after the spawn (once again, sonic = 1 of a very few # of characters that can do this...) than YOU are the one with the frame 3/8 OOS option that covers all the opponents options...

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
also be aware that good diddy are able to consistantly catch the naners thrown at them with thier attacks. many times , a sonic should not be content with throwing it right after to get the naner, as the diddy will position themselves to recatch it and hit you at the same time. dashing around with it is enough to throw off the timing, and at many times they will get impatient and try to dash attack you or something. if you think about it, even if they pull out another naner, it doesn't really put things in thier favor again. they need you with none, and a miscue may give you two naners to deal with.

Think of the zero suit matchup. when i play it, i like to gain control of the pieces, and sometimes instead of launching it at them, i try to create an area of control where im "juggling the pieces" by tossing them downward, upward, dropping them from a short hop, and recatching them as I fall. its a decent defense, and it keeps them around longer, as the timer to make them vanish doesn't not apply to when they are airborne. this is similar to what diddy's do when they dribble naners to throw of your ability to prepare for thier attack, and Sonic can do the same just as well, except that our glide toss is way better.

then again, I also play ZSS so its not like im making this stuff up, I actually do this as ZSS.
just a thought.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Due to Sonics speed, we can definitely steal those bananas and handle some business. Plus with a little stage control with the nanas can cause problems for diddy handling sonic. Once we get him off stage, Sonic with a nana = death. Spring gimping is so good. O and appropriately spaced zdrop soft hit nair> zdrop spring owns. true story. Good control with nanas makes this alot easier than it is initially ( imagine that). It comes down to item management; we are very good with items after all. We are of the characters that gain a tremendous offensive and defensive boost from gaining a naner. It solves alot of problems for Sonic. So more than any character it is imperative that Sonic gains a nana.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm diggin' that Red Sonic.

I wish they just swapped the blues on Sonic's fur for Red, Green, and Black.
Instead we get this wristband bull****.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What's wrong with the wristband? Outside of the color changes, isn't it a homage to one of Sonic's upgrades in SAI?

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Despite that, Kinzer, I bet Nintendo didn't even intend it to look that way. It was just a lazy-@$$ way for them to get his costumes done quickly.

^ Oooold texture. Took me literally like 5 mins. If a 14-year-old can change the color and add a few other details in that short of a time, why can't Nintendo make a legitimate alternate costume, instead of just bands and shoe changes?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
cus theres only like 6 characters that have color changes anymore than what sonic has

At cams set:
wow dude, ive never seen such a massive turn around in one set before.

you went from obliterating him game one, to getting bukkake'd on game 2 to getting timed out, by 100% in game 3.

get ***** you horrible sonic.

you know why you one game 1 so handily?

1. you camped him when you were a stock up.
2. you INTELLIGENTLY went offstage to gimp him.

games 2 and 3 you sat at the edge waiting for him to come back like a lonely puppy waits for his owner to get back...

thats what happens when you rely on f smash and down smash to get kills
and dude, ROB is like the ONLY matchup where HA is a good move, you know ROBs cant airdodge when they fly right? just wait for him to either fly or nair, and just HA. if they are trying to get back, its like an auto gimp...

you disappoint me, again. learn to camp scrub.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
ZZZ, what a boring ending.

Camal, you missed so many SDJ follow-ups, and got read and just approached so much with ball attacks. :(

I'm just sadface that went to time, nevermind everything else.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I have new videos for critiquing, just friendlies though. some day I'm gonna get serious matches I promise. :dizzy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTJHPleI7G8 Siege(marth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpJtMdbz5U Siege(gaw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHyiwMiZIx8 D12(luigi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx6IFBNiAWM aquas(MK)
So many missed grabs. :<

Seems like he was on a bad day, or you got better on spacing against G&W. :)

Hmm... nobody plays Weegee... err... to much Spring -> Dair for your own good? :confused:

You played this one rather well. I'd just suggest not using HA against a MK unless you mean to punish tornado... it's all too easy for them to attack you.

I think that's it, just work on those little things now. Keep them coming, see if there's anything else that may be giving you trouble.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
@ KID

Coulda said all that without sounding as harsh? lol I do agree with what you said though in what he coulda done.

I kind of cringed every time Cam ate a NAir from his ASC.

ROB can be tough, though.

[EDIT]

Oh, and did Chibo ban Yoshi's Island for Match 3? Just wondering seeing as how if it wasn't banned, why didn't Cam take him there. It's one of Sonic's best stages. If he banned it, this edit was pointless. Just curious.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ KID

Coulda said all that without sounding as harsh? lol I do agree with what you said though in what he coulda done.

I kind of cringed every time Cam ate a NAir from his ASC.

ROB can be tough, though.

[EDIT]

Oh, and did Chibo ban Yoshi's Island for Match 3? Just wondering seeing as how if it wasn't banned, why didn't Cam take him there. It's one of Sonic's best stages. If he banned it, this edit was pointless. Just curious.

No, I can be nice to wack scrubs.

Cam gets the sh!++y attitude because he knows better...

look at game one, that shiz was masterful, he hopped over all those lasers and gyros, and punished chibo with spindash everytime there was an opening.

I dont know what happened in the 20 seconds between game one and two, but it messed him up hard, he turned into speed, and not in the good way.

Started running head first into like 15 projectiles in a row, and just generally got camped out like the scrub he is.

Like, the dude is supposed to be an expert onthe ROB matchup, and he looked like he had never seen a ROB hold on to the ledge before... every time he hit chibo offstage, he would run to the edge and just... wait... for chibo to get to the ledge... like wtf man? drop a spring. try to dair him... SOMETHING...

if its going to take you 7 min and 45 secs. to take 2 stocks off of him, you better make it so that it takes just as long for him to take one stock off of you.

Why do you think wes beat chibo by time out? cause sonic plays the run away game better than rob does.

AND he beat you on your own best stage... what happened to that im a beast on BF stuff?

4nace

Smash Ace
Haha not all bad remarks but the only problem I see is that Chibo would beat you KID. He's not a scrub by any means, and he knows Sonic fairly well (plays him in low tiers lololol)

But while some of it is true, I think Cam was just a little off his game and started playing defensively to try to recover but just couldn't find his groove again. Happens to me all the time.

Muhsoce

Smash Cadet
Hello there!! Hi everyone.

I dont really come around here, and i didnt even know there were too many sonic players, jeje, kojin invited me to pass by this section (that i didnt even know about, jaja), and well, here i am. Well at this moment the only think that i would like to share with you is my combo video.

The Art of Speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHXD3uRodk

I think ill be uploading some battles, next week, you wont be dissapointed... I hope, jaja
Well, I also have checked some miselaneous videos in here, there is good stuff there and some things that i would like to improve... if there is a way but well, be sure you will get good stuff from me, Im sure to show Sonic as a really competitive character.

Well I think thats all for today.
Take care.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hello there!! Hi everyone.

I dont really come around here, and i didnt even know there were too many sonic players, jeje, kojin invited me to pass by this section (that i didnt even know about, jaja), and well, here i am. Well at this moment the only think that i would like to share with you is my combo video.

The Art of Speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHXD3uRodk

I think ill be uploading some battles, next week, you wont be dissapointed... I hope, jaja
Well, I also have checked some miselaneous videos in here, there is good stuff there and some things that i would like to improve... if there is a way but well, be sure you will get good stuff from me, Im sure to show Sonic as a really competitive character.

Well I think thats all for today.
Take care.
Wow, for such a kickass Sonic, you sure are slow! XD

Just kidding, but we've all seen it and thought that it was amazing. It was great of you to post here yourself! It's great, and in my opinion, the best combo video I have seen for Brawl. In presentation, effort, and flow of combos/kills with the music. I approve, and hope to see more great things from you.

Come to America or Canada sometime! WHOBO 2 is coming up in Texas, you should totally bring your Sonic there in April.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Chibo did beat me, but I think it would be different these days.

also, this isnt about me, this is about cam getting better. If we only listened to people that had impressive tourney results, or played/beat big name people all the time, sonic would suck because youd have espy, who doesnt even know how to explain matchups in words, shugo, who is just good and doesnt really know how to talk about the game, and kai, who avoids this place like the plague.

but instead you have people like me (who actually does do pretty well in tourney.) and tenki, that dig deep into the mechanics and matchups to try and improve the character.

point is, dont worry about whether I can beat chibo or not (I think I can) if I can tell you how to do it...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
you disappoint me, again. learn to camp scrub.
Yeah, I'm pretty inconsistent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2iQw8VVoq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPygYyoEaCI

I'll figure it out though.

Camal, you missed so many SDJ follow-ups, and got read and just approached so much with ball attacks. :(

I'm just sadface that went to time, nevermind everything else.
Yeah, I think I'm getting worse >_>

He banned it, lol

Cam gets the sh!++y attitude because he knows better...
It's true.

I embrace it.

AND he beat you on your own best stage... what happened to that im a beast on BF stuff?
That was at Apex and Puffster's. I banned it this time. ROB is harder on BF from my experiences, regardless of my stubborn ways of playing BF constantly -_-

But while some of it is true, I think Cam was just a little off his game and started playing defensively to try to recover but just couldn't find his groove again. Happens to me all the time.
I just need to figure out where I went wrong. I thought I was getting better but it seems I'm only getting worse. At least now I know what I need to improve, it's just the matter of how.

Chibo did beat me, but I think it would be different these days.
Think.

point is, dont worry about whether I can beat chibo or not (I think I can) if I can tell you how to do it...[/COLOR]
You think.

I hear what you're saying though. I need to get my act together.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't rely so much on Sonic's (leek)spin attacks. I know that's one thing you need to stop doing when playing R.O.B.

I'm a hypocrite, hehe. Look at me, telling somebody not to use Sonic's ball attacks so much, when I myself use it as much as a hooker gets it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMKp3tVgj8o game 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7HsywSSDE game 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyNaRzUW9k game 3

the vids are labeled wrong, my notes here on the vids are correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbj7xeU6sWg game 3 from the set we had in winners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdC1rZJ2WSs game 2 from a 5$ bo3 money match that we had. i won the set. I won game three by time out, dont know if the vids got recorded. but game 3 is where I timed him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2X0ZiWbcA a 2$ one game money match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOZjRNDwaE Game 3 from our tournament set, I dedicated this match to chibo.

I think more will be coming soon.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Dayum.

KID's Lucario is pretty impressive.

Camalange could 2-stock Chibo consistently if he always had Project Chaos going on in the background.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol wow ok

expect me to post A LOT when I get home as I'm on my phone atm
live up ur talk while u still can kid

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You can namesearch while you're on a mobile?

Anyway, I can't wait to see how Chibo owns KID.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol wow ok

expect me to post A LOT when I get home as I'm on my phone atm
live up ur talk while u still can kid
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
Its all in good fun dude, dont get upset... Even still, next time I see you, your going down. also understand that I do realise that CJT isnt really at your level at all, but that wont stop me from stomping you out all the same, =P

And wow at kinz lack of faith... you hurt me guy... junk cuts deep.

and to axis saying my lucario was nice, thanks a lot, normally i wouldnt roll+f smash spam so much, but it was working on bad kids all day at that tourney so I just decided to take advantage of what people were giving me lol.

POKEMON RAGEEEEE!!!

also, yes, Project chaos increase a sonic player's skill by 50-100%
if I had a PC remix on while I was playing Snakeee, I would have won that set.

Top Bottom