• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Just beat Mario 64. **** that game is short. I wont be saying that about Super Mario Bros next week though.

Sensai

Smash Master
I was unaware, I apologize and repent profusely.

I thought you thought it was the SNES one. I was just trying to let you know before you saw it on VC and were like '****.'

Banksya

Smash Ace
Cashed, mario 64 is short if you plow through it, but did you finish it 100%? get all 120 stars? maybe you did, that wouldn't takle terribly long either lol..

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Super Mario Bros. was a fun game. It's actually a hard game if you try for a no-damage no-warping run. The second quest only makes it harder. The looping parts in the castles still get me sometimes...I wonder if Minus World will still be in it? I'm guessing not...

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
right, prices are steep for just the same game released like 10-20 years ago, but they are well worth it. the way i see it, is that i'm almost always sure that i'll be getting 6-7 great classic games for the price of a normal wii game (that can be disapointing). i can't wait to play super mario world or the legend of zelda with my classic controller. i loved that time. when you had a friend over and you would pass the controller to your friend whenever you died and tried together to beat it.

what i dont like: games arent really a great so far, i want more snes games. classic controller's wire goes out from the bottom....thats just stupid. it always gets in the way . also i hate the classic controller being a wiimote addon. sometimes i dont want a wiimote on my lap when playing. and um yeah, i wanted to buy another classic controller but remembered i couldnt because i dont have 2 wiimotes. so that sucks too.

games i bought

bomberman 93=awesome multiplayer. buy it
gunstar heroes=pretty cool at first, but gets boring after you beat it. still fun when you have a friend over.
sonic the hedgehog=i dont really play this game seriously. i just love running around green hill zone trying to collect the most rings. love the music, love the colors, love the nostalgia.
golden axe=double dragon type game. great multiplayer, great game highly recommended.
zelda = i finally beat it. it was really fun while it lasted. took many hours to complete too. probably wont touch it for a while.
wario's woods=dont feel like playing this game. tried it, didnt like it. regret buying it.

Banksya

Smash Ace
he said he liked your sig, and his post was a comment about wario woods. I think.

also, I agree with the classic controller conundrum, they should have made them wireless with a thing you plug into the wii mote. also what is that locking mechanisk on the back for, what could they add on to it? a hey you pikachu microphone? lmao

Sensai

Smash Master
Here in Emerica, TurboGrafx games are downloadable.

Don't feel too bad: we have to pay for what we get. We have to deal with Mr. Dubya.

And you don't like Wario's Woods? That's gonna be like one of the first games I download! I loved that game on Animal Crossing, so I figured I'll love it just as much on the Wii.

D1

Banned via Administration
So far I got Toe Jam and Earl, Gunstar Heroes, Street Fighter, and Sonic.

I'M LUVIN DA CLASSICS BABY!!! Esp. w/ the Classic controller. ‘¿‘ ^.^ º€º !!!

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hey no one got F-Zero yet? It looks pretty fun, and I'm a fan of the other F-Zero games too. There must have been a reason they made sequel after sequel, you know? Captain Falcon's legacy all started there...

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Hey no one got F-Zero yet? It looks pretty fun, and I'm a fan of the other F-Zero games too. There must have been a reason they made sequel after sequel, you know? Captain Falcon's legacy all started there...
hm i guessed im turned off by the only single player thing.

how's toejam and earl...i hear good things despite how crappy it looks from the videos ive seen.

i might not have given wario's woods a chance. played for 5 minutes, didnt like the controls, wasnt really sure what to do and quit.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
how's toejam and earl...i hear good things despite how crappy it looks from the videos ive seen.
It turns out that wasn't the game I heard about. The one I was excited about was called Toejam & Earl: Adventures in *something-something, I forget the title*, which was a sequel. The one available is the first one, sadly. Probably not as good, but give it a try if you're willing....

Oh yeah...Mario Kart 64 and Kid Icarus are a couple of games that will be coming out in January. Things are looking up in '07 already.

Sensai

Smash Master
FireBomb said:
Oh yeah...Mario Kart 64 and Kid Icarus are a couple of games that will be coming out in January. Things are looking up in '07 already.
Wrong, good sir. They're coming out in JAPAN in January. We'll see 'em around February-March or so.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
ok so i bought more vc games. (what can i say, i love classics)

super mario bros, super castlevania, street fighter 2, and toejam and earl.

i only played toejam and earl for like 2 min so i cant really say if i like it yet. i know its really funny, the music is awesome, and the "special effects" always make me lol. but looking at the reviews on gamefaqs, i;m getting a good vibe on this game.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Wrong, good sir. They're coming out in JAPAN in January. We'll see 'em around February-March or so.
Ugh I've been lied to once again...

Anyways, I also got Space Harrier II, and it's alright. I owned the reaaally old one for the Sega Game Gear, so seeing the sequel in the shop instantly drew me to it. Heh I'm getting all the games that no one else is interested in...

xTOXNx

Smash Apprentice
yea the only game ill ever consider are one with good replay value. So far bomberman is basically the only good one out. I whouldent mind paying these prices if they added multiplayer. Otherwise people will just use "other means" to get these games.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Ok...now that I've found my worth...a couple games:

Ristar: I actually played this before, it was a bonus game on Sonic Mega Collection. Developed by the same team, it kept my attention for a while. It's not as good as Sonic the Hedgehog, but still fun. It has to do with this star-shaped hero that can grab enemies and other things with his extendable arms. It's a colorful side-scroller.

Bonk's Adventure: Dunno why, but it just seems fun to headbutt all the enemies. Another side-scroller where you play as a caveman, Bonk, exploring the prehistoirc times, from valleys to the inside of a dinosaur. Enjoyable.

Space Harrier II: So yeah, it's a type of shooter where you're always moving forward in one direction. You can move in all compass directions which was pretty cool at the time. You can choose any of the 12 stages you want, though if you want to start from one of the last ones, you'll find yourself dying every 5 seconds at first. Yeah, it's one of those 1-hit-you-die games. Takes some quick reflexes.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think that they're both coming out fairly soon, as I remember seeing them both being listed on IGN as being upcoming....but then again, my memory might be a tad hazy on the matter.

So, FireBomb: Ristar and Bonk's...I'm thinking about getting both of those, actually. I've never played either one, and I already have Sonic (which you compared to Ristar). Are they worth getting?

I'm going to put a list of all the VC games that I plan on purchasing in the immediate future, and if you have any input about the games (reviews, comments, suggestions, cautions, etc), then feel free to add it.

Gunstar Heroes
Solomon's Key
Wario's Woods
Bonk's Adventure
Ristar
Bomberman '93
Golden Axe
Ecco the Dolphin

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Any word on Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention for Genesis? I had it on my PC a while ago and it is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. It's a little like Fire Emblem, except you can get your party members back once they've died.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
It's hard to find these days, but try Sega Smash Pack II for your computer. It's a collection of old Genesis games that includes Shining Force. It'll be well worth your $.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I'm going to put a list of all the VC games that I plan on purchasing in the immediate future, and if you have any input about the games (reviews, comments, suggestions, cautions, etc), then feel free to add it.

Gunstar Heroes
Solomon's Key
Wario's Woods
Bonk's Adventure
Ristar
Bomberman '93
Golden Axe
Ecco the Dolphin
Ok here we go:

Gunstar Heroes: I only played this once, but it's pretty cool. Get a friend and play co-op, it's a blast. You can also select and mix different weapons (homing laser, fire guns, etc.), giving you a variety of ways to deal with your enemies. Sometimes you might get confused and mix your character for your friend's in the heat of battle since they look so similar, but it's all good. If you like Metal Slug, then buying this game will be worth it.

Solomon's Key: Huh, well what can I say about this? It's like some kind of puzzle/action game, which I think was a rare breed of games back in the NES days. There's a total of 50 puzzles, so if you stick with this game, you'll be busy for several hours.

Wario's Woods: Another puzzle game that's more like Tetris. All the blocks are made of living creatures that you blow up using bombs (yay). You even get to play as Toad. :)

Bonk's Adventure: See previous posts. If you think you won't get bored in a side-scrolling prehistoric world where you play as a caveman, then by all means, get this one. Humorous.

Ristar: Noooo I don't have Sonic Mega Collection anymore... well I said pretty much all I remember up there too. I also recall there being passwords you can use to alter your gameplay. Fun.

Bomberman '93: Oh yeah, here we go. The single-player option starts out easy, but soon gets real challenging. Even after you beat it, you'll wanna play through it again. Multiplayer is even better, probably the whole reason you'll want the game. With up to 5 players, the deathmatches are insane and unpredictable. Multiplayer also has the items of my origin, the Fire and Bomb power-ups, so then you'll think of me every time you get one. :laugh:

Golden Axe: This is pretty much like Gunstar Heroes set in a medieval/fantasy time. Co-op...kill everything in front of you...they even have a couple extra stages than the arcade version. Me like.

Ecco the Dolphin: This is one of those games that I never really paid attention to in the VC list. Well it's about a dolphin that's looking for his friends, and yet another side-scroller. What sets it apart is its' free-roaming enviorments, and I hear it's a face-paced and challenging game. Though if I had a choice, I'd personally get this game last on the list here.

Whether you like the games or not are solely based on personal interest. If you get a game that I say is good and you're dissapointed, you have my apologies. :urg: I can't really explain some too well without a screen to show parts of it. I hope my insights help.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Okay, so if I were to buy one game, it seems I should buy Bomberman 93'... is this assumption right or is there something that is better?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^^I'm buying it for single player.

EDIT// Also, I've played Mario 64... and I'm not going to pay 10$ unless it's something excellent like goldeneye or zelda... you get the drift, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom