• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I want EarthBound so bad for VC. Till then, I'll be stuck playing the imported version
(Mother 1+2).

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
New games for the Virtual Console!:

SEGA Mega Drive: (800 Wii Points)
Sword of Vermilion™ (1 player)
Bio Hazard Battle™ (1-2 players)
Streets of Rage™ (1-2 players)

TurboGrafx: (600 Wii Points)
Chew-Man-Fu™ (1-2 players)

Never really heard of them though, except for Bio Hazzard Battle. But I'm not gonna spend any Wii points today, I'll skip it this week and buy some more Wii points for better upcoming games.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The lens of truth in my brain tell me that the next N64 game to come out will be Star Fox 64. Or yet another game I already have for that old system... :(

Well, at least I won't have to wait long to play Smash 64. There'll be a birthday party (YAY) tomorrow featuring good ol' N64 classic games. It's pretty rare to get 4 non-cpu's and play something like the original Smash nowadays. So rare and so beautiful to experience...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The lens of truth in my brain tell me that the next N64 game to come out will be Star Fox 64. Or yet another game I already have for that old system... :(
I don't have that game. I'll probably download that when it comes, along with Mario Kart 64.

I wonder... Will games like Banjo-Kazooie be availible for the Wii's VC? Even though Rare's not with Nintendo anymore?

I'd like to be able to download that game, and perhaps Conker's Bad Fur Day, but the laddert seems unlikely.

Sensai

Smash Master
I wouldn't count on too many Rare games...and if I had to choose one to have, it'd be Goldeneye. Amirite?!

Kujirudo, those are unconfirmed. Probably right, but still unconfirmed.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Rare has created two games for Nintendo's handheld system after the "divorce".

There's a large chance B-K and B-T will appear on the Virtual Console, as Nintendo and Rare haven't completely cut ties.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

There's a large chance B-K and B-T will appear on the Virtual Console, as Nintendo and Rare haven't completely cut ties.
I like hearing that, that fills me with confidence.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

There's Zero chance. The only reason Rare makes games for the DS/GBA is that MS doesn't have a hand held of their own. And with the Diddy Kong Racing game that Rare recently made on DS doesn't feture BAnjo, nor Conker, like the one on 64 did.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
There's Zero chance. The only reason Rare makes games for the DS/GBA is that MS doesn't have a hand held of their own. And with the Diddy Kong Racing game that Rare recently made on DS doesn't feture BAnjo, nor Conker, like the one on 64 did.
Yeah, that reallyed sucked for me.

Though Conker woulnd't have a chance being in now, anyway, because of... Well, you know.

Sensai

Smash Master
Mic_128 said:
Exactly.

Games from Rare that would be put on the VC would more then likely just be ported over to XBLA first. At least, that's what I've been led to think.

Then again, MS did just recently comment on the definite possibility of a Viva Pinata for the DS....and there was the (alleged) Halo for the DS...

Depends on how much MS wants to hurt Sony.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Exactly.

Games from Rare that would be put on the VC would more then likely just be ported over to XBLA first. At least, that's what I've been led to think.

Then again, MS did just recently comment on the definite possibility of a Viva Pinata for the DS....and there was the (alleged) Halo for the DS...

Depends on how much MS wants to hurt Sony.
Seriously, would you stop using "MS", it's driving me crazy!

Sensai

Smash Master
MS? M$? Microsoft is a little long to type out...

[Edit:]

Doh! By the way, here were the games released today:

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - SNES - 1 player - 800 Wii Points
Elevator Action - NES - 1-2 players - 500 Wii Points
Sword of Vermilion - Sega Genesis - 1 player - 800 Wii Points

I saw that SGnG was said to be very very hard...so, I'm probably going to be dropping 8 dollars on it. I'll let you guys know.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
MS? M$? Microsoft is a little long to type out...

[Edit:]

Doh! By the way, here were the games released today:

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - SNES - 1 player - 800 Wii Points
Elevator Action - NES - 1-2 players - 500 Wii Points
Sword of Vermilion - Sega Genesis - 1 player - 800 Wii Points

I saw that SGnG was said to be very very hard...so, I'm probably going to be dropping 8 dollars on it. I'll let you guys know.
...Eh.

Also, I don't mind writing out Microsoft.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Man, I hate to post this, but I know someone's going to find it anyway....

http://www.palgn.com.au/article.php?id=6883&title=Goldeneye+on+VC+is+"possible"
palgn.com.au said:
UK developer Rare has spoken out on the prospect of Goldeneye 007 coming to the Wii's Virtual Console service, and has revealed that the idea shouldn't be completely dismissed. In a Q&A feature on the Rareware official website, the developer was asked about whether we'd ever see the sumptuous 1997 shooter (and the game our readers voted as the second-best ever) on the Virtual Console.

Said Rare: "The only Rare-developed title on Virtual Console right now is the original Donkey Kong Country, and unofficially there's a strong likelihood that its sequels will follow. But the Donkey Kong series of games is a Nintendo-owned franchise starring an established Nintendo character, whereas something like Banjo isn't (and even Diddy Kong Racing is less clear-cut), so it's nowhere near as easy to call.

"Especially when you also consider the existence of Xbox Live Arcade. So right now, the best answer we can offer (for either download service) is 'it's possible'."

Horribly vague, but IT COULD STILL HAPPEN ZOMG. In another answer in the same feature, the developer explained that Goldeneye was "caught up in a convoluted web of rights," yet that, "doesn't mean it won't happen, just that a lot of people with a lot of different perspectives are involved."

Sensai

Smash Master
That same article goes on to talk about Banjo-Kazooie (spelling). It's in response to a young reader or something like that.

/crosses fingers.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yup, you spelled it right. I actually went and started playing Banjo-Tooie just the other day. Playing it again, I realize how much I wish this series should be introduced to people who have yet to play it. So weird, creative, and fun...

Sensai

Smash Master
Starfox 64 has made an appearance on the ESRB.

Meaning...it should be on the VC sooner rather then later.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone hasn't payed attention to it, I've heard that Toejam & Earl is a pretty cool game. Comes out Monday so you might wanna watch for that, though with this kind of pricing system, I doubt you'll take only my word for it.
I agree with the stuff hes said AFTER the quote. BOMBERMAN!!

SeanTurner_26

Smash Rookie
Thus far, I have downloaded Mario 64 and Kart. I have also downloaded Donkey Kong Country. I am really impressed at how fun the Virtual Consel really is.

Though when I play Donkey Kong I need to use a classic, because is jump, and [Y] is grab / attack. It isn't that easy to use on a Gamecube controller, but I am pretty much used to it.

I am really excited for Super Mario Rpg, Kirby Superstar, the original Pokemon Stadium, and Donkey Kong 64. There are so many titles jeeze, Nintendo hit gold with this.

--- Sean

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Thus far, I have downloaded Mario 64 and Kart. I have also downloaded Donkey Kong Country. I am really impressed at how fun the Virtual Consel really is.

Though when I play Donkey Kong I need to use a classic, because is jump, and [Y] is grab / attack. It isn't that easy to use on a Gamecube controller, but I am pretty much used to it.

I am really excited for Super Mario Rpg, Kirby Superstar, the original Pokemon Stadium, and Donkey Kong 64. There are so many titles jeeze, Nintendo hit gold with this.

--- Sean

Wait, Pokemon Stadium and Donkey Kong 64 are going to be availible? Where did you find that out?

Skywalker

Space Jump
The only N64 game in sight for future VC release is Starfox 64.

I think he anticipates those games being announced for Virtual Console.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The only N64 game in sight for future VC release is Starfox 64.

I think he anticipates those games being announced for Virtual Console.
Oh okay.

Let's see... I'm anticipating games as well, but I can't seem to think of any off the top of my head...

OH! Wait, I'd like to see the first, original Mario Party! And, uh... Majora's Mask, too!

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Starfox 64 has made an appearance on the ESRB.

Meaning...it should be on the VC sooner rather then later.
Hey... I thought I posted somewhere that the next N64 game I predict coming out would be that very game, but I guess not. Drats. Well, it makes me happy knowing that people around the world are playing games that they'd otherwise be unable to reach nowadays.

You know, if they released Donkey Kong Country, then wouldn't they also be able to legally release DK64 as well? I believe it's in a different situation than Banjo-Kazooie (which is sad, I wish people could play that goofy game).

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure DK64 is a viable candidate for an appearance on the VC.

And there are only a few games I want (read: that's a lie) to come out on the VC. The main ones, though, are ones I never got a chance to get to, such as:

Majora's Mask
Mario Party
Pretty much any Kirby game after the SNES

Eh. It's 2.20...I'm too tired to name any more.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
While we're on the subject... Games in FireBomb's N64 library that should be on the VC:

Mario Party 1, 2, and 3 (3 is the best imo)
Yoshi's Story
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Tennis
Zelda: Majora's Mask
F-Zero X
Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie (:cry:)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'd like to see if they keep adding systems to the VC, like how they added the MSX. I'm also hoping they release games onto the VC that didn't make it into PAL territories (SMRPG, Earthbound).

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure DK64 is a viable candidate for an appearance on the VC.

And there are only a few games I want (read: that's a lie) to come out on the VC. The main ones, though, are ones I never got a chance to get to, such as:

Majora's Mask
Mario Party
Pretty much any Kirby game after the SNES

Eh. It's 2.20...I'm too tired to name any more.

Why wouldn't Majora's mask be on the VC?
I'm pretty sure I'm misunderstanding you.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm saying I never played MM, not that it won't come out. And if that didn't clear it up, that's my list for games that I want to see on the VC.

I'm fully expecting for GB/GBC games to be released on there sooner or later.

And I'm adding Paper Mario to my list.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
My bad, I thought you were saying you would never get to play those, but after closer analysis, I'm a ******.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom