• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The: Whos starstorm is better? thread

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
SO what does everyone think? I think they are both great depending on the stage. Ness' is really good on small stages because it seems to target the stage and not so much off the stage, though like on new pork city this becomes a problem because it doesnt reach the edges like lucas' it seems to target the middle more, unlike Lucas' touching every inch... Though what really like about Lucas' is that there are more stars and they fall closer together so that when someone dodges they usually land into the stars surrounding it, unlike Ness' where his are more spread apart from eachther. :( IMO damage doesnt really matter as long as the stars launch and KO, they seem to have the same launch power. I do have a complaint about Ness' though: only like 14 stars and if your peach you can do some serious dodging. just walk to the edge jump, float out a little ways and umbrella. And voila you survive the madness -_- Ive actually done the same thing with lucas though, walking to the edge and pkt2ing up wards.
ALl opions appreciated :)

I think this is my first thread. :D

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Items are banned from competative play.
Stage boundries changes which is better.

Questions like this go in Zman's Super Cool QnA

HelpR

Smash Ace
well, there's still item sta-

wait. isnt the same smashball banned from item standard as well?

well, looks like it's banned overall >>

Honestly, for the two of them it's largely luck dependent. I've had situations where very few meteors hit, but then a giant wave of pain came down on all of FD, as well as situations where I get chained up to the roof. I've also dodge entire storms just by standing next to the lucas and spotdodging ocasionally.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
IMO they both suck because Ness and Lucas don't even possess those moves in the first place and it's very easy to dodge most if not all of them. (if we're talking 1 on 1)

If this is Team you might kill your partner if Friendly Fire is on...

HelpR

Smash Ace
considering that all of lucas' special sans magnet and all of ness' special sans magner and flash come from their female counterparts, I dont see the problem. lol

and yeah, it's too spread out to do jack****.

Levitas

the moon
so we've established that the best use of PK starstorm is to keep the opponent from getting a final smash?

...good

HelpR

Smash Ace
so we've established that the best use of PK starstorm is to keep the opponent from getting a final smash?

...good
lol levitas.

look at it this way, it's even worse for samus mains, they cant grab it without stripping off.

though I guess they could just taunt first then do their final smash.. hrm..

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
pk starstorm is the only way to beat snake

it has invincibility frames, has insane range, is a good damage racker and a good finisher and can be considered to be a lingering hitbox

it has invincibility frames on startup and throughout the whole attack

it also can't be reflected or outprioritized

Galeon

Smash Ace
I was told that Lucas's was more effective when he had higher damage and Ness's was more effective when he had lower damage.

Never tested cause I really don't care :laugh: but throwing that out there in case anyone knows for sure

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I was told that Lucas's was more effective when he had higher damage and Ness's was more effective when he had lower damage.

Never tested cause I really don't care :laugh: but throwing that out there in case anyone knows for sure
OMG ITS TRUE! I try to play with smashballs whenever i can because its fun. And i just realized what you said is true :O! Because whenever im lucas and have like 90+ damage it KO's everyone, but when i have damage like only 20% it doesnt really do much and the stars seem to only target the off-stage areas O_o. And when im Ness, his doesnt KO alll that much really. Nut when he has lower percentages the stars seem to fall closer together and KO more aften. (though Lucas' KO's MUCH more often than Ness')

Top Bottom