• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Short characters dodge her jab grab and fsmash WWTFFFF

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I don't know if I've ever seen anyone change tunes as quickly and drastically as Illmatic, it's hilarious. Good on you sticking with the character and fighting through the challenge.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LMAO wait until you see some of these vids

the best thing is just holding characters. not throwing them, just holding them and laughing at their limp rag doll bodies

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
Since I have posted I too have been having pretty good luck w/ WFT! A lot of people don't know how to react to Nair, and it leads to great combos at low-mid percentages.

Again, it does take a lot of mind reading to get WFT going, but it's VERY satisfying.

And WFT has so many troll options, from the taunts, to the health tips, to the pushups

z00ted

Here's a ratchet vid I just got uploaded using my phone. This one's not too great of a match overall since the Ike got steamrolled but it displays Wii Fit Trainer's potential w/ her N-Air and F-Air on combo ability. I'll have way more engaging matches up soon, so much to say about this character.. definitely hyped.

http://youtu.be/sAOVJ8pQWSw

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Here's a ratchet vid I just got uploaded using my phone. This one's not too great of a match overall since the Ike got steamrolled but it displays Wii Fit Trainer's potential w/ her N-Air and F-Air on combo ability. I'll have way more engaging matches up soon, so much to say about this character.. definitely hyped.

http://youtu.be/sAOVJ8pQWSw
Cool vid! I bet you could've followed up those chaining fairs with a sideB, which would be sick.

z00ted

Cool vid! I bet you could've followed up those chaining fairs with a sideB, which would be sick.
OH DANG, true true will test that sometime soon actually (;
here's some more!! i'll do a bit of a write-up on what i think makes this character so good in a bit

http://youtu.be/Dx2hxQH6ph0

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@ z00ted z00ted You a sick mo****a. Also it's weird hearing Fit give her tips in an American accent, my one has the English voice and it's so much more condescendingly awesome imo.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"Watch your posture"

Wow stfu Mrs Weasely

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I've been having some trouble with the Trainers, but I think seeing how good of a use you can make her Nair and Fair, I think I'll be working on them a lot more :)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I am still in total awe of how good Sun Salutation is.

So fast to shoot out, goes out so far, has potential to be a kill move, charge up can be immediately cancelled.

Sun Salutation is amazing. Running away then SHBreversing it is an excellent way to get KOs, especially when you're under DB. Speaking of DB it has such nice synergy with that move. They both heal damage and DB increases your weight, its so nice

JediLink

Smash Ace
Anyone else notice an eerie similarity between Wii Fit Trainer in this game and Phoenix Wright in UMvC3? Both have good projectiles, but awful regular moves with ineffectual hitboxes, and a weird power-up gimmick that you can only use at opportune moments because of how vulnerable it leaves you. Also both forever doomed to low-tier ;_;

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else notice an eerie similarity between Wii Fit Trainer in this game and Phoenix Wright in UMvC3? Both have good projectiles, but awful regular moves with ineffectual hitboxes, and a weird power-up gimmick that you can only use at opportune moments because of how vulnerable it leaves you. Also both forever doomed to low-tier ;_;
You can cancel deep breathing you know. So it doesn't leave you that vulnerable

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
Name: Church
Talents: N/A
Likes: Yu-Gi-Oh, Melee, Mac n Cheese, Trap Music, League of Legends.
Dislikes: Not much, really.
Goals: Go back to College.
Other facts:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Alright I didn't get to post yesterday (too busy playing).

Also I didn't even notice the bio details thing in the OP until Church just posted his now so I guess I'll do this thing:

-Name: Ryan (tag: AvariceX)
-Talents: Talent is a lie, there is only skill (which I don't have). I guess I'm okay at fighting games.
-Likes: Food, travel, competition, language learning, many many video games
-Dislikes: Food (It's complicated)
-Goals: To GET FIT (okay maybe it's not that complicated), learn Japanese
-Other facts: I was possibly (and briefly) the best player in the world at a game no one played

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
-Name: Cyrus (but call me Teran pls kthx)
-Talents: Talking ****, working marks, piano/music, SDing in Smash.
-Likes: Things that people generally like, plus cute guys, posing in the mirror, and pro wrestling.
-Dislikes: Hypocrisy, disingenuousness, straight guys that look like ***gots, modern standard tailoring.
-Goals: Do a set of 10 dragon flags, not die.
-Other facts: My manual speed and skill are apparently my best abilities, above numerical and verbal, even though I'm a straight A's lusernerd. Thank you based videoganes.

shapular

Smash Ace
Playing WFT is becoming really frustrating. She has no range, no power, weird hitboxes, can't approach, can't hit small characters, can't kill well until 140. She's a zoning character with bad defense. The only things she has going for her are decent recovery, a decent combo game, and Deep Breathing, which would help her a lot if not for the fact that she has to approach to actually use it effectively and she can't do that, and if she's hit away that takes away half her buff time. Someone please convince me otherwise, because I like this character and want to keep playing her.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just don't know how to approach using this character.

EDIT: By approaching I mean how to use this character.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I just don't know how to approach using this character.

EDIT: By approaching I mean how to use this character.
Sun Salutation and Nair, also Jab is amazing, so are their rolls.

Adding everyone to the OP as I type this

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
As people have said, pressuring w/ SS and Soccerball is good for making the opponent come to you. Also WFT's quick aerial game takes a lot of people by surprise when they're in the air. You really can't just throw out moves expecting to always hit your opponent. The range takes time getting use to, keep practicing and you'll get better!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Haha, I actually mained Phoenix in Marvel too, though I don't think he had any good projectiles outside of his turnabout mode. What hurt Phoenix more than anything, was really just the system of the game that allowed for things like easy infinites-- making gathering evidence way more riskier than the reward of a few seconds of his powered up mode.

In any case, I think WFT's normals are pretty great for the long run considering the mechanics of the game, have decent hitboxes for the most part, and the first powerup is always unbelievably fast. Even at her worst she'll be viable.

⑨ball said:
-Name: ⑨ball / 9 / Nine / ⑨
-Location: Repping MD/VA but I travel a lot. [currently in NC]
-Talents: A couple, but in relation to the WFT community, I've been told I'm articulate which works well with having the voice of an R&B radio host for tutorial videos or something.
-Likes: Depth in a lot of things. Things that are like icebergs having a visible portion and a lot more hidden are fascinating to me.
-Dislikes: Being right about terrible things
-Goals: Play competitively consistently! Shoutouts to Xanadu's, I'm coming for you guys when the WiiU version drops.
-Other facts: Some women can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with...some women just want to watch the world burn...calories.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sun Salutation and Nair, also Jab is amazing, so are their rolls.

Adding everyone to the OP as I type this
I didn't mean that kind of approaching. I was talking figuratively. I can't quite figure out what her playstyle is.

At the very least, the trophy seems to imply she's actually a close ranged fighter.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Kuma called me Shulk on Skype such a douche omg

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I won a For Glory match against a Bowser in 34 seconds yesterday only taking 3% damage (no SD's by the other guy). I don't really have anything meaningful to say here. I'll try to record and post it sometime but I have no 3DS capture card, my phone is old and doesn't do video competently, and my actual camera uses archaic mini DVD's.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Is it possible to send replays? This has probably been asked a million times but as a forum oldie I no longer actually read posts or search topics.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
It's a buff move.

Makes her stats go up and then runs out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom