• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So she SHOULD have an actual Usmash but she ended up without it because reasons.... right...

Niala

Smash Ace
To be honest, I cried internally a little when I read that. A set-up hitbox for her USmash would have been so crazy.

At least it kills super early.

EDIT: Also that pushbox on her SS is actually hilarious. Imagine Melee edgeguards with that, it would be so good.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Okay so looking over the hitbox data right now it finally hit me that the non-existent hitbox at the beginning of USmash is probably what remains of a scrapped setup hitbox and the thought just makes me SO MAD HOLY ****
Are you trying to tell me that WFT would have had a useful kill move OoS against some options or out o
To be honest, I cried internally a little when I read that. A set-up hitbox for her USmash would have been so crazy.

At least it kills super early.

EDIT: Also that pushbox on her SS is actually hilarious. Imagine Melee edgeguards with that, it would be so good.
I wish this worked at lower percents. u.u
You can kinda do Melee edgeguards with it, but it's important that it's against Melee style recoveries. Essentially they have to have no hitboxes on them and be aimed at the ledge or close to it. As long as an object has no hitbox the pushbox on SS will either hold them or push them out.

So things like Pit overshooting the edge, Space Elsa trying to UpB past you, Sonic, Villager, Luigi after the first hit, Ness trying to maneuver around you, ect. they all work and can setup into SS, a nasty ledge trump or just pushing them far enough that they don't autosnap the ledge.

Situational, but a pretty nice option to have.

Speaking of nice options, I added some more really good general stuff for WFT in the form of Footstool Buffer Properties.
Pretty much, for most characters it lets them cover three options at once against opponents recovering from the ledge. WFT however has a great projectile and can catch rolls from the edge without breaking a sweat.

Niala

Smash Ace
I'd imagine it could be really funny against Little Mac's recovery, the Spiral Uppercut thing frequently doesn't snap the ledge properly, so if he goes too high imagine just pushing him slightly too far to reach. It seems like a hilariously glorious option to pull out on somebody who has no idea it's coming.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Little Mac has it bad enough without us doing that too him. ;-;

I keep it in mind often when going up against Sonic. A lot of Sonic's like to use spring after spin dash on shield and then recover to the ground with dair. SS will hold him in the air until it's fully charged or you use another option if he lands too close to you. His UpB suffers similarly as it has invincibility during a large portion of it's start up and it can make him really hard to spike, so I like waiting him out and ledge trumping. This eventually turns into buffered attempts and UpBing past the ledge which SS pushing is great against as he either has to attack, air dodge, or take the punish. Attacking or air dodging will make him miss the ledge snap and getting hit puts him back in the same position, or kills him.

Niala

Smash Ace
Little Mac can never have it bad enough. :evil:

That's an interesting take on Sonic. The ledge snap on his Spring is pretty insane so it's definitely hard to punish, but I like the idea of frame trapping with it. I've also found if he Dairs toward you after using spring the hitbox usually fails just as he reaches the ground, so there might be some benefit to ducking under it and punishing with dtilt. I haven't tested it out or anything, but that's potentially a really powerful punish option against the spring game.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I had a feeling Mac was gonna get hit when talk of a patch was coming, but for them to nerf his recovery of all things. Just...why?

You don't even have to duck, if Sonic wants to land laglessly there won't be a hitbox by the time he reaches you. It can even disappear before it autocancels leaving him highly punishable.

If you want to punish any aerials always go for Usmash when you absolutely know where they'll be and utilt as a general sense. Utilt has to be our most slept on move with the exception of maybe header and deep breathing.

I don't use the word priority lightly, but I don't know what other word to use when describing just how many things it beats out and clanks with. An aerial aura sphere at 999% clanks for some reason and I've had no trouble beating things like Bowser's dair, Yoshi's downB, sex kicks, ganon's downB, ness' PK thunder 2. I almost feel like we should compile a list of things this move beats. On top of being her fastest ground move outside of jab, it's seriously underrated and under used.

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
Yeah, I've been thinking a lot about the utilt lately. It seems like it has so much potential, but I never really get any use out of it instinctively. I have to start trying to punish dairs and buttstomps with it. What properties has it got, exactly? Is there any disjointed hitbox, does it lower her hurtbox when she bends down?

Last edited:
I do want to but all I feel is upset-ness :mad:

Also the patch is kind of a bummer since I had a few (I believe good) WFT replays I wanted to record but now I can't.

My favourite was probably the one where I the first stock with DAir and the second with Header it was pretty nice

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
So I'm having problems getting the maximum height out of the Jumbo Hoops custom consistently. Cost me a few crucial stocks here and there... Is there some kind of rhythm to it or am I just supposed to mash as fast as I can?

Well Jumbo Hoops don't go very high to begin with, not when compared to the other two hoops

Then again I also have that issue with standard hoops. Sometimes she'll gyrate really quickly and I'll fly into the air, and other times the height covered is middling to say the least, despite how madly I mash the button

Niala

Smash Ace
The regular hoops are pretty touchy I find. Although I think, by majority, that might be because of lag online, 'cause I haven't had nearly as much trouble using it in local matches.

Although it might be worth looking into about whether or not there's a proper rhythm to it.

o also should I upload some videos of matches? They'd be ass webcam quality if I did, but I'll do it if people would watch.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know in Melee (and in Smash 4?) Dr. Tornado and Luigi Cyclone required REGULAR (though as many as possible) inputs to increase their height, rather than rapid inputs. Maybe it's like that for Super Hoop? It'll be hard to say for sure until frame advance is possible though.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I have a friend who can unnaturally vibrate his arm and push a single button at a pace mere mortals cannot even begin to comprehend, and he wasn't consistent at getting the maximum height off Jumbo Hoops either. I can even get the maximum height from deliberately mashing less than my top speed. That's why I suspect that there's a rhythm to it.

Just give it a few runs in Training, you'll immediately notice the differences in height from different kinds of mashing.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Customs are legal at EVO. We can expect possible good results for Wii Fit.

I have a friend who can unnaturally vibrate his arm and push a single button at a pace mere mortals cannot even begin to comprehend, and he wasn't consistent at getting the maximum height off Jumbo Hoops either. I can even get the maximum height from deliberately mashing less than my top speed. That's why I suspect that there's a rhythm to it.

Just give it a few runs in Training, you'll immediately notice the differences in height from different kinds of mashing.
So the best thing is to just not go too deep edgeguarding. The weighted header is a good tool for it. Also good job at the exhibition. Are yew planning to main her or use her at evo where customs are legal?
View attachment 37348 Just gonna leave this here.
Can yew get another picture similar to that but with the Red male trainer instead?

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I do want to but all I feel is upset-ness :mad:

Also the patch is kind of a bummer since I had a few (I believe good) WFT replays I wanted to record but now I can't.

My favourite was probably the one where I the first stock with DAir and the second with Header it was pretty nice
I had the horrible--->hilarious experience of fighting a Robin where first my reverse jab went through her, and then the next 6 or so attacks or hers went through WFT. I kept thinking about that bone intangibility and wondering if that caused it or if it was just us being too close together in conjunction with her super thin frame.

Customs are legal at EVO. We can expect possible good results for Wii Fit.
Still depends on a decent number or WFT players or one or so really phenomenal players.

So the best thing is to just not go too deep edgeguarding.
I'm Not convinced on that yet. Maybe just find the correct rhythm. This was my original concern with the custom sets almost all containing jumbo header until I did some testing and found that she can recover from the magnifying glass just fine if she retains her jump similar to Luigi.

I can't say I've had much trouble getting the maximum height unless I was moving which I'm not sure is a factor in determining the height or just me messing up because my hands aren't focused on mashing. Guess we'll find out soon.

Also, @ John12346 John12346 I would pay to see your friend perform the Wind Waker zombie hover glitch. Does he have a stream or something?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I don't really mind being underrated on what amounts to a popularity chart and in general most smashboards opinions all kinds of uninformed, biased, and spoiled mess.

Best way to fix it IMO is going to tournaments often and wrecking ****.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't really mind being underrated on what amounts to a popularity chart and in general most smashboards opinions all kinds of uninformed, biased, and spoiled mess.

Yeah I got 3rd in my last tournament and I'm hoping to get 1st on the one this Friday. It just annoys me when a person bases the whole character on one bad trait like Wii fits range, palutenas tilts, Doc's mobility like theres more than just that.

So basically our own version of sonics winning steak?!

A1 and steak are so unhealthy though. If anything this would be Trainer's condiment of choice

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans I saw some talk/mention of that seemingly missing hit-box data for Usmash, and I may have a better answer about what it might've been:

If you search up the oldest debut video for WFT, (the one in public where they show her trailer but making people think it's just a wiifit game.) after they finish the trailer and a guy shows off a little WFT you can see a moment where he uses WFT's Usmash at point blank FACING bowser, and her knee lightly knocks him away. So I think it was either a scrapped knee hit-box design, or it was lost in development somehow.

@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans I saw some talk/mention of that seemingly missing hit-box data for Usmash, and I may have a better answer about what it might've been:

If you search up the oldest debut video for WFT, (the one in public where they show her trailer but making people think it's just a wiifit game.) after they finish the trailer and a guy shows off a little WFT you can see a moment where he uses WFT's Usmash at point blank FACING bowser, and her knee lightly knocks him away. So I think it was either a scrapped knee hit-box design, or it was lost in development somehow.
Yeah, and even THAT would have been nice to have. But instead they just left the timers and the RemoveAllHitboxes flag in to tease us ;_;
:')
ayo let's go +9 git gud
+39 imo

⑨ball

Smash Ace

T͇͍̖̠̒ͨͭ̀̐i͎͑̾͛̽̔ͅm̭͈̤͔̠͍̳ĕ͔̞̬͖͝ ͓̟̳ͩt̩͎̬͆̑o͈̗̺̹ͧ͆͐ͣ ͍̦͖̪̻͔̾͑̑ͭ͘ǵ̸̙̞̀͒e͇̼̤̫̗̯̐ͥ̑͋̆̈t͉̯̣͉͔ͣͬͭ̊ ͐̔ͫͣ͒f̠̟͔̦̓́ͯͩi̛̲̠̐t̒͒́ͦ̍.̵̠̄̓ͧ

T͇͍̖̠̒ͨͭ̀̐i͎͑̾͛̽̔ͅm̭͈̤͔̠͍̳ĕ͔̞̬͖͝ ͓̟̳ͩt̩͎̬͆̑o͈̗̺̹ͧ͆͐ͣ ͍̦͖̪̻͔̾͑̑ͭ͘ǵ̸̙̞̀͒e͇̼̤̫̗̯̐ͥ̑͋̆̈t͉̯̣͉͔ͣͬͭ̊ ͐̔ͫͣ͒f̠̟͔̦̓́ͯͩi̛̲̠̐t̒͒́ͦ̍.̵̠̄̓ͧ
Ive only ever seen this stupid meme in black and blue...

Top Bottom