• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Week in Review Issue #20

Which Veterans do you Expect to be Announced at E3?

• Ness

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Meta Knight

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Dr. Mario

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Wario

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Mr. Game and Watch

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Snake

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Wolf

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Roy

• Pichu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Young Link

• Mewtwo

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Pokemon Trainer (by him/herself)

• Squirtle

• Ivysaur

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Week in Review Edition #20
5/26- 5/30

Banner by @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Staff
Writers:

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
@TumblrFamous
@---
@Opossum
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy
@Frostwraith

@ Pazzo. Pazzo.
@BigAxle
@Vegito2727

Editor:
@Aerodrome

I would like to take this time to apologize for the lack of content in tWiR. Sadly, I have been very busy so I have not been able to give my 100% all to the articles. Within a few weeks, however, I think I will be able to dedicate more time to it. Again, I apologize and I hope you enjoy the articles.

I would like to say a big and huge thank you to:
[/CENTER]
  • @TumblrFamous, @ Pazzo. Pazzo. and @Vegito2727 for writing the PotD articles
  • Thank you to @ Pazzo. Pazzo. for the Invitational article and to @BigAxle for the SmashFest @ Best Buy article!
  • @Thank you to @ mimgrim mimgrim to writing the Spirit Train Stage Analysis!
  • @ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate for agreeing to an interview
  • To my staff members who help out to make the WiR great!
  • To all the readers who support us!
Previous Issues

[collapse=Previous Issues]
To view the previous issues
Issue #1
Issue #2
Issue #3
Issue #4
Issue #5
Issue #6
Issue #7
Issue #8
Issue #9
Issue #10
Issue #11
Issue #12
Issue #13
Issue #13 Direct
Issue #14
Issue #15
Issue #16
Issue #17
Issue #18
Issue #19
[/collapse]

Want to help or contribute?

[collapse=Rules and Other Infos]This is the first edition of "The Week in Review". The Week in Review will be a series of articles I have made throughout the week concerning the Pic of Day through using posts, threads, and MiiVerse to pool information and opinions about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS . However, the articles are not only limited to my own observation but to those of the larger Smash 4 community. Users are encouraged to submit articles and observations as well as opinions concerning the pictures that were updated throughout the week. I will explain how you can contribute later.

So what can you expect from this thread? On Friday, I will update the thread with a new article which will contain the Pic of the Day, other relevant images, information, I will also be pulling out interesting and thought provoking posts that have popped up throughout the week on the various threads such as the Wii U Discussion thread, 3DS Discussion Thread, MiiVerse Photo Thread, Roster Discussion Thread, character support threads as well as the Super Smash Bros, Wii U/3DS Backroom thus linking them altogether. In addition, I will also be adding up any information that Sakurai has revealed outside of the website/MiiVerse such as interviews and news articles.

I will open the thread on the weekend for people to talk about how the week went and comment on the articles. However, I will be closing the thread on Monday in order to prevent premature discussion about the weeks updates. I will be operating on Japanese Standard Time since both myself and Sakurai (OMG both of us in the same sentence?!?!?!) live on JST. View the JST Page in order to fully understand how time works.

Additionally, while this thread will focus on solely the Pic of the Day, I will sometimes allow pieces to be written about Smashboards, the Smash Community, MiiVerse, or Sakurai information. Additionally, once we have more information regarding the nature of the character, I will allow a user to write up an in-depth analysis of a character, veteran or newcomer. So come show your stuff!

Why is this thread needed?

We do have various discussion threads pertaining to various aspects of Smash. However, this is less of a discussion thread and more like a newsletter. I intend to present the facts and portray an unbiased review of the week. It will also serve as a hub to collect information, pictures, and articles that have been released in a weekly format thus allowing users to review the past weeks for better understanding how to predict future updates or to comb through information in an effective manner. It will also serve as a place to users to present their information, opinions, and observations in a semi-academical format. More information is listed below. If you see an interesting, funny, thought-provoking, or ridiculous post either on the SWF or on MiiVerse, PM me about it and I will include it! If you want me to remove you from a certain Tag, PM me and I will take you off.

Also, I wanted to use this space to allow users to be creative and constructive in speculating Smash in a more journalistic manner. I will not edit any posts except if they are inappropriate, bypass the censor, hateful in nature, or irrelevant.

How can I help?

You can contribute to this thread in many ways.
1) You can serve as a guest writer. This is done by contacting me via PM and apply to be a guest writer for the current week. I am able to allow or refuse the guest writer based on past credentials and reputation within the Smash 4 community so please keep that in mind.

After approval, I can either give you a piece to write OR you can choose one yourself. It should be focused on a particular Pic of the Day. Please promptly let me know which one you intend to. If I do not hear from you within a day, I will not accept an article. The article itself should be professionally written with little to no grammar or spelling mistakes. Any sources should be cited with a link to direct readers. While I understand some updates may be hard to write for, please write at least two paragraphs for each update. Unless it is an update of Luigi's nose but I am sure someone can find some Freudian psycho-analysis about that update. Please refer to the first edition post about how to write an article (though I am pretty sure many journalist/lit majors can do a much better job than I can lol).

2) You can help me gather posts that are excellent or at least interesting in nature. PM me any posts concerning a particular update and I will then add it to the articles. I frequent the above mentioned threads on a daily basis but I obviously miss things so I am heavily dependent on everyone getting me those great and thought-provoking posts. I want this thread to showcase what the brilliant minds in the Smash 4 community can do!

3) While you can discuss past and future weeks, please refrain from dissecting or analyzing the previous/future weeks and save that for the current week.

4) Could someone be a dear and make a banner for this thread. It's not urgent but a banner would be grand.[/collapse]

Table of Contents

1.1 Day #1: ...Board the Platforms?
2.1 Day #2:To Infinity....AND BEYOND!
3.1 Day #3: Smoke 'em
4.1 Day #4:No Blue Flames for You!
5.1 Day #5: ---
6.1 Week Overview
7.1 -Smash Bros. Invitational: Details Revealed-
8.1 SmashFest @ Best Buy
9.1 Week in Review Interview: @ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate
8.1 Stage Analysis: Spirit Tracks @ mimgrim mimgrim
9.1 We Want YOU to Vote! Results
10.1 Sakurai's Journal
11.1 Help Wanted

...Board the Platforms?
Day #1: Monday

Writer: @TumblrFamous

Yeah, I’m gonna be honest. I did not expect to see something that wasn’t Ike today. I thought we would see something about him. But nope! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the picture today. It seems we have another new mechanic in this game, a cosmetic change to the revival platforms!

As any Smasher knows, the main goal is to KO the opponent, knocking them off the screen. After being KO’d, they’re revived and join the fray. They come down from the sky on a revival platform and are ready to come back into the game.

"Pic of the day. Here's a look at the revival platforms. The color of the bottom mechanism changes from yellow to red to warn you how much time you have left before you drop into the fray."
–Masahiro Sakurai

Yep, we have a nice addition to the platforms. When you are brought back onto the stage via platform, you have the opportunity to stay on the platform for a matter of seconds. After the time is up, you automatically drop down. Of course, you have the opportunity to drop down at any time in that period of seconds.

But now, there’s a nice change. It’s apparent that once the platform comes down, the lights on the bottom will apparently emit a yellow color, and will progressively turn red as time standing on the platform runs out. It’s a good way to let players see how much time they have until they have to reenter. What some people speculate is that it is not just yellow to red, but other colors that will eventually progress to red, indicating the decrease in time left.

All this talk of platforms.Remember Board the Platforms? The fun game in Smash 64? Well, that was quite the topic today. Today’s Pic of the Day reminded people of the game, and users reminisced and hoped for its long-awaited return.

That being said, there were many different reactions to this reveal, mostly positive. Some people still impatient for more reveals before E3.

Jesus, they're putting thought into just about EVERYTHING. Seriously, I don't think there's a single part of the old games that isn't getting at least a minor revamp or rework or update. The dedication this team is showing is crazy.
@Jack Kieser

Subtle changes like these are why I think this game has serious potential.

The attention to detail is clearly there this time, which is something Brawl obviously lacked.
@The Real Gamer

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but the timer on the revival platform clearly turns from blue, to green, to yellow, to red.
@KenithTheGatherer

2 words: BOARD THE PLATAFROMS, confirmed
@Sebagomez

And of course, people are still waiting for our greedy rival.

Still waitin', Sakurai....
@GoldenYuiitusin

It was a nice update. Most agree it was a good update for a mechanic, but not particularly necessary. One thing is for certain, though. The amount of detail and effort the developers are putting into this game is insane.

Things Confirmed for Monday:

1. Revival Platforms will change in color to indicate time left standing on the platform.

To Infinity....AND BEYOND!
Day #2: Tuesday

Writer: @ Pazzo. Pazzo.

Tuesday brought us our first look at it in a pic of the day, and this time for the 3DS.

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. The rocket belt from Pilotwings lets you fly upward by jumping. This is a really useful item for characters that have weaker recoveries. By the way, is that cape fireproof?
During the April Smash Direct, we got our first look at the Rocket Belt item from the Pilot Wings franchise. When used, the player would gain a jump not unlike R.O.B’s recovery move, Robo Burner.

In Pilotwings for the Nintendo 64, and Pilotwings Resort for the 3DS, players have the choice between three different aircraft, the Plane, Hang Glider, and Rocket Belt, with the last requiring a level of precision in it’s flying.

Being a unique new character recovery item, user on Smashboards had quite a few things to say…

Love the new Up Special.
It's nice to be on a no-filler hot streak.
@Hot Uncle Sparky

Can't wait to see Bowser using that item.
And Ridley.

Ridley grabs Jetpack: "Yeah! Now I can finally fly around anywhere I want! It's not like I have wings or so!"
MasterofMonster
@

I wonder if this

A ) Jump button = hover until gas runs out. Jumps are disabled.

B ) Holding down Jump button will enable hover at the end of a jump.

C ) Limits your jumping to 1 now, but can hover to replace not having a 2nd jump (he didn't mention it, but you never know)

This will be funny in 4 player matches where one might want to rely on this item and ends up being on E. But who would seriously rely on it unless you've been paying attention to its usage
@Hayzie

Would rather have a Mother confirmation instead, but we do know that Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge are both in.
@ ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef

With the Pilotwings stage and new item, its always good to see a beloved franchise get some representation in Smash Brothers.
Things confirmed for Tuesday:

1. The Rocket Belt will appear as an item on the 3DS, as well.

Smoke 'Em
Day #3: Wednesday

Writer: @Vegito2727

Sakurai opened up Wednesday with a hot topic. Fresh out of the oven, Sakurai shows us that characters with high damage over time will slowly start to smoke. Give them an attack that is sure to make them go up in flames.

Pic of the day. Characters that have heavy damage slowly start to emit steam. When your opponent starts to get nice and smoky, give 'em a solid attack!
Now, you mind may be flaring on the idea, but this is actually an old feature. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had this feature.

Was this not already a feature in Brawl? I was sure it was...
@Radical Beam
@Swampasaur

Users were very ablazed by this returning indicator.

@Bravetriforcer

Over 300%, and you simply evaporate in place.
@Sehnsucht

Ahaha, what an interesting addition! Opponents emit steam when things start to get heated, eh? What a hot battle! I bet all my attacks have got em steaming mad! ...steam.
@Sonsa

@ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Kirby at high percent will look like angry Majin Buu.
@ChickenWing13

Well this sure is... strange. Is it really needed / wanted? Probably not.
@katastrophic

Time for me to smoke :smirk: the competition.
@JCDied4U

Things Confirmed for Wednesday

1. Characters will smoke when they are at high damage.

No Blue Flames For You!
Day #4: Thursday

Writer: @ Pazzo. Pazzo.

Thursday’s update brought us our first look at one of Ike’s specials, Eruption.

Sakurai said:
"Pic of the day. You can charge up Ike's Eruption attack by holding the button down, but remember to release it right before it fully charges to avoid recoil damage. Let go of the button at the moment the sword shines!"
Returning from Brawl, Eruption is Ike’s Neutral Special, a chargeable attack where Ike raises his sword, Ragnell, then plunges it into the ground with a explosion of flames. This move appears to be original, as Ike has never used a move such as this in any Fire Emblem game. Ike has used flames to attack, but never in this manner. It’s currently unknown if Ike’s signature attack will retain it’s same damage from Brawl, but the recoil from charging it too long will return.

Thursday’s pic had a few comments..

Eruption is back. Roy deconfirmed.

What's up with Mario's cheek?
-----
@Rebellious Treecko

So, Ike confirmed for being identical to his Brawl-Self?
@ZeldaMaster

Get wrecked plumber.
Wario unofficially officially deconfirmed.
@BeatNinja

The way that comment is written suggests it wasn't just an oversight in Brawl that "flash" Eruption was better than max charge in every way.

Also, Eruption was not a useless special move in Brawl. The super armor was very useful for escaping juggle situations, something Ike otherwise had very poor options for (easier in that situation than Counter!). It was hardly Ike's #1 move, but I wouldn't conflate it with Warlock Punch at all.
@Amazing Ampharos

Darn... So the move is exactly the same as in Brawl. :/ No blue flames.

I like Mario's expression though.
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa

I'm not surprised Wario wasn't shown today, but since he wasn't, he's most likely an E3 reveal at this point.

As for the picture, I wasn't even worried about a possible tripping element until I came here, but I'm going to assume the "trip" isn't anything of note. Eruption seems pretty much the same, but hopefully Ike has other moveset tweaks.
@ spader13 spader13

Things Confirmed for Thursday:

1. Ike’s neutral special, Eruption, will return.

2. Ragnell will now shine when Eruption is at it’s full power.

Revenge Highlighting
Day #5: Friday
Writer: @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Friday gave us two PotD with a quote each. This is really the first time we get to fully see the percentage displays; especially for the 3DS. Utilizing the touch screen fully, Sakurai said...

Pic of the day. Here's a first look at the bottom-screen display for the Nintendo 3DS. Your name will appear in the area above the accumulated damage. And if you tap one of the fighter displays…!
He then went to say...

…You can highlight that fighter on your screen. This is useful when you want to get back at a particular opponent. You can also highlight yourself if you need to keep better track of where you are. This is a great benefit to having your own individual screen.
It is unknown if this extended to the Wii U using the Game Pad. However, since the Nintendo 3DS does not share the same screen for multiple players, this makes it easier to utilize this sort of function. Sakurai also confirmed that by touching a player's icon, you can highlight a player on the game screen. This can be used for a variety of purposes such as exacting revenge against a player who wronged you or to highlight yourself to keep track of yourself. This would most definitely help keep track of the characters on the smaller 3DS screen.

Here are what some fans thought:

Wow, that seems a good feature.
@aldelaro5

Decent update.
I was curious at times as to what the bottom screen of the 3DS version would look like.

----
@Rebellious Treecko

I like this. Wished Wario was confirmed though.
@skaaaa

Nice feature,.

But I'm let down that we didn't get a significant disconfirmation, or a Veteran, or confirmation of alts for all characters. I wanted something that would keep people talking through the weekend!
@PurpleSpaceDragon

That info's actually pretty good. I approve of the feature. It'll prove useful when you're on huge stages.
@Admiral Pit

Regardless, it is great to see the display on the 3DS and the targeting feature is a unique and helpful feature.

Things confirmed for Friday

1. The 3DS touch screen will feature the character icons and percentages.
2.Touching the character will highlight that character.

Overview
This week was "Minor Details Week" for Smash Bros. fans. Monday brought color-changing platforms that you probably didn't know about, nor would you have ever cared. Tuesday was minor details on controls and focused on the Rocket Belt. Wednesday brought us some hot problems. Thursday showed us a minor detail about a simple sparkle, a sword, and a fan request denied. We even paid attention to the "targeting" detail on the 3DS. So, as mentioned above, this week was "Minor Details Week." Personally, this is stuff we probably would've never cared about if Sakurai didn't point it out. It makes you wonder what other small details are out there.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Smash Bros. Invitational: Details Revealed

Author: @MaskO’Gears

On Thursday May 27, we got quite a few details on the Smash Bros. Invitational in a special video-announcement, the first competitive Smash Bros. endorsed and sponsored by Nintendo. Multiple well known players and announcers from the competitive scene were confirmed to be participating, as well as the rules of the tournament, and the playable characters available for the competitors. At the end a very special announcement was also made; the reveal of a wired Gamecube controler for the Wii U.

-The Players-

In order of appearance;

1. Lilian "milktea" Chen
  2. Hugo "HugS" Gonzalez
  3. Ken "LiquidKen" Hoang
  4. Daniel "LiquidKDJ" Jung
  5. Neha "Lilo" Chhetri
  6. Hendrick "DJNintendo" Pilar
  7. Kris "Toph" Aldenderfer
  8. Sam "PeachyHime" McNaughton
  9. Juan "Crs.Hungrybox" DeBeidma
  10. Kevin "PewPewU" Toy
  11. Kevin "EG PPMD" Nanney
  12. Dakota "TheRapture" Lasky
  13. Cristin "Crismas" DeSaro
  14. McCain "MacD" LaVelle
  15. Masaya "aMsa" Chikamoto
  16. Gonzalo "CT ZeRo" Barrios

-The Announcers-

Wynton "prog" Smith
Bobby "Scar" Scarnewman
D'Ron "D1" Maingrette

-The Rules-

The rules of the tournament appear to be a mixture between the traditional competitive rules, and the more widely known casual ruleset.

For the First Three Rounds:

-Players will compete in matches with four players with four stocks each
-Items on
-Five minute timer
-The top 2 players of each match will advance to the next round
-Single Elimination

For the Grand Finals:

-Two Players
-Battlefield
-Items off

Players will select a character from a provided list to compete as for the entire tournament. Players will pick a number out of a hat 1 to 16, and will then pick the character they will play as in that order.

For more detailed info, check out the official Nintendo rules.

-The Characters-

While the confirmed list of characters have yet to be revealed, judging from those not playable; here is a possible list:
  1. Mario
  2. Bowser
  3. Rosalina and Luma
  4. Link
  5. Zelda
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Samus
  8. Zero Suit Samus
  9. Kirby
  10. Pikachu
  11. Greninja
  12. Pit
  13. Fox
  14. Olimar and Pikmin
  15. Marth
  16. Villager
  17. Wii Fit Trainer
  18. Little Mac
  19. Sonic
  20. Mega Man

Characters NOT playable:
Ike, Charizard, Yoshi, Sheik, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Dedede, Toon Link, Peach, and Luigi.

-Gamecube Controller-

Following the tournament news, Nintendo announced a controller that no doubt caused much excitement, the wired Wii U Gamecube Adapter.

Competitive Smash Player were worried about the lack of a wired controller for Smash Bros. While most had accepted the Wii U Pro controller or the Classic Controller Pro, the competitive Smash community was born on the back of the Gamecube controler. Nintendo, recognizing this, is producing a wired Gamecube adaptor, that appears to come with a Smash-designed black controler.

-The Reactions-

Though short, the news of the tournament has excited Smash fans, as something of this level has never been tried by Nintendo. Now, the competitive community is a recognized and celebrated part of Smash. Here’s just a few comments from the fans.

Anyone else want to cry? I want to cry, lets all cry together

(also the goosebumps won't go away)
2ndComing

Kinda was hoping M2K would be chosen, but still a nice line up. Mega Hype!
Accf124

I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

Look at that sexy GCN controller + adapter

It's what I've wanted. Thank you Nintendo T_T
mygamecube

Considering I know nothing about the competitive scene...

Mega Bidoof

I can't be the only one hyped about watching aMSa, right?

when I watched him at that one tournament with his yoshi, I instantly liked him.
legendofrob1

Peachyhime is there but Peach is not playable

ok
ecylisis

Not going to lie.
I screamed at my monitor.

Dat Adaptor. :F
Rekano

OMG that adapter!!!!!ASDASDASDVSBDGSDFdfsdfsdfsgd :!!!!regf
lilt

WTF IS THIS OoOoO!!!! I think I'm dreaming... I mean is this for REAL ??? The hype just intensified unlimited... I just can't believe it..... HOLY !!!!
Heefe

The author's reaction can be summarized in this video.

-Conclusion-

The competitive Smash scene has seen it’s rough days. Players have fought in game and in real life to improve the competitive rules, community, and public relations. Starting with humble beginnings, the competitive Smash community is like a rolling snowball, gaining speed and growing with every day, and though it has many enemies, Nintendo appears to have pledged to acknowledge and perhaps foster the growing e-sport. For some, this news is a new chance, for others, it’s a great opportunity for the game, but for a few, it’s literally a dream come true.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Smash Fest @ Best Buy!
Special Announcement
Writer: @BigAxle

A big announcement for Smashers came on Tuesday, May 27th! Nintendo has announced some more details regarding the Smash Fest for E3 this year! While E3 2014’s main event Smash wise appears to be the Invitational Tourney, the news that there will be multiple demos scheduled across the United States & Canada is what’s exciting more players. Many people aren’t able to make it to E3, so this is an exciting opportunity… that is, unless the locations aren’t that nearby to you. The entire list of locations can be found by clicking the link below!

American Locations

Canadian Locations

Times for Each Day:
June 11 (Tues)- 4PM- 9PM
June 14 (Sat)- 12PM- 5PM
Please note that this is relative to your store’s time zone. Features and Events may be altered or cancelled at any point in time. If you are unsure, check with your planned Best Buy to see if they will still host the event the day of or before your planned day.

In addition, it’s been noted that a promotional item, a Gold Smash Bros Coin, will be available to the first 70 attendees at each location each day that pre-order either game at Best Buy. In addition, they recommend bringing a 3DS/2DS system to play games while you may be waiting for another turn to have a go.

It is currently unknown what features are at the event, what characters, stages and modes will be available. However, in news related to the WiR… The writer of this article will be going to a Smash Fest @ Best Buy! I’ll be detailing my ventures for those who are unable to attend the event, or simply want to hear another’s playtime.

Want to discuss E3 2014? Go to the Subforum!
http://smashboards.com/forums/super-smash-brothers-at-e3.473/

Things Confirmed for this Announcement:
1. There will be two days for the Smash E3 2014 Event.
2. Pre-Orders will have a special Smash Gold Coin Bonus.
3. Times and locations have been revealed for the Smash Fest @ Best Buy.
4. Smash Fest @ Best Buy will also be occuring in Canada in addition to the United States.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Week in Review Interview of the Week

@ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate or just Psycho is a long-time Smashboards member and speculator. Joining during the speculation hype for Brawl, he was known for his support for Geno and King Dedede. He is still active in the King Dedede boards but also runs the Geno support thread. Psycho is also known for his gripping and detailed joke character threads and easily the progenitor of them. Psycho is active in the MiiVerse picture thread and the Smash Bros. Wii U Social thread as well as a long-term member of the Smash Bros. 4 Back Room. So please sit back and I hope you enjoy this interview.

How long have you been a member on Smashboards and why did you join?
I joined in 2007 sometime after I found out about the creation of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Previously, I had been a member of Midway’s forum for Mortal Kombat Armageddon and, while mostly being ignorant of forum etiquette, I had a great time discussing and speculating about potential characters. Searching for a forum to discuss Brawl, I came upon SWF and after lurking for a while, I joined to support mostly King Dedede. It was THEN I discovered support for Geno…

What is your favorite part of Smashboards? What is your least favorite part?
My favorite part is the community. I’ve been to quite a few forums and it’s just pure chaos. You think spam on Smashboards is bad, try other forums where they allow 50 topics on the same subject. There is no clear, comprehensible conversation on any topic. I’ve also been to forums where they have elitism based on strange things such as join date or post count. If you didn’t join before a specific time or have enough posts, your opinion doesn’t matter. The strange thing is that Smashboards is pretty relaxed as well YET I still see people complaining about the strict rules.

Will you be getting Super Smash Bros. for Wii U or 3DS?
I will probably be getting both, helped mostly by their separated release dates. I’ll probably end up playing the 3DS version more because of convenience, the Wii U version will definitely be the true experience for me – As long as I can find people to play with.

Who are your Mains in 64/Melee/Brawl? Who do you plan to main in Smash 4?
In 64 I primarily played as Donkey Kong, but for the most part I wasn’t too great at the game. I had some fun times, and I actually competed in a tournament at a school event but…eh.

Now Melee is the game I played the most. I mostly mained Sheik, and I was at least good enough that people in the area (Mostly non-competitive players) sometimes banned me from using sheik. Ironic, since THEY used marth and fox. Also, kicked butt at an anime convention tournament. While not using Sheik, I played as Samus, who I loved how she played in melee. Her attacks felt like the had impact when I actually striked the opponent. I also played as Mewtwo. Mostly those 3.

Brawl is a game I didn’t get to play very often. I wasn’t really able to find very many people around the area that wanted to play it, and with other things just never got too much into it. However, when I did play I played as King Dedede and ROB. King Dedede was one of my most wanted characters for BOTH Melee and Brawl AND probably one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

Who is your most wanted newcomer for Smash 4? More than one answer is ok.
My most wanted characters for Smash 4 are the completely unrealistic choices of Geno and Sukapon. Sukapon is a character I originally didn’t know about until Brawl speculation. Properly Romanized as “Skapon”, I think that sounds stupid so I call him Sukapon. Sukapon is from a Nintendo fighting game that came out ONLY for the famicon. The story is more or less a copy of Mega Man, with two scientists that work with eachother to create robots and one of them turns evil (Spontaneously) and takes the other robots to do evil deeds. I was able to get an English translation of the game and played it after watching a Let’s Play by deceased crab. I loved it and the rest is history.

Geno, on the other hand, is a character I knew about since my childhood. Super Mario RPG was a game that I only was able to play by renting, but I loved it since the first time I played it. Ironically, I disliked the non-mario characters in the game when I first played it (Geno and Mallow) What changed my mind was when I learned Geno could deal 9999 with Geno whirl AND could hit Exor with it. The first time I played Mario RPG I didn’t get RPG’s, and when I faced Exor I lost horribly. When I learned a character from my favorite game during my childhood had a “chance” in Brawl, I jumped at the chance.

What stages would you like to see included in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS? Past stages included?
Of course the stage I have wanted for the longest time is Bowser’s castle. I imagine lava and all sorts of traps or something like rotating morning stars.

Another great stage would be Giygas from Earthbound. It would be the creepiest stage ever.

Lastly, Magicant from Earthbound Zero would be so surreal.

(For past stages, Saffron City)

What would you like to see improved or expanded from Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
A lot of the characters in Brawl just don’t seem to have that feeling of impact when attacking the opponent. I’m not sure I can explain it well. Honestly, I just prefer the feeling of Melee more than Brawl. If I can find people to play with, I’ll probably have a good time regardless though.

What is your best/favorite Smash Bros. moment/memory?
My favorite memories in Smash will always be the old days in Melee just playing with the kids around the neighborhood. I don’t have that anymore, just being able to play with IRL people next to me. I just kind of miss that.
Where did your username come from?
When playing command and conquer (Yes the original) with a friend I needed a villainous name since I was playing Nod. I couldn’t really think of something because I was a good little church boy, BUT I knew enough about cinema history to remember the movie “Psycho”; I had no idea what Psycho meant, but it sounded intimidating and was a movie classic. Now, I just went with Psycho for a while, but after a while I realized that Psycho was an extremely common name at the time, at least on AIM. However, it wasn’t until Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun that I finally had a reason to change it. My “character” from command and conquer lost the last match against my friend so I RP’d he died. Since Tiberian Sun had cyborgs, I had him resurrected as a cyborg and renamed him “Psycho Incarnate”, as in the second incarnation of the character Psycho. I’ve just been using it since.

You are the owner of the Geno Support Thread. Could you possibly highlight on why you would like to see Geno and how he could be implemented in Smash Bros?
I talked about this partially earlier how Geno was one of the most powerful characters in one of my favorite games of all time. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the support he had from Brawl I would have never thought of the character BUT it’s an idea I love. I kind of see Geno with all sorts of traps and devices to trick up the opponent. I can see him having projectiles during in his normal and smash attacks, such as bullets and cannonballs. I see Geno Beam being his neutral B attack and it charges up, however instead of being more powerful it shoots a beam out longer, and the beam can be aimed while fired. The downside being that Geno is stationary while firing. Geno Whirl being the side B, mostly just a fast projectile. I have a couple of creative ideas for his other attacks, and have some people that have posted full movesets in pixel or flash form in the thread.

How has Smashboards from Pre-Brawl changed? Has it improved at all or not?
Other than the aesthetic differences, which bugged me at first but probably aren’t that bad/ maybe better than before, there are TWO problems I have with the new forum.

1) The HOME tab is the default page. I used to just refresh the forum by clicking the link to smashboards at the top and I’m so used to that I have to click the forum tab afterward. Just a little inconvenience to me.

2) You can collapse sections of the forum, and previously I could use that to shrink the page down to only show forums I post in. However, since the update every time a post is made in one of those sections it uncollapses. It kind of makes the ability to collapse the forum pointless.

In terms of what has changed in the community (Which is probably what was being asked in the first place), pre-Brawl was I time I actually kind of enjoyed. It was CHAOS. But it was fun.

Everyone was so passionate about what character they supported and a LOT less fact oriented. Most of the “facts” we had came from dubious sources and a lot was flat out wrong. Eventually it broke out into all-out war. For a while, the Geno thread was a pretty peaceful place, mostly thanks to McFox being the creator, BUT whenever Geno was involved in another thread, I lead them into battle like the best of them. ALL of my infractions and bans were from those days.

These days in Smash speculation, it’s ALL about facts and trying to find the most likely roster. Yet, I still find it funny that a lot of that accounts for characters such as Rosalina, Villager, WFT, and Greninja getting into Smash. The fact everyone is breaking down into all-out war definitely makes the community a lot better. Just, not necessarily as “fun”.

I also like the more “mystical” terms during Brawl such as “Prophet”

If you were President of the United States, what is someone you would like to do with your presidential powers?
World peace!

And by peace, I mean everyone bowing to my tyrannical iron fist!

There would be world equality. Men, woman, all races and ages, ALL equal under me.

Please tell us one thing about yourself that we may not know?
I’m single and available! But really, I just went to school for Media Design, mostly 2D animation, video editing, and various post production work. (https://www.youtube.com/user/PsychoIncarnate666) I’m kind of new to 2D animation, I never thought I was talented enough; I don’t really care now, it’s just fun! I like to draw, which you can see my …style, in my various 2D animations. I also like to write, mostly poetry. I’m trying to combine a poem and 2D animation to create an interesting story.

Thank you PsychoIncarnate for agreeing to an interview! Check back next week for the next interview!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Little Engine That Could
Author: @ mimgrim mimgrim

Spirit Tracks is a stage that will be in the upcoming game “Super Smash Bros. for 3DS”.
This stage was revealed at E3 2013 on June 11th as part of the first footage for “Super Smash Bros.” for 3DS/Wii-U” and this is the first time it have ever appeared in a “Super Smash Bros.” game. No footage of the stage has been shown for the Wii-U version.

Spirit tracks originally comes from the game “The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks” which is the 15th installment of the “The Legend of Zelda” Series and features the Spirit Train as a crucial part of the game.

Now that we got the boring stuff out of the way, let’s get onto what you’re actually reading this for, the effects of the stage and how it will work.

Rollin Rollin Rollin

Let’s start with the floor of the stage shall we? Now before the “Smash Bros” Direct we were unsure of how the floor would work. Many speculated it would work like Big Blue while others, like myself, thought it might work a bit differently due to this early picture.

But as it turned out, the Direct confirmed that the floor does indeed work like it does in Big Blue, the character goes with the scrolling stage to get taken to the edge of the stage.

Rollin Rollin Rollin Enemy Trains

As we can see here, we have a Dark Train, or Bomb Train. But how will it work? Unfourtantly we don’t know yet as all Sakurai said about this pic was “Pic of the day. A Dark Train goes full-steam ahead.” Now in the game itself the Dark Train is know for blowing up when it makes contact with the Spirit Train. Does this mean it will ram into the Spirit Train and explode, hurting near by characters? Or does a character need to jump or be knocked back into it for it to explode and send that character flying? Or is it just a temporary platform for characters to fight on? Only time will tell.

Here we see the Armored Train. Unlike its counterpart the Dark Train, it doesn’t explode. Instead it rams into the Spirit Train instantly destroying it, this seems unlikely to happen for Smash Bros however. And if you look closely we can see Charizard on the Armor Train crouching to dodge Samus’ grab which suggest the train will work as another platform to fight on. But it’s possible it could work as a hazard in some way.

Leave it to Me!

It’s Conductor Link!

No wait…. It’s Alfonzo!

As you can see, Conductor Link was first shown to be driving the Spirit train but later on we got this pic of Alfonzo driving the Spirit Train with Sakurai saying “Pic of the day. When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"” As Sakurai says, Alfonzo will replace Conductor Link whenever Toon Link is battling on the stage. Quite the detail from Sakurai! As potential possibilities for another character, but I’m not here to talk about an over sized purple space dragon. Just remember kids, you can leave it to Alfonzo to get the job done for you.

However, interestingly enough, Alfozo shows up in later pictures with Toon Link not being on the stage;

Does this mean Sakurai had Made Alfonzo the permanent conductor and no longer just shows up when Toon Link is in the battle? Only time will tell.

Pieces to the Train

Here we have what looks to be how the stage starts, aside from that floating platform possibly. Anyways, you see that cart at the end there, the one with Bowser molesting body slamming another victim? Well it seems like that cart will detach at certain times and something else will be there.

As we can see in the above picture, we have a new cart connected to the train with the old one being gone. This cart has 4 platforms that get higher with each.

As we can see here, we have a house. And we know that characters can jump onto it. But the real question is; does somebody come out of the house? If so, will they do anything? This particular picture also had Sakurai saying “In the train stage, the rear car can change during battle. It'll detach and move backward, so be careful! This pic features the Linebeck Trading Company, which is being transported for some reason.”

This picture shows a cart full of coal. It doesn’t seem to have special effects. But maybe it will slow characters down or dirty them up some?

These 4 carts are the only carts to have been shown yet. And we don’t know how two of them will work. But perhaps there are more parts of the train as well.

Platforms Fly in!

As you have already seen, there is this floating platform to the upper left corner that seems constant. But in fact, it is not always there.

Like in this picture.
As for how it comes in and leaves, well frankly we don’t know.

However, thanks to the animated picture above, we do know that another kind of picture is flown in by birds.

The floating platforms seem to be similar to how Big Blue has worked in past “Smash Bros.” games, but doesn’t seem to be as extensive.

Final Departure

Overall Spirit Tracks looks to be a unique and interesting stage that seems to share some similarities to Big Blue. It definitely looks fun to play on. I know I can’t wait to give it a try. As for whether or not the competitive scene will use it, that is rather doubtful given the history the community has with stages. And there is nothing wrong with that! However it is possible the 3DS version of “Super Smash Bros. for” might be limited on viable stages and exceptions may need to be made. Either way, it will definitely be an interesting and fun ride!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We Want YOU to Vote!

Which Characters do you think will appear at the Tournament and the SmashFest?

Last week, I polled readers on which characters that see being included in the E3 Invitational and the SmashFest @ Best Buy. When I sat down to begin writing for this Poll, even without looking at the results, I automatically new who would be at the top. In fact, I tried to guess who would actually place. Here is the list of the predicted top 10 I came up with:
  1. Mario
  2. Mega Man
  3. Link
  4. Villager
  5. Little Mac
  6. Kirby
  7. Pikachu
  8. Bowser
  9. Pit
  10. Sonic
Now, let's see how well I did.

1. Mario
    28 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. Luigi
    12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Peach
    21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  4. Bowser
    24 vote(s)
    70.6%
  5. Rosalina and Luma
    19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  6. Link
    27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  7. Zelda
    23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  8. Sheik
    18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  9. Toon Link
    10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  10. Kirby
    27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  11. King Dedede
    19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  12. Pikachu
    26 vote(s)
    76.5%
  13. Charizard
    20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  14. Lucario
    11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  15. Greninja
    19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  16. Donkey Kong
    25 vote(s)
    73.5%
  17. Diddy Kong
    17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  18. Yoshi
    22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  19. Pit
    25 vote(s)
    73.5%
  20. Samus
    27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  21. Zero Suit Samus
    13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  22. Marth
    19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  23. Ike
    10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  24. Fox
    26 vote(s)
    76.5%
  25. Olimar and Pikmin
    18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  26. Sonic
    20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  27. Mega Man
    25 vote(s)
    73.5%
  28. Villager
    25 vote(s)
    73.5%
  29. Little Mac
    26 vote(s)
    76.5%
  30. Wii Fit Trainer
    25 vote(s)
    73.5%
  31. The E3 2014 Revealed Characters
    24 vote(s)
    70.6%
First: Mario (28 votes, 82.4%)
Second: Link, Kirby, Samus (27 votes, 79.4%)
Third: Pikachu, Fox, Little Mac (26 votes, 76.5%)
Fourth: Donkey Kong, Pit, Mega Man Villager, Wii Fit Trainer (25 votes, 73.5%)
Fifth: Bowser, E3 2014 Reveals (24 votes, 70.6%)
Sixth: Zelda (23 votes, 67.6%)
Seventh: Yoshi (22 votes, 64.7%)
Eighth: Peach (21 votes, 61.8%)
Ninth: Charizard, Sonic (20 votes, 58.8%)
Tenth: Rosalina and Luma, Greninja, King Dedede, Marth (19 votes, 55.9%)
Eleventh: Olimar and Pikmin, Sheik (18 votes, 52.9%)
Twelfth: Diddy Kong (17 votes, 50.0%)
Thirteenth: Zero Suit Samus (13 votes, 38.2%)
Fourteenth: Luigi (12 votes, 35.3%)
Fifteenth: Lucario (11 votes, 32.4%)
Sixteenth: Toon Link, Ike (10 votes, 29.4%)

These results are very interesting in that it shows which characters fans perceive as appearing in the Demo and the Tournament. Obviously, Mario would rank the top most as he is the face of Nintendo and easily the most recognizable mascot. Interestingly enough, Link, Kirby, and Samus also all got second place while placing higher than other mainstays such as Pikachu, Fox, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong. It is interesting to note that all of the SSB64 cast minus Captain, Jiggs, Ness, and Luigi all place fairly high.

Little Mac placed the highest of all other newcomers but just by a margin. Both Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer all placed together (the E3 triad). Sadly, both Rosalina and Greninja placed the lowest of all other newcomers. Could this be that some readers assume that these two characters may actually be unlockable? Judging from the cast of characters, previously unlockable characters such as Toon link and Lucario all placed lower than starter characters. This could be that many readers feel that previously locked characters will not appear in the demo. With the exception of Marth and Sonic, all the other locked characters placed below the 50% mark. This could lead to a trend of Rosalina and Greninja being unloackable. In addition, previous transformation characters such as Charizard, Shiek, and Zero Suit Samus also placed lower than characters such as Zelda and Samus. It is possible that some feel that transformation characters could potentially not appear playable at the Demo. Finally, recently revealed characters such as Greninja, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ike are thought as having a less chance of appearing compared to other characters (though Olimar's low vote count concerns me). Charizard and Yoshi, revealed along with Shiek and Zero Suit Samus, made it above the 50% mark.

I also wanted to highlight on the fact that a fair amount of people felt that the characters revealed as E3 will be playable. My opinion on that disagrees that these E3 reveals will happen after the tournament and will not be featured. I feel that Sakurai would rather wait to show off these characters in later PotD prior to the release. But that is just my own opinion and it obviously contrasts to the 24 votes it accumulated.

In retrospect, I should have included an option for "All previously revealed characters" as that would of shown the demographic of those who think that all the characters, revealed since last year's E3 to now will be playable. Thus the entire cast at this point. I believe we would have seen far different results.

In closing, Mario is obviously the poll's breadwinner. It shows a trend that readers felt that previously locked characters could potentially not appear along with Rosalina and Greninja. This also conveys that some may think they are unlockable. Transformation characters also scored low indicating some few they may not appear on the demo along with previously revealed characters such as the Direct 5 and Ike. However, the SSB64 cast, minus Luigi and the other three) all scored high which shows that fans feel they are pivotal to Smash and very important. Overall, I feel these results from the poll showed the trends Smash fans are following and their feelings on the Invitational and the Demo.

With recent information regarding the Invitational, the official character list has been released for which characters the participants can pick. The character that participants are unable to pick are:

Ike, Charizard, Yoshi, Sheik, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Dedede, Toon Link, Peach, and Luigi

Save for Charizard, Diddy Kong, Dedede, and Peach; this is in line with much of the poll results. Using the rules of elimination, here is the list of character that may be playable:

1. Mario
  2. Bowser
  3. Rosalina and Luma
  4. Link
  5. Zelda
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Samus
  8. Zero Suit Samus
  9. Kirby
  10. Pikachu
  11. Greninja
  12. Pit
  13. Fox
  14. Olimar and Pikmin
  15. Marth
  16. Villager
  17. Wii Fit Trainer
  18. Little Mac
  19. Sonic
  20. Mega Man
This makes for a total of twenty characters with all newcomers playable. I find this list to be in line with the poll results with some upsets included the inclusion of Zero Suit Samus (13th on the poll), and Olimar and Pikmin (11th). While unknown as to why characters such as Peach, Dedede, Charizard, and Diddy Kong won't appear; it could potentially be attributed to those characters are yet unfinished or undergoing restructuring. It could also be some sort of legal mumbojumbo. Regardless, it will be quite the spectacular tournament which will open up a flood up information! Get hyped people!

Here are some of the reactions to the poll:

As for the poll. Dang is that a hard one.

I honestly have no clue as to which characters might get in for invitational and demos. So, I selected every option!
@ mimgrim mimgrim

This poll was a tricky one, as there are so many different ways it could go. I think we'll see Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, and Pikachu at minimum since they're the Perfect Attendance Crew. Marth, Pit, and Olimar I think will be there as the main characters of their franchises. I also think that we'll see Zelda, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Charizard to demonstrate their new play styles without transformations. We'll probably see both Sonic and Mega Man for being third party characters. Rounding up my list are Rosalina and Luma, Villager, Little Mac, and Wii Fit Trainer for newcomers. And the E3 2014 announced characters will be included to build off the Smash hype.
@ Jumpman84 Jumpman84

As for the poll, I voted for all the newcomers, since they're who people will want to play as. Apart from them, I had some protagonists of most of the veteran franchises.
@ allison allison

For this poll, I voted every character that was shown at E3 2013 (plus Yoshi) and the newcomers.
@ D dimensionsword64

We Want YOU to Vote!

Which Veterans do you Expect to be Announced at E3?

With E3 and the accompanying events underway, we are sure to see a new batch of characters: veterans and newcomers coming at us. Some believe this will be the last batch of characters before the release and some think we may see all of the veterans that have yet to be revealed to show up. What do you think?

Here are the poll options:

1. Ness
  2. Lucas
  3. Meta Knight
  4. Pokemon Trainer (minus Charizard)
  5. Wario
  6. Ice Climbers
  7. Captain Falcon
  8. Falco
  9. Ganondorf
  10. Jigglypuff
  11. Mr. Game and Watch
  12. Snake
  13. R.O.B.
  14. Wolf
Let us know which veteran characters you think will be revealed at this years E3!​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This was left on my WiR desk earlier this week and just labeled.....

"*laughs*"

Digging through its contents, I was amazed at the treasure trophy I have stumbled upon. I quickly translated a random entry into English and held onto it until today. Thus, I present to you, Smashboardians.....

Sakurai's Dairy

I was able to translate some more pages which were rich in content, stuff about his kitties, and laughing. Rich and succulent.​

Dear Diary,

Today Nintendo announced the details of the Smash Invitational tournament. Thanks to my input, items will be on for the most part. Reggie wanted them all removed, but I told him; "I didn't sacrifice my weekends and holidays on this game NOT to have items in!". He finally complied. I think we'll end up revealing way too much at E3 anyway. I just hope people will like Bidoof's moveset.

Today I've been playing around with the possibility of adding my cat to Smash Bros.
Ever since my wife left me during Melee's development period, Momo the cat has been my constant companion. If anyone deserves to be in the game, it's him, not some half-drawn character that Miyamoto created. He thinks he SO great, being the creator of Mario, Link and pretty much every other Nintendo character. I'm defiantly putting the Mario characters as low-tier.

Latter today I'm going to record my lines for King Dedede. I must say "Clobba dat there kirbeh!" and it sounds a bit strange. I have to look up what it means latter. I still have no idea why they called it a "Southern Dedede".

Recently, I've been playing around with the Villager character a lot. A lot of people online seem to have given him a murderous persona, so I'm changing his final smash to resemble something out of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Now to try to dodge that M rating....

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Misc Information/Requests
The WiR is a huge commitment for me. I typically spend anywhere from an hour to 5 hours of my day making sure the WiR is as good as it can be. But I do have a job that I constantly have to prepare and study for as long as taking online classes myself and studying Japanese to further my career. Not to mention I have a social life, a wife, and commitments that conflicts with the WiR.

Therefore, I depend A LOT on outside help. If you would like to help write a WiR, please contact me via Private Message and we can work out the details. If you have any idea or would like to contribute something different, I am open to ideas. For example, the veteran analysis was entirely @APC99’s idea. I could also use some help in finding quotes, watching threads, and proofreading. If you see some interesting posts that you think may help me in writing the WiR, simply quote it in a Private Message or quote/tag me in your post on that thread. That way, I am sure to read it and within its context.

Secondly, I want to open to three Requests I have for people. If you are interested in helping out, please put "____________ Submission" so I know what you are applying for.

Little Mac Newcomer Analysis

Are you planning on maining Mac? Was he one of your most wanted characters? Or are you interested in writing about him? I am looking for a capable writer to help cover the Little Mac analysis.

If you want to write up a analysis on Little Mac, hit me up on PM.​

Link

Link Veteran Analysis

Are you a Link main and want to try your hand at writing an analysis? Contact me and we can work out the details!

Potential Character Analysis: Ridley

Are you an avid supporter of Ridley! Show your knowledge of the space dragon by writing up an analysis of how Ridley would be incorporated into Smash! Everything from move sets, stats, game play, and more! Contact me for more details!

Stage Analysis

Are you interested in writing about stages? Feel free to contact me and apply to write about a Stage Analysis!

Here is a list that you can choose from!​

1. Tomodachi Collection

2. Garden of Hope

Let me know if you are able to write an analysis for either one of these stages!​

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Another Great WiR. :)

By the way, why is the poll limited to only one choice?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That guy being interviewed sounds like he's sexy

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah. Fixed.

Bad news. My new computer is busted. After posting this, it turned off and then went to the Aptio Setup Utility. But now my screen won't work so I'll take it to see if I can get it fixed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I voted Meta Knight, Wario, and Ice Climbers on the poll. Anyway, this was a rather large week with news regarding Smash Fest, but it sucks knowing that none of my nearest Best Buy locations are involved.

D

Deleted member

I voted for the six character that I believe will be in the game no matter what:
-Ness
-Captain Falcon
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ganondorf
-Meta Knight
-Wario
It's odd how these characters have been MIA. Perhaps they are being overhauled? (especially Wario considering he wasn't confirmed today)
I also voted for Snake. This is his last stand. If he's not revealed, he's done.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
What do people think of the stage analysis?

I voted for Ness, Falcon, and Puff (The only 3 in the Original 12 missing I believe?) along with Wario and MK (for more random reasons).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Mr. G&W, Ice Climbers, Falcon, Ness, ROB, Falco or any combination of the sort.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nice job on the WiR! Especially the parts I didn't do. :p

I voted for Ness, Falcon, Puffs, and ICs, so we have our last of the original 12, and a Melee vet.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I think the Pokemon Trainer (minus Charizard) option shouldn't be on the poll. We already know that transformations aren't returning, so we won't get what this option is implying. I think it would have been better to have separated out the options to be Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Pokemon Trainer. Also, you forgot Dr. Mario, Young Link, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Roy.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I figured Wario and Captain Falcon would be revealed; Wario because Mario Kart 8 was released quite recently, Captain Falcon because he's a mean lean hype machine. Nothing's hypier, he's the hypiest!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Voted Snake and ICs, they're the only two who I think have a good reason to be announced at such a big event. Snake is obviously 3rd party, and ICs could receive some changes. Aside from those two it could practically be anyone, or even no one.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting 3-4 veterans to be revealed, and most likely the ones rounding out the starting roster. As a result, I voted Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers. I also think a Mother character will be shown, and voted for Lucas in the poll as a result, but it could go either way on him or Ness.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
People seem to like voting Snake... Funny, because he was on only a select number of rosters a few months ago.

All five of them.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think the Pokemon Trainer (minus Charizard) option shouldn't be on the poll. We already know that transformations aren't returning, so we won't get what this option is implying. I think it would have been better to have separated out the options to be Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Pokemon Trainer. Also, you forgot Dr. Mario, Young Link, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Roy.
Thank you. I will be editing the poll to include these changes.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Thank you. I will be editing the poll to include these changes.
Thanks, Venus. I casted my votes in the poll. While we may not see all of them at E3, I have a good feeling we'll see all of them in the game. At the very minimum, Snake will be there, as he is a guest character and will probably have his own dedicated part of the trailer. Meta Knight and Wario should also debut, since it'd be a great callback to the E3 2006 Brawl trailer. As others have said, having Ness, Captain Falcon, and Ice Climbers would be great, too, if they are starters. My other votes (Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, and R.O.B.) are personal preferences, but I know their chances are slim. I voted Mewtwo, as many are expecting him there, but I'd be psyched to see Squirtle or an Ivysaur reveal. Or for them to give us the whammy of Pokémon Trainer as his own character.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I voted Ness, Captain Falcon, Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta-Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom