• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Week in Review Issue #16

What sort of player would you like to see invited to the Invitational?

• Top Pro players (i.e. Mew2King, Mang0, Armada, etc)

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • Casual players (chosen randomly via application)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • A mixture of professional and casual players (8 and 8)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Top Nintendo staff (Reggie, Iwata, Sakurai, etc)

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Celebrities (actors, singers, personalities, or even gamer celebrities)

• Chosen randomly from the crowd at E3

• Chosen via lotto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Me!!!!

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don't really care. I don't plan to watch it.

• Other

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Week in Review Edition #16
4/28- 5/02

Banner by @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Staff
Writers:

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
@TumblrFamous
@---
@Opossum
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
@Frostwraith

@ Pazzo. Pazzo.
@BigAxle

Editor:
@Aerodrome

I would like to take this time to apologize for the lack of content in tWiR. Sadly, I have been very busy so I have not been able to give my 100% all to the articles. Wthin a few weeks, however, I think I will be able to dedicate more time to it. Again, I apologize and I hope you enhoy the articles.

I would like to say a big and huge thank you to:
  • @ Pazzo. Pazzo. , @BigAxle , and @TumblrFamous for the articles!
  • @BKupa666 for agreeing to an interview
  • To my staff members who help out to make the WiR great!
  • To all the readers who support us!
Previous Issues

[collapse=Previous Issues]
To view the previous issues
Issue #1
Issue #2
Issue #3
Issue #4
Issue #5
Issue #6
Issue #7
Issue #8
Issue #9
Issue #10
Issue #11
Issue #12
Issue #13
Issue #13 Direct
Issue #14
Issue #15
[/collapse]

Want to help or contribute?

[collapse=Rules and Other Infos]This is the first edition of "The Week in Review". The Week in Review will be a series of articles I have made throughout the week concerning the Pic of Day through using posts, threads, and MiiVerse to pool information and opinions about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS . However, the articles are not only limited to my own observation but to those of the larger Smash 4 community. Users are encouraged to submit articles and observations as well as opinions concerning the pictures that were updated throughout the week. I will explain how you can contribute later.

So what can you expect from this thread? On Friday, I will update the thread with a new article which will contain the Pic of the Day, other relevant images, information, I will also be pulling out interesting and thought provoking posts that have popped up throughout the week on the various threads such as the Wii U Discussion thread, 3DS Discussion Thread, MiiVerse Photo Thread, Roster Discussion Thread, character support threads as well as the Super Smash Bros, Wii U/3DS Backroom thus linking them altogether. In addition, I will also be adding up any information that Sakurai has revealed outside of the website/MiiVerse such as interviews and news articles.

I will open the thread on the weekend for people to talk about how the week went and comment on the articles. However, I will be closing the thread on Monday in order to prevent premature discussion about the weeks updates. I will be operating on Japanese Standard Time since both myself and Sakurai (OMG both of us in the same sentence?!?!?!) live on JST. View the JST Page in order to fully understand how time works.

Additionally, while this thread will focus on solely the Pic of the Day, I will sometimes allow pieces to be written about Smashboards, the Smash Community, MiiVerse, or Sakurai information. Additionally, once we have more information regarding the nature of the character, I will allow a user to write up an in-depth analysis of a character, veteran or newcomer. So come show your stuff!

Why is this thread needed?

We do have various discussion threads pertaining to various aspects of Smash. However, this is less of a discussion thread and more like a newsletter. I intend to present the facts and portray an unbiased review of the week. It will also serve as a hub to collect information, pictures, and articles that have been released in a weekly format thus allowing users to review the past weeks for better understanding how to predict future updates or to comb through information in an effective manner. It will also serve as a place to users to present their information, opinions, and observations in a semi-academical format. More information is listed below. If you see an interesting, funny, thought-provoking, or ridiculous post either on the SWF or on MiiVerse, PM me about it and I will include it! If you want me to remove you from a certain Tag, PM me and I will take you off.

Also, I wanted to use this space to allow users to be creative and constructive in speculating Smash in a more journalistic manner. I will not edit any posts except if they are inappropriate, bypass the censor, hateful in nature, or irrelevant.

How can I help?

You can contribute to this thread in many ways.
1) You can serve as a guest writer. This is done by contacting me via PM and apply to be a guest writer for the current week. I am able to allow or refuse the guest writer based on past credentials and reputation within the Smash 4 community so please keep that in mind.

After approval, I can either give you a piece to write OR you can choose one yourself. It should be focused on a particular Pic of the Day. Please promptly let me know which one you intend to. If I do not hear from you within a day, I will not accept an article. The article itself should be professionally written with little to no grammar or spelling mistakes. Any sources should be cited with a link to direct readers. While I understand some updates may be hard to write for, please write at least two paragraphs for each update. Unless it is an update of Luigi's nose but I am sure someone can find some Freudian psycho-analysis about that update. Please refer to the first edition post about how to write an article (though I am pretty sure many journalist/lit majors can do a much better job than I can lol).

2) You can help me gather posts that are excellent or at least interesting in nature. PM me any posts concerning a particular update and I will then add it to the articles. I frequent the above mentioned threads on a daily basis but I obviously miss things so I am heavily dependent on everyone getting me those great and thought-provoking posts. I want this thread to showcase what the brilliant minds in the Smash 4 community can do!

3) While you can discuss past and future weeks, please refrain from dissecting or analyzing the previous/future weeks and save that for the current week.

4) Could someone be a dear and make a banner for this thread. It's not urgent but a banner would be grand.[/collapse]

Table of Contents

1.1 Day #1: Imagine the Chaingrabs...
2.1 Day #2: Tether Recvoery Expanded!
3.1 E3 2014: Super Smash Bros. Invintational and Super Smash Bros. SmashFest @ Best Buy
3.1 Day #3: Raccoon Coslay
4.1 Day #4: You're making me Orney
5.1 Day #5:
6.1 Week Overview
7.1 Week in Review Interview: @BKupa666
8.1 We Want YOU to Vote! Results

Imagine the Chaingrabs….
Day #1: 4.28.2014
Writer: BigAxle

Today’s image brought us another Smash Bros Direct info tidbit, with speculation yet again confirmed, reaffirming that Midna is an Assist Trophy, designed to help the fighters as a non-playable character. However, this image does bring a small new detail, although one speculated; Midna will be an Assist Trophy who appears in both versions.

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. The Assist Trophy, Midna! This is the 3DS version. She's going to grab and throw things all over the place. Her uncontrollable, whimsical nature remains intact.
Midna is a character from the Legend of Zelda series, first appearing in Twilight Princess. It’s rather fitting, seeing as how Zelda and Link have their Twilight Princess designs. First appearing in the Smash Bros Direct during the Assist Trophy section, she was among those who were disconfirmed in the great assault. However, this isher first time appearing in the 3DS version. For those unfamiliar with Midna, here’s a quick synopsis on her.

Midna, the Twilight Princess, is a main character in Twilight Princess. She is a resident of the Twilight Realm and a descendant of the ancient Twili people. At first she seems to be a strange, dark creature with an agenda of her own and little regard for Link, but she ends up changing her attitude towards those who are willing to help her.
Source: http://zeldawiki.org/Midna

In this game, it appears that Midna will constantly appear in her imp-like form, and will move around to grab opponents. And that being said, she has a ridiculous reach with that arm, much larger than many characters. It appears that this throw will launch not only in the standard arc we have seen so far, but in a variety of directions, representing her uncontrollable nature, as Sakurai notes it. This continues the trends of revealing the information shown by the Smash Bros Direct, but only revealing slightly more details here and there.

Midna is one of the characters that will be appearing on both versions of the game. An earlier picture of the day noted that not all Pokeballs, items and Assist Trophies will appear in both versions. Midna is among those who have been shown to appear in both versions, as revealed today.

As with all models, Midna has an HD look in the Wii U version.

Here’s a sample of some of the user reactions and comments to this Picture of the Day:

By the way, I wonder how many tears would have been shed if this POTD was shown before the direct. I'm pretty sure not many expected her, but many probably did want her.
@FalKoopa

Huh. So, I guess this means we won’t see her 'human' form?
@Pega-pony Princess

Though, it's perplexing that she doesn't use that Fused Shadow transformation, just like it's odd that Skull Kid doesn't bring the moon a-crashin' down.
@Wanderer from Roseyard

I didn't say this brought a ton of new details.:p But obvious or not, it Did confirm her for the 3DS. And it was possible what she did in the Direct was just 'slashing' characters. Only one frame showed Kirby that looked to be in her hand, and not just being clawed at. So there's that.

I just meant that people are already getting very impatient and greedy even. :/ We just had a massive Direct and info dumb, and E3 is slightly over a month away. It's very likely there won't be any major news until then.

I'd love to see something big, of course. I do expect One veteran to maintain hype Before the Direct. Probably Wario, or MetaKnight.
@MasterofMonster

Things Confirmed for Monday:
1. Midna will appear on the 3DS version as an Assist Trophy in addition to the Wii U version.
2. Midna will grab characters and throw them in a variety of directions.

Tether Recovery Expanded
04/29/2014

Day #2: Tuesday
Writer: Venus of the Desert Bloom

Tether recovery makes its expected return with Samus and Link demonstrating their tether recovers/ However, according to Sakurai:

"Pic of the day. Tether recovery? Yes, you can! And from even longer range than before. Multiple fighters can latch on--who actually grabs hold is determined by the same rules as the standard ledge grab."
It appears that the ability to tether grab is much more enhanced; with it being farther and multiple persons able to tether grab the same lege though however actually grabs hold of it after tether grabbing is the same as any other ledge grab.

For a refresher, here is what a tether recovery is:

If there is an open edge when it is used, the tether will automatically connect to it. Pressing the standard attack button after grappling an edge will pull the player towards it.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/tether_recovery

Here is a list of characters who can tether recover in SSBB:

I don't think it's impossible to say Zero Suit Samus and Toon Link will also be able to. Depending on Ivysaur's fate, he to may be able to tether recover if he returns. The same goes for Lucas as well. However, seeing how Olimar now longer has his Up B attack not to mention the amount of of Pikmin he can have has been decreased to three, he may not be able to tether recover.

Sakurai mentioned before that, while the tether recovery is now changed, the standard ledge grab follows the standard rules. Here is a refresher of ledge grabbing

An edge is any part of a stage from which one can grab or tether (not to be confused with a wall grapple). Edges are often found at the ends of a stage's main platform.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ledge

While not exactly certain what will happen when two characters attempt to pull themselves up, this will drastically change the concept of edge-hogging....

http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/6/6c/Edge_Hog.png/300px-Edge_Hog.png[/quote]

...since it was impossible to tether recover while someone is grabbing onto the ledge. Now in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, this allows a character to still tether recover but potentially unable to bring themselves up. This should lead to some interesting strategies and mind games once the game comes out.

Here is what some fans thought about this new change:

Longer range for tethers and multiple characters being able to grab without getting edge hogged? Hellz yeah!
@Ruu Myuutsu

I preferred the system in Brawl. Nothing was more satisfying than edgehoging someone with only your Zair.
@Dan (Twinkie)

does this mean that their standard grab-attack range also expands?
@Wasp

Sakurai actually mentioned in an older pic of the day that you could trump other people's ledge grabs in some way. I wonder if the characters who can tether grab could possibly be deadlier opponents now on ledges due to the changes he has made.

Pic of the day. Jan 22, 2014:

http://alphazealot.smashboards.com/Daily/jan-22-2014.jpg
"Pic of the day. There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab.

Some other changes include:

-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.

-Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage."

From what I have read so far I'm really digging the changes he is making to the ledge tech and recovery options but I won't be able to tell for sure until I see actual gameplay. What do you guys think
@Bombukelp

Too bad Olimar's recovery changed. Now he is going to miss out on this cool updated feature.

Olimar: Sakurai, why you tease me?

Sakurai: :troll:
@ChickenWing13

I think this PotD presents an interesting scenario where two opponents tether for the same ledge. Judging from how the new ledge mechanics work, the character who grabs the ledge second will trump the ledge grab. I can imagine both players trying to stall in the air before grabbing the ledge, which I think can lead to interesting strategies.

Theorycrafting aside, I'm just glad there's a Link buff.
@Noble Clamtasm

However, another exciting bit of news appeared as well on Tuesday....

Things confirmed for Tuesday:

1. Tether recoveries have a longer reach
2. Two or more can grab onto the same ledge
3. Pulling up onto the stage will still follow standard ledge grabbing rules

E# 2014: Nintendo Invitational and Super Smash Bros. Smash Fest @ Best Buy
04/29/2014

Day #2: Tuesday

Smash fans went literally ballistic on Tuesday morning when Nintendo announced their plans at E3. Last year, Nintendo showcased their games and wares via a Direct which was mostly well-received among fans. Nintendo brought news through an entertaining and creative video. Check it out if you haven't already:

Nintendo this year seems to be pulling out all of the stops at E3 with the following:

Super Smash Bros. Invitational

2014 will see the arrival of not one, but two new Super Smash Bros. games: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. To commemorate this occasion, Nintendo is inviting 16 highly skilled Super Smash Bros. players to the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles to compete in a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament. Thousands of fans in the audience and countless more watching a live stream online will see new Super Smash Bros. characters clash with existing favorites in action for the first time. More important than declaring a winner, however, this event is a celebration of all things Super Smash Bros., and a great way for new and veteran fans to take part in a tribute to this legendary franchise. More information about the 16 invited participants in the tournament, the identity of the announcers, and how fans of the franchise can view the tournament in person and via webcast, will be communicated shortly.
Nintendo Digital Event

Every year, Nintendo looks for the best way to show its games and share its news with fans, media and other key audiences. In 2013, Nintendo decided to forgo a traditional press conference and use a video – in that case a Nintendo Direct – to share its news from E3. The company is building on that approach at E3 2014 with the "Nintendo Digital Event," a new kind of video program that will reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond. The Nintendo Digital Event will air at 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 10.
Nintendo Treehouse: Live@ E3

This year, Nintendo will offer fans a deeper look at Nintendo's biggest games of E3, with information directly from the source. The "Treehouse," the Product Development department at Nintendo of America, will provide in-depth game demos live and unscripted from Nintendo's booth. This new program will be live streamed during all hours of the E3 show. Fans can get settled in, open their browsers and experience the Nintendo games at E3 like never before.
Super Smash Bros. Smash Fest @ Best Buy

In 2013, Nintendo broke new ground by expanding its E3 activities outside of the walls of the Los Angeles Convention Center and letting fans play some of the games being played on the show floor at participating Best Buy stores. The partnership between Nintendo and Best Buy continues in 2014 and will mark the first time around the world that fans have had the opportunity to get their hands on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
In years past Nintendo allowed E3 attendees to try out their wares by playing demos that were presented on the Nintendo floor. This left many of those who were unable to attend thirsting for knowledge of any kind. Now, with this Super Smash Bros. Smash Fest @ Best Buy, this will bring E3 to the nearest Best Buy.

It is best to see if your Best Buy will actually be hosting a local tournament so I would suggest calling in advance to see if they are hosting one. If they are not hosting a Super Smash Bros. event, then I would suggest asking for a store nearby that is.

This event is going to be very important for any Smash fan as it will allow fans to both watch and experience the new installment directly. In addition, Nintendo seems aware of several things:

1) Brawl was received poorly among the competitive players. With several options added intot he game as of late and also inviting the top Smash players to test out the game live at E3 is ending a huge message to both competitive and casual players that Nintendo is serious about making this game tailored to fans. However, this could also potentially hurt Nintendo has negative responses to the game during both the demo and the Invitational could potentially hurt sales. It is a 50/50 situation and a potentially risky move.

2) They know that Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be a huge selling point for the system and is expanding the games activities. Nintendo seems to be putting out an extra effort in maximizing the games publicity as making the game a huge focal point of their marketing strategy. Never before has a Super Smash Bros. game received this amount of attention and involvement from Nintendo.

3) Nintendo understands the video game market and Nintendo's position within it which has been slacking in recent years. They also understand the Wii U is selling very poorly while the 3DS is doing great. Always seeking for innovative ways to market their products; they are trying something pretty revolutionary by allowing not only E3 attendees to try out the games but practically every Smash fan within North America.

Here is how fans are responding to this news:

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.
@Xiivi

Regardless of what rules they will have, this is amazing. Can't wait to see who gets invited. But more importantly, can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for their Digital Event. (still crossing fingers for a new F-Zero game)

Also, winner of the invitational plays a best of 5 with Fils-A-Mech for extra prizes.
@Iguana

I just hope they choose actual players (like those on the list) and not a pre-determined roster of actors posing as pro players (*AHEM* More than half the contestants of The Tester).
@OptimisticNic

This is super hype. Especially the fact that we'll be getting a demo soon.
@SmashShadow

OH MY GOSH I SAW THIS ON POLYGON AND RUSHED HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
@MonK4

This is so awesome!
@SchAlternate

I really hope the Best Buy event has more than one Wii U to play Smash on. It was ridiculous to wait more than 3 hours in line to play two minutes of Mario Kart 8 last year (but it was worth it)
Luigifan141

MEW2KING VS SAKURAI GRAND FINALS WHAT????
@DrMcNugget

Gods, I remember pioneering an awful lot in the beginning of Brawl's lifespan (though I suppose I might be a bit of a footnote now), like the importance of SDI, combo potential of sourspots, and pushing a lot of characters to their limit. So much research...I plan to stick it to all of you come release date, but I wish I had that opportunity on center stage here, too.

Either way, this is a really great thing. Whoever is there, please represent the community in a positive way. It's a huge opportunity that absolutely shouldn't be squandered.
@TheReflexWonder

Nintendo could very well be seeding a pool of potential players who fit competitive criteria right now, which would give 2 months in advance for planning and for the players to adapt to the new game and any new controller styles.

I'd be shocked (and probably stop watching) if at least one player AlphaZealot's the suggested list doesn't get in. Nintendo wouldn't do an event like this if they haven't been watching the fans and the community all this time. This stuff is fanservice of the purest degree.

Also, if the Smash Bros. Invitational and Smash-Fest @ BestBuy (MA players represent!) are on the same day, I'll likely find a way to record the former somehow. Hopefully there's some painless effort of archiving it on Twitch or something.
@Captain Hotcakes

his is an excellent marketing strategy by Nintendo and a great chance to try out the new smash game. It's going to sell like hotcakes at this rate with all the hype going to be built up from demos in the summer and the E3 event.

I personally will be living at Best Buy starting in June.
@Soup

The players will be probably using 100% pro-controllers to push the sales of them for the game. I would pretend like I'm going to compete and then just run to the other side of the map and start testing wave dashing and L cancelling. The REAL important factors of the game lol.
Smashbroskilla

As to who these 16 invitees are is unsure but @AlphaZealot composed a list of potential candidates:

• Mew2King - One of the best at Brawl and Melee
  • Isai - Best at Smash 64
  • PPMD - Apex Champion
  • Mango - EVO Champion
  • Gnes - MLG 2010 Champion for Brawl
  • Ally - Best Brawl players for several years
  • PC Chris - MLG 2006 Champion for Melee
  • KoreanDJ - MLG 2006 Runner up and winner of the 2008 Best Buy launch tournament (Crystal Wii)
  • Ken - Undisputed Worlds best Melee player from 2004-2006 and Survivor star
  • Chu Dat - One of the best Melee and Brawl players, also made it to Top 8 of the Brawl GameStop launch event
  • Azen - One of the best overall gamers alive and one of the best veteran Melee players
  • Hungrybox - One of the big 5 Melee players and sponsored by Curse
  • Lee Martin - Top Brawl player and winner of the 2008 GameStop Launch tournament
  • Nairo - Apex Champion and arguably the best Brawl player at current
  • ADHD - One of the best Brawl players
  • DEHF - One of the best Brawl and rising Melee players, Apex Champion
*List compiled by AlphaZealot
http://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-invitational-announced-who-gets-an-invite.353892/

Many had different thoughts on whose 16 should be. Some preferred only pro players. Others preferred non-competitive or casual players. Others preferred a mixture. And some I imagine are checking their inboxes everyday until June to see if Nintendo sends them an invite.

i don't give **** about those "awesome" players... i'd rather see that there's new content in this demo available for the invited players to play with so we get to see more new stuff. I'd rather see that instead of fox and marth-matches all the time. If the invitings would go to people who play with glitches and so called "advanced techniques" then so be it, but I'd gave others a chance rather than these guys who know the games too good... they don't need to be convinced still.

Please let the invitations go to smashfans who play at regular base. It would be best for everyone i think.
@Wasp

obviously none of us, but the nintendo fanboys who have competitive traits
and I expect huge dissappointment from the play quality frmo them

I also expect cops to be at every best buy or large sums of people getting kicked out for being too roudy at the demo stations
@tbtechwiz

I am very curious just who they choose, with as little about competitive smash as nintendo knows, i have to wonder just which players they do actually know about.
link2702

And the nintendo releases the invitations to 16 people we've never heard of...
@KidKrimzon

But good luck to those who receive the invites. Be grateful.

Though, I do wish the invites were open to everyone and not just "pros". Guess Nintendo wants a great show. And I think with this game, everyone is going to be on just about even playing field with the new mechanics and different controller.
@Mang@Tortle

If these are the names that Nintendo chooses, it will be huge for their relationship with the competitive Smash community.
@Tselel (5805)

Regardless what you think, this amount of attention on one game shows that Nintendo is extremely invested in the success of the game. This success coild potentially boost Wii U sales which is already in decline.

In addition, this marketing move by Nintendo appears to be an effort to reach out to both competitive and casual players alike. E3 can't come soon enough.

Raccoon Cosplay!
04/30/2014
Day #3: Wednesday

Sakurai said:
"Pic of the day. With the Super Leaf, any fighter can have ears and a tail. You can also float in the air by pressing the jump button. We're still figuring out whether you'll be able to attack with the tail..."
An item that was not featured in the Direct but was featured in the Promotional Pictures that was discovered shortly after the Direct graces the PotD; giving some insight to what it possible does.

In the Super Mario Bros. series, the Super Leaf is a power-up item that changed the player into a Raccoon version of themselves.

A Super Leaf is one of the many power-up items in the Mario series. Super Leaves originated in the game Super Mario Bros. 3, where they turn Mario into Raccoon Mario. As such, Mario or Luigi will grow raccoon ears and a raccoon tail. This tail has many functions. A move of the Super Leaf is using the tail the Bros. get to spin nearby enemies by pressing the B/X/Y Button. Second, if Mario or Luigi is in the air, he can descend slowly by wagging the tail. Third, Mario and Luigi can use the tail to hit a ? Block/Brick Block to make the item pop out or break the Brick Block.
While unconfirmed if the tail will be able to attack other players, Sakurai did confirm that it will allow players to float momentarily. It is unknown how this will impact multiple jump characters such as Meta Knight and Pit nor characters such as Peach that can already float.

Judging from this picture, each character will receive a pair of Raccoon Ears and a tail after obtaining the leaf. This could lead to some potentially humorous situations such as:

Here are what some users had to say about it:

This is pretty cool. I look forward to floating around all over the place.

Just want to point out though, this isn't the Tanooki powerup, it's the Racoon.
@Rasgar

Makes me wonder how it would work out by other characters such as Game & Watch, Pikachu, Fox and so on...
@O'kaz A1

I wonder if Charizard's raccoon tail will be on fire.
@Mr Lange

I'm really interested to see how this works on the animal characters who already have tails.

Also a little bit of a wasted opportunity; Luigi's doesn't let him have a Kitsune tail and ears. Dang.
@YoshiandToad

@Toonooki Link.

I'm just gonna wait to see Ganondorf with this on while doing his diabolical laugh.
"MWAHAHAHAHA!!! I'M SO ADORABLE!!!!!"
@Mega Bidoof

This was one of my favorite powerups as a kid. I am so jealous of them; I still want a raccoon tail that can fly lol.

Wonder if the sound fx and puff of smoke will be there? Will it trigger on pickup like the Metal Box, or by touch like Mushrooms and Starmen?
@Time/Space Mage

D'awww! Look at Toon Link. x3 PETA is going to be all over this one. I want to see Ness with this. I especially want to see Captain Falcon with this item on. xD
@Uffe

Things Confirmed for Wednesday:
1. Super Leaf confirmed as an item
2. It will add ears and a tail to the character
3. They can float in the air
4. Unknown if it can attack

You're Making me Orney
5/01/14
Day #4: Thursday

Writer: TumblrFamous

Well, it's the first day of May, and what do we get? Boo filler pics, yay new info! Yes, we get a sneak peak of an enemy most KI fans know as an Orne, a ruthless enemy in Kid Icarus: Uprising, known to be very menacing and very dangerous foes. They are known to be an insta-kill in Uprising.Here's what our dear Director had to say:

Pic of the day. The menacing foe, Orne! It inflicts devastating damage--it's even more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera in the last game. RUNNN!!
Wow, so much Kid Icarus stuff. We already have two stages, two trophies, new moves for Pit, and an onslaught of items and Smash Run enemies. Can there possibly be any more KI stuff included? (Palutena)

Orne Art in KI Uprising

The main speculation was whether or not the Orne is an Assist Trophy or a Smash Run enemy, or even possibly a stage hazard in the Reset Bomb Forest. However, most Smash fans came to the conclusion that he is most likely a Smash Run enemy. Speaking of Smash Fans, let's see what they all have to say about this showcase!

An AT or part of Smash Run maybe?
@chronomantic

Probably not a Boss, as I expect it to be immortal, as Always (almost Always), so it's probably something like the Ultimare Chimera. A veeery dangerous Hazard~

I hope it's theme will start once it shows up, hehe.
@MasterofMonster

So, that's in. Nice to know it'll scare me in another game. If one game wasn't bad enough.
Though in this case, I really doubt that Sakurai would make it instant-kill. It's most likely gonna be high damage or high knockback.
@MisterVideoGaming

Now, what's so interesting about this update? For some, it may go right over their heads. The "Ultimate Chimera" is an Earthbound enemy, and as most of you recall, was a stage hazard on the New Pork City stage in Brawl. And I'm pretty sure we all know how evil that enemy was...

...Ew.

So here we have our first official Earthbound reference on the site. What could this mean? Will we be seeing Ness or Lucas soon? After all, we did at least know that some form of Earthbound representation will be in the game, thanks to the Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn confirmations. So where's our psychic duo? Smashers on the Miiverse Thread enjoyed speculation other forms of Earthbound representation, from enemies to stages to new items. And of course, when we'll see Ness and Lucas.

Things Confirmed For Thursday

1. The Orne is confirmed to be in the game to an unknown extent.
2. The Mother franchise has now been officially referenced.

Rollin' into Smash!
05/02/2014
Day #5: Friday

Dillon, the star of the game franchise, Dillon's Rolling Western rolls into Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS as a new assist trophy. Within the game, he is notable for being able to run and roll fast to defeat enemies, solve puzzles, and travel. Dillon's Rolling Western is notable for it being a successful Nintendo 3DS downloadable game as well as as for its humor and ties with spaghetti westerns.

Sakurai had this to say about Dillon:

"Pic of the day. We didn't introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling."
Additionally, he added a second picture which included his trophy found in the Wii U version and this quote:

"Pic of the day. This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there's no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge."
While unconfirmed what the character does when summoned, Sakurai kept on mentioning how he rolls which may be a clear indication that he will roll with his attacks. The second quote suggests he may doing a powerful, fast charge attack as well. He also mentions that Dillon's rolling powers may be on par with Sonic. I imagine that while Sonic has the speed, he has the power.

Within his game, he performs Rolling Attacks which the power is dependent on the kind of Boots he wears. While I doubt this will come into play as his Assist Trophy, it is something to keep noted.
http://dillonsrollingwestern.wikia.com/wiki/Rolling_Attack

Dillon's Rolling Attack in game

Dillon is also capable of delivering a charge attack during his roll which produces a shockwave of sorts. This could be potentially what Sakurai was hinting at in his second quote.
http://dillonsrollingwestern.wikia.com/wiki/Charge_Attack

Dillon is also capable of performing a Drift Attack, a Tunneling Attack, and a Claw Attack. While unconfirmed, it may be possible that Dillon could use these attacks as well.

As with any Assist Trophy or Pokemon update, this means that Dillon as a playable character is deconfirmed. Supporters of Dillon may be sad about him not being included in the roster but he is still within the game. Plus, his HD model looks absolutely gorgeous. There are high hopes that his inclusion may spark another installment on the 3DS or potentially a Wii U release.​

Well there just went a lot of people's hopes and dreams.
@Chris Baker

Is it wrong that I want him as a character now?
@Cap'nChreest

Any idea what he might do? Charge up then slam opponents out, grind on them to cause massive amounts of damage, or both?
@The Drilling Juggernaut

He was someone who I didn't care about at first; but over time I really liked the idea of him in smash and began to secretly hope for him as well.
@Xiivi

Meh, I would prefer a playable Dillon over WFT or Greninja, still cool to see him in the game.

.n_n.
@Zhadgon

I really wanted Dillon. Nintendo should acknowledge the e-shop somehow, and he really fit. I'm still hoping though... he's so badass, and I'd love a Dillon stage.
@Radical Beam

I feel a lot more irritated by this announcement then other people out there.

This is like the 4th character I wanted that was shot down.
@Xenoblaze

His playable chances were slim, so an assist trophy appearance is still pretty good.

He's looking sharp.
@Arteen

At least the model is top notch.
@SmashShadow

Things confirmed for Friday

1. Dillon is an Assist Trophy
2. He uses a rolling attack and a charge attack.
3. He has a trophy.

Overview
This week was much like the others with sporadic new information here and there. Monday focused on Midna and her appearance as an Assist Trophy. Tuesday was some new information with the tether recovery making a return and receiving a boost. Wednesday showed us the Super Leaf and how it transforms players into Raccoon (only the ears and tail mind you). Thursday was a new enemy potentially in Smash Run. It is the Orne and is capable of delivering high amounts of damage to players. Finally, Friday was the reveal of Dillon as a new Assist Trophy. He is able to perform rolling attacks as well as a supposed charge attack. Overall, this was a week with some new information sprinkled with updates from the Direct.

Oh but there is more! Wednesday also unveiled that Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS will receive a lot of attention at E3 with the Super Smash Bros. Invitational and the Super Smash Bros. SmashFest @ Best Buy. The Invitational is a tournament at E3 that will invite 16 notable players to try out and compete live with the new game. The SmashFest brings E3 to your home town's Best Buy. It will allow Best Buys to set up their own tournaments and allow local players to try out the game. Overall, a great week for new information in terms of E3 and fans are looking forward to seeing more of it.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Week in Review: Interview of the Week

@BKupa666

Unless you are either completely blind or just live under a rock, you may know BKupa666 from his love and devotion to the main villain of the Donkey Kong franchise, King K. Rool. BKupa666 is one of the more vocal supporters of the schizophrenic, banana-stealing lizard king and heads up the support thread: K. Rool's Kremling Kuthroats support thread. When not proving how K. Rool will make his playable appearance, BKupa666 can be found in the Official Character Discussion thread and was active in the now-defunct Rumors and Leak Thread. He is also one of the recently appointed moderators earlier this year. So I hope you enjoy this interview!

1) How long have you been a member on Smashboards and why did you join? When did you become a moderator?
I have been a member on Smashboards since August of 2008, after Brawl's release. I lurked for maybe the latter half of the pre-Brawl speculation scene, then finally joined so as to participate in Make Your Move's third contest. Later on, I began speculating more often in the SSB4 prediction thread, which was largely off-topic stupidity, but which became better once it received its own sub-forum. My continued involvement with the speculation scene, namely in the character discussion threads and the leak thread (before it went down the toilet) resulted in me being rewarded with moderator status this past February.
2) What is your favorite part of Smashboards? What is your least favorite part?
My favorite part of Smashboards is how it attracts so many great fan minds and pools them together in one mass of creativity. This drew me to the Make Your Move thread initially, where I participated for five years and ten contests (planning on rejoining this contest as well). With regard to the SSB4 threads, I mainly enjoy chatting with people who share my interest in the Smash series, considering there are barely any of those in my offline life (beyond a casual level at least). I get to practice my writing and argumentative skills as well, which is certainly enjoyable. At times, it may feel as though there's some artificial barrier between real life and online Smash fans, but the fact that there are so many Smash fans on here in similar life situations to myself shows that the opposite is true; it all comes together to create a sense of community I quite enjoy.

My least favorite part of Smashboards is that, at times, I feel isolated with regard to my stance on sharing opinions on the game. I love the franchise, but loving the franchise, to me, doesn't equate to mindlessly praising every single addition to the game, regardless of merit; I'll criticize a game decision I deem questionable just as easily as I'll praise one I deem excellent. I'm a perfectionist, so even if Sakurai makes 100 great decisions and 1 bad one, I'm not going to ignore the bad one, just because the ratio of good-to-bad decisions is slanted the other direction. At times, the fanbase approaches the game in ways that I don't condone, criticizing anyone who levels criticism about parts of the game (mainly the roster) as "entitled" rather than responding rationally. I understand and respect disagreement, but the least users can do is to listen, even respond, rather than call names.
3) Will you be getting Super Smash Bros. for Wii U or 3DS?
It's completely up in the air for me at this point. I'm unusual as a gamer in that I purchase very few new games, due to being a combination of particular and frugal, but the games I do buy, I never stop playing. I've yet to get bored of Melee and Brawl, and I'm even still replaying games like Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion out of sheer enjoyment. If K. Rool or Ridley gets revealed as a newcomer, I will instantly pick up SSB4, since I've waited for those characters for a long, long time now, but otherwise, I'll probably just stick to playing the game at the houses of my friends and cousin. A slight caveat to this: my Wii is currently broken, and I believe it is because the disc drive needs cleaning. If I'm wrong and it's some deeper problem that would require a lengthy or expensive fix, I may just get a Wii U so I can play my Wii games again, along with SSB4 and Tropical Freeze.
4) Who are your Mains in 64/Melee/Brawl? Who do you plan to main in Smash 4?
I main Bowser and DK in both Melee and Brawl (and DK in 64, from what little I've played of it), and I play all heavyweights almost exclusively. When I'm playing Smash, I take on a strategic high-risk, high-reward mentality, and the slow, yet devastating blows of the heavies complement this approach perfectly, even though their viability pales somewhat in comparison to the many, many lightweights in the series. At this point, none of the SSB4 newcomers interest me playstyle wise (or, aside from maybe Little Mac, much in general), so I'd be stuck with Bowser and DK yet again for mains until a new heavyweight potentially gets revealed.
5) Who is your most wanted newcomer for Smash 4? More than one answer is ok.
K. Rool has been my most wanted character for SSB4 ever since Diddy was revealed for Brawl back in August of 2007. I have great attachment to the character, given that my first exposure to gaming was watching my cousin play his final boss fight in DKC for the SNES, Christmas of 1999. I've also been replaying the DKC GBA ports obsessively since Winter of 2003, as well as rewatching episodes of the DKC cartoon during my high school years, and designing 5 movesets for the character in Make Your Move. Helping to maintain the Kutthroat thread has also solidified the character in my mind as the single most interesting newcomer that could be added into the game.

Although non-DKC fans may consider the character to be bland or a crocodilian Bowser, I believe he's actually one of, if not the most interest villain in Nintendo's arsenal. His goals start off simplistic, then grow increasingly more complex in later games, as he descends into madness along the way, bringing out new costumes and weapons in each new fight. I'd instantly main the character if he appeared, which, based on what we know at the moment, I'm cautiously optimistic about. Keeping my fingers crossed up until release that this childhood dream of mine will soon become reality.

I also would greatly enjoy seeing Ridley in the game. I've never touched a Metroid game, but I'd fall over myself to play as the menacing purple harbinger of death nevertheless. I'm quite disappointed that Sakurai looks to have demoted him to the role of lackadaisical purple punching bag yet again, although hopefully, Project M will rectify this problem by adding him into their game instead of, say, Shadow or Lyn.
6) What stages would you like to see included in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS? Past stages included?
I want to see more villain-based stages, as well as stages that are likely to feature excellent music. I'd love to see Gangplank Galleon accompany K. Rool into the game, but Bowser's Castle is far and away the most long-overdue stage not yet present in Smash. With regard to music, I'm quite happy to see Mario Galaxy make its debut. Regardless of what the DKC stage is, I'm hoping its music is top-notch in the wake of Retro's two new titles, and the days of multiple remixes of the oh-so-cliche "DK Island Swing" are long gone.
7) What would you like to see improved or expanded from Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
First and foremost, I want the roster rounded out with the characters masses of fans have wanted in the game for years and years. I recognize that just going down the list of popular requests and plopping them into the game isn't the way to go, but I also believe that, once a character reaches a certain level of support, it becomes rude to ignore them, as well as smugly presumptuous that the fans will consider the final roster 'perfect' regardless.

Beyond the roster, I'm not a major fan of single player modes, but if there's going to be a new adventure mode, I'd enjoy a more fleshed-out HD version of Melee's mode. Basically, take all of Smash Run's enemies, stick them in a series of new series-based levels beyond what Melee had to offer, add some bosses, and voila, you've got a fantastic new mode. So long as the mode is fun and varied, I wouldn't mind replaying it repeatedly to get new content.
8) What was your most favorite Smash Bros. moment/memory?
My favorite moment in Smash history thus far was pulling up the DOJO to find Diddy Kong staring back out at me (the character, not the user). When I first pulled up Melee at a friend's house, I was shocked and saddened that DK's little buddy was nowhere in sight, so naturally, when he showed up years later for Brawl, it was an insta-buy moment for me.

Years later, I've now realized how key his appearance was for the DKC franchise; Nintendo had just deemed Diddy and the rest of Rare's cast "not fresh enough" and tried retconning them away with Jungle Beat, so his appearance in Smash solidified his place amongst Nintendo All-Stars for all time. I'd enjoy seeing a similar fate befall K. Rool this go around (that would become my new favorite moment should it happen).
9) Where did your username come from?
My username came from me wanting to abbreviate "Bowser Koopa," preferring to use an alternate spelling of "Koopa," as well as me losing the password to an original account, titled "BKupa66." The 66 was based off of Bowser's team number in Mario Strikers Charged, so I simply added a 6 onto that to create a new account. Little did I know the implications of what I had done, but it's funny to me now in retrospect.
10) What was your experiences with the Make Your Move like? Do you continue to make move sets? Which is your favorite one?
I joined the forums to participate in Make Your Move 3, which was were the contest gained an extraordinary amount of momentum compared to its first two iterations, where users largely just popped in and out, posting one-liner movesets with little to no thought. A community formed around the momentum of MYM3, resulting in more and more regulars dropping in to contribute. What's more, contributions become more elaborate rather than just "hey, look what I made in 30 minutes!" Users began striving more to piece together creative and in-character attacks that come together to form fascinating playstyles, or winning strategies. My competitive nature, as well as my desire to share my ideas and experience the shared ideas of others, made the community a perfect fit for me, and I still keep in touch with many of its members, who I consider friends, to this day.

My personal best movesets include Baron K. Roolenstein, who sets up electric barriers onstage and manipulates opponents' movement into them, and Pennywise the Dancing Clown, who uses fear tactics, illusions and invisibility to destroy foes' psyches, exemplify two of the many, many unique playstyles MYM has had to offer over the years. Although I have been inactive for the contest for quite some time now, I am currently planning to reenter it once my spring semester of college ends, and am quite looking forward to doing so. My creative juices are just waiting to flow.
11) What is your favorite type of pizza and why?
I've recently taken a liking to BBQ Chicken Pizza thanks to a local restaurant close to my dorm. I'll settle for pretty much any pizza, though, even though I'm not too fond of plain cheese or mushrooms.
12)Ninjas or pirates. Who would win in a battle?
It's the pirate's life for me. The close-knit nature of most pirate crews leads me to believe they would emerge victorious in battle against the more solitary ninjas, although what with having not studied this match-up all that closely, I could be wrong. Let's test out SSB4's K. Rool vs. Sheik match-up to find out for sure.

13) Please tell us one thing about yourself that we may not know?
I consider myself an athletic nerd and/or a nerdy athlete. I'm quite obsessed with book series such as Harry Potter and television series such as Survivor, and spend a significant amount of time online reading about and discussing both. However, I also can be found exercising six out of seven days of the week; I ran cross country and track all through high school, and have swam competitively since kindergarten. I currently also lift weights and complete ab exercises. It's a life goal of mine to become an iron man by completing the Iron Man Triathlon in a set period of time (twelve hours if I remember correctly), and as far as I care, it's never too early to get started training.

Thank you, BKupa666 for agreeing to the interview! Check back next week for a new edition of the Interview of the Week! It may be you!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We want YOU to Vote!
Author: Venus of the Desert Bloom

What Version will you get?

Last week, I polled the Week in Review readers on what version that plan on purchasing. The 3DS version will come out early in Summer 2014 and the Wii U version will come out later in Winter 2014 - allowing potentially 3-5 months to pass in between both systems. While the logic as to why the Wii U version will be released later is uncertain, this will obviously affect how players will choose which versions to buy (or both versions).

These are the results of the poll:

1. I will only get the Wii U version
    9 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. I will only get the 3DS version
    5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. I plan to get both versions
    78 vote(s)
    83.9%
  4. I don't plan on getting any of them
    1 vote(s)
    1.1%
An astounding 78 votes or 83.9% of the votes went towards "I plan to get both versions." While I had expecting that to get a lot of votes, I wasn't expecting that many. It was pretty shocking to see that. I think that shows that players are invested in both the 3DS and Wii U versions and that there is enough difference and variety (whether it be the different stages, trophies, or features), that will entice people to purchase both games. I feel this poll shows that, at least here on Smashboards, that consumers are more likely to pick up both versions. I happen to be in that camp.

Interestingly enough, the Wii U version got 2nd place with 9 votes or 9.7% of the total votes while the 3DS only got 5 votes. I expected the 3DS version to get more votes as the 3DS is more available to consumers and is selling quite good in contrast to the Wii U. If these numbers are correct, the Wii U version might be enough to get people to purchase the system.

In last place was "I don't plan on getting any of them" which I figured to be either A) someone who is not interested in either, 2) dislikes Smash 4 and prefers an earlier installment, or 3) is just messing around.

I feel this polled showed that, where WiR readers are concerned, they plan on purchasing both versions as opposed to the single version As well, it shows that consumers may be more inclined to purchase the Wii U just for Super Smash Bros for Wii U which would be a definite boost in the poor selling power of the system. Overall, it appears this was a good marketing choice for Nintendo.

We want YOU to Vote!

What sort of player would you like to see invited to the Invitational?

Earlier this week, Nintendo announced what they will be showing at this years E3. Both Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS will be taken to the forefront of the show and given quite the honor. There will be two events to demonstrate Super Smash Bros. 4.

The Super Smash Bros. Invitational

Super Smash Bros. Smash Fest

The Smashfest will consist of local tournaments at selected Best Buys and will allow non-E3 attendees to experience the game. Whether you plan or can to attend may be a future polling question. Instead, I want to focus which players you want to see invited to the Invitational. Nintendo will invite up to 16 players to participate in an E3 tournament. This has caused some discussion as to who these people will be and how will they be chosen? I want to ask fans who they think should be chosen and how they will be chosen.

1. Top Pro players (i.e. Mew2King, Mang0, Armada, etc)
2. Casual players (chosen randomly via application)
3. A mixture of professional and casual players (8 and 8)
4. Top Nintendo staff (Reggie, Iwata, Sakurai, etc)
5. Celebrities (actors, singers, personalities, or even gamer celebrities)
6. Chosen randomly from the crowd
7. Me!!!!
8. I don't really care. I don't plan to watch it.
9. Other

(Note: Option 7 will lead me to not count your vote lol)​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This was left on my WiR desk earlier this week and just labeled.....

"*laughs*"

Digging through its contents, I was amazed at the treasure trophy I have stumbled upon. I quickly translated a random entry into English and held onto it until today. Thus, I present to you, Smashboardians.....

Sakurai's Dairy

I was able to translate some more pages which were rich in content, stuff about his kitties, and laughing. Rich and succulent.

5/1/14: Dear Diary,

Just announced our E3 plans for Smash Bros. I can't believe we went through with the tournament idea, but with Iwata on my back 24/7 and countless players e-mailing me in bad Japanese (I hate that..), it seemed like a good idea to do. I know I'll regret it until my dieing day.

Iwata has also been prancing around talking endlessly about a "Quality of Life" appliance that he has an idea for. When I asked what it was, Iwata said he couldn't decide between a music player or a coffee maker. When I said it sounded a bit ill-advised, he yelled, "I can do whatever I want!". His personality has changed irrationally ever since he became the CEO of Nintendo. Stress will do that to people, but that still won't prevent me from removing any reference to ANY game he's worked on in Smash 4. Barring Kirby, of course.

I've considered several characters to put into the Best Buy demo for the Americans. Since they're all gluttons, and only like shooter games and violence, I'm defiantly putting King Dedede, Mega Man, and Little Mac. The rest are debatable.

While working with Bandai-Namco, I wonder, "What If I'd not said anything about putting Nintendo characters in the original Smash Bros?" I could just make my own original characters like instead of having legions of fans demanding a psychic clone cat, a precognitive laser-sword welding blond, and a purple space dragon who is 'Too Big'.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Misc Information/Requests
The WiR is a huge commitment for me. I typically spend anywhere from an hour to 5 hours of my day making sure the WiR is as good as it can be. But I do have a job that I constantly have to prepare and study for as long as taking online classes myself and studying Japanese to further my career. Not to mention I have a social life, a wife, and commitments that conflicts with the WiR.

Therefore, I depend A LOT on outside help. If you would like to help write a WiR, please contact me via Private Message and we can work out the details. If you have any idea or would like to contribute something different, I am open to ideas. For example, the veteran analysis was entirely @APC99’s idea. I could also use some help in finding quotes, watching threads, and proofreading. If you see some interesting posts that you think may help me in writing the WiR, simply quote it in a Private Message or quote/tag me in your post on that thread. That way, I am sure to read it and within its context.

Secondly, I want to open to three Requests I have for people. If you are interested in helping out, please put "____________ Submission" so I know what you are applying for.

Little Mac Newcomer Analysis

Are you planning on maining Mac? Was he one of your most wanted characters? Or are you interested in writing about him? I am looking for a capable writer to help cover the Little Mac analysis.

If you want to write up a analysis on Little Mac, hit me up on PM.

Potential Character Analysis: Ridley

Are you an avid supporter of Ridley! Show your knowledge of the space dragon by writing up an analysis of how Ridley would be incorporated into Smash! Everything from move sets, stats, game play, and more! Contact me for more details!

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A pretty exciting week, I'm impressed with the level of quality articles we're putting out. The WiR really has some great writers!

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
A good article. I voted Other on the poll because there was no "all of the above" option. I want pro players, casual, top Nintendo staff, celebrities, random people from the crowd and a lotto, and of course, I'd love to go, as well. Regardless, I plan on watching it no matter who is invited.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Eh.

I know who it really is
It is you.
Anyone can figure it out, the 'translator' is the one person who didn't write an article but is thanked in the beginning.

But trust us, It's 109.99999% legit.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547