• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The way-too-long-for-anybody-to-actually-read Ness Guide!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

well, GIF's would be amazing for the guide. if you havent noticed, i've updated 1st post with Simna's move data.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll put up the matchup's section now.

Edit: Put them up, I'll make them more detailed later, with a rating system and make the stategies a little easier to see and stuff.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Umm... I never promised anything, but I'll try.

>_> it seems I'll be making 3/8 of this guide...

BTW, this guide is coming along great!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The next characters I'm gonna work on are Marth and Ganondorf. Thank god it snowed today = no school for me!

arrowhead

Smash Ace
oh i just got an idea. for some of the PKT techniques, you could make a short vid (about 5 secs or so) of the technique being used and post it into the guide like people do with their signatures. the drawings are much better now and they do help, but videos would be more exact and the picturer don't really take into account ness' fall rate since they don't move. plus, it would add to the greatness of the guide haha. i don't know how much work it requirers though, but i assume it's a lot, so it may not be worth it.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I would, but I dont know how to do those things. :ohwell:
I cleared my posts Annoying. Even the frame data.

I am too much of a perfectionist. Remove the quote tags around the PKT guide. Oh yeah, one more thing. Where i put the Ness smiley, make that Fuzzy pickles. I made it fuzz pickles by accident. And in the desription, I have se instead of see. Can you fix that?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
thanks, EB360.

i would make lil vids, but all i have is a digital camera. and i dont have a Youtube account. yet.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Went to my first tournament today. I'll post what I found out on Peach (I fought Wife and Tim and eventually got good at not being 2 stocked by them!).

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Why, do you go there?
I don't know... maybe within this week (hopefully)...
If you want the guide, I'll send it, but as you mentioned, it would make the first page amazingly lengthy EDIT: ...even longer than it already is ^_^

I didn't know people disliked lengthy pages... i guess if you have dial-up it would take a while to load.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Good news guys, you know the hitboxes thingy we ned? Well, in melee discussion, I convinced a person who is makeing thingies ( I think they are frame by frame GIFs) to do Ness. He said He'll start tommorrow :cool:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Annoying, can you make some edits for me please?
I'm just a perfectionist.

Remove the quote tags around the guide I sent you.
Where the Ness smiley is, kae Fuzz Pickles Fuzzy Pickles.
Make se in the description see
In the history of PKT, in the SSB64 section, put "experience" before the phrase " almost no lag"

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll update my guide with findings
vs. Fox next time. Seems like everyone here in NoVa only uses him...

BTW: Earthbound360, you always complain there aren't any tourney's in your area but Maryland and Virginia are some of the biggest smash scenes in the country! Go to the tournament regions fourum or whatever its called and look it up. It would be cool to play another Ness sometime. Hova is in your area too...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
?
I didn't say there were no tournaments in my area. I said there's no one good to play in my area. When I say that, I just meant among my friends.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, I've wanted to contribute to this, but most anything I can think of to cover is on the first page.

The only thing I'd say is that I wouldn't put jiggly as 5 stars of difficulty. Granted, I haven't played the best jiggly's, but I'm not the best ness, so it's about even. There's a link in the puff metagame that weakens the chain, rest is just too tempting to most of them. If you watch and learn jiggly's air mobility speed, it becomes rather easy to lure them into trying it. "Hah, he's trying to PK Flash me, Jigglypuff? Well, I'll just rest him good!" Sadly, at the point where they've decided this, they should be just far enough away that you can release B, start holding the shoulder button, and watch them just barely rest a shield.

Again, I haven't fought the best Jiggly's, but they weren't slouches, and they are at least as good as me. There isn't a puff that hasn't gone for it at least once in 3 rounds. More often, I can get it once a match. Also, while you CAN yyg a sleeping puff, you can also full charge the bat. Personal preference there, though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
EDIT: i did all those liltle tiny insignificant yet tideous tasks you wanted me to do, EB360 ;)

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
im really liking this stuff boys...glad that you guys decided to make a good guide

and the hitbox stuff ^^^ is just awesome...lovin this place again...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok....i added some of _clinton's stats, and the hitbox system links.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay, but I don't feel like gathering a bunhof Ness vids as of now. I'll probably do it later. (man how much have I contributed already?)

BTW Annoying, you should title each post with the person who made made the guide. Y'know, to give some credit. Also, how about you remove your sig in the postss?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
okay to both.

EDIT: i made a video compodieummlumpum there, too.

EDIT2: could i trouble some of the people who post on the first page to either delete, shorten and/or remove their sigs/posts? the first page is long enough.

EDIT3: yes! now my sig only appears twice on the first page.

EDIT4: i took the liberty of not putting Simna vs. Zelgadis. *shudders*

EDIT5: if anyone has any vid they want on/removed from the list, just tell me.

EDIT6: i changed my avatar, EB360. HAPPY NOW!?!?

EDIT7: i'm editting a lot.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
You've got the videos on there now, but do you still want it in my post?
I'll edit my post when you answer.

*Stares at annoyings avatar (OKAY OYM -_-)*
lol yeah
Seriously, I never realy complained much. Peoplewho couldn't tell us aprt did :p

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
*Stares at Annoying's avatar*
lol. But now I have to adjust to the new one... saving memory...

-.-'

Annoying, I sent you the stuff. You know, the stuff :|

(=3 x)<3
(It's a dewgong)

Top Bottom