• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Way he Moves

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
I was watching some old demos recently and i noticed that Wario was moving very similar to Mr. Game and Watch in Melee, with the dodgy frame style walking.

Is he going to always move like this, or was he like that in the video because it was an old version of the game and he wasnt rendered properly yet.

if he does move this way, ill be a little bit annoyed.

how about you?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It doesn't bug me all too much, I'd rather this then him running with his man boobs flopping everywhere if in the overalls...=\

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
come on... Pichu is not that bad. i have a good Pichu. mine has a red bow. it like it is packaged for me. so cute! wow i am rabbling on. but.. yeah i think my last post is dead on

paralasalud

Smash Ace
I was watching some old demos recently and i noticed that Wario was moving very similar to Mr. Game and Watch in Melee, with the dodgy frame style walking.

Is he going to always move like this, or was he like that in the video because it was an old version of the game and he wasnt rendered properly yet.

if he does move this way, ill be a little bit annoyed.

how about you?
nah, i actually played G&W as a secondary for a while in melee.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
He just tiptoes, he isn't as frame like as he appears. The Dojo even mentioned ''an unpredictable form of martial arts'', he's not frame-y, he's weird.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I like it because it makes up for G&W not being in it.(If he doesn't return)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I think it's a spit in the face to Wario to move similar to a crappy character like Game&Watch, so I really hope he won't actually move like that in the final thing. I doubt he will though, but if he does, he'll go down on my scorelist, just like Game&Watch did in Melee.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I think it's a spit in the face to Wario to move similar to a crappy character like Game&Watch, so I really hope he won't actually move like that in the final thing. I doubt he will though, but if he does, he'll go down on my scorelist, just like Game&Watch did in Melee.
Spit in the face? are you stupid?

Thats he's ORIGINAL way of moving.

Please go play some of his games for the gameboy...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Hey, I didnt think G&W was crap, He was an awwesome character with an original moveset and walking style (at least to me)

And if he's not in, wario's walking style pays tribue to him.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
people these days... if a character does not look cool he is crap. how can you call mr G&W crap? Have you ever played as him? say that in the mr G&W forum.

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
people these days... if a character does not look cool he is crap. how can you call mr G&W crap? Have you ever played as him? say that in the mr G&W forum.

yeah honestly!
mr G&W is extremely good
i admit he's weird
and he's 2d?!.. thats okay tho
and he walks crooked, but he's still sweet

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
yeah honestly!
mr G&W is extremely good
i admit he's weird
and he's 2d?!.. thats okay tho
and he walks crooked, but he's still sweet
You make a really good point
even though G&W is 2D and walks crooked he's still awesome
He hits people with bacon and a turtle and books
slams them with chairs
jab's with key's
what can wario do fart??

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
[/QUOTE]let's just agree that they're equals
ok sounds good
but well have to wait and see which one is better when the game commes out becouse they will have improved G&W from Melee and Wario will be new and awkward

paralasalud

Smash Ace
so uhhh what is this? the "Wario is the new G&W" thread? :p
G&W walked the way he did because it'd be awkward if he bent his limbs, so he waddled all frame-like.
wario is just weird so he walks weird.

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
ok
i can live with that
wario = weird = walks weird
G&W = 2d = walks weird

and no its not the G&W thread
but there pretty much the same person
.. G&W is Wario's shadow

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Spit in the face? are you stupid?

Thats he's ORIGINAL way of moving.

Please go play some of his games for the gameboy...
I've played his Gameboy games, but that were SPRITES, which is why it was frame by frame in those games. In 3D games, he didn't walk like that, so he should not in Brawl either. Hopefully he'll just walk in a weird way, without the frame by frame stuff..

Hey, I didnt think G&W was crap, He was an awwesome character with an original moveset and walking style (at least to me)
I know G&W is original and all, but that doesn't make him any less annoying for me. His bleeps, attacks and frame by frame animations were fun in the beginning, but it turned annoying after a while.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
IMO, the jerky movement must be a tribute to WarioWare's randomness and Wario's platforming roots on the Game Boy...
I agree with you entirely. Its annoying me how people are relating his movements to G&W. G&W's movements were fitting and would be expected, Wario is plain erratic.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I've played his Gameboy games, but that were SPRITES, which is why it was frame by frame in those games. In 3D games, he didn't walk like that, so he should not in Brawl either. Hopefully he'll just walk in a weird way, without the frame by frame stuff..
Wario moves that way (its not frame by frame its more robotic like) because he's legs can't move forward right, he is to fat, so he moves all his lower body to walk

From a birds eye view:
Code:
Neutral               First Step          Second Step

|                         /                       \

I reapeat its not frame by frame its more wacky kinda way.

espio87

Smash Ace
I agree with you entirely. Its annoying me how people are relating his movements to G&W. G&W's movements were fitting and would be expected, Wario is plain erratic.
erratic! that's the best word to describe Wario in Brawl. most of his moves aren't expected and are weird like this one

and besides, which other character farts to attack?:laugh:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yeah, his farts are so disturbing they're actually funny. I can already hear everyone screaming ''Omg, he beat me with a fart! How lame is that?!'' :laugh:

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
He is supposed to be very awkward to fight, and this is good for him. Framy movements make him that much harder to read, beat to a move, and it may hide some of his lag on his moves..

We really need someone here who went to E4All to tell us if he moved that way in the video. I thought about Youtubing it, but I don't think he was playable.. was he?

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
He is supposed to be very awkward to fight, and this is good for him. Framy movements make him that much harder to read, beat to a move, and it may hide some of his lag on his moves..

We really need someone here who went to E4All to tell us if he moved that way in the video. I thought about Youtubing it, but I don't think he was playable.. was he?
he wasn't playable at e4all but he was at jump fiesta or whatever it was called

Top Bottom