• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the utilt

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Although there are times that using may work, I think there is almost always a better move. (Unless you are trying to unstale other moves)

I never use it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Juggling some of the bigger characters, maybe using it through certain platforms, Idk I don't use it as much as any of his other moves. It's not completely useless or anything but still probably not a staple in his gameplay.

Edit: Forgot you can combo with it after certain moves/setups so it definitely has potential.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
It's not terrible. It does less damage wise, but also less knockback wise, which can be good for setting up combos.

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
Perhaps this is not GaW's best move, but it definetly has potential.
I have managed to use this 3 or 4 times (against a human), after that the opponent is sent directly upward, ready for you to continue comboing ;) .
Also, it can be usefull in stages such as Battlefield, where there are 2 small platforms, and you can hit your opponent from below them (I think.. haven't tested tho..) Also, against big characters (Bowser, Dk) You can grab them, throw them down, and sometimes follow with 3 or 4 Utilts, and u can still continue hitting them after it. :laugh: Hope this helps.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly I still like the U-tilt, although it's admittedly less useful since the horizontal range is a bit decreased.

It's fast though, and it beats a ton of stuff above G&W. I'm not actually sure if the knockback on this attack is decreased though, because I've actually killed with it a few times. At around say 150% or so? Meh, could be worse. On the other hand I really can't remember killing with G&W's Utilt in Melee ever.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
good situational time for the utilt is to do a landing nair to utilt to nair DH nair and then upB to foward air.

thats the only time I really use it. try it out.

The9litch

Smash Apprentice
well i use it as a juggle on fast fallers at low percents to juggle...and also, on the big characters, D-throw to U-Tilt works

Top Bottom