• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The (Unofficial) Smashboards 64 Section Awards - 2009

Zantetsu

Smash Master
This forum is getting to be a bore. Only a few good threads come out every couple weeks and nothing of interest comes around, so I thought of something this community could take part in, and I've come up with this. The Smashboards 64 Section Awards. I hope to get this official by Surri, but he seems to be asleep at the time of this threads writing. So, without further ado, I'll explain how this will work.

This contest will be divided up into 3 different threads.
  • The Suggestions
  • The Nominees
  • The Voting

The Suggestions

The Suggestions thread is the thread you are in right now. This thread will be used to suggest what kind of awards will be given out. Some examples are "Best Poster" and "Best Player All Around." You simply give suggestions by posting them in this thread and the Smashboards 64 Awards staff (which will remain private forever) will choose which ones to use. Don't be afraid to list something that has already been listed! The more something is said, the more likely it will be chosen as an award!

The Nominees

Once we have the suggestions finished and finalized, we will be ready to start The Nominees thread. These will be the nominees for the the awards. You will submit a person for every award (or only the ones you want to) and the top 4 users will be submitted for the voting. Tied users will advance, so there may be 5 nominees in one category.

The Voting

And last, but no least, The Voting thread. The voting thread will be the final thread in the Smashboards 64 Section Awards. We will take the winning nominees from each category and publicly announce them in this thread. Users will then vote who they want to win in the thread or a separate ballet (it hasn't been decided which yet).

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask them via PM or by this thread. Otherwise, let the suggestions begin :)

SUGGESTIONS DEADLINE: November 14, 11:59PM EST (Awards will be announced around Christmas time)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
My own suggestions for awards:
Best (insert character here) player
Favorite user overall

I'll leave the rest up to you guys :)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Sounds good, though you might have a problem with people feeling left out or people arguing why so-and-so shouldn't have the award.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Best player for every region (regions to be determined, something like EC, WC, Canada, Europe, or more detailed or less detailed)
Best player for every character
Best player offline
Best player online

We're a democracy! The best players can only be determined by voting!!

Oh and we also need a taunt-cancel king, I remember seeing that somewhere

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Australasia is a region too :\

Can we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd places? It seems easy enough if it's going to be done by poll.

Best Transition from Melee > 64/Brawl > 64 would be interesting.

D

Deleted member

Dumest Poster

Nixxxon

Best Troll

MattNF

Biggest Crybaby

Near

Worst Admin in History of smash 64 section

MeowKitty (Surri is close)

Most overrated player

Fireblaster (or me)

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
MattNF isn't a ****** troll. He's probably one of the smartest posters i've seen here. No homo.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I have a suggestion

Dumbest vanity thread of all time

and lol at s2j thinking he's an overrated ssb64 player

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You can't be overrated, you're the undisputed king of SLOW MOTION COMBO VIDEOS lol :p except for the last few which were awesome XD

Also, MATTS! wins every award for everything.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
This thread is pretty funny...

How about the best video(s) of all time?

or

Combo Champion?

MattNF

Smash Lord
I nominate canada for the "best country where milk can be bought in bags" award

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This contest will be divided up into 3 different threads.
  • The Suggestions
  • The Nominees
  • The Voting

The Suggestions

The Suggestions thread is the thread you are in right now. This thread will be used to suggest what kind of awards will be given out. Some examples are "Best Poster" and "Best Player All Around." You simply give suggestions by posting them in this thread and the Smashboards 64 Awards staff (which will remain private forever) will choose which ones to use. Don't be afraid to list something that has already been listed! The more something is said, the more likely it will be chosen as an award!

The Nominees

Once we have the suggestions finished and finalized, we will be ready to start The Nominees thread. These will be the nominees for the the awards. You will submit a person for every award (or only the ones you want to) and the top 4 users will be submitted for the voting. Tied users will advance, so there may be 5 nominees in one category.
Why do people have such a hard time reading the OP? Just wondering.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
List of awards

Best poster overall
Worst poster overall (joke)
Biggest troll
Biggest helper
Best video maker
Most "chill" smasher
Most improved
Smash encyclopedia
Funniest poster
Best Signature
Best Topic
Most active (at getting the game more publicity)
Most active (on forums)
Best host

MATTS!

Smash Ace
vote for MALVA, kaillera's KIRBY CHAMP!!!
Well, since im the KIRBY CHAMP OF ALL LIFE AND THE WHOLE EARTH. I win all awards already. I even win the award for BEING THE BEST SMASH 64 PLAYER... EVER.

I even win the award for 5 stocking malva's pikachu in 37 seconds. PWN.

Oh I have one more thing to say....

im better.

PWNED OWNED BEST 100% BETTER BEST BEST

S-PWNED

The Great MATTS!

Frogles

Smash Ace
Well, since im the KIRBY CHAMP OF ALL LIFE AND THE WHOLE EARTH. I win all awards already. I even win the award for BEING THE BEST SMASH 64 PLAYER... EVER.

I even win the award for 5 stocking malva's pikachu in 37 seconds. PWN.

Oh I have one more thing to say....

im better.
i facepalmed during all of this

PWNED OWNED BEST 100% BETTER BEST BEST
then twice as hard during this

and this made up for it.

S-PWNED

Top Bottom