• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Jigglypuff "I Was Wrong" Thread

How likely did you think Jigglypuff was?

• Total voters

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I always had faith in her but sometimes I really did get doubters and detractors get to me ;A; I'm still so happy they were wrong, Jigglypuff is beautiful, LONG LIVE PURIN!

Booster

Smash Lord
Didn't think she would be in, she hasn't been relevant to the Pokemon series in years. So I was wrong.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Honestly I will be very disappointed if Jiggs got in over Mewtwo. I never really liked Jigglypuff and I would have picked Squirtle over her in the roster.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
lol i doubt that duke napoleon and the numerous Mewtwo fans who said "she had no chance" will show their sorry faces here.

They were sooooo sure about their arguments.

i remember there was some nerd begging Sakurai on twitter to cut "Purin". Though the ppl who scream "cut Jiggs" are more vocal, as history shows, he don't pay no attention to those whiny b*****s

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Can we accept now that the original 12 aren't going anywhere?
Why the hell did people even thought that Jigglypuff had a chance of being cut anyways? It was usually based on silly evidence like being one of the last characters added to the roster in Brawl. Apparently people forgot that she had appeared three times in a row.

Sakuramei

Smash Rookie
So happy she's back. I always felt she would, but lots of people doubting still made me worry a bit...

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Never doubted her, the only thing that went against her was time constraints and I didn't even think that would become an issue.

The best part will be going on 4chan and Gamefaqs to rub it in the haters' faces. :laugh:

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I admit the only of the original 12 I considered being cut was Jigglypuff, but I am glad it wasn't. At this point, I doubt Puff will ever leave the roster.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
K then. Could you elaborate? You just seem jelous of the resting power.
1. Jigglypuff is not relevant
2. Jigglypuff doesn't have any gimmicks that make her cool, like Lucario.
3. Jigglypuff isn't cool or powerful, unlike Lucario, Charizard, Greninja or Mewtwo.
4. There are houndreds of more cool Pokemon that could have been in the game over Jigglypuff.
5. She has no fanbase outside of Smash Bros.

I have more, but considering she's in the game there is no reason in arguing.

Gamecube

Smash Cadet
3. Jigglypuff isn't cool or powerful, unlike Lucario, Charizard, Greninja or Mewtwo.
4. There are houndreds of more cool Pokemon that could have been in the game over Jigglypuff.

1. Yes she is relevant, she is the most popular Pokémon in Japan
2. Jigglypuff has rest
3. Are you kidding me? Jigglypuff's rest is the most badass move in the game
4. Hundreds*
5. Yes she does

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Honestly I will be very disappointed if Jiggs got in over Mewtwo. I never really liked Jigglypuff and I would have picked Squirtle over her in the roster.
And I would have been disappointed if Mewtwo got in over Jigglypuff. Remember that Sakurai isn't making this game just to satisfy one person.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101

1. She got the new fairy type, she is relevant
2. You're saying rest isn't a cool gimmick? Also, pikachu, mewtwo, and greninja don't have a gimmick, so this point seems irrelevant
3.Jigglypuff is grade-A cool. She puts you to sleep and draws genetalia all over your face. Not so merciless now, eh?
4. Hundreds of more cool pokemon. Jigglypuff is super cool. Her moveset, her playstyle, and everything. She may be MUCH DIFFERENT compared to the other pokemon, but that doesn't mean she isn't cool Bruh.
5. She has a very small fanbase in the west, but she is one of the most loved pokemon in japan, due to her mix of cuteness and raw power.

I just think you are upset because this could hurt Mewtwo's chances. I wouldn't worry man, I'm pretty sure He's still in :)

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
And I would have been disappointed if Mewtwo got in over Jigglypuff. Remember that Sakurai isn't making this game just to satisfy one person.
I didn't say that, but I'm sure if people had to choose between Jigglypuff and Mewtwo then it would at least be equal if not more on the Mewtwo side.

melodiouskitsune

Smash Rookie
I never doubted it. The whole original twelve thing has been in my mind from the start and I'm happy to see it pull through once more.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I'll put myself under the "I wasn't sure", and this is before the leaked roster and everything. Because except for her status as one of the original 12 there's really little reason to keep her in the game at this stage. So from that point of view I might even feel a bit surprise, but yeah, looking at it the other way, why be surprised about a character that has been in every game.

So yeah, she's in, I'm fine with it, let's leave the past behind. :)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
She was never going anywhere. People who thought she would get cut are delusional.

At this point of time Jigglypuff is more relevant to the Smash series than her own franchise, just like Sheik and formerly the Ice Climbers. With that said GameFreak have no issues with her inclusion and they still use her for merchandise (Pokémon monopoly, Pokémon Art I believe(?) anyone?)

Plus she's one of the 'cute' Pokémon. We've got enough evolved humanoid Pokémon. It's not only the 'cool' ones that matter.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Plus she's one of the 'cute' Pokémon. We've got enough evolved humanoid Pokémon. It's not only the 'cool' ones that matter.
This so much. It irks me how people obsess over the humanoid ones like Zoroark and Sceptile.

There's much more to Pokemon than the "badass" looking ones.

On Topic: I agree that anyone who thought Mewtwo would get in over Jigglypuff was delusional.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's sad that probably even after this. She will probably still have some detractors thinking that she will most likely get cut for the next games because "she only became relevant because of the Fairy Type" despite that previously they claimed that the Fairy Type wasn't as relevant as the Mega Evolution and whatnot. Eitherway, glad to see our favourite pink balloon pokemon sticking around once more. Long live Jigglypuff! :)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I don't believe in shoo-ins, but I never really doubted Jigglypuff. Though I wish Mewtwo were here as well, I'm glad to see Jigglypuff back. She's such a fun character, after all.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough
Debatable
Lucario, Charizard, and Mewtwo can go eat a d***, I far prefer Jigglypuff's design.
That contradicts your only valid point.
...no? It's no Charizard but it's still popular.

That, and arguing is better left to people using actual logic. The only valid reason you presented was the first one, everyfin else was just "i dun liek jigglypuff, sakuri iz dumb for puting her in". I don't like Charizard, Pikachu, or Lucario but you don't hear me whining.

Last edited:

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156

bwahahahaha omg really
1 yea she was like the first fairy shown at e3
2 the singing marker balloon things are all not enough really what do you need
3 she doesn't have to be cool looking she is one (if not the one) of the cutest pokemon out there
4 ok but truthfully who else could we pick the olny choises that i see getting a chance are mewtwo sceptile
( fingers crossed still) and meowth and if anyone should have gotten the boot for those three it should have been charizard or lucario
5....ok go to anything jigglypuff related and write that and you will get the barrage of replies like you are now does that show her loyal fans

need any more i will direct you to jiggly she seams to be the head jigglypuff supporter if you want to see any more reasons

Crudedude

Smash Cadet
i was wrong about jigglypuff being the first unlockable. i guess all the clones and that horrid dog comes first. I don't understand the hate on jiggs though, she can be played like crap but then can be played as if she's unstoppable. so, yeah respect her potential

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Hey I admit I thought she had less chances than Lucas, Wolf and IC with all the possible Pokemon.
Guess the "original 12" is now an even stronger point in favor for Smash Bros. 5.

Last edited:

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Kinda late to the party but i am ecstatic to be rejoicing with all you guys that my favorite puffball has finally been confirmed as in the game, and that she is not only looking fiercer than her previous self but also cuter than ever. That HD Wii U model will be heavenly

I haven't been too active on the forums but one thing I was vocal about was that Jigglypuff would without a doubt be joining us. Really pleased.

Now if only we could get a stream of someone who knew what they were doing while playing her, ha

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Because of this fan base's obsession with doubting returning characters due to their favourite character being more 'relevant', it was easy to think Jiggly might be cut by a small chance.

BUT I AM SO HAPPY SHE IS BACK!! Looking sooo much cuter. About time her design got redone. I swear in Brawl she never blinked during her idle animation and she just seemed... not cared for.

Top Bottom