• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey guys, maybe we should do themed weeks.
This week's theme is the Elite Four. We discuss the Smashboards elites.
Then we can do say, retro week, where we talk about Takamaru, Mach Rider, Lip, Muddy, and Sable.
Then Melee vet week, where we can talk about how unique the cut Melee vets were, and possible overhauls that they can receive to become unique.
I honestly like this idea a little better. If someone, like myself, wasn't entirely aware of the complete and utter potential of a character that we are discussing, there really isn't much to say. However, if we are discussing a few different characters, there is bound to be one that I can actually reference the source material for something unique.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We should totally plan the whole thing.
There could be a Mario character week, a Kirby character week, and a Metroid week.
Which do you want to start with after elite 4 week, we need a schedule.
Probably retro week.
It could be fun, since there are so many unique retro options.

And should I go back to the generic category of Elite 4 instead of Mac?
Be patient with me guys, this is a brand new concept I came up with. :p

New title and concept. Hopefully this is how it will stay.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Probably retro week.
It could be fun, since there are so many unique retro options.

And should I go back to the generic category of Elite 4 instead of Mac?
Be patient with me guys, this is a brand new concept I came up with. :p
I think you should say Elite Four - Little Mac

side note: This is a really great thread idea. Lots of cool potential for discussion/opinion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think you should say Elite Four - Little Mac
Like we are focusing on Little Mac today?
And then tomorrow I say Palutena?
@ Morbi Morbi recommended a generic category of the Elite 4 as a whole, and then next week we can discuss retros, and the week after cut Melee vets.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Like we are focusing on Little Mac today?
And then tomorrow I say Palutena?
@ Morbi Morbi recommended a generic category of the Elite 4 as a whole, and then next week we can discuss retros, and the week after cut Melee vets.
Yeah just that. So for the week you can have Elite 4 and than each day change the specific character.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Little Mac's moveset will suffer about as much from being only punches as Marth's did from being only swordplay.

That said, just like sword fighting, there are countless styles of boxing on top of Little Mac's Punch-Out!! unique mechanics. I don't think Little Mac will be anything short of unique, as well as practically being a shoo-in.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Little Mac's moveset will suffer about as much from being only punches as Marth's did from being only swordplay.

That said, just like sword fighting, there are countless styles of boxing on top of Little Mac's Punch-Out!! unique mechanics. I don't think Little Mac will be anything short of unique, as well as practically being a shoo-in.
Good point. I guess boxing can be more creative than I thought. It is a unique fighting style.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Alright this week is Elite 4 Week.

Feb. 2-8: Elite 4 Week: (Palutena, Little Mac, Ridley, K. Rool)

Feb. 9-15: Retro Week: (Takamaru, Prince Sable, Lip, Muddy Mole, Balloon Fighter etc.)

Feb. 16-22: ??? Week:

Feb. 23- Mar. 1: ??? Week:

Mar. 2-8: ??? Week:

Mar. 9-15: ??? Week:

Mar. 16-22: ??? Week:

Mar. 23-29: ??? Week:

Mar. 30- Apr. 5: ??? Week:

Apr. 6-12: ??? Week:

Apr. 13-19: ??? Week:

Apr. 20-26: ??? Week:

Apr. 27- May 3: ??? Week:

May 4-10: ??? Week:

May 11-17: ??? Week:

May 18-24: ??? Week:

May 25-31: ??? Week:

You should put this schedule in the OP.
You can decide which week is which.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Good idea Blue, although I feel that the Elite Four is getting the short end of the stick.
Maybe we could just update on Tuesdays?
Unless your reasoning is that it's only four characters, then I understand, but it's a topic that we could talk about forever.

King Orfut

Smash Cadet
I don't even...... Mac's gimmick is that he is a boxer. THe fact that he only punches contributes to his uniqeness. He'd be a challenging character to master cuz of that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
4 characters? Well that depends on what the week is about really. If there's for example a week about Kirby characters, people may wish to do minor characters or major characters for an analysis.

Since there's not much options for example like R.O.B's and IC's franchises, so I would avoid those kinds of weeks.

I'd do a Melee veterans week.
Hmm.. Maybe also a Brawl to Smash 4 Week too, where we rate characters that debuted from 2008 to 2013 like Shulk and Wonder Red.
And a Melee to Brawl where we rate characters that debuted from 2001-2007.
Totally there should be a third party week too.
Historical character week?

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I think mainly because they were the stars of Nintendo at the 64 times, he probably want to create a moveset based on things they normally wouldn't do. Ice Climbers is debatable though, was it more known of a two player game than it was a single player?
On the topic of Ice Climber, not really but in a sense it does makes sense since climbing is often seen as a cooperative/teamwork type thing. My point though was that we can't really predict or dictate what characters have "potential". And yeah, obviously there are other merits to become playable like you stated.

I wish I had a full Little Mac moveset but these are just a little something I threw together on the spot. One has his using other boxers moves and one is mostly original. I had an idea similar to Louie G for the B move. I envision Mac as a very speedy combo-like character. The catch is that he is completely close-range with only medium reach. He however has solid jumping ability and is medium weight so he is not knocked off the stage quite as easily.

B: Flurry- Mac sends out a quick "flurry" of punches (very fast punches) at the player which hit consecutively, most likely resulting in trapping the player (punches are so fast the opponent can't escape). This can be good for setting up combos for this reason.

Side B: Rush- Runs straight forward quickly and does a small uppercut that lifts the player off their feet a little allowing for follow up attacks. If performed in the air, it can be used for side recovery and meteor smashes the opponent downwards if it hits.

Up B: Star Uppercut-Does his signature move with launches both him and the player upwards. This move happens quite fast so the player may be able to be hit with more attacks while they are falling back down toward the stage if they are not on their guard. Angle of uppercut can be determined slightly. This move works in conjunction with Block. There are 10 levels to this punch. Level 10 can KO below 60%.

Down B: Block- A risk-reward type move. Mac has to block 5 attacks to gain 1 star, 10 for 2 stars and 15 for 3 stars (not consecutively). Mac will still take at least half of the damage but doesn't flinch. Mac can gain up to 3 stars and there is a different level of damage and knockback on the opponent for each. The Star Uppercut's distance stays the damage done by the opponent but the damage of the Star Uppercut significantly increases. This can be risky considering Mac is entirely vulnerable from the back and if you need to use the Star Uppercut for recovery it is almost as if you took all that damage for nothing considering the stars go away once it is used once.

Final Smash: TKO- I decided to go a different route than Giga Mac. Little Mac rushes forward very quickly glowing with energy. Anybody he hits in this time is transported to a boxing ring (a la Blue Falcon) and will be stuck unable to anything for the time. Rapidly press A to beat up you opponents. The faster you press the more damage is given allowing for more likely defeat. At the end, he hits all opponents captured with one Star Uppercut sending them flying upwards. If this is successful, your opponents will be Star KO'd.

B: Dreamland Express- Mr. Sandman's signature move. 3 small uppercuts that can be angled. If all 3 connect, it literally puts the player to sleep (as if hit by Jigglypuff's Sing or near a Bellossom). The sleep lasts longer the higher the damage the opponent has. The sleep is quite short in general but it offers enough time to follow up with some more moves and allow for players to string together a combo

Side B: Bull Charge- Bald Bull's signature move. Can be charged. Mac glows red and charges forward head first extremely fast. When he hits a player, he uses all his strength to punch the opponent forward. This move can do both a lot of damage and knockback depending on the damage of the opponent. This move can leave him slightly open at the end due to the long lag that follows, so miss and you can be punished for it.

Up B: Star Uppercut- The same as above except without the levels and stars. Instead, it can be charged slightly to gain more distance and a little more damage but the knockback is nowhere near the other ones.

Down B: Clothesline Trio- 3 consecutive spins if done correctly...think, Luigi Cyclone...on steroids. All 3 are superfast spin punches. But each works a little differently. The 1st spin punch simply hits the opponent off their setting them up for the 2nd one. The 1st does little damage. The 2nd does a large amount of damage with little knockback so the opponent can be hit by the 3rd final hit. The 3rd hit does the most knockback and a significant amount of damage but not as much as the 2nd one. This 3rd hit can send opponents flying especially at high damages. Mac can move left and right while doing this but can not get off the ground unlike Luigi.

Final Smash: Same as above.

If Mac were to get something like the 2nd moveset I can also see there being some other boxer influence in his regular moves. For example, he can get Bear Hugger's signature Bear Hug for a grab, Piston Hondo's Hurrican Rush for a dash attack, etc.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I would plan the weeks, just so there isn't any debate on which week we get to decide.
We could make the weeks and make them the only ones you can nominate, what ever week is nominated to the top of the list by the end of the week will be the one that will be rated. You can only nominate twice.
We should have these weeks recommended:
Unless there is in fact a good week recommended by someone, this should be the weeks:
x1 Mario Week
x1 Zelda Week
x1 Kirby Week
x1 Retro Week
x1 Pokemon Week
x1 Mother Week
x1 Wario-land/-ware Week
x1 Melee Veterans Week
x1 Brawl to Smash 4 Week
x1 Melee to Brawl Week
x1 Starfox Week
x1 Metroid Week
x1 Third Party Week
x1 F-Zero Week
x1 Kid Icarus Week
x1 Animal Crossing Week
x1 Pikmin Week
x1 Fire Emblem Week
x1 Historical Characters Week
x1 Donkey Kong Week
x1 Yoshi Week

I think I got everything down.
Or just simply schedule it, so there's not much of an issue of you trying to look at every nomination.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I think we should give a character 3-5 days to discuss. Seems reasonable IMO.
Also, technically, Fox was based off of the Arwing, soon it's not like his moves came out of nowhere.
And Captain Falcon was based on Blue Falcon and Kamen Rider but still....

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That's a good idea, but whether or not Louie G. wants to continue this till Smash release is the question, there might be times where he's busy, especially when it's the exams week.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I certainly want to sticky this!
As long as the mods are up to it.
And I put @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 in command if I am not available.
Mods can change the title and such.

If someone could put in a request for me that'd be great...
I don't want to recommend my own thread to be stickied.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I agree with high B Tier. The close-combat melee consisting of only punches is unique but it is nothing revolutionary for Smash (we have a couple close-combat characters already). The Star system is really what puts him this high for me due to it being an interesting mechanic on its own.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would say A, since @ ToothiestAura ToothiestAura specifically mentioned Lucario in A Tier, and Little Mac having a somewhat opposite mechanic can put him in there.
And also, I feel that characters with Lucario's kind of gimmick should be pretty high tier, since typically the gimmick is not shared with anyone.

But that's just me. Mac could easily end up in B+ Tier, that makes sense.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I would say A, since @ ToothiestAura ToothiestAura specifically mentioned Lucario in A Tier, and Little Mac having a somewhat opposite mechanic can put him in there.
And also, I feel that characters with Lucario's kind of gimmick should be pretty high tier, since typically the gimmick is not shared with anyone.

Lucario is put in A? Then what is Rosalina, S? Rosalina and Luma feels like the epitome of A Tier to me, I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just a little more harsh on uniqueness.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Idk he doesn't seem quite as unique as Lucario. If all of his moves were effected by Star Points, then he could be, but we also have to remember Lucario doesn't just have the aura, he has a unique floaty combo playstyle.

I can agree with B+

Lucario is put in A? Then what is Rosalina, S? Rosalina and Luma feels like the epitome of A Tier to me, I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just a little more harsh on uniqueness.
Yeah Rosalina would be S tier

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please. Building Little Mac around a star power system that changes his abilities fundamentally depending on how many stars he has, as well as giving him a reliable dizzying stun and quick, jab-based combos could make him into a very fast-paced, unique technical character.

I'd go more into detail, but I'm not entirely sure I need to.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I have Lucario as A Tier because his Aura system doesn't work all that well. SSB4 Lucario may be S Tier, we'll need to wait and see.

So are we done with Little Mac?
Anyone want any last words?
Time to rate him in a tier if not.
After some thought I'll give Little Mac A Tier.
[collapse=reasoning if anyone cares]
Little Mac is a boxer, and therefore, would have a moveset comprising mostly of punches which isn't very unique at all. Of course, Little Mac's proposed "star system" is unique to Smash and represents his character/franchise well.

It's also been proposed several times that Little Mac borrow some moves from his fellow boxers, such as the boxing glove on a rope, which doesn't seems too far a stretch to see in Smash. This could possibly take away from his moves being too punching-centric.
[/collapse]

This is pretty cool but I have to argue we can't really discuss how "unique" a character is? I feel uniqueness is in the "eye of the beholder" per se. For example, Sakurai clearly surprised us with WFT and Mr. Game and Watch of all things, I bet you if people were to bring those characters up prior to reveal there really wouldn't be any "potential" according to us. Then there are characters like Fox and Captain Falcon who were never seen out of the cockpit. I'm inclined to think no one would have thought of IC's being 2 characters instead of one. Even characters we think are unique probably won't end up working the way they do. I mean, did anybody think of Megaman not using any punches? Or what about Ganondorf? He has plenty of potential....but he's a clone. This being said we can't really dictate what character is "unique" because Sakurai has the final say not us.

We may think a character is unique but he might not. He might completely blindside us with a character choice because we didn't think of said character even having any "potential". It's certainly fun to discuss, but just putting it out there that "potential" is really Sakurai's call.
I agree here. We are arguing potential, we know Sakurai has final say. But based on the Newcomers already announced for SSB4 we can see he's looking for more uniqueness. I don't think anyone would here would have given the moveset Rosalina has now to her, and our rankings likely would have had her somewhere in the semi-clone tier or C-Tier in terms of uniqueness.
Our ratings should absolutely be taken with a grain of salt.

As far as rating announced Newcomers and Veterans:
I see Villager as a potential S Tier or high A Tier do to his Pocket ability, his crazy combo styles and his nearly perfect representation of the Animal Crossing series. Megaman is another potential S Tier due to his specialized projectile system and his perfect representation of Classic Megaman.

Slightly modified suggested tiers guidelines:

S Tier:
Characters in a league of their own. Characters with such varied movesets, unique abilities and playstyles that you can't contain excitement about playing as them or feel miles ahead of the other characters.
Examples: Rosalina & Luma
Other possible examples: Villager, Megaman, Zelda & Sheik, Ivysaur (Project M).

A Tier:
Characters who are wholly unique, but not quite as incredible as S-Tier members. This includes characters with very interesting playstyles and techniques, but fall short in some ways. Perhaps things could have been implemented better.
Examples: Lucario in Brawl (while his Aura mechanic was a cool idea, it wasn't very fearsome or useful), Ice Climbers, Olimar (I may get hell for saying this but I think his playstyle, while great, lacks in some department. Specifically the difference between his types Pikmin).

B Tier:
Characters that are unique, but not groundbreaking. Nothing truly new is added in terms of mechanics, playstyle or abilities. But the character is far from a clone.
Examples: Peach, Mario, Bowser, Pikachu (the majority of characters).

C Tier:
Character ideas that aren't entirely unique. C-Tier members would include characters with uninspired or generic A moves. Even if some of their B moves are unique.
Examples: Luigi, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Ike, Link.

D Tier:
The Semi-clone Tier. Characters who have a lot in common with other characters, but vary with stats, hitboxes, attributes, certain moves, etc.
Examples: Falco, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Roy.

F Tier:
Full on clones. These characters are essentially reskins. With some slight alterations.
Examples: Dr. Mario

@ Louie G. Louie G.
Also, how should we go about compiling the votes into a score for a tier? A simple majority rule or taking the average (like it's done in earlier schooling, where a vote for S=5, A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1 and F=0)?

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'll post my Muddy set when Retro characters are the primary focus, that said...

I've always imagined Little Mac to be somewhat like Marth. Many of his moves would obviously be based off of Boxing techniques, a lot of punching with almost little to no kicks. I'd also imagine Mac to inherit some of his more well known opponents' moves for normals, but not specials.
The Star mechanic has always had me interested and I think it could be placed into Smash fairly easily.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A tier if the star mechanic works the way I'd like it to work. (i.e. he has an interface by his damage % that keeps track of stars, and his moves are better depending on stars used.)

So yeah, let's go with that. Instant main.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
A reward system does make Little Mac sound like alot of fun.
This got my interest for Mac much bigger.
Try to make the character sound as interesting as possible when answering my uniqueness criteria, I love getting interested.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Louie G. Louie G.
Also, how should we go about compiling the votes into a score for a tier? A simple majority rule or taking the average (like it's done in earlier schooling, where a vote for S=5, A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1 and F=0)?
That makes sense, although I would make it a 10 point range instead of 5.
For Mac, I don't want to go through a whole vote again, so as of now it's looking like A- or so.
Your tier grouping is great, I think that's what we should go by.
Try to make the character sound as interesting as possible when answering my uniqueness criteria, I love getting interested.
That's one of the reasons I made this thread: To get people intrigued by characters that they weren't truly excited about before.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I have Lucario as A Tier because his Aura system doesn't work all that well. SSB4 Lucario may be S Tier, we'll need to wait and see.

After some thought I'll give Little Mac A Tier.
[collapse=reasoning if anyone cares]
Little Mac is a boxer, and therefore, would have a moveset comprising mostly of punches which isn't very unique at all. Of course, Little Mac's proposed "star system" is unique to Smash and represents his character/franchise well.

It's also been proposed several times that Little Mac borrow some moves from his fellow boxers, such as the boxing glove on a rope, which doesn't seems too far a stretch to see in Smash. This could possibly take away from his moves being too punching-centric.
[/collapse]

I agree here. We are arguing potential, we know Sakurai has final say. But based on the Newcomers already announced for SSB4 we can see he's looking for more uniqueness. I don't think anyone would here would have given the moveset Rosalina has now to her, and our rankings likely would have had her somewhere in the semi-clone tier or C-Tier in terms of uniqueness.
Our ratings should absolutely be taken with a grain of salt.

As far as rating announced Newcomers and Veterans:
I see Villager as a potential S Tier or high A Tier do to his Pocket ability, his crazy combo styles and his nearly perfect representation of the Animal Crossing series. Megaman is another potential S Tier due to his specialized projectile system and his perfect representation of Classic Megaman.

Slightly modified suggested tiers guidelines:

S Tier:
Characters in a league of their own. Characters with such varied movesets, unique abilities and playstyles that you can't contain excitement about playing as them or feel miles ahead of the other characters.
Examples: Rosalina & Luma
Other possible examples: Villager, Megaman, Zelda & Sheik, Ivysaur (Project M).

A Tier:
Characters who are wholly unique, but not quite as incredible as S-Tier members. This includes characters with very interesting playstyles and techniques, but fall short in some ways. Perhaps things could have been implemented better.
Examples: Lucario in Brawl (while his Aura mechanic was a cool idea, it wasn't very fearsome or useful), Ice Climbers, Olimar (I may get hell for saying this but I think his playstyle, while great, lacks in some department. Specifically the difference between his types Pikmin).

B Tier:
Characters that are unique, but not groundbreaking. Nothing truly new is added in terms of mechanics, playstyle or abilities. But the character is far from a clone.
Examples: Peach, Mario, Bowser, Pikachu (the majority of characters).

C Tier:
Character ideas that aren't entirely unique. C-Tier members would include characters with uninspired or generic A moves. Even if some of their B moves are unique.
Examples: Luigi, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Ike, Link.

D Tier:
The Semi-clone Tier. Characters who have a lot in common with other characters, but vary with stats, hitboxes, attributes, certain moves, etc.
Examples: Falco, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Roy.

F Tier:
Full on clones. These characters are essentially reskins. With some slight alterations.
Examples: Dr. Mario

@ Louie G. Louie G.
I agree with most of this except for a couple.

Ice Climbers should defenitely be S Tier. The fact that there is two of them significantly changes the moves (for example, TWO projectiles at the same time, Blizzard on both sides, etc,) Belay and Blizzard are also pretty unique moves on their own right. And because Nana (or Popo) follows button presses where ever she is you can strategically use this to your combo'ing advantage. I'm failing to see what was not implemented the right way here. The whole point of Ice Climbing (or rock climbing in general) is teamwork so it makes absolute sense to be slightly crippled in attacks if you lose a climber. In fact, it only makes it more unique don't you think? Besides, Nana actually makes an attempt to get back to you and its not like Popo is helpless or anything. Also, you have to completely rethink an approach to fight this them because one of them can easily break combos, even the CPU.

Olimar: I don't even know why I should have to explain this one. Even if it was lacking in the Pikmin types difference department (which it doesn't considering all 5 do different damage outputs and have different effects and knockback). The concept of the character is innovative and WORKS CORRECTLY (that is, if you know how to use him). The fact that Olimar can only perform 2 moves without his Pikmin his very interesting indeed. Not to mention there is really no recovery without them. Unlike most other projectiles, Pikmin stick to the opponent and keep racking up damage if not hit away. That by itself is innovative. Then you get to realize that you can keep plucking more even when they die and that is down B is completely unlike anything else. The Down B actually allows for some strategy considering it reorders your Pikmin instead of being a conventional damaging attack. Actually, only 2 of his B moves can even cause damage.

Kirby: For the copy ability alone, Kirby should at least be A, maybe S.

Mr. Game and Watch: Wait, so Villager with a Game and Watch-esque moveset is rated higher than Mr. Game and Watch....what? (and just so you know, I'm not saying Villager should be moved down but Game and Watch should be moved up). I can't believe I have to explain this one as well, but there was nothing like Mr. Game and Watch when he first came out. The whole concept of the character (the one that blindsided pretty much everyone) is interesting by itself but using a collection of moves based on stuff from each individual game was a pretty mindblowing concept back then. His specials are pretty much completely original and unique as well. Judgement, Chef and Oil Panic all brought something extremely new to the table (Judgement and Oil Panic especially).

EDIT: It would be great if we could group all the current characters into their respective tiers. The majority of characters statement under B is misleading, when a lot of the other characters haven't been mentioned. Also, can we not include Project M versions please considering they are not made by Sakurai?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So I think that this should be a base.

S TIER: Rosalina, Kirby

A TIER: Villager, Lucario

B TIER: Peach, Mario

C TIER: Luigi, Wolf

D TIER: Falco, Ganondorf

F TIER: Dr. Mario, Pichu

Looking at this, I personally would place Mac in A- Tier, right under Lucario.
And I suppose we could also have a week where we discuss confirmed newcomers as well.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
So I think that this should be a base.

S TIER: Rosalina, Kirby

A TIER: Villager, Lucario

B TIER: Peach, Mario

C TIER: Luigi, Wolf

D TIER: Falco, Ganondorf

F TIER: Dr. Mario, Pichu

Looking at this, I personally would place Mac in A- Tier, right under Lucario.
And I suppose we could also have a week where we discuss confirmed newcomers as well.
I think Pichu should be an "E" tier. While he is a clone, there is no character that damages itself with almost every move. These would be my tiers:

S Tier: Ice Climbers, Kirby, Olimar, Rosalina

A Tier: Diddy Kong, Lucario, Mega Man, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Pokémon Trainer, R.O.B., Snake, Villager, Zelda/Sheik

B Tier: Bowser, Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Fox, Ike, King Dedede, Link, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Peach, Pikachu, Pit, Samus, Sonic, Wario, Wii Fit Trainer, Wolf, Yoshi, Zero Suit Samus

C Tier: Jigglypuff, Lucas, Luigi

D Tier: Falco, Ganondorf, Lucas, Toon Link

E Tier: Pichu, Roy

F Tier: Dr. Mario, Young Link

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Okay, going off of Louie G and Toothiest Aura I'm going to group the characters. Let me guys know if any of the characters should be moved:

S Tier: Rosalina and Luma, Kirby, Pikmin and Olimar, Megaman, Ice Climbers, Snake, Mr. Game and Watch, Villager

A Tier: Lucario, Wii Fit Trainer, Pokemon Trainer (as a whole), Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik

B Tier: Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Fox, Wario, Pikachu, Yoshi, Bowser, King Dedede, Ness, Meta Knight, R.O.B., Captain Falcon, Mewtwo

C Tier: Luigi, Wolf, Link, Ike, Marth, Jigglypuff, Pit, Sonic

D Tier: Ganondorf, Falco, Lucas, Toon Link, Roy

F Tier: Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think that's good, yes. Sometimes it's hard to judge veterans since they can't seem groundbreaking after playing them so long.

Edit: Maybe Wii Fit as B Tier, it's hard to say, though. As she's the newcomer we've seen the least of. I only have an idea of 2 specials, and they don't seem very great. Time will tell, I suppose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom