• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If it is something that you are passionate about, then that other stuff won't matter. Im sure you will be fine.

Gutei

Smash Cadet
If it is something that you are passionate about, then that other stuff won't matter. Im sure you will be fine.
I mean, I know I'm passionate about it and'll be okay - it's just the people who aren't and can make students miserable. It's an unfortunate happenstance in a lot of schools.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I mean, I know I'm passionate about it and'll be okay - it's just the people who aren't and can make students miserable. It's an unfortunate happenstance in a lot of schools.
Don't get worked up about something that you can't change. Instead, throw yourself at your work and give every student you work with a positive experience.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've been piled on with a load of homework and revision. :(

Anyways, I do have a time plan of what I am doing at the moment and I hope this will come into effect before my exams commence in the middle of next month.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been piled on with a load of homework and revision. :(

Anyways, I do have a time plan of what I am doing at the moment and I hope this will come into effect before my exams commence in the middle of next month.
Good luck. You can do it.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I wish my mom didn't tell the doctor about me watching my hands a lot earlier. Something like that embarrasses me and I really can't help it.

I'm officially OCD since I've been washing my hands all the time despite already doing it before.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I know another user said something along these lines but pretty much I don't really feel happiness anymore. The only break I get from my sorrow is a state of neutrality. Hardly crack a smile finishing a horrifically hard Biology A and P course with a B+. Now I have 2 weeks off which in many cases people go out have fun yada yada...I've basically been sitting here the past two days locked on the internet or my 3ds for smash bros. Only time I will probably get out is for my daily gym trip. I want to be like people who just go on daily vacations to exotic places, do fun activities, theres such an amazing world out there and I spend a lot of time laying on my couch when I'm not at the gym or school. Yep, 2 weeks off to have fun. Yeah right. See I believe there's a theoretical tank in a person that needs to be cleansed when stress or sadness builds ups with you know, something fun to set a person's mental state back to neutral. You go through a lot of stress and sadness, and you get some hapiness and fun in return. Me? Stress and sadness builds up after constant depression and exams. Now it's break time! How will it work? Neutrality...neautrality...neutrality...oh look school has started again back to 4 months of stress! Did I cleanse that sadness and stress with fun? Nope. So it has just built up and stayed...

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I know another user said something along these lines but pretty much I don't really feel happiness anymore. The only break I get from my sorrow is a state of neutrality. Hardly crack a smile finishing a horrifically hard Biology A and P course with a B+. Now I have 2 weeks off which in many cases people go out have fun yada yada...I've basically been sitting here the past two days locked on the internet or my 3ds for smash bros. Only time I will probably get out is for my daily gym trip. I want to be like people who just go on daily vacations to exotic places, do fun activities, theres such an amazing world out there and I spend a lot of time laying on my couch when I'm not at the gym or school. Yep, 2 weeks off to have fun. Yeah right. See I believe there's a theoretical tank in a person that needs to be cleansed when stress or sadness builds ups with you know, something fun to set a person's mental state back to neutral. You go through a lot of stress and sadness, and you get some hapiness and fun in return. Me? Stress and sadness builds up after constant depression and exams. Now it's break time! How will it work? Neutrality...neautrality...neutrality...oh look school has started again back to 4 months of stress! Did I cleanse that sadness and stress with fun? Nope. So it has just built up and stayed...
I may come back and revise this reply since I just woke up in the middle of sleep and I am half awake.

The stuff you complain about is totally in your control to change. Instead of coming home and being plastered to your couch, go out and experience something. After the gym don't go straight home, go for a walk. Go to the movies. Join an active organization at your school. Go to the beach/lake/river. Sounds like you need to go out and make experiences happen. You can play smash any time you want, so play it when you are in bed getting ready for sleep or something. You can't sit on your couch all day waiting for something worthwhile to happen. Life is not like the movies. An adventure is not going to fall on your lap while you are just sitting there playing games. You have to make things happen if you want to feel different.

Anyways, I hope that didn't come off as harsh because I did not mean it to. And I'm sorry if it was not written with much eloquence. My eyes are still burning from being tired so I'm going back to sleep. Go out and do something tomorrow. Put smash down, it'll be there when you get back. Have a wonderful day :).

Edit: I'm awake now. And there is not much I'd change that I wrote. A lot of gamers tend fall into this hole and end up isolating themselves from the rest of the world. I'd tell them the same thing I told you; its up to you to change your situation.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Main rig won't start because my motherboard is not working because of static... :ohwell:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Lots of family drama. While my lack of a full time well paying job had been an issue for 2 years, my parents are letting me wait on a response from the navy about officer training school. If that doesn't work out, I'll have to see if I can get into a computer science boot camp. While I'm not very interested in the latter, I find it a much better option than continuing being a part time worker at retail.

Biggest family issue right now is my brother being stubborn. He quit a well paying full time job for a part-time basically paid internship and lied about the position and pay to my parents. He also got into a fight with his wife because of the situation. Now she has to support him financially. They just bought/rented a place, but my brother just lost a big source of income. They are also moving out by tomorrow. Brother is blaming all his issues on everyone but himself, and having to hear everything from my room makes me unhappy. He threatened divorce, and doesn't seem willing to compromise. He wants to move to a different state to get a better job, and he wants his wife to quit her job just to follow him if he's able to get a job out of state. Basically he's being self-centered and controlling.

While marriage does require sacrifice, there should be a lot of compromises involved. She can't sacrifice everything for him just so he can do what he wants. He has to make sacrifices as well. My views on marriage is that it should be a two way thing where both partners love each other and are willing to make sacrifices for the sake of each other. They need to learn how to get over disagreements, and I think my sister-in-law is doing a better job at being selfless than my brother is. I've seen her make much more compromises and sacrifices. I feel bad for her.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lots of family drama. While my lack of a full time well paying job had been an issue for 2 years, my parents are letting me wait on a response from the navy about officer training school. If that doesn't work out, I'll have to see if I can get into a computer science boot camp. While I'm not very interested in the latter, I find it a much better option than continuing being a part time worker at retail.

Biggest family issue right now is my brother being stubborn. He quit a well paying full time job for a part-time basically paid internship and lied about the position and pay to my parents. He also got into a fight with his wife because of the situation. Now she has to support him financially. They just bought/rented a place, but my brother just lost a big source of income. They are also moving out by tomorrow. Brother is blaming all his issues on everyone but himself, and having to hear everything from my room makes me unhappy. He threatened divorce, and doesn't seem willing to compromise. He wants to move to a different state to get a better job, and he wants his wife to quit her job just to follow him if he's able to get a job out of state. Basically he's being self-centered and controlling.

While marriage does require sacrifice, there should be a lot of compromises involved. She can't sacrifice everything for him just so he can do what he wants. He has to make sacrifices as well. My views on marriage is that it should be a two way thing where both partners love each other and are willing to make sacrifices for the sake of each other. They need to learn how to get over disagreements, and I think my sister-in-law is doing a better job at being selfless than my brother is. I've seen her make much more compromises and sacrifices. I feel bad for her.
I don't really have a response to this because you seem to have a good grasp on the sacrifices and compromises that your brother should also be aware of. If I read what you said correctly, he did not inform his wife about this big step in his career? If that is the case, then that was totally wrong on his part and his wife has every reason to be upset. Your parents should not be too mad at him since he is a grown man. It sounds like your brother is being very selfish and he is making his relationship very one-sided. That is not fair to her. It should have been discussed before he made any drastic changes that directly affects both his and his wife's life.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't really have a response to this because you seem to have a good grasp on the sacrifices and compromises that your brother should also be aware of. If I read what you said correctly, he did not inform his wife about this big step in his career? If that is the case, then that was totally wrong on his part and his wife has every reason to be upset. Your parents should not be too mad at him since he is a grown man. It sounds like your brother is being very selfish and he is making his relationship very one-sided. That is not fair to her. It should have been discussed before he made any drastic changes that directly affects both his and his wife's life.
He discussed it with her, but I think he lied about the pay and the type of job it is.

Edit: And thanks for the compliment about me having a good grasp. Ironically I've never been in a dating relationship.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He discussed it with her, but I think he lied about the pay and the type of job it is.
If that's the case, then it is even worse than not discussing it because he betrayed her trust.
Edit: And thanks for the compliment about me having a good grasp. Ironically I've never been in a dating relationship.
You'll make a good spouse one day.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Moved out today, super happy, but also gonna miss my family. On the other hand, this place is great and relatively quiet (he says a fire engine blares down the street).

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Moved out today, super happy, but also gonna miss my family. On the other hand, this place is great and relatively quiet (he says a fire engine blares down the street).
It is always a great feeling when you are able to get out on your own and support yourself. Does your family at least live nearby?

Shouldn't this be in the Happy thread though? Sounds like good news to me.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
It's a bit of both, but here at the moment because I really miss my family. I know I'll get used to it, but it feels so surreal right now.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Oh, woops. Yeah, they're about an hour and a half away (assuming that counts as nearby; too far to go for a casual visit, at least).

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, woops. Yeah, they're about an hour and a half away (assuming that counts as nearby; too far to go for a casual visit, at least).
At least they are still a drivable distance away to go visit on the weekend or something. You'll get used to it. Do you plan on getting a roommate or anything?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Probably not, it's just me and my quaker parrot, at least for a long while. Mostly because I'd rather know someone really well before moving in, and the fact that this is a one bedroom (which the bird ends up getting, amusingly enough) doesn't help either.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Probably not, it's just me and my quaker parrot, at least for a long while. Mostly because I'd rather know someone really well before moving in, and the fact that this is a one bedroom (which the bird ends up getting, amusingly enough) doesn't help either.
Aww he's/she's cute. Yeah you don't want to have a stranger move in. Well good luck with your new place, I'm sure you'll enjoy being on your own and the privacy you will have now. Besides the parrot always watching.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My stomach is still kinda turning since I drank some machine-tap Vitamin Water in the theater yesterday. Uuuugh. Remember, bottle or not at all.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
My stomach is still kinda turning since I drank some machine-tap Vitamin Water in the theater yesterday. Uuuugh. Remember, bottle or not at all.
I drink tap water at times and from my experience i haven't got sick.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I drink tap water at times and from my experience i haven't got sick.
It's like flavored water I guess? With more vitamin benefits. But when it's in a machine that dispenses drinks, I guess they add something that wrecks your digestive system

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Last time I ever order extra cheese on my pizza.

Top Bottom