• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Thanks, I'll get over it sooner or later. Living with a 5 year old niece is difficult because I always get blamed for her shortcomings and when she doesn't get her way, she calls me 'mean' (which is typical for a 5 year old, I know) but it gets worse when my parents automatically take her side without hearing my side of the story.
Why do parents do this?

I am really sorry that you have to deal with this.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Well you shouldn't believe that. No one is ever above nor below anyone else. Your sister has her skillset and traits and you have yours. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
Not until you see her onestock me again because she's so ****ing perfect. I think the only thing she isn't good at is geometry. Which isn't saying much because I struggle with algebra, which is supposed to be easier than this!

I've come to accept that some are created superior in this stupid little world.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Not until you see her onestock me again because she's so ****ing perfect. I think the only thing she isn't good at is geometry. Which isn't saying much because I struggle with algebra, which is supposed to be easier than this!

I've come to accept that some are created superior in this stupid little world.
Hmm. Well maybe later on in life when you both move out you'll see you have just as much in you as your sister. Yeah siblings suck sometimes and parents do have trouble with favoratism. You just gotta be strong and tough it out for the time you have to deal with it. Suicide won't answer anything. If anything it'll give your sister leverage in the afterlife if you believe in one.

Try to be the bigger person and I think you'll prove to your family one day how wrong they are about you. That is what fuels me anyway. When someone tells you that "you can't" and it makes you angry, think of the amazing feeling you'll get at seeing thier expression when you prove them wrong.

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Hmm. Well maybe later on in life when you both move out you'll see you have just as much in you as your sister. Yeah siblings suck sometimes and parents do have trouble with favoratism. You just gotta be strong and tough it out for the time you have to deal with it. Suicide won't answer anything. If anything it'll give your sister leverage in the afterlife if you believe in one.

Try to be the bigger person and I think you'll prove to your family one day how wrong they are about you. That is what fuels me anyway. When someone tells you that "you can't" and it makes you angry, think of the amazing feeling you'll get at seeing thier expression when you prove them wrong.
What's funny is we're twins. Yet we're absolutely nothing alike.

For example, in Smash she prefers fast character like Pikachu and Fox. As for me, I like 'em floaty.

Since fast characters are always top tier, I think that's why she's beating me.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
What's funny is we're twins. Yet we're absolutely nothing alike.

For example, in Smash she prefers fast character like Pikachu and Fox. As for me, I like 'em floaty.

Since fast characters are always top tier, I think that's why she's beating me.
That could very well be it. XD

If you really want to beat her a smash then just practice more than she does. I don't know much about melee so I can't help a whole lot there.

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
That could very well be it. XD

If you really want to beat her a smash then just practice more than she does. I don't know much about melee so I can't help a whole lot there.
It's actually the first game.

I do main a top tier, but still, Kirby has a rough matchup with Pikachu.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
It's actually the first game.

I do main a top tier, but still, Kirby has a rough matchup with Pikachu.
Oh, 64. He I know next to nothing about that game. Good luck with beating your sister though! :seuss:

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Looks like I'm not the only one here that has family issues...

I am the "accident" of the family
So I get the "you don't exist" treatment

D

Deleted member 269706

Ugh, I always hated it when people said, "I was never enough" or something along the lines of that. I always thought it was among the stupidest phrases out there, if not at the top of the list. Anyone who thought it was just dumb or silly...And now that's the only phrase that can even describe what I'm feeling. Isnt it funny how insensitivity tends to stab us in the back?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Ugh, I always hated it when people said, "I was never enough" or something along the lines of that. I always thought it was among the stupidest phrases out there, if not at the top of the list. Anyone who thought it was just dumb or silly...And now that's the only phrase that can even describe what I'm feeling. Isnt it funny how insensitivity tends to stab us in the back?
I don't know the situation but whatever happened try to use that to make next time a victory. Just keep on moving forward. :shyguy:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My friend told me about a job that became available at his work and it looked like a good opportunity

I had the right experience and all that

He told me the emails for people were sent out today, and asked if I received one

...whelp, looks like I didn't make it. They were sent out today, and I didn't get one

D

Deleted member

Jealously is an awful feeling and I hate it. I'm sick of being jealous of other people.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
My top 3ds screen began malfunctioning today, gotta find time to go to gamestop and cash in on my warranty.

There is no warm water in my apartment. Gotta put in a maintenance order.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am having such a terrible time trying to figure out DOSBOX

It's in directory Z:

Which I didn't even know existed

It would be a simple task if I could just get it to look through C:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just found out my father has COPD...is it fatal? Because if so and combined with his history of (now treated) prostate cancer and Parkinson's and almost dying from gallbladder stones two years ago...I fear he might not have long to live. :crying:

After my last failed relationship, I had hoped he would at least be around for when (and if) I ever get married and/or have a kid. He's been through the bigger milestones of my life though like graduating college. But...dammit I'm still not ready for the thought of losing him :crying: I still think 26 is too young to lose a parent. Doesn't help that both of my parents are elders...

-edit- spoke to dad. He says it's not true but I really need to know the truth from mom as she said it to someone that he had COPD, which may or may not be true now, in a phone call. If she's just casually throwing that term around not knowing how serious it is I swear

-edit 2- he does indeed have COPD but it's not as bad as how my late grandmother had it and he's managing it. But still...

Last edited:

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I somehow got premium membership today. This should be happy but I feel I don't deserve it. I'm rather new, and haven't done anything to write home about on this board.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I somehow got premium membership today. This should be happy but I feel I don't deserve it. I'm rather new, and haven't done anything to write home about on this board.
I have seen some members getting premium on the day they have joined.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the worst days of my life

One bit of it - The person using my work station before me at work had an eye infection and was leaking green slime out of it all over everything. Good thing they decided to tell me and disinfect the area...3 hours after I already worked using everything

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I was late for work today because I was up last night baking a chicken for breakfast and lunch today. I got to serve myself this morning and I find the plastic gilbet bag s in there. I do some research and learned I can't eat the chicken now because the plastic bag melted so the chicken is now contiminated with harmful chemicals. This really pisses me off.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The moment when people give you the advice "If "x" person wanted to talk with you, they'd message you. So you don't message them and you realize they really aren't going to message you.

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
The moment when people give you the advice "If "x" person wanted to talk with you, they'd message you. So you don't message them and you realize they really aren't going to message you.
Exactly my life.

2thesky

Smash Cadet
Hey, everyone. I'm new to this site and the Smash community as a whole. But I saw this thread and thought maybe I could get some help.

My life is literally falling apart at the seams. Everything I've ever worked towards is gone, my family is seperated and hates each other. My dad was never there for me, and when he finally came around. He was nothing but a scumbag who doesn't care about me or what happens to me. I've been trying to pull myself out of this hole of partying and drugs that I've dug myself into. I'd like to go into more detail about this if anyone out there would be cool enough to talk to me about it. Cause no one here cares enough to give me even a second to talk about my problems, even though I take the time out of my day to listen to their woes and worries. I have no one who likes the things that I do, plays the games that I do, listens to my kind of music, watches the movies I like to watch. I'm a black sheep in just about everything.

On a side note, is PMing possible on here? I'm pretty clueless on a lot of this.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Hey, everyone. I'm new to this site and the Smash community as a whole. But I saw this thread and thought maybe I could get some help.

My life is literally falling apart at the seams. Everything I've ever worked towards is gone, my family is seperated and hates each other. My dad was never there for me, and when he finally came around. He was nothing but a scumbag who doesn't care about me or what happens to me. I've been trying to pull myself out of this hole of partying and drugs that I've dug myself into. I'd like to go into more detail about this if anyone out there would be cool enough to talk to me about it. Cause no one here cares enough to give me even a second to talk about my problems, even though I take the time out of my day to listen to their woes and worries. I have no one who likes the things that I do, plays the games that I do, listens to my kind of music, watches the movies I like to watch. I'm a black sheep in just about everything.

On a side note, is PMing possible on here? I'm pretty clueless on a lot of this.
Yes, PMing is possible here

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Spent my time working toward a degree that's useless

Failed love

Failed attempts at getting a better job

Early this year I was so intent on writing my book that I've wanted to for a while. But after all the other problems started coming up I haven't really worked on it since. Even if I do finish it, it's not like it would be some super popular thing people like - at most it would be a personal achievement.

I don't know know what to do anymore.

I'm sick of this stagnation. I thought I was actually advancing my life this year. That I could actually achieve something...

Last edited:

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
My mom lost something that's so important for my choir class.

She's so ****ing irresponsible. How can I tell my choir teacher?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Well I just found out something that ruined my day. Got an F on my math test in college. As if I didn't have enough to deal with.

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Well I just found out something that ruined my day. Got an F on my math test in college. As if I didn't have enough to deal with.
Can't be as bad as getting nonstop Ds every test you take.

You'll get better grades, I'm sure. You're actually smart.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
So, do we post something unhappy here? Very well.

21 years old and I never had a girlfriend despite having a great personality, being pretty decent looking and other positive traits.

Then again, I never try and hit on girls due to fear of being already taken and other such things. I might need some outside influence...

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615

21 years old and I never had a girlfriend despite having a great personality, being pretty decent looking and other positive traits.

Then again, I never try and hit on girls due to fear of being already taken and other such things. I might need some outside influence...
We share the same fear...

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Saw my work schedule today, found out I'm working 8 sodding days in a row.

...Bring it on...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Try being 30 without having a girlfriend ever

That'll be in 5 months

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Try being 30 without having a girlfriend ever

That'll be in 5 months
I know a guy who didn't have his first girlfriend until 36. He ended up marrying her. She's younger than him too.

I'm unhappy because I don't know in which direction I should take my life...career-wise.

Last edited:

Darth Tobito

Smash Cadet
NNID
darth_tobito
I'm glad I found this thread because I needed a place to vent how I felt about today. My grades in college are kinda eh right now along with me just not knowing what to do career wise. This girl I thought I hit it off with just randomly stopped replying to me so that kinda sucks. I like to play Smash as a way to feel better but after getting bodied by all my friends during the past week, I've been considering dropping my main because I'm just so prone to SDs and it's taking a toll on my mentality when playing.

I feel like I don't know where to go in any aspect of my life right now; be it love, work, or hobbies. My job sucks in both the work and pay because I get so few hours and a lot of work to do during that time. I'm almost constantly broke and I've been wanting to move out for a while now. Going on 21 soon and I'm on the no girlfriend train.

So there's that.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it ok to just not take any action if you don't know what action to take?

D

Deleted member

Now that you mention it, this is one of the problems I've been getting as of lately.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Now that you mention it, this is one of the problems I've been getting as of lately.
Same. On Steam, it's usually me who starts the conversation; my friends rarely start the conversation for me. The only exception to this is when they want to show me something. Is it really too much to ask for the interest in talking with me to be returned?

Top Bottom