• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
I feel like the world has broke me

I used to have ideas, passions, I used to believe in things

Now I just assume I'm wrong

Everything about me is wrong

I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do, or what I'm suppose to care about anymore

I kind of feel like doing nothing but sleeping

I don't want to die, but I don't really want to live anymore either.

I just want to sleep
I feel u man

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

I just want to sleep
god I know this so well.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Oh what kind of art?
currently im attempting to sign onto a game development team for a really cool indie game so i can do concept art + i run a small business and do prints and commissions of standard illustration stuff (LOTS of fan art) and yugioh/tcg playmats and stuff

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I didn't know she put out easy. She showed no signs of it at all. And the other guy was a close friend who did it "just cause"
should've been more direct if you were trying to get laid.

if you don't make your moves on a girl fast, you'll fall in the friendzone.

First mistake. Don't crush on a girl. If you're in the friendzone, just show no interest in her. Actually just be a friend. or, just don't give a **** either way, and if she denies you, Oh well. Move on. Don't actually get feelings for a girl if there isn't anything between you two. This will prevent feelings from being hurt.

For actually hitting on her, you need to be direct but not too direct. You need to ease into it, and then just do it.
This is easier. FWB is great, no obligations or anything. And, you can be in the friend zone and still do this. Just be direct and ease into it. I've seen/had this happen with newly met friends and close friends. It's actually a really simple thing to do.

Now, do I condone this? Absolutely not. Will I inform/help you? Absolutely.

Ask me if you need further explanation, it's late and I feel like I'm not explaining this in a proper way.

I just want to sleep
Don't worry man. Keep your head up. The world isn't as bad as it seems.

Think of it this way. If you say everything sucks, then everything will suck. But if you think about the things that don't suck, then they might not be so bad.

All about perspective.

I want Lil B to drop a new mixtape, but I don't think that'll happen for awhile.
#TYBG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I'm scared of the future.
I'm worried that things won't work out.
People around me are changing and I don't like it.
I'm not ready for what's coming.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
should've been more direct if you were trying to get laid.

if you don't make your moves on a girl fast, you'll fall in the friendzone.

First mistake. Don't crush on a girl. If you're in the friendzone, just show no interest in her. Actually just be a friend. or, just don't give a **** either way, and if she denies you, Oh well. Move on. Don't actually get feelings for a girl if there isn't anything between you two. This will prevent feelings from being hurt.

For actually hitting on her, you need to be direct but not too direct. You need to ease into it, and then just do it.
This is easier. FWB is great, no obligations or anything. And, you can be in the friend zone and still do this. Just be direct and ease into it. I've seen/had this happen with newly met friends and close friends. It's actually a really simple thing to do.

Now, do I condone this? Absolutely not. Will I inform/help you? Absolutely.

Ask me if you need further explanation, it's late and I feel like I'm not explaining this in a proper way.

Don't worry man. Keep your head up. The world isn't as bad as it seems

Think of it this way. If you say everything sucks, then everything will suck. But if you think about the things that don't suck, then they might not be so bad.

All about perspective.

#TYBG

I wasn't trying to get laid with that one girl. I was trying to establish an actual relationship with her. She apparently lost interest after a moved out of walking distance. Legit -.-

But I don't have problems with fwb for most girls. I think it's great actually, considering I don't have romantic feelings for 95% of women because they don't meet a certain standard of mine either in looks, personality, intelligence, or devotion, etc. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything, but as a bodybuilder attending medical school, I don't want to date the first thing I see. Yeah, I'm confidence yet have depression. Odd eh?

I've actually had a grand total of 20 flings in my life [if that's believable]. Half of those stayed consistant Fwbs. So I'm not new to the concept of obtaining it. Not all intercourse per say, but at least more intense than making out [Not getting into details but you know lol]. Truth be told...I'm scared of sex. I'm good with everything else though.

But anyways, girl #2 is gone for good now. Sad. Fortunately I did do good on my midterm today, so I'm just looking forward to the club on Friday to meet new women.

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
currently im attempting to sign onto a game development team for a really cool indie game so i can do concept art + i run a small business and do prints and commissions of standard illustration stuff (LOTS of fan art) and yugioh/tcg playmats and stuff
You mind if I take it to PMs?

I have questions that would be off-topic to this thread of woe.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This is an oxymoron xD
I'm confused...are bodybuilders usually associated with not having confidence? Because they seem just as/less confident as anyone else.

I mean, I'm not afraid to do pretty much anything [asides from well, intercourse due to risks of pregnancy]. I did just onto a stage during a live rave just because in a group of 1000. Also I'm the only one out of my friends who can meet women at clubs without excessive drinking. So I say it's a start.

I also hope it doesn't rain Sunday...I love rain 99% of the time, but if it does I will be saddened after my hard work on the midterm. Hiking is my reward essentially.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm confused...are bodybuilders usually associated with not having confidence? Because they seem just as/less confident as anyone else.
I mean I'm not saying anything about you it was mor just a general joke, but yes, bodybuilders (specifically today's generation) are tremendously insecure more often than not.

Many often start for the reason of being bigger than others rather than to achieve a better sense of physical health for themselves. I mean wanting to be bigger doesn't necessarily boil down to a competitive sense of vanity, but the jibes that bodybuilders often throw out towards those with healthy, athletic frames such as wow what a skinny ***** (as in cat), dudes got no legs bro no traps do you even lift?

They also often like to run down other bodybuilders and point out what they're lacking and how their physique is oh so wrong, rather than encourage and praise the result of obvious effort and dedication, even if it isn't perfect (often the physique is superior anyway and it stems from jealousy). Putting down others like that generally stems from insecurity and the fitness/bodybuilding community has it in spades. It's why you see guys piling on the plates on simple isolation exercises that place more emphasis on form and contraction, because everybody in the gym has to see how much they can lift, and can't be looking like a ***** in front of all these people yo.

Sorry that was more than I meant to say, I just kinda don't like the whole community surrounding fitness/bodybuilding and it's mentality these days. It's so unsupportive and catty, it's literally like watching supermodels backstage.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I just lift for health. I don't have any condescending attitude towards others or anything.

Chinaux

Smash Ace

I mean, I'm not afraid to do pretty much anything [asides from well, intercourse due to risks of pregnancy]. I did just onto a stage during a live rave just because in a group of 1000. Also I'm the only one out of my friends who can meet women at clubs without excessive drinking. So I say it's a start.

I also hope it doesn't rain Sunday...I love rain 99% of the time, but if it does I will be saddened after my hard work on the midterm. Hiking is my reward essentially.
http://boards.4chan.org/fit/
see for yourself

Last edited:

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
I like to hit the gym because it gives me more confidence and releases endorphins that help keep me from getting sad.

Obviously, I don't do it enough otherwise half my post count wouldn't come from this thread.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I like to hit the gym because it gives me more confidence and releases endorphins that help keep me from getting sad.

Obviously, I don't do it enough otherwise half my post count wouldn't come from this thread.
DYEL brah?

D

Deleted member 269706

To put my two cents in: It's stupid to stereotype everyone who goes to the gym as a self-conscious and/or insecure jack-ass. I mean, working out feels good, regardless of who you are. Who doesn't like seeing improvement or feeling fit? And come on, being active just feels good. Testosterone release and such, it's good for you and your mind. It's not good to get caught up in, but just going to the gym as a hobby shouldn't be looked down upon.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
To put my two cents in: It's stupid to stereotype everyone who goes to the gym as a self-conscious and/or insecure jack-***. I mean, working out feels good, regardless of who you are. Who doesn't like seeing improvement or feeling fit? And come on, being active just feels good. Testosterone release and such, it's good for you and your mind. It's not good to get caught up in, but just going to the gym as a hobby shouldn't be looked down upon.
Honestly if I were ripped like Zyzz or something I'd show it off. It's like winning a championship of life. I find nothing wrong with being an asshole because you're ripped. You still will have your insecurities just like everyone else. And anyways, it's healthy.

D

Deleted member 269706

Honestly if I were ripped like Zyzz or something I'd show it off. It's like winning a championship of life. I find nothing wrong with being an ******* because you're ripped. You still will have your insecurities just like everyone else. And anyways, it's healthy.
I agree with almost all of that. Hell, I know I wouldn't be quiet about it if I looked like him. Sure, it's annoying when people get too obsessed with it, but if someone works for something like that, whose to stop them from being proud? And as you said, people are people, they will be insecure about something. If working out (casually or hardcore) helps those insecurities go away, then it shouldn't be shunned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
To put my two cents in: It's stupid to stereotype everyone who goes to the gym as a self-conscious and/or insecure jack-***. I mean, working out feels good, regardless of who you are. Who doesn't like seeing improvement or feeling fit? And come on, being active just feels good. Testosterone release and such, it's good for you and your mind. It's not good to get caught up in, but just going to the gym as a hobby shouldn't be looked down upon.
I think you missed the part where I said more often than not, rather than making the generalisation, but then what's new with people?

Also, speaking as someone who goes to the gym regularly, I'm not just throwing **** from the other side of the fence. :/

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I agree with almost all of that. Hell, I know I wouldn't be quiet about it if I looked like him. Sure, it's annoying when people get too obsessed with it, but if someone works for something like that, whose to stop them from being proud? And as you said, people are people, they will be insecure about something. If working out (casually or hardcore) helps those insecurities go away, then it shouldn't be shunned.
I honestly don't have much sympathy for people who are obese/fat. Sure it's hard to lose weight but if you actually cared about it, you'd do it. It's hard. We all know it, but honestly most of it is just getting off your ass and doing it.

Also, it's a natural human trait to want to be proud and mighty. Take Zyzz or Jeff Seid for example, they're both really good looking and are(were for zyzz's case... RIP) proud to be that alpha male with everyone's dream body. It's like how people display their Master's degree or trophies.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I honestly don't have much sympathy for people who are obese/fat. Sure it's hard to lose weight but if you actually cared about it, you'd do it. It's hard. We all know it, but honestly most of it is just getting off your *** and doing it.
You're sixteen.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Also, it's a natural human trait to want to be proud and mighty. Take Zyzz or Jeff Seid for example, they're both really good looking and are(were for zyzz's case... RIP) proud to be that alpha male with everyone's dream body. It's like how people display their Master's degree or trophies.
Being proud of your achievements has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Treehugger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6020-2201
Dogsitting puppies 40+ hours a week in-between finding work has driven me on the brink of a breakdown. This is SO not a man's job. My stepsister is a professional compared to me. Our family lives around 1,000ft up in the rural country so visiting civilization is rare without your own transportation.

Cabin fever is real, people. Don't let it consume your mind. Get out as much as you can and enjoy life. It's a struggle but we cope.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You're sixteen.
He isn't wrong. I went from a high of 235 to 245 (though when I started actively dieting and working out I was closer to 211) last January to 170 by the summer through a dietary change.

Only in modern times is diet a verb. A diet is the whole of your intake, and if your diet includes EVERYTHING, you will be fat. I had some weird medical issues that made life really bad for me. I couldn't eat breakfast, and some foods would give me debilitating headaches and stomach cramps. I went through a surgery and a few endoscopies, and half-tried a gluten free diet. When I cut carbs substantially, I lost weight, and I got well--fast. Now, I have to eat breakfast, and I am down another 10 or so pounds, though I am working out more.

We live in this weird society that is afraid to blame people for their circumstances. Being obese is purely a life style choice. If it wasn't, stomach stapling and such wouldn't even be possible. The problem is food that is better for you doesn't taste nearly as good as food that is awful for you. Cooking for yourself is time consuming, but once I started to plan it in to every day, it wasn't so bad. Working out is hard too because your body wants to be weak and lazy.

This is a topic I feel pretty strongly about because I definitely did all the excuses. Since like the age of 14 or so I got really bad cluster headaches. I would always use food to assuage it, but that would be a band-aid. Or I would claim my blood sugar was crashing so I needed to get candy, when really I was just hungry and needed a high protein snack. I would also break diets because it was "killing me" to eat so little. When I ended up in my new diet, I was eating around 1200 calories a day, and feeling quite full because I ate foods that were filling.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
He isn't wrong. I went from a high of 235 to 245 (though when I started actively dieting and working out I was closer to 211) last January to 170 by the summer through a dietary change.

Only in modern times is diet a verb. A diet is the whole of your intake, and if your diet includes EVERYTHING, you will be fat. I had some weird medical issues that made life really bad for me. I couldn't eat breakfast, and some foods would give me debilitating headaches and stomach cramps. I went through a surgery and a few endoscopies, and half-tried a gluten free diet. When I cut carbs substantially, I lost weight, and I got well--fast. Now, I have to eat breakfast, and I am down another 10 or so pounds, though I am working out more.

We live in this weird society that is afraid to blame people for their circumstances. Being obese is purely a life style choice. If it wasn't, stomach stapling and such wouldn't even be possible. The problem is food that is better for you doesn't taste nearly as good as food that is awful for you. Cooking for yourself is time consuming, but once I started to plan it in to every day, it wasn't so bad. Working out is hard too because your body wants to be weak and lazy.

This is a topic I feel pretty strongly about because I definitely did all the excuses. Since like the age of 14 or so I got really bad cluster headaches. I would always use food to assuage it, but that would be a band-aid. Or I would claim my blood sugar was crashing so I needed to get candy, when really I was just hungry and needed a high protein snack. I would also break diets because it was "killing me" to eat so little. When I ended up in my new diet, I was eating around 1200 calories a day, and feeling quite full because I ate foods that were filling.
Wow. Great progress!! Is this with exercise/going to the gym or is this strictly diet? Either way, congrats.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am super lazy when it comes to exercise, so the best I do is jogging and bodyweight stuff. That said, it was pretty much all diet.

Treehugger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6020-2201

I just want to sleep
This is pure poetry.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Incorrect inference.

Last edited:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You could actually add substance rather than just writing two words and brushing everything off.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You could actually add substance rather than just writing two words and brushing everything off.
Metabolism and weight loss greatly differs among people of varying age groups, races, and family background. However, most notable of all these factors is individual income and quality of life. If I'm not mistaken, my retort of "You're sixteen" is addressed to the below statement:

Chinaux said:
I honestly don't have much sympathy for people who are obese/fat. Sure it's hard to lose weight but if you actually cared about it, you'd do it. It's hard. We all know it, but honestly most of it is just getting off your *** and doing it
Generally speaking, people who are younger have a faster metabolism and therefore have an easier time losing weight. Even if the poster is talking about people within the same age demographic, it shows an incredible level of ignorance combined with insensitivity by the poster insinuating that it's simply a matter of sufficient will power since children are largely dependent on their family to provide them with food choices and also suitable standard of living.

When components from a good standard home life are missing, coping mechanisms in the form of bad habits begin to show because children in high school have limited options. They often choose to consume snack food like chips or drink high sugar beverages because their parents don't have the time to cook for them full meals or they may not have sufficient food alternatives at home because both their parents may be working full time to achieve their standard of living.

Obesity is a problem, however the root of it often isn't centralized to weight gain itself. College students for instance gain weight when they are cramming for finals because they are completely time restricted and want to score as high as possible before they take any test. At the work place, you want to stay awake through a long and busy day and might go for a round of sugar in your coffee because you know that you can't pass out without your position being at stake. Stress itself is also a large factor towards contributing to weight gain, not to mention being listed as a potential trigger to oncogenetic factors.

It's laughable that someone at sixteen can openly state that they don't have sympathy for people who are unfortunately obese and unfortunately fat in addition to telling them that they are simply too lazy. If Chinaux is paying his own bills, paying money to make his own kale smoothies, making his own fruit baggies, preparing his own salads, and is a rebound individual who came back from being obese then I will state that I was being rude and obnoxious by telling him off like that. It's funny because similar reasoning is given by wealthy people (usually in finance/funds/accounting/business) when people complain about lower end jobs such as retail or restaurant workers.

"It's a bad situation, but if you didn't want to work in "x" then you should have worked harder."

Statements like this while holding some level of value are at its fundamentally untrue because they appropriate the issue with being one of relative effort when in fact the party lecturing and the part listening both suffer from the core issue which is a level of ignorance that prevents both parties from understanding: the objectives of the aggrieved party, potential roadblocks, and a viable long term game plan in order to transition to the next step.

On a resume you would never put down you are a 'hard worker' because everyone has the mentality that they work hard. Simply because being a 'hard worker' is not an actual piece of any puzzle that assist people in completing objectives and attaining goals, but rather demonstrates a flawed sense of understanding on how priority listing and objective clearing actually work in a real life setting.

The reason I brought this up is because it retroactively applies to losing weight, building muscle, or attempting to get anything out of life. When someone tells you to 'work harder' you should give them the middle finger and tell them to go **** themselves because they have basically told you to go **** yourself and there is no reason for you to take that **** unless you sense that they are trying to be genuine in helping you out.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Also personally speaking I'm not a fan of the whole, "Hey I'm an unsympathetic asshole about "x" group of people. They should honestly leg up and work harder."

What possibly needs to be elaborated in addressing a statement like this, much less why am I the only one to point out how fundamentally wrong it is for someone to come out in any sort of manner and state they are openly prejudiced against a group of people? Then they not only do they not stop there, but they proceed to patronizing said group of people as a general whole and then end their statement without offering a single caveat.

Not only that but you have posters that are relatively post-sensitive oblivious or possibly faux post-sensitive oblivious (we'll see what Crimson King says) and blanket-defend said comment without having any defense as to the actual comment. CK's rebuttal is more or less a typical forum trash comment, in which you use an issue as a means to make a post that you want to make. It's superficial **** posting: Yes Person B, I hate AIDS. Now let me tell you the story about how my friend got AIDS.

In the context of Chinaux's statement, what possible value does Crimson King's story possibly add? Am I left to assume that the frank agreement to Chinaux's statement means that the prejudice is justified because Crimson King himself is no longer a fattie and therefore his situation applies to all people that they too can be just like Crimson King? Really? Is that what I'm supposed to abstract.

How much elaboration should go into telling someone that they are being an asshole in a tasteful manner. I'd tell them to stop, but it's not worth it for me in most cases to waste my time telling someone they are being a douchebag because they likely already know and they will defend their behavior or they will turtle back and offer a caveat stating that they don't really hate on all people of a given group and that I'm in the wrong for calling them out.

Other people don't deserve your time or an elaboration because they don't give a **** about being considerate or giving you the time of day. And yes, an asshole will ask you to elaborate on your insinuating because they want you to tell them what a huge asshole they are being because at the end of the day they likely obtain some small sliver of happiness that they made someone miserable or wasted their time because they are an asshole.

Last edited:
Top Bottom