• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Machine: Metal Sonic-V1.5 finally UP!

marter

Smash Apprentice
I didn't want to triple post, but you people leave me no choice!

Where did all of the (constructive) criticism go?
My Brawl has been freezing, so I haven't tested yet, I'll give it a shot shortly, I've just got everything un-hacked again. Hopefully there won't be any freezes now and I can start re-hacking.

EDIT: My thoughts (so-far) on 1.4

The running animation seems really bad, when thinking of last version. It seems blurred, and jaggy. It appears to be trying to do both your animation and normal Sonic's.
Up Smash is much better, can no longer get people up to 50% damage. Not overpowered.
Hitbox for neutral A is odd, standing right beside an opponent, the punch only hits when coming back to Sonic's body.
Down grab and down taunt are the same, maybe change down taunt to an exact reverse of taunt up?
You already know about the Curry issue.
I think add a slight amount of weight and falling speed would balance him a bit more, as his recovery seems really good. (He is Metal after all.)
With Claws, Side tilt has most ending animations of Forward Smash, it should probably be something else. Right now, it seems it should be better than the smash, but just does less damage.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Running animation? But i didn't change it. I guess I'll look at it.
I'll make him heavier.
Any ideas on f-tilt?
I thought curry kills him now.

Forgot to say this before--did you know Metal Sonic shoots guns at 1.1 times (or around that) normal Sonic's speed?

and should I put this up on the PSA character Submission thread? I noticed there was another Metal Sonic, so I didn't.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Running animation? But i didn't change it. I guess I'll look at it.
I'll make him heavier.
Any ideas on f-tilt?
I thought curry kills him now.

Forgot to say this before--did you know Metal Sonic shoots guns at 1.1 times (or around that) normal Sonic's speed?

and should I put this up on the PSA character Submission thread? I noticed there was another Metal Sonic, so I didn't.
Yeah, the curry kills him. I'd call that an issue that you know about. Are you still trying to fix that?

The running animation... I forgot to download the motionpac file, so that is probably what is wrong with it on my game.

F-tilt, not really sure, but I'll look at some videos for ideas. Maybe just remove the 3rd part to it, and make only the first hit stun.

I'd keep this thread, as no mod has closed it yet. It wouldn't hurt to post it there, but it's easier to comment on one character if it has it's own thread.

I'd still like to see if the laser can be fixed to work with items, but it's much better that you know drop them.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you stand still, the claws grow. THey'll shrink again when you move.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
No, I tried all kinds of solutions to the curry problem.

in the end...
lose 1 life > freeze game
that's the way I fix things.

And I was going to make Metal Sonic more machine-like by making his side-taunt rotate his head 360 degrees and his grab make his hand launch off and grab you. Whaddya think?

Still thinking about putting this in the PSA character Submission thread...

marter

Smash Apprentice
No, I tried all kinds of solutions to the curry problem.

in the end...
lose 1 life > freeze game
that's the way I fix things.

And I was going to make Metal Sonic more machine-like by making his side-taunt rotate his head 360 degrees and his grab make his hand launch off and grab you. Whaddya think?

Still thinking about putting this in the PSA character Submission thread...
Hopefully someone will come along and help with the curry problem.

Side Taunt: That seems like a good idea, it would probably look good.
Grab: I'm not so sure, do we ever see his hand come off? It may be difficult to do as well. How would it work, would it bring them back to Sonic?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Most chars with compicated hands or feet (gloves & shoes) usually can detach them.
And with my experience in BrawlBox, this shoudn't be hard, unless Sonic can't part with his hands.

Wolf can, use that as you may.
Lucas's shoes can fly off of his feet without screwing up his legs.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Ok then, seems like a fine idea. Could differentiate him from Sonic even more. Once all/most of the issues get fixed, I could see this being one of the more prominent characters made from PSA.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Mr. Weegee, put the claw code in a subroutine and point each subaction to it. That way you dont have a huge filesize increase

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Tried the most recent version and I like it except for two things.
1. Regular A combo is really slow and sometimes gets interrupted during the transition from the first and second hits.
2. Aerial dodge is glitchy and can cause you to SD if you use it to close to certain types of solid ground (he gets pushed off the screen).

Besides that though he's quite fun to use. I liekz.

mdr

Smash Rookie
OK this is probably just me. but i can't figure out how to get any of the move sets i've downloaded ( minus one which a friend emailed to me) so if some one could point me in the right direction it would help alot. i really don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
OK this is probably just me. but i can't figure out how to get any of the move sets i've downloaded ( minus one which a friend emailed to me) so if some one could point me in the right direction it would help alot. i really don't know what i'm doing wrong.
Download the files in the first post.
goto your sd card
goto the pf folder
fighter folder
Sonic
????
Profit

marter

Smash Apprentice
Assuming all the codes and files are set up right, you just need to download the two files required, and place them in the right folder. Download version 1.4 and MotionPac, and put them in : SD/private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/fighter/sonic

Then boot it up.

If you want the texture as well, rename both files to fitsonic00.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Alright, V.1.5 up!
here's the changes:

down-taunt changed.
a-combo is faster.
he's heavier.
air-dodge changed back to normal.
side-taunt: he spins his head 360 degrees.
grab: he launches his hand off after you.
f-throw: his hand flies off while holding you. Then his hand explodes.
you'll need the new MotionPac.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Alright, V.1.5 up!
here's the changes:

down-taunt changed.
a-combo is faster.
he's heavier.
Epic, you fixed all of my complaints ^^ That already gets me liking this one.
Tried him out too. Love the new taunts as well as his rocket hands. This is definitely my favourite Sonic moveset to date. Moves are creative and fit well for Metal and he's not over powered or cheap. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the next version and I'll be keeping this one as my main Sonic until then. Keep up the epic work ^^

marter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, V.1.5 up!
here's the changes:

down-taunt changed.
a-combo is faster.
he's heavier.
Down Taunt - Does the job, but claws don't really have a translation period, looks like you took most of neutral B's animation.
Heavier - Good.
Air Dodge - preferred over the other one.
Side Taunt - Feet go completely flat, right away, and looks unnatural going from standing motion.
Grab - Really neat, but also really easy to abuse. Has incredible range, and can grab easily in the air, making recovery very hard. There should be an animation where the hand drags the enemy back to Sonic, instead of teleporting. Also, why does he do a little turn at the end if he doesn't grab anything?

Sound Effects: I'm not sure if you can do anything about them, but the most of the attacks have terrible sounds. (Specifically D-Smash without claws, Neutral B, and a couple other attacks where Sonic's voice is heard.)

Neutral B: Why not just use one of Fox/Falco/Wolf's lasers, and increase damage/knockback accordingly, that would fix the need to drop/waste an item.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Down Taunt - Does the job, but claws don't really have a translation period, looks like you took most of neutral B's animation.
Heavier - Good.
Air Dodge - preferred over the other one.
Side Taunt - Feet go completely flat, right away, and looks unnatural going from standing motion.
Grab - Really neat, but also really easy to abuse. Has incredible range, and can grab easily in the air, making recovery very hard. There should be an animation where the hand drags the enemy back to Sonic, instead of teleporting. Also, why does he do a little turn at the end if he doesn't grab anything?

Sound Effects: I'm not sure if you can do anything about them, but the most of the attacks have terrible sounds. (Specifically D-Smash without claws, Neutral B, and a couple other attacks where Sonic's voice is heard.)

Neutral B: Why not just use one of Fox/Falco/Wolf's lasers, and increase damage/knockback accordingly, that would fix the need to drop/waste an item.
I did take the Neutral B's animation, but it seems to work anyway.
Didn't the other air dodge have a few glitches? Well, I might look into that.
Everything but the head from the Side Taunt was taken from the first frame of Wait 1. It's hard to do otherwise.
I can fix the turn at the end of the grab, but I'm not sure if I can make it not grab people in the air. Would slowing it down work?

Ah, the sound effects. I would get rid of them, but I don't know what to replace them with. Of course, I could take them directly from another game, but I forgot how.

For the Neutral B, I don't think I can take Fox, Falco, of Wolf's laser. I'm still confused as to what swapping articles can or can't do.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm probably wrong, but I don't think Sonic can use those lasers at all.

marter

Smash Apprentice
I did take the Neutral B's animation, but it seems to work anyway.
Didn't the other air dodge have a few glitches? Well, I might look into that.
Everything but the head from the Side Taunt was taken from the first frame of Wait 1. It's hard to do otherwise.
I can fix the turn at the end of the grab, but I'm not sure if I can make it not grab people in the air. Would slowing it down work?

Ah, the sound effects. I would get rid of them, but I don't know what to replace them with. Of course, I could take them directly from another game, but I forgot how.

For the Neutral B, I don't think I can take Fox, Falco, of Wolf's laser. I'm still confused as to what swapping articles can or can't do.
Ok, mostly nitpicking anyways. I meant that I like the current Air Dodge more than the other one. Maybe just shorten the length of the grab, it is certainly slow enough. Then make it actually drag the enemy (if you can).

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet
yeah, the curry is a small bug, but my brother and I were playing with him, and he is so fun to use, plus his final smash isn't a *****. keep up the good work! ;)

Wario_man

Smash Cadet
He seems a bit slow, Metal Sonic struck me as the kind of character who'd be recklessly fast in any situation. And seeing the Sonic Movie added more to that, maybe power up his laser a bit too or allow him to fire one from his stomach, I think he could do that.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
this is...great beyond words! if only we could import metal sonic's model in which i understand may be soon! =D
We can currently import models that already have a MLD0 format into Brawl, we have been able to do this for quite some time.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
He is in mario and sonic at the olympic wintergames isn't he? I know those are .mdlo for sure.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
my friend mastaklo is working on metal sonic from winter olympic games... so yeah its possible and coming soon i guess

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
They don't have to be mdl0, as shown by RandomTBush's Team Fortress 2 imports.
That's different. That took tonnes of pointless hexing. He was just showing how much he understands the format, however, I think there IS a model builder coming out soonish.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
my friend mastaklo is working on metal sonic from winter olympic games... so yeah its possible and coming soon i guess
Is he gonna be using this PSA?

That's different. That took tonnes of pointless hexing. He was just showing how much he understands the format, however, I think there IS a model builder coming out soonish.
That should be nice.

Bionate

Smash Cadet
one of those guys you see jumping over stuff
i was refering more to kryal's model rebuilder thingy. i did hear though that the models from mario and sonic @ the olympic winter games (what a mouthful!) have some kind of issue with their polygons once imported particularly with the head being disjointed from the body and other odd stuff but yeah they are definitely mdlo files

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
All I can tell you is that they're somewhere in the MDL0 topic because I don't exactly remember what pages. One's a hack to get Bill's Hat onto Jigglypuff, and the other is the Mining Hat.

Though, this doesn't necessarily say that we have non-MDL0 importing working yet as it's still an entirely manual process. :(

EDIT: Found the mining cap: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9644698&postcount=2621

Airiotix

Smash Rookie
I love this unfortunately I can't get the second motion pac to download. On any computer or on either of the days I have tried.

Top Bottom