• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Link hookshots the top of the ledge so that when he is hanging, he will sweetspot the edge. Before he actually falls to hanging position, fox grabs the ledge. Than Fox just sits there waiting until Link hits A. Link doesn't grab the ledge because Fox is hanging on it, and than Fox simply hits down b as soon as he sees Link popping up.
That's not foolproof, Link can jump right after grabbing the ledge instead of waiting to fall into hanging position.

JFox

Smash Hero
That's not foolproof, Link can jump right after grabbing the ledge instead of waiting to fall into hanging position.
This is true, however, you leave yourself very vulnerable when you do this. But its a trade off...you just have to mix it up, but either way you're not safe.

And if your opponent sits on the ledge and keeps their invincibility, than that won't work. You would just pop up and get shine spiked anyway. So I mean it might catch them off guard a couple times, but ultimately its always going to be punishable. Its pretty much like any other recovery, you have to mix it up and hope for the best, theres no safe way of doing anything.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
This is true, however, you leave yourself very vulnerable when you do this. But its a trade off...you just have to mix it up, but either way you're not safe.

And if your opponent sits on the ledge and keeps their invincibility, than that won't work. You would just pop up and get shine spiked anyway. So I mean it might catch them off guard a couple times, but ultimately its always going to be punishable. Its pretty much like any other recovery, you have to mix it up and hope for the best, theres no safe way of doing anything.
Remember when you yelled at Inui for his character discussion in a thread where it didn't belong?</chop busting>

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Scar is the JFox of PA and JFox is the Scar of NJ on the boards. Both have extreme intelligence bout their states players and shutdown stupidity as soon as it's brought up. That's just my opinion :D

JFox

Smash Hero
Woah sensei, that was uncalled for....spelling bee mm? lolz

Scar is awesome.

oh and keitaro, that was pakman that pointed out the inconsistency of my behavior, not scar. But scar is awesome none the less. pakman too.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Sensei vs jfox in a spelling contest, got to see this. :) Jay, Coreys so good lol. I couldn't touch him today, granted I was tired, but dayum.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Woah sensei, that was uncalled for....spelling bee mm? lolz

Scar is awesome.

oh and keitaro, that was pakman that pointed out the inconsistency of my behavior, not scar. But scar is awesome none the less. pakman too.
I'm awesome.

(Pakman told me to post this.)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Tec0, peach is so beast, she can do so much technical stuff that I don't care enough to learn, cause shes peach. xD

Just for example tho, she can do any move out of shield, including down smash, I don't see anyone use that. :)

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure that doing non-float moves like D-smash out of shield would be far slower than just nairing out of shield. Its really not that fast, or that important.

Eggm

Smash Hero
It definitely is against like say a pillar, thats in shine range. Consider tho Dash back pivot shielding Ding the Ariel in your shield then they try to shine but are out of range then you down smash out of shield while they were hitting down to shine and they get *****, ryoko has done this to me. this is just one of MANY examples i can think of. :)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Foxes shine hardly stuns the shield at all, it definitely works vs him, and vs falco it works too, sometimes. xD You need better timing tho.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
hmm ill try

lately i have been picking peach for fun... lol

i have been trying to take her more seriously so me and bass can do peach/falco or if vanz joins double peach :chuckle:

Eggm

Smash Hero
I love/miss reik too. :( Lame... move back! Finish school already LOL. As long as he goes to pound 3, we'll all have our fill tho. xD Anyways, sadly treble will be in Germany for awhile starting tomorrow. :( Boo. :( Inui losing is just fine for you, more power to you, I personally hate losing, your the better man if you are fine with it. xD Anyways, I guess i'll change the crew thread title.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I love/miss reik too. :( Lame... move back! Finish school already LOL. As long as he goes to pound 3, we'll all have our fill tho. xD Anyways, sadly treble will be in Germany for awhile starting tomorrow. :( Boo. :( Inui losing is just fine for you, more power to you, I personally hate losing, your the better man if you are fine with it. xD Anyways, I guess i'll change the crew thread title.
I only hate losing to people I think I should beat.

JFox

Smash Hero
Treble, you will be missed. Make sure to post once in a while, I'll see ya on AIM. Have a great time, and next time you see me, you will be losing to me :) (lol, no)

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Same here.

Minus the "lol, no" part, though.
Man I'm getting sick of reading about how good you say you are in every post. plz stop making every post an advertisement of how "amazing" you are because you beat people playing bad or Marth with Sheik.

On a much happier note, Tec0 - I had mad fun playing with you when you visited Rutgers. You should come again sometime before winter break ;).

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Man I'm getting sick of reading about how good you say you are in every post. plz stop making every post an advertisement of how "amazing" you are because you beat people playing bad or Marth with Sheik.
Wtf? I haven't been doing anything of the sort. I'm just being confident. My matches with Treble have always been super close, so it could go either way.

Top Bottom