• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Truth behind the Mewtwo DLC: Cash Grab 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Really don't care.

You can't put a price tag on how much I want Mewtwo back.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I will enjoy the content, but crooked DLC practice is crooked, whether it's Capcom, Square Enix or even Nintendo.
How is this crooked DLC practice?
You get both versions, you get it for free
You get only 1? you gotta pay a couple bucks.
Only way it would be crooked was if you COULDN'T get him otherwise, or if they charged you like 15 bucks for a Mewtwo.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
People get pissed off when Capcom does on disc DLC, but apparently this is okay.
It's not on disc DLC. They're in the process of making it post production (of the 3DS version, Wii U in testing phase).

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Let me explain how he's a cash grab *pulls out Chalkboard and writes Cash Grab 101 on it*

Most people don't own both a Wii U and 3DS. Some people don't own a 3DS because you can get equally good games for cheaper on Mobile Devices, not to mention Mobile Devices pack more power then 3DS and Vita combined even for the weakest of mobile devices, comes with a bigger, HD screen (REAL HD) and on Android you can get emulators, further enhancing the quality of gaming on an Mobile Device. Any questions? No? Good, let's continue to part 2 *Erases 101 writes 102 in it's place*

Even less people own a Wii U. Wii U doesn't pack enough power for the general core gamer, not even close and the casuals Nintendo is targeting have moved onto Mobile Devices, not to mention most casuals still think Wii U is an accessory for Wii, the thing is barely advertised on TV due to PS4 and XboxOne (Mostly XboxOne) dominating the Commercial Market, with PS4 dominating the internet and sales.

Wii U, as good as it is, is subject to the fate that Panasonic 3DO, Turbografx 16 and Sega Saturn had: Being the obscure side console most people don't own. Though it won't sink Nintendo like The Dreamcast did to Sega, the Wii U's fate has been sealed. PS4 outsold Wii U in 3 months of being out compared to Wii U being out for a year and a half, even Nintendo has admitted to only being second best in console wars (Stay Classy Nintendo).

The Cheapest 3DS/2DS is the Gamestop Used 2DS at $120, The cheapest Wii U is $200 on Nintendo's website, but this isn't about Gamestop making money, this is about Nintendo making money, so $200+$20 in shipping and $130 for a 2DS. Plus shell out $44 for Smash 3DS (Tax included) and another $66 for Smash Wii U, that's effectively $460 DLC. So it's not free DLC and punishes the people who don't want a Wii U or 3DS.
Get over yourself man. Who cares?

What? Nintendo is a business? That is about making money?
No... stop.

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

Grovbi

Smash Rookie
From what Nintendo said on their Twitter, I'm pretty sure he can be purchased at a later date for players without both consoles. They're most likely just releasing him for free early as an incentive for players that purchased both games, so I wouldn't worry. I'd be more surprised if Nintendo didn't allow everyone to purchase him later, to be honest.

wingo

Smash Apprentice
Nobody is required to play the game at all, let alone own both versions. For crying out loud these games have an absolutely absurd amount of content in them, so it's a bit silly to begrudge Nintendo for giving people who have both versions a small bonus.

I bought a 3DS solely for Smash Bros, and I'm not mad at Nintendo over it. It was my decision, and I regret nothing. Smash is that good.
now how much money do i have to pay for an adventure mode?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm serious. What is wrong with you people, Do you guys really want to pay $460 Minimum? I tried being nice, but you guys are so dumb...I've seen smarter people on 4Chan.
You're saying that as if the sole reason a Wii U and 3ds have any use at all is to have Mewtwo in Smash
I, for one, have both already.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
It said that only for a LIMITED TIME PERIOD will owning both the 3DS and Wii U version will he be free. After that, will they just ditch him? No, they will of course make him a paid DLC character.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This is just a flame bait thread. Locked.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d by @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom