• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 most Likely Characters for Smash Bros. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yh but if said char dont get in because of Sakurai's opnion PeePz wont agree with him anyway and would be mad...but What Sakurai Wants Sakurai Gets....so...
People aren't gonna agree with him regardless, that's just how it is, no man can satisfy everyone, there's always gonna be some guy who complains that his gold isn't shiny enough. While I'd definitely be one of those guys if Ridley isn't announced, it's important to remember to appreciate that we already have a great roster imo, while it's sad that some highly requested characters will inevitably be left out, we'll still have plenty of amazing veterans, some which have even been refined and improved.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Also, my top 5 most likely characters, disregarding the current almost confirmed rumor about Pac-Man, Lil' Mac and Mii surfacing around, would probably go something along these lines:

1. Palutena
2. Little Mac
3. Mewtwo
4. King K. Rool
5. Ridley

But I feel kind of silly trying to predict Sakurai right now, with the announcement of Wii Fit Trainer and all.

Edit: Forgot Little Mac, and Chrom's chances are probably not that big either way.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Also, my top 5 most likely characters, disregarding the current almost confirmed rumor about Pac-Man, Lil' Mac and Mii surfacing around, would probably go something along these lines:

1. Palutena
2. Mewtwo
3. King K. Rool
4. Chrom
5. Ridley

But I feel kind of silly trying to predict Sakurai right now, with the announcement of Wii Fit Trainer and all.
Someone's confident....:)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My top ten. Yeah. I'm including the rumor guys because everyone is hell bent on it being true.

1. Little Mac
2. Pac-Man
3. Mii
4. Dixie Kong
5. Classic Link
6. Ridley
7. Palutena or Magnus
8. Chrom
9. Shulk
10. Mewtwo

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I know with the Villager and Trainer, most predictions seem much less relevant now. But oh well. Anyways here's my list. I'll update later. Yeah I put an extra in there.

1. Ridley: Seeing as how Sakurai did change his mind on the Villager and managed to find a way for the character to work, it seems possible that perhaps Sakurai found a way for Ridley to work regardless of size or whatever else. And this might sound no where near as relevant, but Bowser's model is standing more up right this time. So he is technically taking up more vertical space. So maybe Ridley might not seem as large to some this time around.

2. K. Rool or Dixie: Not sure which of these two is the more likely one, but both are popular, and are important parts of their franchise. K. Rool has does seem to have more fan support while Dixie was recently made relevant again. So if I absolutely had to guess, Dixie seems to have a very slight edge.

3. Chrom or Robin: Given that FE:Awakening is the most(or at least one of)financially successful of the Fire Emblem games, it seems almost like a no-brainer to add someone from that game. The only question I have is whether or not if Fire Emblem will have three reps in Smash or if we have to let go of Ike.

4. Someone else from Kid Icarus: I remember hear that Sakurai is normally modest about his own characters. Given that it has taken two games to get the two other important Kirby characters in Smash, that seems to be true. So its not super likely but, KI might get one rep at least. A lot of people seem to take a liking to that game and the characters in it, so maybe Sakurai will listen to said fans wanting more of those characters. As for who, I'd guess maybe Palutena, she seems to be the most popular amount most sites, even here. Again, not super likely but still possible in someway.

5. Lil' Mac: Eh, not much to say on Lil Mac. The guy's already a fighter. He could be very unique in that he only punches his foes. His NES games is still one of the most popular and recognizable. And if I'm not mistaken, the other two Punch-out games sold pretty well too. Nacmo's helping make Smash 4, more specifically, some of the guys behind Tekken are on board. He could possibly take inspiration from Tekken's Steve Fox. Heck, the dude was already an assist trophy in Brawl, so maybe that'll help in some very, very minor way. Also the rumor might be true and he'll finally be playable.

6. Someone else from Mario: If had to guess it would be Bowser Jr. or Toad. Both characters are popular and can offer something different in Smash. Toad could represent the new 2-D Mario games with various power-ups from those games like the Propeller Suit and Penguin Suit. While Bowser Jr. can use the Paintbrush, and acting as a very agile character, in contrast to his father who is more of a powerhouse.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think the top five most likely remain Little Mac, Takamaru, K. Rool, Ridley, and Palutena, probably in that order.

I'd love to throw Bowser Jr. in the running as well, but my fear is that, now, it's one of Bowser's selling points that he's a faster character. Despite his moveset and clone possibilities, I have trouble seeing them including Jr., who would overshadow his father in that regard.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Top 10?

Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii, Dixie Kong, Toad, Takamaru, Chrom, Palutena, Ridley (Other M version :troll:), and Mewtwo Éclair Forme :troll:
The only one I like in that list is Mewtwo Éclair Forme :troll:
And Little Mac and Palutena

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Woah. Think its weird that Mii and WFT are in. Not sure how I feel about that. Unless, of course, the Mii is like a customizable thing between the Wii U and the 3DS. Like a character that has no definitive set, and therefore not, like, a reaaal character.
That's kind of what most people are expecting (and what I predicted months ago ;)).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1. Little Mac (Dat Boxing Ring, pure speculation to me)
2. Miis (The customizing part of Smash?
3. Pac-Man (Partnership and the new TV series seems like a perfect execution)
4. Dixie Kong (DKC:TF)
5. Toad (SM3DW)
6. Palutena (KI:U)
7. Ridley (If Sakurai does listen)
8. Dark Pit (That twitter pic)
9. Mewtwo (Pokemon X and Y)
10. Chrom (Most likely candidate of FE)

iveriver

Smash Rookie
The five characters I feel are inevitable, realistic choices IMO are Mii, Little Mac, Chrom, Mewtwo (Awakened Form) and a rep from The Wonderful 101.

I really am not too sure about Pac-man.

User33

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Ridley's all that likely. King K Rool I think only has a chance if he's in Tropical Freeze.

And as much as I love Shulk and Xenoblade, it's not all that popular of a series.

Top 10 Most Likely in my Opinion: Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii, Chrom, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Toad, Takamaru, Palutena...can't really think of a 10th

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The five characters I feel are inevitable, realistic choices IMO are Mii, Little Mac, Chrom, Mewtwo (Awakened Form) and a rep from The Wonderful 101.
I don't really understand why people think a Wonderful 101 rep is so likely, just because it's a new series doesn't suddenly boost its chances, it all depends if Sakurai deems it worthy or not.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't really understand why people think a Wonderful 101 rep is so likely, just because it's a new series doesn't suddenly boost its chances, it all depends if Sakurai deems it worthy or not.
I just like the idea of them. A rep could be really fun gameplay wise. Yes. It's up to Sakurai to decide whether or not they're deserving though.

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
Not necessarily what I most want, so much as what I expect:

1. Takamaru
2. Palutena
3. Dixie Kong
4. Little Mac
5. Mewtwo

(I am very bearish on Ridley and K Rool, Dixie seems more likely. Mewtwo's chances exploded with the "eclair form" news; he'd be a likely compromise choice between promoting a new gen and revering a popular 1st gen – and Smash! – staple. Takamaru seems like a no-brainer to me as a retro character that Nintendo is trying to bring back into the fold, through his appearance in Nintendo Land, etc. Pit's prominence so far as a protagonist on the level of Mario, Link, Samus, Fox, etc. makes me think there's a likely second Kid Icarus fighter, and Palutena just seems more likely than Magnus or Medusa to me. Little Mac just seems really likely to me; he's a retro character who appeared as an assist trophy, and has been in a game that came out since Brawl. I didn't include any Fire Emblem characters, even though I expect there will be a new one, because there's enough of them that no single one stands out as a shoo-in. I also didn't include Pac Man because I think there's a real possibility that Namco would fight to put in Klonoa in order to promote future Klonoa games, and have Pac Man/ghosts as an assist trophy. I also see Mii as really likely but I refuse to include it out of principle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom