• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassio

Smash Master
Vinnie Diska was repeating a point Id made earlier but stated maybe a bit less clearly.
Sure, but the fact that the people vinnie beat might also be ignorant of the MU compared to the players Zelda mains have to deal with is also likely to be a factor. Not that surprise factor victories arent worth noting, but consistency is usually a bit more important making it a good idea to have results through several tournaments as well. The concern Id have is a talented player entering one tournament one time with an oddball character and securing wins this way. If theyre legitimately good with the character (compared to their peers) itll show through several tournaments like Allys been doing with pit.
Luxord: its a good thing dont need your mouth to type.

Cassio

Smash Master
Well the point is if Vinnie is as good with Zelda as some indicate then it wouldnt be a problem for him to pull out his zelda once in awhile, rack up a few good wins here and there, and show some consitency. Ally isnt even on the pit list and hes shown to have more consistent success than most people on it currently.
It's a good thing don't need grammar to type either, Tag. :applejack:
Yup.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I don't care about this list either, but it's funny how people automatically discredit me because of bias xD.

Well the point is if Vinnie is as good with Zelda as some indicate then it wouldnt be a problem for him to pull out his zelda once in awhile, rack up a few good wins here and there, and show some consitency.
No thanks. I like winning more than trying to use ****ty characters.

edit: Also, ROFL @ people saying my win on Cheese isn't good because I'm "expected to know how to fight ICs". That matchup is -3, wtf...

Tesh

Smash Hero
You guys need to realize that with horrible characters, there is far less to learn to reach that character's "top level". Its not as if any zelda mains are remotely close to Vinnie's skill level, nor any Pit main close to Vinnie or Ally.

Cassio

Smash Master
I dont think thats true, there just significantly less incentive for top level players to develop a character that will yield low results.

And Vinnie thats very understandable. The fear of using bad characters is that people learn the MU and losing becomes significantly more likely. My points been thats something a Zelda main encounters most every tournament they enter.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
[COLLAPSE="Don't infract me for this"]
[/COLLAPSE]

But seriously, no need to get so worked up over the Zelda list, if someone is better than vinnie, they'll pass him in no time. If anything, this should motivate all the other zelda mains to show their legitimacy if they care about being recognized.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
<3 you dcold, somebody else who knows the song

You guys need to realize that with horrible characters, there is far less to learn to reach that character's "top level". Its not as if any zelda mains are remotely close to Vinnie's skill level, nor any Pit main close to Vinnie or Ally.
Kira and Holy are as good as Ally (with Pit, close call there :awesome:), gtfo here with that nonsense. But I'll agree with the thing on zelda excluding ven and ED (ScaryLB#s)

But seriously, no need to get so worked up over the Zelda list, if someone is better than vinnie, they'll pass him in no time.
this

If anything, this should motivate all the other zelda mains to show their legitimacy if they care about being recognized.
What Kira's said like 5 times in this thread, if people don't believe you're top 5 material based off whatever conversations happen in here, go out there and bring back results that make you irrefutable.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
????
-why is ally mk #3??
his mk is 2nd only to m2k
-why is ally snake #2???
he's beaten everyone with it not to mention he practically invented alot of the meta game for snake
-why is player 1 5th best??? and vato in front?? LOL
-why is kismet 3rd best falco???
bc he ****ing deserves it.
-why is raz #5 on marth? he actually gets noted before Nike?
-why is killock #3? same reason kismet is.

:phone:

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
top 5 zelda list

0. DarkMucisian
1. Ven
2. Riot
3. Ed (ScaryLB)
4/5. Vinnie
4/5. Tutu (goes Sheilda, so technically he does also use Zelda)

Vinnie is a top 5 zelda idgaf. Cheese is (sadly) more of a notable win than someone else who'd contend for 5th.

DarkMusician forever

You go Meta Knight.
I have no love for a Sonic who does such a disgraceful thing. :applejack:
But you were coaching against me! If I went Sonic it'd be asking to lose. <.< AND I STILL WENT SONIC GAME 3.

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
wow..... going so try hard this summer, when school gets out next week I am going to re-learn every MU and **** everyone, falco only

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
ok iam pret shur i coul bet the dmvd i hav bet the captin awesum times twices so i hav a chance
IT'S A CHANCE for75$

edit:srry 4 typs english is my languge twice over

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Lol these lists are dumb, I don't believe it should matter whether you use a character in doubles or singles as long as you give the character representation. I've recently placed top 4 in 3 tournaments in a row using Luigi in doubles -- Winning one of the tournaments and placing 2nd at a REGIONAL (COT 6). It's dumb how people who are barely even active anymore get to be over someone who's consistently getting top 4 with a character in an event in one of the hardest regions of the tri-state. Which is why I don't think I'm going to care about this list anymore, I don't understand why I ever did lol. Good luck with perfecting your list guys.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
My wins are not amazing since I don't travel.

Recently wins consist of:

ASLM Hobo 38
Jnig Hobo 38
PJ Hobo 36, 37
RoyR (The last Sync's Battle Network)
Jerm Hobo 38

Only losing to either
Gnes (every tourney I face him in winners)
Denti (in the losers side of bracket)
Pwii (Hobo 38)

KageMurphy

Smash Master
You know why he went MK? Cause he didn't think he could cut it with Marth, save the excuses, its pathetic. Minty is not a top 5 Marth imo but with Neo retired and Kadaj being.... Kadaj... it is slim pickings.

:017:

M@v

Subarashii!
Still don't get how people can main marth/second mk together or vice-versa.

Mk is Marth just.... a lot better.

Only exception I can see is that you just like marth a lot better, whether its his playstyle, or being a fan of the franchise.

There's barely any marths not because marth is a bad character, but because mk is essentially the newer, much upgraded model.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ As a player of both characters, I heavily agree with EE and M@v. Marth either just doesn't cut it in some instances or MK is...easily the better choice.

/IceClimbers

M@v

Subarashii!
I play marth too, though I'm probably going to shy away from him again since its more mk legal than banned, especially in my region. Used him a little at apex and won a mk banned tourney with him too.

The big problem with marth is that although he has an amazing mu spread, his worst matchup is the most popular character in tournament play -_-

I won't be surprised if marth has ridiculously better results overall in mk banned tourneys than legal ones in the coming months.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
^ As a player of both characters, I heavily agree with EE and M@v. Marth either just doesn't cut it in some instances or MK is...easily the better choice.

/IceClimbers
Marth as a character has no MU's where he doesn't have the tools to win.

He definitely has disadvantages that are obvious, i.e. MK, Diddy (imo 6:4s). Other than ICs, I don't see anything else being even equal to that.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
My wins are not amazing since I don't travel.

Recently wins consist of:

ASLM Hobo 38
Jnig Hobo 38
PJ Hobo 36, 37
RoyR (The last Sync's Battle Network)
Jerm Hobo 38

Only losing to either
Gnes (every tourney I face him in winners)
Denti (in the losers side of bracket)
Pwii (Hobo 38)
It might be kinda useful to mention the character you play. That way, Ill knows which list to put you on XD

Neon!

Smash Lord
Solution to everything: each player's name on the front page links to their 5 most significant tourney win's this year.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
For my wins since Apex, Ive beaten Kadaj the last 2 times we played (with ROB yes chibo lol like my *** MK would get me anywhere), Kyon 2x, Chu, and Boss...thats it as far as people you've heard of. Ive lost to Logic 2x, Esam 2x, and Mekos once. At Apex I beat like...Z and YoshQ and Xzax, but they were MMs and thats about it. oh and Xzax mightve only been a dollar, chibo ask him for me...I dont remember too much from that tourney

Standard NC...coupled with me never traveling...leads to that ^^ idk I kinda wanna go to SKTAR now we'll see @.@ im broke af...

OH and I beat luckay in a MM as well...yay MMs
You won then lost to me twice in one tourney both bo5 sets o_0 then won at a different tourney

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Are people still arguing that Marth has match-ups worse than 40:60?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom