• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 25 old school smasher list

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Hey Smashers,

Long time no see or hear. I'm conducting a VERY IMPORTANT SURVEY that will help a future project that I'm doing. I need everyone's help, so to the smashboards moderators please don't take this thread down. The question I'm about to ask pertains to tournaments, hence being a tournament discussion worthy thread. So without further ado, Its survey time!!! I would like to know who do you think are the top 25 old school smashers of all time. Please respond with haste smashers.

Thanks,
Wes

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
In no particular order:

Ken
Azen
Chu
Isai
PC
Eddie
Darkrain
Vidjo
Drephen
Dope
Chillin
Wes
Mike G
Sastopher
Hugs
Wife
Korean DJ
M2K
Kish Squared
Tink
King
Forward
Captain Jack
Ek
Bombsoldier
Neo

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
In no particular order:

Ken
Azen
Chu
Isai
PC
Eddie
Darkrain
Vidjo
Drephen
Dope
Chillin
Wes
Mike G
Sastopher
Hugs
Wife
Korean DJ
M2K
Kish Squared
Tink
King
Forward
Eduardo
Captain Jack
Ek
Ranked:

1. Ken
2. M2K
3. PC
4. Chu
5. Azen
6. Darkrain
7. Korean DJ
8. Forward
9. EK
10. Dope

11. Eddie (gets a shoutout for dominating the midwest in the OLD OLD SSCHOOL TIMES)
12. ***** Wes (gets a shoutout for dominating NYC in the OLD OLD SCHOOOLL TIMES)

It's way to hard to make a top 25, I'm having trouble remembering the players and their placings.

strawhats

Smash Master
In no particular order:

Ken
Azen
Chu
Isai
PC
Eddie
Darkrain
Vidjo
Drephen
Dope
Chillin
Wes
Mike G
Sastopher
Hugs
Wife
Korean DJ
M2K
Kish Squared
Tink
King
Forward
Eduardo
Captain Jack
Ek
No Neo/Bombsoldier? That's what makes these lists hard, alot of deserving candidates. I agree with this list though.
Honorable shoutout to Kizzu (Brazilian Marth legend) and Jash (Young Link swag)

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Ranked:

1. Ken
2. M2K
3. PC
4. Chu
5. Azen
6. Darkrain
7. Korean DJ
8. Forward
9. Dope
10. Drephen

11. Eddie (gets a shoutout for dominating the midwest in the OLD OLD SSCHOOL TIMES)
12. ***** Wes (gets a shoutout for dominating NYC in the OLD OLD SCHOOOLL TIMES)

It's way to hard to make a top 25, I'm having trouble remembering the players and their placings.
You list is decent, but as far as me being placed there for me dominating, ONLY NEW YORK. I guess you didnt know how I ranked top 4 to 5 back in the days no matter where i went. got 5th at tg5, got 4th at fC3 or FC4 and I would either win teams in almost every tournament or place 2nd place to ken and isai's team. So overall I was did more than people like darkrain, forward, dope, drephen and eddie. And not to mention I trained PC Chris, hence him being the unstoppable force he has become. You can even ask him that, if you dont believe me. But once again good list and everyone keep the list coming.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
You list is decent, but as far as me being placed there for me dominating, ONLY NEW YORK. I guess you didnt know how I ranked top 4 to 5 back in the days no matter where i went. got 5th at tg5, got 4th at fC3 or FC4 and I would either win teams in almost every tournament or place 2nd place to ken and isai's team. So overall I was did more than people like darkrain, forward, dope, drephen and eddie. And not to mention I trained PC Chris, hence him being the unstoppable force he has become. You can even ask him that, if you dont believe me. But once again good list and everyone keep the list coming.
Actually took Drephen out of my top 10 and replaced him with EK, have to give a shoutout to a dude that consistently dominanted Europe for a good time frame. You and Eddie were both legit contenders for top 10 all time, however both of you are lacking in the national tournament wins category, which was a key requirement for my top 10. Dope is still in there because of that young midwest bias baby.

I'll actually sit down and think through a full top 25 later, ***** got work to do. My top 10 will prob change once i put more time and thought into my list as well so don't stress.

strawhats

Smash Master
lol....I was gonna say that I feel KDJ should be like behind Chu/Azen at least. Also Amsah deserves a special shoutout for dethroning EK back in like 2k6 and dominating Europe for a good 2.5 years. Not to mention beating CJ, and other notable Japanese greats.

Big_R

Smash Champion
HAHA he just asked for a survey then didnt liek trails response. ur not supposed to influence a survey wtf!

if it is supposed to be accurate and ur tryin to help then don't call it a survey

anyways mine will be

azen
chillin
chu
isai
ken
bombsoldier

welp i'm tapping out. props to hochi for going thru with this whole thing. i can just find holes in my own survey which makes this too hard. just go with like....crew battle ppl at fc3 or something mostly haha

Neji

Smash Cadet
I can't list a bunch of legends off the top of my head, but I can list a lot of players I respected for being mad good.

No Order

Ken
Azen
Chudat
TAJ
Chillen
Bombsoldier
PC Chris
KDJ
M2K
Kizzu
DaDave
King
Laff
Gimpyfish (not quite up there, but he was mad legit)
Scar (i dont know how many of you would consider him old school)
Darkrain
Isai
Captain Jack
Aniki
Hugs
Husband
Wife
Wes

Tha'ts about all the players I would like to name off the top of my head.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ken
Azen
Isai
Captain Jack
Darkrain
Wes
DA Dave
Bombsoldier
Chillin
PC Chris
Mew2King
KoreanDJ
Chu Dat
Ek
Eddie
Forward
Drephen
Vidjo
Sastopher
Mike G
Neo
DSF
Wife
HugS
The King

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
No order...this is what i was raised on in melee....

M2K
Ken
Azen
Cactuar
Chu
Isai
PC
Darkrain
Vidjo
Drephen
Mango
Chillin
Wes
Mike G
Gimpyfish
Hugs
Wife
Korean DJ
Dav3
Kish Squared
Tink
King
Forward
Zelagadis
Captain Jack
Bombsolider
DSF
NEO
Taj

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
psssh i beat your *** at MLG Chicago in like 2006, don't tell me how to make my list boi.

Mars-

Smash Champion
No order...this is what i was raised on in melee....

M2K
Ken
Azen
Cactuar
Chu
Isai
PC
Darkrain
Vidjo
Drephen
Mango
Chillin
Wes
Mike G
Gimpyfish
Hugs
Wife
Korean DJ
Dav3
Kish Squared
Tink
King
Forward
Zelagadis
Captain Jack
Bombsolider
DSF
NEO
Taj
lol .

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
No order.

DSF
KEN
M2K
ISAI
KDJ
C.JACK
FORWARD
HUGS
ANIKI
THE GERM
KING
PC CHRIS
CHUDAT
AZEN
DARKRAIN
HUSBAND
WIFE
VIDJO
BOMBSOLDIER
MR. PBODY
TAJ
TINK
SCAR(dunno if hes oldschool enought :p)
WOBBLES
CHILLIN

J666&Emily

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
y'all don't know about mother****ing Recipherous

frotaz37

Smash Lord
y'all don't know about mother****ing Recipherous
That's what I was gonna say.
He was the first good smasher I played with back in like 2002-2003, and he was definitely legendary status. He was a favorite to win a bunch of huge tournaments including multiple TGs.
Most people probably haven't heard of him though since he retired early.

Oh and how can we forget about the Sultan of Samitude? Not only were he and his brother Scamp a widely known and respected doubles team, he was also one of the west coasts best trash talkers back in the good old east coast vs west coast days. The guy also pretty much invented camping with Falco.

strawhats

Smash Master
no I know Recipherus, sheik main/Socal resident and was the big man on the scene even before Ken arrived. Was there along with Isai in Cali scarping up the competition.

LOL at Alex

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Mike G,Sastopher,Ken,Isai,Hugs,DSF,Eddie,Forward,Dope,Tink,Vidjo,Drephen,Darkrain,Azen,KDJ,Taj,Oro,Wes,PC Chris,Chu Dat,Caveman,KrazyJones,Rob$,Chillin,Anden,

Put it in commas and the such to avoid stretching page.

Van.

Smash Ace
I think it would have been funny if everyone conspiratorized to leave wes off all of their lists and then pretend that they hadn't heard of him.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
First smash video I ever watched, got me into the scene.

In no particular order, certain people are on there due to revolutionizing their characters metagame (for example Ken with Marth, King for Jiggz, Tipman for Ganon, Wes for Samus, KDJ/Amsash for Sheik, Ka-Master for Luigi, etc) certain people revolutionized the game (Reipherous, DA Dave, etc.,) Tournament wins (...Don't ask for all of them LOL)

Recipherous, Ken, PC Chris, Isai, Chu, Thomas Tipman, Wes, Sastopher, Korean DJ, M2K, Captain Jack, Amsah, EK, Drephen/Dope/Darkrain (The 3D's of the Midwest,) NEO, Chillin, Forward, King, Taj, Hugo, SilentWaffle, Ka-Master, DSF, Mike G, DA-Dave

Doubles: Ken/M2K, Azen/Chu, Husband/Wife, SS/Tang

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Ken
Azen
Isai
M2k
PC Chris
ChuDat
HugS
NEO
Mike G
Chillin
Wes
DA Dave
Vidjo
Eddie
Krazyjones
DieSuperFly
Caveman
Rob$
Recipherus
Sastopher
King
Husband
Wife
Drephen
Darkrain

USA.

SockNinja

Smash Journeyman
It seems like you ****ing ****s forget about Dre. I mean ME MOTHER****ERS. I TRIEND PC CHRIS. ALL HE KINOWS HE LEARNED FROM MY MUSCLES. theres not a damn thing that bob-cut tight pants wearing mothercuker nancy boy didn't pracitce with me for HOURS. Also, God dammit Im handsome

PPPPPPPS:

That ****in sexy little ***** couldn't even drive or have a car, YOU WOULDNT KNOW THIS ***** WITHOUT MY STRONG STRONG HANDS AND PEEPEE

sidefx

Smash Champion
Ken
Azen
Isai
M2k
PC Chris
ChuDat
HugS
NEO
Mike G
Chillin
Wes
DA Dave
Vidjo
Eddie
Krazyjones
DieSuperFly
Caveman
Rob$
Recipherus
Sastopher
King
Husband
Wife
Drephen
Darkrain

USA.
best list

hiyato! (that was his name right? breakdancing dude from ny i think? i dont think he was really really good i just remember him in teams)

Top Bottom