• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The thread to END all others. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Seriously, people... are you THIS chock full of free time?! To spend it *****ing about such trivial subjects?! Okay, over the last few days there have been an unbelievable amount of superfluous threads, including -

- People complaining about ATs. To anyone complaining about the use of Advanced Techniques, I sympathize, to an extent. I didn't discover any of this until a week ago. But part of any multiplayer game, especially one this epic and anticipated, includes the discovery of tips, tricks, techniques, and even glitches. This is how gaming works. I'm doing my best to adapt. It's tough, I know, and while it may seem unfair, the cold hard fact of the matter is this - either go with the flow or get left in the dust. Nothing's stopping you from learning these techniques yourself, and if you're that morally opposed to it, then find some friends who share your ideals. You will never be able to convince someone to stop using ATs if they know they can win with them.

- People complaining about the naming of ATs. Yes, they're incredibly stupid. We agree. Last thing we need is two topics a day complaining about stupid names, and we need even less these stupid sarcastic topics like AfroMan's Tactic Generator bullcrap. Each technique has one name, and whoever discovered it names it. If they name it after themselves, all they need is a good hammer bash to the head, and we'll give the move a proper name. So far, the stickied topic is the best source of information, so if you want ot avoid this, ignore everything but the stickied discovery/technique thread.

- People going on about the differences between Melee and Brawl. Whoever hasn't realized it, they are different. DEAL WITH IT. This a new game with new mechanics, new tricks, and a new metagame. Part of being a gamer is adaptation to change. If you hate the shift that much, then just don't ****ing play Brawl. Stick to Melee and your local troupe of opponents.

- People complaining about casual vs competitive play. *sigh* Sadly, that issue's been played out back and forth so much I'm not even gonna comment on it. It's just something I wanted to target with my overall statement.

- People complaining about how excited and overanxious we are for Brawl. This happens for ANY game. People get excited. People want any information they can get. This is a board FULL of gamers, competitive or otherwise.

- Counter-argument threads filled with nothing but sarcastic bullcrap. Seriously, people. We get the ****ing picture. The last thing we need are more spam topics trying to prove a point that should be obvious.

I'm sure there'll be more stupidity later, but these are the only issues I really had a problem with for now. In summation, stop complaining about everything and just enjoy Super Smash Bros. Brawl for what it is. Seriously. Just... just stop. >.< Chances are most of you who're *****ing about this have the game, so stop wasting your time and just go play it while you're still one of the resourceful few.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
/Smashboards

Well done :p

But seriously, I actually agree, people need to stop complaining and stop comparing Brawl to Melee. etc.

Trajan

Smash Cadet
Frankly there is no need for discussion on the game. People will play the game as they want to, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Personally, the first way I will play Brawl is with a custom made cage match where ringouts are almost impossible, and the only items that are enabled are explosives. Maybe high or low gravity too, whichever is crazier. That's how I'm going to play the game with friends.

Even if every single person on every smash bros forum in the world was mortally offended by this, I could care less.

We are going to play the game the way we want, end of story.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
A large problem is that people don't want to move on. Smashboards is a COMPETITIVE Smash Bros Forum. The games out, we've all spoiled it for ourselves, lets move on. We should be looking for strategies, techniques, REAL techniques, ones that have a possibility of being useful(Not just those "Oh look i found something useless, im naming it after myself" techniques). We should be testing character specifics, looking for what stages work for what characters(stage picks and counters) we should be exploring the options to see what is usable and what isn't(We do NOT need to use low gravity, the game doesn't NEED to be faster, get over ii) We should be exploring character specifics. Can ROB's Bair be used for recovery? Can Kirby's aerial hammer? Can yoshi still ECE? How's sonic's Tech Chase game? Can Meta Knight WOP? Doe's DK's Bair still have range/priority?

The problem is that there are too many people with "OMG, NEW VID" syndrome. Game play is nice, but information is what is important.

Ichida

Smash Ace
A large problem is that people don't want to move on.
If you're referring to my comment on the Melee-Brawl shift, keep in mind that I know how *****y people are on this subject despite the fact that I've never been in the Melee section of this forum. If people want to stick to playing Melee, they should stay out of the Brawl section intead of whining all over it.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If you're referring to my comment on the Melee-Brawl shift, keep in mind that I know how *****y people are on this subject despite the fact that I've never been in the Melee section of this forum. If people want to stick to playing Melee, they should stay out of the Brawl section intead of whining all over it.
Actually no, Im referring to the amount of people who don't want to get back to what this entire website was made for. Competitive Pokemon. Oh, and competitive Smash Bros. as well. Yes, we've all seen brawl now, it looks amazing, we all want to play it, but we can't forget why it is this website exists. And no, people who want to make Brawl like Melee should NOT be looked down upon, Melee was a very competitive game, there's no reason Brawl should not be. People who have no idea what these forums are actually for should leave(or just lurk moar)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I'd rather 5 topics on "OMG PIT IS SCKy" and "Check this vid out" (adn the like), then 50 topics on bullturd.
um the Mods usually take care of pointless topics, and if they believe the topics are ok then discussion will be allowed.

lawl @ Pit is SCKy

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
i hate seeing threads like this that are telling other people to stop and/or telling them how to "live" on smashboards.

they are just as bad.

if its that annoying, just sift through all the crappy threads. thats all.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
You forgot:
People complaining about people complaining.
Shut up. Stop caring.
I agree.

Even worse, because of your good grammar, you probably wasted even MORE free time than everyone else posting this.

This thread is just as bad as the others. You post it so that you feel superior to everyone, and then post contraversial things hoping for an argument.

And yes, I feel superior to you posting this, but at least I didn't make an entire topic to fill that need.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Agreed.
Why do we need so many of these threads though? The people who will tank this thread probably read a similar one last week. It probably wasn't as concise or as thought out as this one though.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Good thread.

But I've learnt not to give a **** anymore.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
you know what else is foolish making these thread to end all other threads because it's not going to work people like their freedom of speech it lets them ***** about whatever the **** they want to. And no matter how many of these threads are made people are going to keep *****ing and not pay much attention to this mainly because they dont want to read about your *****ing they want to do their own *****ing.

This wont be the last of this kind of thread either because for some reason people seem to keep thinking that if they try to be the voice of reason and everyone will perk up and go hey this guys right let stop this pointless *****ing. That however will not happen because people love to ***** if god showed up and provided people with the answers to all of lifes questions people would just ***** about having them answer and their dissapointment in them.

So to clue this up Just as people wont stop *****ing, people wont stop thinking they can be the one ultimate source of reason which they aren't (except yours truly, heh kidding) so it's best to just try and ignore what you dont want to read and pay attention to only the threads that catch your interest.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
...well, this IS a forum you know.

if you don't like certain threads, just don't look in them eh?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I get your point, but too bad it's not doing as it should considering the rise of other threads, the FACT that this is a forum, and you complaining about complaining doesn't help much. People are going to complain here. They have a right to. Of course, some complaints are reasonable than others. Well, I think this thread'll be closed soon enough.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
This thread failed to end all threads. Move along, nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom