• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Teams of Subspace

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Okay lets look at the standings so far:

If you pick:
Mario... Peach, Zelda or Pit will be your first partner
Pit ... Mario will be your first partner
Kirby... Peach or Zelda will be your first partner
DK ... Diddy will be your first partner
Diddy.. DK will be your first partner and Fox will be your second
Fox ... Diddy will be your first or second partner
Link ... Yoshi will be your first partner
Yoshi .. Link will be your first partner
Sonic .. you will be paired up with Sonic somewhere down the line.
Wario..Peach or Zelda will be your first partner.

Speculation:
DK... second partner Bowser

(this is all of course based on the few images and videos of the subspace emissionary and simple speculation)

I'm wondering who else gets paired up first during adventure mode.

Wario and Snake?
Samus and Pikachu
King Dedede and Metaknight
Lucas and Pokemon Trainer?
Ice Climbers and Bowser?

So here's a thread on who you would most likely see (or who you'd want to see most) paired together during adventure mode.

And your ideas on how the two characters end up together.....

I personally would like to see King Dedede and Bowser fight together, and see them interact in a new video.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Ridley and Jiggly.

Close this thread now because that's the best team in history.

KingBulbinX

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if you must have your partner follow you through every level?
Or will you be able to play levels by yourself but still keep your partner in cutscenes?

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that different franchises will team like:
Kirby and Peach (Kirby and Mario franchise)
Diddy Kong and Fox (DK and Starfox franchise)

Wario and Bowser, Samus and Snake, Ice Climbers and King Dedede

I would LOVE to see Snake and Samus in a SE movie :p

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you must have your partner follow you through every level?
Or will you be able to play levels by yourself but still keep your partner in cutscenes?
I suspect that it will switch back an forth... and depending on the difficulty level your partner will last till the end of the level or just get pumbled.

Some levels you'll go alone but the ones where you have multle characters in cut-scenes you'll have to suffer with two....

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
With the release of the recent Fox-Diddy combo, a new question arises- where is D.K.?

I feel as if this is more proof that perhaps Bowser and D.K. team up, or Bowser captures D.K. for some unknown reason. I think they'd make a kickass team.

I also feel that now that we see Fox had crashed in the forest, we can assume that Peach/Kirby/whichever pair is supposed to barely escape the tournament at the beginning must be nearby as well...wonder if they'll team up?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, I think there won't be two people for every group. Remember the Teams update? It implies in one paragraph that there are more than two for every group.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think there won't be two people for every group. Remember the Teams update? It implies in one paragraph that there are more than two for every group.
"Your stock count, or the number of lives you can lose, is set for each stage.

In single-player mode, each time you lose a life, you switch to a different character on your team and are revived as that new character until you run out of stock lives. (You choose the character order for your team members at the start of each stage.)

In co-op mode, when either player 1 or player 2 loses a life, that player will be revived as another team member until your stock count runs out.

But, if Player 1 loses a life after the stock count has run out, that’s the end! Player 2 is participating simply as an optional player, so be careful."
-Sakurai

You bring up some very interesting questions for me to ponder over. Like will the story change if you lose a life with one of your characters? And the people added to your team... will they continue to be a part of the story or will they just act as stocks or both?

hmmmmmm.....

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Wario and Metaknight
DeDeDe and Bowser
Ice Climbers and Lucas
Pokemon Trainer and Pikachu (Bet you 100 cookies)
Ike and Peach/Zelda (whichever ISN'T rescued; Ike takes the trophy from Wario)
Link and Yoshi
Samus and Snake
Sonic Meets up with Mario after Pit is taken (and vice/versa; mario may be taken and in that case Pit meets up with Sonic)

But personally I'm hoping for Link to meet up (and fight?) Ike eventually. That would be sweet.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
DK and Bowser = Happening

Look at the facts:

DK and Diddy's banana's were taken by goombas and hammer bros - the obvious work of Bowser.
Diddy goes elsewhere and ends up teaming with Fox, (which will probibly end up as a Rayquaza boss battle) so no DK/Diddy teamups
Knowing DK, he probibly chases after the goombas and hammer bros, which would PROBIBLY end up at Bowser's Castle.
He battles Bowser, then the subspace dudes kick in which leads then to teaming up.

Im calling it :).

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
DK and Bowser = Happening

Look at the facts:

DK and Diddy's banana's were taken by goombas and hammer bros - the obvious work of Bowser.
Diddy goes elsewhere and ends up teaming with Fox, (which will probibly end up as a Rayquaza boss battle) so no DK/Diddy teamups
Knowing DK, he probibly chases after the goombas and hammer bros, which would PROBIBLY end up at Bowser's Castle.
He battles Bowser, then the subspace dudes kick in which leads then to teaming up.

Im calling it :).
Aw man, I wanted to be the first to predict this. i totally agree, though, and I think if Bowser was working with Subspace, we would have seen those guys stealing the bananas.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My hopes for team ups:

Snake and Ice Climbers imagine it. It's hilarious.
Sonic and Geno.
Ike and Pokemon Trainer.
Samus and Metaknight
King Dedede and Lucas.
Pikachu and Zelda.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
For the by-far confirmed characters (excluding the villians) I say:

Mario with Kirby/Peach/Zelda first, then with Pit, LATER with Sonic.

Kirby with Peach/Zelda, whoever you rescue.

Pit with DK? DK has gone missing, right?

Diddy with Fox, simple eh?

Link and Yoshi... remember that picture?

Samus and Snake, dunno why, it came to my mind.

Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer, no reason.

Meta-Knight and Ike, maybe after a match?

And... I don't have more ideas, peace.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Link, Pit, and Ike versus Black Knight, Ganondorf, and Meta Knight.

Mario and Donkey Kong versus Bowser and Wario.

Sonic versus Snake

Lucas versus Ness (FREAKING EPIC...)

Fox versus Samus

and finally...

PKMN Trainer versus Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Link and Pit should be paired up seeing how they are like so similar in mannerisms and fighting ability.
I would go more for Pit/Ike, seeing as how one is slow as heck, but really strong, while the other is faster, but weaker. Perfect team, no?

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Pikachu+Snake=WIN!!! XD

Pikachu: Pika pika! Pikachu!

Snake: What?

Pikachu: Pikaaaa!

Snake: What are you saying!?

Pikachu: Pikachu!

Snake: SPEAK ENGLISH!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Pikachu+Snake=WIN!!! XD

Pikachu: Pika pika! Pikachu!

Snake: What?

Pikachu: Pikaaaa!

Snake: What are you saying!?

Pikachu: Pikachu!

Snake: SPEAK ENGLISH!!!
ENGLISH *bleep*! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
Link and Yoshi battle Black Knigth and then he meet Ike or another FE character
C.Falcon and Snake as a team

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Gannondorf and Mewtwo, two totally evil badasses obliterating anything in there way.

And Snake and Jigglypuff, for the lulz.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
In all honesty, I'd like to see heroes with their respective villains (Ganondorf and Link, Samus and Ridley, etc.) interact and work together without killing each other and see how long they last because I'm an evil person like that.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, I'd like to see heroes with their respective villains (Ganondorf and Link, Samus and Ridley, etc.) interact and work together without killing each other and see how long they last because I'm an evil person like that.
Good idea... the enemy of thine enemy is my friend sort of thing?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Good idea... the enemy of thine enemy is my friend sort of thing?
Yeah. I think we're going to be seeing some awesome team-ups of heroes and villains and I pity the ****ers that get in the way of them working together. :laugh:

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
My favorite paring in Melee whenever I did a team battle was with

Ganondorf and Pichu.

I always imagined Pichu sitting on Ganon's shoulder and then they'd go fight together as a teama gainst a huge boss or what not.

Though, I know that won't happen.... *sigh*

Reyairia

Smash Champion
My favorite paring in Melee whenever I did a team battle was with

Ganondorf and Pichu.

I always imagined Pichu sitting on Ganon's shoulder and then they'd go fight together as a teama gainst a huge boss or what not.

Though, I know that won't happen.... *sigh*
Aww, that's such a cute and sweet idea. :3 I'm all in favor of humanizing villains, even if they're not really human to begin with.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
i hope they hav a seperate adventure mode (kinda like classic) where u can choose your partners char. i dont really like the whole assigned thing. and i kinda hope that u dont always have to hav a partner during SSE.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Considering they're both bounty hunters, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Captain Falcon and Samus/Zamus as a team yet. I guess it's just because he hasn't been confirmed yet?

EDIT: Cool, I just hit 300 posts. *blinks* SPARTA!!!!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Considering they're both bounty hunters, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Captain Falcon and Samus/Zamus as a team yet. I guess it's just because he hasn't been confirmed yet?

EDIT: Cool, I just hit 300 posts. *blinks* SPARTA!!!!
That combination sounds so boring. D; Same with Samus and Snake.

volbound1700

Smash Master
i hope they hav a seperate adventure mode (kinda like classic) where u can choose your partners char. i dont really like the whole assigned thing. and i kinda hope that u dont always have to hav a partner during SSE.
I think you will lose to fixed teams very soon, by level 2 or 3 or so. I think the stories all intertwine about level 3 or 4 and then you can go on your own adventure with the characters you want. (May need to rescue others as you go though, but most the originals meet up soon).

Top Bottom