• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sword of Seals - Roy Moveset + Frame Data (incomplete)

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
The Dance doesn't seem as good as it was In Melee, but the last forward hit might kill at high percentage.
Yeah, it's definitely not as strong for KOs, but it's a damn good damage builder.

Full side: 15%
Full up: 13%
Full down: 21%

If you land all of Blazer it's 16%. T3H PH1R3.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yeah, it's definitely not as strong for KOs, but it's a damn good damage builder.

Full side: 15%
Full up: 13%
Full down: 21%

If you land all of Blazer it's 16%. T3H PH1R3.
I don't suppose it still spikes, huh? And can you combo into Blazer? Cause I sure can't find any.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Updated the second post with some preliminary shield data.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Roys dair is pretty strong, star KO's mario on FD at 132%, and deals 15% sweetspotted. For reference, a Ganondorf dair does the same at 119%, and deals 19%.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Okay I put some data for the aerials that I had found into my post. Word of caution though, the advantage varies tremendously depending on how you land so really take it with a grain of salt. As a bonus I've also put the landing frames for each aerial since it was data I had to get anyways.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
I've tried a bit on both 3DS and Wii U. I must say I like it, it feel like Marth but with actual kill power.
The range on his attacks isn't very good, but that's true for most character in game. His speed is amazing, and the attack power is on par with Shulk, overall very balanced.
From what I've seen, no aerials have autocancels except for the first hit of neutral air, which is a good thing since it combo very well.

The dthrow is godsend for comboing, unlike Marth's. The recovery is bad overall, but for the first frames you are invincible, with a good timing you can find several uses. DED doesn't kill, but rack up damage very well.
Flare Blade, well...is just Flare Blade. We love it.

The moveset is very good, the jab finally have some uses, and his smash are amazing powerful.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Roy's F-Smash busts up shields really bad, and has giant pushback. OHKO Flare Blade seems to be guaranteed in Training Mode if you break the shield.

A fresh sweetspotted F-Smash (uncharged) will kill Ganondorf at around 58% from the ledge. Sweetspotted Dash Attack kills Ganondorf at around 100-110% from the ledge.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Probably answered, but can Roy still edgeguard with Flare Blade like in Melee and PM?

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Probably answered, but can Roy still edgeguard with Flare Blade like in Melee and PM?
Nope. The hitbox is on the eruption, it doesn't go under the ledge, and there's no overhead arc area to use either. It's a pretty garbage move if uncharged.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Nope. The hitbox is on the eruption, it doesn't go under the ledge, and there's no overhead arc area to use either. It's a pretty garbage move if uncharged.
So wait, it's a giant deadzone swinging? The sword doesn't even have a hitbox to catch people from afar? What is this? The one-inch sword?

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Damage on all moves:

Jab: 7% sweet, 4% sour
FTilt: 12% sweet, 8-9% sour
UTilt: 12% sweet, 7% sour
DTilt: 11% sweet, 6% sour
FSmash: 20-28% sweet, 12-16% sour
USmash: 17% grounded (lower hit does 1%) 18% on aerial opponents. Final hit is 10%, rest are 2%.
DSmash: 15-21% first hit sweet, 10-14% first hit sour. 17-23% second hit sweet, 11-15% second hit sour.
Nair: First hit 6% sweet 4% sour, second hit 8% sweet 5% sour
Fair: 11% sweet, 7% sour
Uair: 9% sweet, 6% sour
Bair: 12%sweet, 9% sour
Dair: 15% sweet, 10% sour
Flare Blade: 6-50% dame, 10% recoil on full charge
Blazer: 16% total
Counter: 1.35 multiplier
DED: Up tilted 17% (3-3-4-7), forward 16% (3-3-4-6), down tilted 21-23% (3-3-4-11-13)
Pummel: 2%
FThrow: 5%
DThrow: 5%
Uthrow: 6%
BThrow: 5%
Ledge Attack: 8%

I can't test it at the moment, but when does Blazer KO?
Star KOs Mario on Omega stages at 118%

Last edited:

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
So wait, it's a giant deadzone swinging? The sword doesn't even have a hitbox to catch people from afar? What is this? The one-inch sword?
It's basically an explosion a few feet in front of Roy. Sword isn't really involved. Hardly can be called Flare Blade anymore.
I can't test it at the moment, but when does Blazer KO?
Varies by character, but it's got a strong vertical hitbox at the end of it. I've killed with it at around 120+.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's basically an explosion a few feet in front of Roy. Sword isn't really involved. Hardly can be called Flare Blade anymore.
That... That makes no sense. It's deceiving since he swings his sword unlike Ike who plunges his sword. This better get fixed since it's like showing an animation that does nothing which happened to Meta Knight before he was patched.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Blazer kills Jigglypuff at 93%, Mario at 118%, and Dedede at 139%. Tested on Omega Battlefield on 3DS.

reilina

Smash Rookie
Can anyone confirm this i think its a glitch when you do up+B try to input the opposite direction he's facing Right when he about to do the move. He will do the up+b the other way but its short and moves forward more, Its kinda weird.

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
You can press right or left to change the direction of his Up+B.

You can then hold left or right to make it go more horizontal at the cost of vertical recovery.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Somebody test Blazer on Robin for me. It seems like it could be a good Out of Shield option.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Somebody test Blazer on Robin for me. It seems like it could be a good Out of Shield option.
Kills at 117% on omega battlefield

Edit: When used on the ground, seems it does significantly less knockback when used in the air, didn't kill until around 170%

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Why can Roy double jump after a short hop Fair but it won't autocancel? It makes absolutely no sense, like the autocancel (if there even is one) is AFTER the IASA.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Why can Roy double jump after a short hop Fair but it won't autocancel? It makes absolutely no sense, like the autocancel (if there even is one) is AFTER the IASA.
Hey wow, great observation! I hadn't even thought to try that. You're right that's absolutely bizarre. I wonder if it's a bug.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Sourspot 1st hit of DED brings opponents to Roy and at higher percents, props them into the air ever so slightly at the same time. At higher percents I don't think it true combos into anything outside of just DED but it might be a good way to set up for a grab, jab, dsmash, or just bait airdodge, etc.

RancidLeaf

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlyLeaf
I highly doubt that's a bug. Some moves have had this property since Brawl if not before. Toon Link's fair is the first example that comes to mind.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
It is very interesting. I know I havent heard of it

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
As I'd hoped, falling/fast falling up air does give us some nice combos.

These start at around 20%-40%, for reference.

U-air -> any aerial that isn't d-air, it seems

U-air -> f-air -> f-air (deals 31% if you manage to hit with the last f-air sweetspotted)

U-air -> b-air -> f-air

U-air -> b-air -> u-air

U-air -> b-air -> u-air -> u-air (39%, if all are sweetspotted)

It doesn't auto cancel, but the landing frames are lenient enough to allow follow ups on successful hits, should you hit with it just before landing.

Sorry if this has been posted already. I look forward to improving with the help of you all.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Blazer has crap vertical distance but it seems to have great horizontal distance especially if you reverse it after you throw it out.

Blazer reverse is also great for resetting back to neutral.

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
DED is a hell of a lot beefier than DB, in case anyone was wondering. A lot of Roy's moves feel really satisfying. Unfortunately I've yet to find a dthrow true combo, and we've lost our beloved dtilt. It looks like Blazer could serve an offensive purpose (I just did a mad sexy ledge trump/stage spike with it).

Utilt killed Dr. Mario at 131%, damn (Battlefield, off the top, Doc was on right plat, Roy was under him).

Jumped to meet a falling Megaman w/ Blazer and killed at 120% (Miiverse, top of stage).
Fun Fact:
When preforming DED, if you use the upward version of Hit 3 and then the Forwards version of Hit 4, you get WAY more knockback. Kills around 100%.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I'm really starting to like his F-throw, it leads to tech chasing really well.

Top Bottom