• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Wait, it's actually being updated and I'm not the only one who can't open it?
Thank goodness.

Was rather paranoid...

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Wait, was this actually said? I thought they all took up one slot, and you could pick them from a submenu like in Mario Kart 8.
This was said by Sakurai after revealing the Mii fighters: Something to the effect of "these fighters are treated as three different fighters". I'm sure the Mii Fighters board has some specifics on the matter.

You can't open it when it is being updated? I didn't even know the app had ANY online connectivity.

Edit: I just unplugged my Ethernet and it worked. Weird, but that fix works.
Me too, except I turned off wireless internet. Curse these DRM tactics.

Apollo181

Smash Cadet
Not to be rude, just an inquiry. Any chance of 9.0 coming soon? It's been quite awhile since the Roster Maker was updated, and I was wondering if a new version was on the way.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
There's still no Orange Inkling... also, if anyone sees fit to tackle the new character art for Hyrule Warriors, well.

Not to be rude, just an inquiry. Any chance of 9.0 coming soon? It's been quite awhile since the Roster Maker was updated, and I was wondering if a new version was on the way.
Apparently it's coming very soon. I remember the creator saying next week, but I'm not sure.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I have some Marvel requests, just five.

Nightcrawler

Beast

Abomination

Sentry

Quicksilver

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I shouldn't have to remind you to use spoilers. But I will.
Deeply sorry for the non spoiler I was thinking if I my post was seen cause I saw other request being done

In fact it's not for me I do this it's for a French friend of mine who don't speak a word of english so I am taking on my time to doing this for him to speak you guy's for make the icons :urg:

I can't open the roster maker is this normal ?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Hmm... can someone tell me if it works now? Apparently it's a problem with the location of the files on the server.

EDIT: The next update isn't ready yet, but I'm working on it. This should not prevent it from opening though.

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Hmm... can someone tell me if it works now? Apparently it's a problem with the location of the files on the server.

EDIT: The next update isn't ready yet, but I'm working on it. This should not prevent it from opening though.
Nothing on my screen I clic the icon the task gestionnary tell that the Roster Maker is proccessing but nothing on my screen.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036

Mine still isn't working.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Hmm... I'm confused now lol. I'm getting errors again on my side. I'm using google drive to host the files, and it looks like the URL names are being changed or something.

EDIT: I suggest waiting a bit and trying again from time to time.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Who knows, maybe someone hacked into it for some reason. but why, is the question.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Not working for me. Are computer reboots necessary?
No, rebooting your computer won't change anything. I don't know what is up with my files on google drive, but I highly doubt it's hacking either, as nothing seems abnormal.

I don't know if the problem is fixed, so it could happen again. I might be rushing the update to prevent further problems now.

Last edited:
No, rebooting your computer won't change anything. I don't know what is up with my files on google drive, but I highly doubt it's hacking either, as nothing seems abnormal.

I don't know if the problem is fixed, so it could happen again. I might be rushing the update to prevent further problems now.
Take your time! A whole community uses this software!

Jakor

Smash Ace
Agreed. If you release the program early when it's not bug-free, we'll need an update anyways.
Well, there aren't that many new features actually, which could be disappointing, but there are tons of changes related to the icons and the series. I also fixed a couple of existing bugs already, though I hope I didn't broke or overlook something else.

EDIT: Can someone confirm to me that Chunky Kong is an assist trophy?

Last edited:

MetaG

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6399-6037
I had a similar problem yesterday, but somehow I managed to make it work.
First open the Task Manager, now go to the "Processes" window. If you managed to open the Roster Maker, there should be a Process called "SSB Roster Maker" going on, even if the program did not show up. Now select that process and press "End process".
After this I have been able to use Roster Maker normally.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I downloaded it but It does not look any different from the first version.

(no changes in the changelog.)

(also I don't know why but its not anding the new pac-man icon I got? im pressing Ctrl + I)

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
I downloaded it but It does not look any different from the first version.

(no changes in the changelog.)

(also I don't know why but its not anding the new pac-man icon I got? im pressing Ctrl + I)
The update isn't available yet. I plan on releasing it this evening hopefully.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If it's not too much to ask, is it possible that somebody could make icons for the other 4 Mega Men in Mega Man's Final Smash?

This footage has them all before Mega Man charges his shot, if slowed down I think they can make good icons.

Shroob

Sup?
A small question that's been most likely asked before, but how do you add characters to the folder? I dumped a Chorus Man icon into the folder and followed the naming procedure that the other icons had, but the maker didn't recognize it.

A small question that's been most likely asked before, but how do you add characters to the folder? I dumped a Chorus Man icon into the folder and followed the naming procedure that the other icons had, but the maker didn't recognize it.
I've never done it myself before, but I believe it has something to do with the adding custom franchises option found under "file".

Last edited:
Top Bottom