• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
When other people make Dojo icons, they tend to forget to add the shadow. If you're using Photoshop, there's a pretty simple way to do it.

1.) Duplicate the layer that has the render on it.
2.) Click on the bottom render layer.
3.) On that layer, click on the preview icon while holding control. This will highlight the entire render.
4.) Pick a color darker than the background color and switch to the pencil tool.
5.) Pick a really big pencil size (I usually just max it) and click over the highlighted render. It'll fill the entire render with the shadow color.
6.) After that, just shift it down and to the right a bit and it'll look like a shadow.

Also here's a new icon because I'd feel bad posting and not having one.

OrsonZedd

Smash Rookie
Okay, I've looked through the last ten days and haven't seen it. We need Mini-Kangaroo as an icon.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
So because a couple of these were requests, and I like getting requests out ASAP before someone else beats me to something I had done for weeks, here's some icons.

The next few icons after these are mostly gonna be themed after Sonic and MLP, with only a couple other ones.

A shiny new Mighty icon AND my TOME request acknowledged by an icon of the one I needed most for my Youtuber crossover? (Don't ask)

THANK YOU BASED ICON MAKER.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So.

It's been two weeks, and every time I try to open the Roster Maker, it refuses to open. I've left my laptop on for five hours after attempting to open it, but nothing came up. Suggestions @ Jakor Jakor or @ Turek Turek ?

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
Back with more useless icons... BUT FIRST!
- For similar purposes to my previous icons like this, for Project M mains.

And here are 3 of my very first Dojo-styled icons.

Of course I also made a basic style for these three as well...

And for those wanting some actual Smash Bros.-related icons, here.

But here are the rest of the Sonic and MLP icons I talked about would be the main focus on this set.

Oh yea, and this.

Last edited:

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
So to hold you guys over, I am reposting icons I had posted before, but they suddenly disappeared from viewing on the Forums.

Khoru

Smash Champion
hi! i have a bunch of requests.
sorry for not being able to find transparent versions of a couple of images.
dark matter

genesect

chibi-robo

wrestler & reporter (whatever can fit in the allotted space is fine)

professor layton (not with the entire hat, please)

quote (there's an icon of this art in roster maker, but it's zoomed in too much for my liking)

and, if possible, less... pixelated versions of icons using the official art for king hippo, medusa, and hades

additionally, could i possibly get versions of these two icons from a bit back with the normal background?

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
So I went back and looked, I never made a Dudley icon afterall so I went and did so now I did.

Also some requests.

And more icons (surprisingly, I didn't make many MLP icons this time around)

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
This a bit of a tall order, but can anyone create/link me to the dojo styled/colored background icons for the characters in my roster:

Thanks in advance.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Some of my last Marvel vs. Capcom requests.

Jill sandwich Valentine

Marrow

Ruby Heart

Wasp

Hercules

Moonstone

Swordsman

Black Knight

Hydro Man

Wrecker
Of course, I don't expect anyone to do all of these, but some would be nice.

Last edited:

Turek

Smash Cadet
So.

It's been two weeks, and every time I try to open the Roster Maker, it refuses to open. I've left my laptop on for five hours after attempting to open it, but nothing came up. Suggestions @ Jakor Jakor or @ Turek Turek ?
Does it give you an error message at all?

Otherwise, try redownloading the Roster Maker. I'd recommend you clear the old files completely. If you don't want to erase them, then rename the folder or something like that.

Any further details on what happens when you try to start the program?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Does it give you an error message at all?

Otherwise, try redownloading the Roster Maker. I'd recommend you clear the old files completely. If you don't want to erase them, then rename the folder or something like that.

Any further details on what happens when you try to start the program?
Actually, I delted my old copy of the Roster Maker, but copied the Images folder first, redownloaded it, deleted that copy's Images folder, and pasted the other. Worked like a charm.

Turek

Smash Cadet
Actually, I delted my old copy of the Roster Maker, but copied the Images folder first, redownloaded it, deleted that copy's Images folder, and pasted the other. Worked like a charm.
As long as it works. Glad to see your problem was resolved.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Top Bottom