• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

fungun101

Smash Rookie
Could I get these Big Beefy Bois as icons?

Sans

Siegmeyer

Last edited:

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Giga Man Giga Man
There was indeed one made for Mimikyu. If you took the time to look for it, you wouldn't have to wait.
My bad. Search engine is useless in these situations since most people just post their icons and that's it, and I didn't want to surf through pages to find a needle in the hay stack. (If it was only a few pages back, then I'm a dummy.) At least I got to make a few more myself as a result! Also, I just realized I forgot to put the source of my icon images in my post. It's fixed now.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-2766-5379
Switch FC
SW-4697-8361-8599
Can you make a icon for Lycanroc?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any chance I can get Silque?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just a couple more Fire Emblem requests.

Valbar

Julian

Lena

Hardin (RIP, best version of his Shadow Dragon self I could find)

Nyna

Canas

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
I made a new icon for Kozukata Yuri! It's the third one. I am also resharing my two previous ones in case you need it for the Roster Maker!

Jakor

Smash Ace
Jakor Jakor

Um... I can't update my old version... help pls?
View attachment 147491
As mentioned in the first post of the thread, here are the steps you must follow to use this new version:

For users who already have a previous version of the Roster Maker and want to keep their data of custom rosters they created and custom characters they added, you must do the following steps, since the update function unfortunately doesn't work anymore with the server I previously used :
  1. Extract the archive of the version 10.0 somewhere on your computer.
  2. Replace the file named "rosterMaker.dat" located in the "utils" folder with your old one.
  3. (Optional step) Copy the custom icons you want to keep to the new "icons" folder. If you don't remember which custom icons you added, you can always sort the files in the directory by date. (The last icon file added to the version 9.1 was: "IconLord Fredrik.png"). I recommend not to overwrite existing icons when moving/copying.
  4. (Optional step) Copy or move your roster images from your old "rosters" folder to the new one.
  5. Start up the software by double clicking on the "exe" or "jar" file. Once booted, you should see no icons at all anywhere, this is normal.
  6. Press the following three keys on your keyboard at the same time: CTRL + SHIFT + =. A confirmation window should appear.
  7. Click "Yes" to perform the update. (The update might take a couple of minutes).
  8. If everything goes well, enjoy the new version! (Otherwise you can message me.)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Can someone just create a Zip of all of the SSBU official render icons so everyone can just extract them into the icon folder. I would super appreciate it.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Can someone just create a Zip of all of the SSBU official render icons so everyone can just extract them into the icon folder. I would super appreciate it.
I'll add onto this, the Smash Bros website also has all the stock icons for each character when you look under the "order by series" format, and when you open up the images, they're actually quite larger - larger than the width of the Roster Icons. If someone could make a ZIP of all those too, they can be used as well.

EDIT: They're all also up on the SSBWiki now, which makes getting them all easier.

Last edited:

FenixStar

Smash Apprentice
Wow! I found out who some more of the fighters/Assist Trophies are so we can update 'em in the roster maker. These are from the E3 Nintendo Direct, and I've put 'em in spoilers in case you haven't seen 'em, especially the BIG reveal in the confirmed fighters (my jaw LITERALLY DROPPED when I heard who it was!).
Daisy - Echo Fighter for Peach
Pika Libre - Female Pikachus only
Female Pokemon Trainer - Can choose the female versions now as well.
Ridley - Hype has HAPPENED!

Proto Man - Part of Mega Man's Final Smash
Bass - Same as Proto Man
Riki - Assist Trophy
Bomberman - Assist Trophy
Wario - Assist Trophy
Starfy - Assist Trophy
Sukapon - Assist Trophy
Durban - Part of Shulk's Final Smash
Fiora - Part of Shulk's Final Smash
Squid Sisters (both) - Assist Trophy
Knuckle Joe - Assist Trophy
Metroid - Assist Trophy
Ghosts - Assist Trophy
Lyn - Assist Trophy
Waluigi - Assist Trophy
Midna - Assist Trophy
Cappy - On Mario's head
Beast King Ganon - New version of Ganondorf's Final Smash
Rodin - Assist Trophy
Giga Mac - Little Mac's Final Smash
Paula - Part of Ness's Final Smash
Poo - Part of Ness's Final Smash
Jeff - Assist Trophy
Kumatora - Part of Lucas's Final Smash
Boney - Part of Lucas's Final Smash
Yellow Devil - Stage Hazzard

Bewear
Solgaleo

Last edited:

FenixStar

Smash Apprentice
Cobalsh Cobalsh

What about the renders for the OTHER characters just announced at E3 for the fighters and assist trophies (especially the one sneaked in at the end)?

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I can't add new icons to Version 10.0 through the import function. It only adds some, but leaves most.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I fixed the icon problem... had to use the hidden update function.

FenixStar

Smash Apprentice
They've got the Smash Ultimate Invitational that has just happened, and I'll keep you up to date on all Assist Trophies if anyone's wanting to make icons for them... We really NEED an "Assist Trophies" category that we can put Assist Trophies in as well. Think you can make it happen, Jakor Jakor ?

Starman
Knuckles
Nintendogs
Pong
Professor Wright
Takamaru
The Sheriff

Alolan Vulpix
Eevee
Palkia
Darkrai
Kyogre
Electrode
Latios
Suicune
Zapdos
Yveltal
Metagross
Alolan Meowth
Snorlax
I'll be updating this as I see 'em appear.

Last edited:

FenixStar

Smash Apprentice
Jakor Jakor
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm checking out things right now to give updated information for our icon makers as well over here.

FenixStar

Smash Apprentice
If you can link me to those, I'll do them tomorrow for sure.
I think you got them already when I looked. Now, all we have to get are the new looks for the Assist Trophies and the Pokemon that have been revealed so far to update the roster appropriately.

Lyndan

Smash Rookie
I made a few alternate icons. Mostly just characters I wanted that didn't have a very nice images.
Marina and Pearl because I wanted one of them together rather than individual.
Sidon from http://shatteredearth.net/susacorn/
Shantae from https://smashifiedart.com/
Otus, also from Smashified
Kumatora, also from Smashified
There are still quite a few Smashified images that aren't used for icons.. Is there a reason for that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom