• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Hello fellow Ness mains, I think you guys are going to enjoy this video. I'm fairly sure it's related to Ness...

If you do enjoy it, please spread it out, so other people may enjoy it as well :b:
Not Ness related, but I thought I'd add to that with this.
Was difficult to find this, but I finally found it!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Not Ness related, but I thought I'd add to that with this.
Was difficult to find this, but I finally found it!
I DIDNT KNOW THE 8 MELODIES HAD LYRICS! That's SOOO AWESOME!

If we're sharing videos, check these out. Both pertain to EarthBound and the songs are DEFINATELY my favorites from the series.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hVuv7mDNqM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WaD4E4d2KSI

In the second one, when the picture shows the Chosen Four in a park with the Runaway 5's car driving away behind them, feel free to start saying:

"We don't have to
Cry or worry
Cause the Earth is
Our provider"

Not my lyrics (from another Smiles and Tears video) but it makes it even more enjoyable.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hello fellow Ness mains, I think you guys are going to enjoy this video. I'm fairly sure it's related to Ness...

If you do enjoy it, please spread it out, so other people may enjoy it as well :b:
Dunno why, but I accidentally skipped over this the first time, but this is just as good as the other one, though I refer to this melody as "Smiles and Tears", not the 8 Melodies but I'm still a bit confused with this series' music so. But this was really good and enjoyable.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Dunno why, but I accidentally skipped over this the first time, but this is just as good as the other one, though I refer to this melody as "Smiles and Tears", not the 8 Melodies but I'm still a bit confused with this series' music so. But this was really good and enjoyable.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
No problem man. It's hard to dislike music like the kind this series has (and if you dislike you don't possess any knowledge of the series nor do you have a soul, lol kidding bout the last part).

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
No problem man. It's hard to dislike music like the kind this series has (and if you dislike you don't possess any knowledge of the series nor do you have a soul, lol kidding bout the last part).
Well... I like all kinds of music. Many of which are of different languages and styles/genre. Understanding 5 languages really help you understand the culture of the person who made the music. Unfortunately, not many people on this site like the kind of music I enjoy.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well... I like all kinds of music. Many of which are of different languages and styles/genre. Understanding 5 languages really help you understand the culture of the person who made the music. Unfortunately, not many people on this site like the kind of music I enjoy.
5 languages?!?!

You're crazy.

Jya

Smash Rookie
Dude 5 languages is pretty impressive! Which 5 languages can you understand?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Dude 5 languages is pretty impressive! Which 5 languages can you understand?
I'm gonna keep that to myself for personal reasons. But I will tell you one of them it's the English language. :p

Last edited:

Jya

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna keep that to myself for personal reasons. But I will tell you one of them it's the Malay language.
No problem man. It was really hard for me to learn mandarin so I have a lot of respect for people who can understand or speak multiple languages

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
No problem man. It was really hard for me to learn mandarin so I have a lot of respect for people who can understand or speak multiple languages
I learned the language just to understand the culture of the people. I think they're a fascinating bunch. So you're learning Mandarin huh. How interesting.....

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I know English (duh) and Spanish. Yay me!

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Guys, I really think we should have this discussion somewhere else. It's sorta off topic. If anyone have anything to say to me, just PM me.

Jya

Smash Rookie
I learned the Malay language just to understand the culture of the Malay people. I think they're a fascinating bunch. So you're learning Mandarin huh. How interesting.....
Yeah my family on my mom's side is from Taiwan so I'm learning it to properly communicate with them. My mom was too busy to teach me when I was very young so I've been trying to learn it on my own. I can understand a lot but speak less and read and write almost none.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Yeah my family on my mom's side is from Taiwan so I'm learning it to properly communicate with them. My mom was too busy to teach me when I was very young so I've been trying to learn it on my own. I can understand a lot but speak less and read and write almost none.
You should PM me, we can talk there.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
So, I've always wanted Kumatora and Duster in Smash, even though it's impossible. Plus, I feel like those two would steal moves from Lucas (PK Fire, PK Thunder, Rope Snake), or Kuma could be a semi-clone. I even made mock movesets for them a while ago. Duster especially could be really cool. Wall Staples for recovery, they set up a ladder for a short time, like Sonic's grounded spring. He could throw smoke bombs, or use that beetle thing to force people to turn around, like Mario's cape.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So, I've always wanted Kumatora and Duster in Smash, even though it's impossible. Plus, I feel like those two would steal moves from Lucas (PK Fire, PK Thunder, Rope Snake), or Kuma could be a semi-clone. I even made mock movesets for them a while ago. Duster especially could be really cool. Wall Staples for recovery, they set up a ladder for a short time, like Sonic's grounded spring. He could throw smoke bombs, or use that beetle thing to force people to turn around, like Mario's cape.
I have no idea what you're talking about (again, dunno much about the series other than EarthBound) but it sounds pretty cool.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Duster/Jeff would be awesome, they have so much stuff/gear they could use for their movesets + they wouldn't "steal" any psi moves from Lucas/Ness.

Or Ninten, he doesn't learn a single offensive psi move, so they could give him some shields, which take some time to charge up, but will reduce the kb/dmg of magical/physical moves, but "Ninten looks to similar to Ness" :C

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Duster/Jeff would be awesome, they have so much stuff/gear they could use for their movesets + they wouldn't "steal" any psi moves from Lucas/Ness.

Or Ninten, he doesn't learn a single offensive psi move, so they could give him some shields, which take some time to charge up, but will reduce the kb/dmg of magical/physical moves, but "Ninten looks to similar to Ness" :C
Maybe Jeff next time (he's an AT for now). Ninten does look REALLY similar, though maybe an alt. costume + his name is in order?

Honestly, if anybody that isn't the CENTRAL character from a Mother game were to get in, I'd like it to be Paula.

But I've heard Ness learns some of his moves from her, so she might end up a semi-clone. Oh well.

Tikao

Smash Ace
some of his moves from her
well, pk-thunder, pk-fire and psi-magnet are from paula, the only thing ness got is pk-flash (which is definitely a HUGE addition to his moveset, like ... it could nearly be used in rare cases ... but only nearly. Atleast he actually uses yoyos and baseball bats

well, better than lucas, he doesn't learn the 3 above, pk-freeze, the stick is from his father and rope snake from duster

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
well, pk-thunder, pk-fire and psi-magnet are from paula, the only thing ness got is pk-flash (which is definitely a HUGE addition to his moveset, like ... it could nearly be used in rare cases ... but only nearly. Atleast he actually uses yoyos and baseball bats

well, better than lucas, he doesn't learn the 3 above, pk-freeze, the stick is from his father and rope snake from duster
Really? PSI Magnet too? Thought it was just PK Thunder and Fire. Neat.

Geez I need to get EarthBound soon so I can actually understand these characters better. But, my birthday is coming up, might get it for myself.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I thought that Lucas did equip sticks. And this whole time, for some reason I assumed Ness's down special was PSI Shield, which he does learn. But it's Magnet.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Lucas uses sticks, but the stick he uses in ssb is the one his father uses in chapter 1 ... if i remember that right

You get to play Lucas in Chapter 4, so by that point he (probadly) has better equip? , not exactly sure about that, but Flint used one 3 chapters and 3 years earlier ... well actually it is Boney's stick, you get the stick for flint from him

Jya

Smash Rookie
Sounds great. Unfortunately I don't really know what you're talking about because I really only know Ness and Lucas from smash. I'd gladly take any new characters though

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I DIDNT KNOW THE 8 MELODIES HAD LYRICS! That's SOOO AWESOME!
I believe these are the real lyrics, considering it's the official soundtrack. I have to look into that other one

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I believe these are the real lyrics, considering it's the official soundtrack. I have to look into that other one
Ya, that's the one that I call the 8 Melodies. Pretty good, like most music of the Mother games.

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
Hey guys fellow Ness main here. After playing Ness for a while and the recent PK love for Lucas I've decieded to play my first Mother game. I don't know which one to start with although I've heard Mother 3 is better. Any suggestions would be great help.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey guys fellow Ness main here. After playing Ness for a while and the recent PK love for Lucas I've decieded to play my first Mother game. I don't know which one to start with although I've heard Mother 3 is better. Any suggestions would be great help.
You'll have to ask the pros on these boards, but I'm going to try to play one of the games in the Mother series to and I'm starting with EarthBound/Mother 2. But the decision's ultimately up to you.

Jya

Smash Rookie
You'll have to ask the pros on these boards, but I'm going to try to play one of the games in the Mother series to and I'm starting with EarthBound/Mother 2. But the decision's ultimately up to you.
I was gonna do the same but not sure what to start with. I have a couple of friends I can ask about which is the best to begin with.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I started with Earthbound, and I think it's best if you play it first. Mother 3 kind of adds to the formula in ways that make Earthbound seem lacking in comparison. No reason you shouldn't enjoy Earthbound though. They are both great.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I can't play Earthbound without a guide each time and I cannot stand the status conditions in that game lol. Some parts of the game are also rather ambiguous to progress (I had to sleep at a hotel to move on? wut?). Mother 3 has the better story (it will literally leave you crying) and is less ambiguous and I feel like I can connect with it better.

They're both still awesome games though. Also the music in both is great as well.

==

On another subject, here's what happens when I'm playing Smash at school with friends and we do a 1 stock FFA as the final match of the day cause class is about to start. xD

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I've been doing them in order for reasons. I would suggest you do the same, but Mother 1/Earthbound Zero is rather difficult.
Things like random enemy encounters and frequently having to level grind becomes a hassle.

The EB0 Improvement Patch Collection is recommended as it comes with a game balance patch. (don't know about the GBA one)
If you don't wanna deal with all that though, just buy Earthbound (Mother 2) if you have a Wii U. (or emulate it if you must.) It's the better game for people getting into the series.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm rather glad I played M1 before EB. Hadn't I done so, I probably would've dismissed the game entirely as it would've been like a downgrade compared to EB. (which isn't fair considering its the first game) It really made me appreciate the improvements that were implemented for EB. Its been cool seeing the series evolve into something even better! ^^
Plus, I wanted to hear those wonderful Mother songs that I kept hearing in Melee and Brawl.

I apologize for double posting...

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Do EB, M3, then M1 in that order. Only do M1 if you REALLY liked the first two.

Don't get me wrong, I loved M1, but it hasn't aged well and I can see it frustrating some people. I like it, but I can't recommend it to everyone.

IMO EB = M3 > M1
It's a clsoe call between the latest 2 games, but I honestly think it's a preference thing.

Top Bottom