• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Lucas looks impresive. So glad he's back...

Ness missed his brother from another MOTHER.
Oh, Mask. Don't bring the terrible puns from the Robin social to here:troll:

I cannot express my happiness that Lucas is in SSB4 with words.
He looked so awesomely almighty in that trailer

Anyway, related to amiibos:

Anyone here got an amiibo, at least?

PSIBoy

Smash Lord

If you don't count Ness, then yes, I have Kirby and Toon Link amiibos with Toad on the way. But I wasn't fortunate enough to get Ness. I tried to order from online, except GameStop.com crashed and even now, they don't have any Wave 4 amiibos on their site. Amazon doesn't have Ness either, and those two sites are really the only places I'm allowed to order from besides Walmart. I'll just have to wait it out and try to get lucky, I guess.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh, Mask. Don't bring the terrible puns from the Robin social to here:troll:

I cannot express my happiness that Lucas is in SSB4 with words.
He looked so awesomely almighty in that trailer

I've got to spread the corny jokes. It's a weakness of mine.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Ya my smash buddies were all congratulating me on the Lucas release....I wanted to punch them all in the throat for playing with my heart (since it was April fools day)....Can't wait to get my hands on that little boy......
*reads last sentence*
I'm sticking to it...

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ness flipping DOMINATED the Conquest. Nice job everyone.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ness flipping DOMINATED the Conquest. Nice job everyone.
Weeee! I was feeling bad when I was doing that one though. I couldn't participate in it much because I've been freakishly sick and the one time I did go on it was against a very taunty Lucario player that won against my DHD, then lost as Fox against my Ness as a landslide and then was about to get 2-stocked by Ness when I died to something really stupid, so he taunted. In that time I respawned, fast-falled, ran up to him, grabbed, Bthrowed and ended the game - "That's what you get!" :p

But even though I knew it was justified it felt a bit bleuuuu. Ah well, glad to hear Ness was the most "unfair!" out of those three. :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Weeee! I was feeling bad when I was doing that one though. I couldn't participate in it much because I've been freakishly sick and the one time I did go on it was against a very taunty Lucario player that won against my DHD, then lost as Fox against my Ness as a landslide and then was about to get 2-stocked by Ness when I died to something really stupid, so he taunted. In that time I respawned, fast-falled, ran up to him, grabbed, Bthrowed and ended the game - "That's what you get!" :p

But even though I knew it was justified it felt a bit bleuuuu. Ah well, glad to hear Ness was the most "unfair!" out of those three. :p
I forgot the % numbers for Lucario and Palutena, but Ness won with a % of 53.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I really want to see what will happen to Ness regarding the update. After seeing him horribly beaten up in the Lucas trailer I don't know what to think. Will Ness get buffed? Or he will get nerfed? Because the last is the least needed thing Ness needs. Either they buff PK Fire or leave it alone. It's a suck*** move. But for the love of all what's good, DOWN AIR! Can't they see that move is a piece of ****? Seriously, they can't miss that move while seeing For Glory, it sucks and each time people use it they get beaten up because it's USELESS. I want N64 Dair. Also, I'm wondering what will happen with his customs. I wish they get buffed becuase they kinda suck.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I really want to see what will happen to Ness regarding the update. After seeing him horribly beaten up in the Lucas trailer I don't know what to think. Will Ness get buffed? Or he will get nerfed? Because the last is the least needed thing Ness needs. Either they buff PK Fire or leave it alone. It's a suck*** move. But for the love of all what's good, DOWN AIR! Can't they see that move is a piece of ****? Seriously, they can't miss that move while seeing For Glory, it sucks and each time people use it they get beaten up because it's USELESS. I want N64 Dair. Also, I'm wondering what will happen with his customs. I wish they get buffed becuase they kinda suck.
I was thinking about that. The only really character-specific thing they put up for Ness was villager pocketing PKT and then floating away like no-one's business. Considering the title for Ness vs Pally and was it Sonic(?) was 'unfair!' I'm not sure whether they think Ness is crazy strong or crazy weak or something else. :p

I'm hoping they either leave Ness as he is or make Dair fiercely disjointed / transcendent so we can avoid juggles ehuehuhue :evil: Or just generally improve it in some way. :3

Although if they do buff him I won't complain. :laugh:

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I don't know if I would really take the Lucas trailer as foreshadowing any changes they might make to Ness in the balance patch. The "story" of the trailer is essentially Lucas returning the favor and saving Ness instead of the usual other way around, but it would be a little weird if Ness didn't look like he needed any saving, right?

On the topic of changes, I also don't think Ness will really end up moving that much in either direction unless something really drastic happens. Ness is very good but not dominating, and imo there's nothing "cheap" about his moveset that would prioritize changing that over something else another character has. I agree that D-air could use a buff though. I actually wouldn't change the frame data or hitbox size - being hard to hit lends itself to a "high-risk-high-reward" kind of style - but I would increase the knockback growth only on the sweetspot from 70 to 100 or so, because the main reason the move is useless now is because you don't gain sufficient reward off of it.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I was thinking about that. The only really character-specific thing they put up for Ness was villager pocketing PKT and then floating away like no-one's business. Considering the title for Ness vs Pally and was it Sonic(?) was 'unfair!' I'm not sure whether they think Ness is crazy strong or crazy weak or something else. :p

I'm hoping they either leave Ness as he is or make Dair fiercely disjointed / transcendent so we can avoid juggles ehuehuhue :evil: Or just generally improve it in some way. :3

Although if they do buff him I won't complain. :laugh:
Title for Conquest was "Unfair"? I dunno where you live, but from where I come from it was called "Supernatural Scrap", where the word "Scrap" meant "Battle".

Also, the three fighters were Ness, Palutena, and Lucario.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
The Ness beatings in the trailer mean nothing for balance. They just wanted to show a brother standing up for another.

If anything, I fear that Ness might be nerfed, but I honestly don't think he needs it. He's either top 10 or just barely outside of it. The japanese have him in B tier, and there are a lot of characters better than him. If anything, Sheik, Diddy, and Sonic need it first.

If they were to buff him though, I'd at least want them to fix the PKT2 wall nonsense :\

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Title for Conquest was "Unfair"? I dunno where you live, but from where I come from it was called "Supernatural Scrap", where the word "Scrap" meant "Battle".

Also, the three fighters were Ness, Palutena, and Lucario.
I'll check it again when I get a chance but yeah, pretty sure. Or something similar, at the very least.

And yeah sorry the third was Lucario. My bad. :p

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hello guys its been a long time since ive been on smashboards. I just wanted to say hello to all the regulars like PSI Boy, Luco, Noa and everyone else. With a lot of school work and switching mains i havent been able to be on smashboards. But now i can safely say im back for good.
I put ness away for a long time and started to use Olimar and Falcon (which i still use now) but not until i played a friend on wifi as Ness did i notice why I loved playing as him in the first place. After the match (which i won) I suddenly remembered everyone on these boards that shaped me into the Ness main I am today. I had to return to Smashboards.
So now im back and more experienced I hope we can all rejoice in maining the PSI powered youth Ness! (And eventually Lucas!)

Tl;DR: didnt go on smashboards for a long time. Remembered you amazing people that helped to shape me to the Ness main i am today. Now im back!

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator

Dude you were freakishly sick? Me too i was sick for the past 2 days it was horrible

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Dude you were freakishly sick? Me too i was sick for the past 2 days it was horrible
Errr ma gershhhh I know, my whole body has been aching, had sore eyes, cloudy head and a headache, sore throat, dry lips, annoying cough.... Bleuuuu, so glad I'm getting better, it was awful!

And how remiss of me! Welcome back Lochy, It's amazing to see all the old faces again. :grin:

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Errr ma gershhhh I know, my whole body has been aching, had sore eyes, cloudy head and a headache, sore throat, dry lips, annoying cough.... Bleuuuu, so glad I'm getting better, it was awful!
I had a cloudy head and a stomach bug so you already know where all my time was spent during the last 2 days...

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator

And how remiss of me! Welcome back Lochy, It's amazing to see all the old faces again. :grin:
Yeah finally back after soooo long. Feels good to finally be home!

Tikao

Smash Ace
Lucas got revealed, Ness has a chance to be nerfed and the Ness mains are already dying out.
Our future might not be the brightest of all characters

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Lucas got revealed, Ness has a chance to be nerfed and the Ness mains are already dying out.
I will never quit playing Ness. When Lucas comes out I'll main both. Also if Ness gets nerfed i will be upset. I feel like this is the only smash game where he has some recognition. Every other smash game (at least competitively) Ness was always thrown to the side, forgotten, just neglected because of some flaw. I want to him to actually be viable for once.

Last edited:

Kidodeath

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidodeath
3DS FC
2019-9682-8362
I will never quit playing Ness. When Lucas comes out I'll main both.
Yeah that's true , it's not the same character , I'll probably use Lucas as a secondary/main but I'll still invest into Ness's future in this game , love the character !

Tikao

Smash Ace
I will never quit playing Ness. When Lucas comes out I'll main both.
As long as you (and Luco) survive that illness, everything will be fine.
You need to think positive, even in illness there is the "ness" part ...
that was supposed to be cheesy, but it ended up just being stupid :C

Well, Luco can't die, because he is Autralian and therefore immortal (how else would anyone survive there?)

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator

Well, Luco can't die, because he is Autralian and therefore immortal (how else would anyone survive there?)
Luco and I are just having fevers that will then give us a new PSI ability. Or in this case (improved smash skills)

Also being immortal because Luco's Austrailan lol!

Last edited:

Kidodeath

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidodeath
3DS FC
2019-9682-8362
Ness won't die also because , Ness mains waited a lot since Smash 64 to be a great character .

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Cool man i hope i get to know you better. Also your profile picture is adorable!
Thanks. Since they've announced the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot, I think my two arctic amigos still have a chance, since the New 3DS has enough processing power. Now if only we can get enough people to vote for them.

If you think my current one is adorable, you should see my regular one. It is R.O.B. in his official artwork "hugging" G&W in his official artwork. I've gotten a few compliments on that as well.

Last edited:

Tikao

Smash Ace
that's not what i ment ... i need ninten to ride through this forum, so his happy spirit remains here forever, can't just lock that spirit away

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
that's not what i ment ... i need ninten to ride through this forum, so his happy spirit remains here forever, can't just lock that spirit away
Gotcha.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Well i found some cool ninten images you could use as your profile pic

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/167/e/1/chicks_dig_ninten_by_ask_ninten-d69cull.png

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130728002421/smashbroslawlorigins/images/2/2d/Ninten.PNG

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/001/6/1/Me_drawing_Ninten_by_axl_fox.jpg

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hello guys its been a long time since ive been on smashboards. I just wanted to say hello to all the regulars like PSI Boy, Luco, Noa and everyone else. With a lot of school work and switching mains i havent been able to be on smashboards. But now i can safely say im back for good.
I put ness away for a long time and started to use Olimar and Falcon (which i still use now) but not until i played a friend on wifi as Ness did i notice why I loved playing as him in the first place. After the match (which i won) I suddenly remembered everyone on these boards that shaped me into the Ness main I am today. I had to return to Smashboards.
So now im back and more experienced I hope we can all rejoice in maining the PSI powered youth Ness! (And eventually Lucas!)

Tl;DR: didnt go on smashboards for a long time. Remembered you amazing people that helped to shape me to the Ness main i am today. Now im back!
Hey, welcome back Lochy! Though I'm not as active around here (find me more on TL boards due to TL being... Less active than Ness boards).

I had a cloudy head and a stomach bug so you already know where all my time was spent during the last 2 days...
Ugh, don't remind me on what it's like to be sick...

Ness won't die also because , Ness mains waited a lot since Smash 64 to be a great character .
Oh great, now you've jinxed it! :troll:

Speaking of Ness not dying, in my headcanon, Pokey/Porky never gets his revenge on Ness since he got trapped in the Nowhere Islands before he raised his army completely.

I will never quit playing Ness. When Lucas comes out I'll main both. Also if Ness gets nerfed i will be upset. I feel like this is the only smash game where he has some recognition. Every other smash game (at least competitively) Ness was always thrown to the side, forgotten, just neglected because of some flaw. I want to him to actually be viable for once.
Yeah, not giving up Ness either, and I swear he better not get nerfed unless it is really small. Please don't wreck him like Meta Knight Nintendo.

Thanks. Since they've announced the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot, I think my two arctic amigos still have a chance, since the New 3DS has enough processing power. Now if only we can get enough people to vote for them.

If you think my current one is adorable, you should see my regular one. It is R.O.B. in his official artwork "hugging" G&W in his official artwork. I've gotten a few compliments on that as well.
I agree with Lochy, your current one is good.

Speaking of the ballot guess who I voted for? :pichumelee:

Get another pic of Ninten riding a train :troll:.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well you know me, I'll be here for Ness just as much as I'll be here for Lucas. After all, Ness has won me 2 tournaments so far, so I can't see him as ever drifting as anything less than what I intend him to be, a co-main. <3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Luco and I are just having fevers that will then give us a new PSI ability. Or in this case (improved smash skills)

Also being immortal because Luco's Austrailan lol!
IT'S FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT because I was playing a game of UN-themed mafia and someone got Australia and their power was bulletproof, or basically that they could shrug off an attempt to kill them with ease.

And finally, I don't think Ness is going to be nerfed too harshly if at all, for... reasons. :grin:

EDIT: Ahhh derp, it's been a while since I've double posted though I suppose. >_>

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
@ PSIBoy PSIBoy , why? Just why did you vote for Pichu? WHY YOU NO VOTE ICIES?!?!?!

Back to Ness. Turns out I can't get that video up because I don't have enough storage to record the entire match. But I will have it up eventually.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I really want ICs back because I think they're unique, but I felt that with the rumours of Kojima leaving and the possibility of that making :snake:'s return less likely, the time to pull him back in was nigh and voted for Snake.

ICs are a close call though. As the only cut vet that's been part of 2 installations already, I'm really hoping they find a way around the 3DS limitations.

Tikao

Smash Ace
ok, after 3 weeks of discussions in the Tikao backroom, there is now a profile picture which is both new and contains the spirit of ninten.
btw, we REALY need ninten as a ness costume

Top Bottom