• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Star in Brawl: Stafy Joins as an Assist Trophy

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
today was basicly a huge deconfirmation day XD, i likes it tho because i didnt want either to be playable. But there will be a ton of angry fans out there @_@ at least there an assist trophie =p

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
HE was my most wanted character! (next to King Dedede, before he was finally confirmed).

This will take some getting over... :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thank you Sakurai! Now Starfy as a char can finally die.

Now, just add in Geno to the roster and we're good.
I hope Geno gets the AT axe, jerk.

<3

But Waluigi softened the blow, and all in all, I'm just glad that he's in.

Jmax

Smash Cadet
Good, Sakurai made it know how useless Staphy was, by making him the worst AT.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
you want to know what wierd the first time I seen/heard about staffy was on this board yesterday lol

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Stafy should've been an AT, since he's good enough to be in Brawl, but not good enough to be a fighter.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Big update. Two hopefuls deconfirmed. Didn't particularly like them, but its a loss I guess. Glad we got pretty awesome update.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone keep saying that he's so cute? He's horrifying! Those frozen, empty, lustful eyes just staring at you...

Staring...

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Good, Sakurai made it know how useless Staphy was, by making him the worst AT.
Appearntly there is a little story going on in the Japanese gamers community, Here is a guy from another forum:
You guys do know the reason that Stafy was so downgraded by Sakurai, right?

I didn't know this until a Japanese friend told me, but Stafy fans in Japan say that Kirby is a copy of Stafy becuase Stafy is called Hoshi no Stafy (Stafy the star) and Kirby is called Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby the star or Kirby of the stars).

I guess there are some big fanwars over in Japan because Stafy fans are always saying that Stafy's more original than Kirby and Kirby shouldn't have been made and crap like that. So the creator of Kirby pretty much pwned all those Kirby haters in one fell swoop.

Read the description again; it's full of thinly-veiled insults
Kinda amusing...in a harsh way.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Feels like a nice kick in the face. I'm sad. I would've loved a Roy work here, to bring the Star to America. He's a lot more original than "genric sword guy #325289027509758".

Well misery loves company. Ha-ha, Waluigi fans.

T-major

Smash Champion
Waluigi decomfirmed!! YES!!..... we saw that one coming though...

and it sucks that Stafy is an AT. he would have made a cool character, but I think the main reason Sakurai didn't include him is because he saw problems getting his design to work in Brawl (no hands = no grab???)

now, I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm kind of happy he's an AT, because it raises Takamaru's chances as being one of the few Japan only characters; but Stafy would have been awesome, and I feel for his supporters.

heytallman

CTALL
Finally, a great update. I was getting so tired of all these lame game modes like Rotation and Spectator. I was actually thinking of Stafy like yesterday, thinking if he was going to be in Brawl. Now he is, and so is Waluigi as an AT. I just hope we can have more good updates like this more often.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
When I first saw Stafy I thought he was playable and got disappointed.. but then I realized he was just an assist trophy so woah.. that was close... Sorry to those who supported him :(

and I think we all can be glad Wailuigi is deconfirmed.. but his AT looks so cool.. atleast Sakurai realized he was limited to only holding a tennis racket lol, and maybe something else non cannon.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
... they expressly stated that assist trophies won't be playable characters in the same update that introduced them.
Read the Waluigi Smash Blog. They only said ATs aren't playable, it was unclear whether you would see ATs of playable characters.

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Appearntly there is a little story going on in the Japanese gamers community, Here is a guy from another forum:

You guys do know the reason that Stafy was so downgraded by Sakurai, right?

I didn't know this until a Japanese friend told me, but Stafy fans in Japan say that Kirby is a copy of Stafy becuase Stafy is called Hoshi no Stafy (Stafy the star) and Kirby is called Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby the star or Kirby of the stars).

I guess there are some big fanwars over in Japan because Stafy fans are always saying that Stafy's more original than Kirby and Kirby shouldn't have been made and crap like that. So the creator of Kirby pretty much pwned all those Kirby haters in one fell swoop.

Read the description again; it's full of thinly-veiled insults
Kinda amusing...in a harsh way.
Umm...

(Densetsu no Stafy)
Stafy of Legend
Game Boy Color
(Cancelled) (original schedule: December 2000)

Kirby's Dreamland
Game Boy
April 27, 1992

Rumor debunked? :p

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Umm...

(Densetsu no Stafy)
Stafy of Legend
Game Boy Color
(Cancelled) (original schedule: December 2000)

Kirby's Dreamland
Game Boy
April 27, 1992

Rumor debunked? :p
um, what?

Stafy = a star prince who lives in a palace at the sky.

Kirby's game are called "Hoshi no Kaabii" in Japan.

"stafy the star"

"Kirby of the stars"

......:ohwell:

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
um, what?

Stafy = a star prince who lives in a palace at the sky.

Kirby's game are called "Hoshi no Kaabii" in Japan.

"stafy the star"

"Kirby of the stars"

......:ohwell:
Yes, but your quote said Kirby was copying Stafy. I don't see how that's possible when Kirby's first game came out 8 years before Stafy's first game was even planned to be released.

Top Bottom