• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The stage that bugs you the most

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Question: What stage in Smash 4 bugs you the most?

For me it's without a doubt 75m. There's barely any space to actually run around on without going on to another platform and the one part where there is some space to run around, the stage hazard lies on on it. Also I didn't see a vocal outcry of people wanting it back from Brawl.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Any 8-Bit stage, like duck hunt. they're ugly and always get chosen when i try and use random.

TheArcfire

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProfesorSanchez
Yoshi's island because it's the most common stage on for glory and I don't really like the music

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
75m is pretty much a mess. Lots of stuff everywhere to hurt you, tiny platforms to fight on, it's just way too hectic and difficult to maneuver to really be anything even enjoyable.

I don't really play on stages that aren't legal though, so if we're just talking about stages considered to be legal..then, probably Prism Tower. I just don't like the different transformations it goes through. I would rather play through the different versions of Castle Siege and Arena Ferox.

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
For whatever reason I've always had this irrational hatred for Pac-Land. The visuals look really out of place and the stage hazards and scrolling bother me. Its a fun casual stage sometimes but really i just can't play a match on it without getting a bit frustrated. The music is good though... thats a plus i guess haha

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Pac Land. It is not that it is a scrolling stage, I hate the omega version too. I hate that stage cause it looks ****ing ugly. My second most hated stage is omega Castle Seige, because there is a big wall on the bottom right of the stage in the foreground, so sometimes when you go offstage on the right side most of the screen is covered by the wall, and also the fireballs sometimes go into the foreground and can be a small distraction for me.

Honestly I don't hate Duck Hunt as much as most people, I think it looks fine.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Mine is a Tie between a few stages.

Pacland - Ugly AF plus a horrible scroller.

75m - horrible stage design. hazards everywhere, ladders that randomly grab you out of a jump, the worst platform layout of any stage

Wrecking Crew - Ladders again. I hate ladders

Honorable Mention - Orbital Gate Assault Omega. Only because of that massive, loud noise that happens when the space station is in the background.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
All of the transformation stages in the 3DS version, even the tournament legal ones, are kinda iffy. The tournament legal ones are slightly less obnoxious but the ones that aren't are frankly cancer. They have a thing for fast platforms zipping out of the stage, and sometimes the main platform is one of them.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
All of the transformation stages in the 3DS version, even the tournament legal ones, are kinda iffy. The tournament legal ones are slightly less obnoxious but the ones that aren't are frankly cancer. They have a thing for fast platforms zipping out of the stage, and sometimes the main platform is one of them.
-cough- paper mario -cough-

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Magicant

Probably one of the best looking stages on the 3DS version. A beautiful background, a decent layout, and not that many hazards. It would probably be my favorite stage... IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT DUMB FLYING MAN THAT RUINS EVERYTHING.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
Pirate Ship

It just...feels so much like Jungle Japes to me, what with the running water and the constant threat of death looming just around the corner if you jump wrong.

Last edited:

ninjabot553

Smash Rookie
NNID
ninjabot553
Umbra Clock Tower, if were talking about a played stage.

The background of the stage is pretty distracting for me at least, and makes me nauseous looking at it.
(this is probably only a problem I have with it.)

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
3DS:
  • Mushroomy Kingdom: I honestly didn't like this stage in Brawl, so I don't like it in the 3DS version. I hate side-scrolling stages with a passion, vertical or horizontal, and the blocks throughout the stage are so annoying when they stop you from KO'ing someone. Makes me wonder why they even brought it back in the first place.
Wii U:
  • 75m: The platforms to fight on are WAY too small to fight on, and it's even worse to fight on without the walk-off on the right side of the stage. It's like they want you to fight extremely precisely on this stage if you want to win a match.

marteen_

Smash Cadet
NNID
martinthelee
Any stage that could've been legal without a couple quirks like Pokémon Stadium and Halberd. I really wish the omega variants were Pokémon Stadium stuck in the default stage and Halberd minus the hazards.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Duck Hunt.

It's huge.

It's got high platforms for star KOs.

It's huge.

Camera is unusually far.

It's huge.

It's legal.

(OK I know this comes from a purely competitive perspective but seriously, playing on DH is awful. If I had to pick from any stage, I would go with the majority and say 75m, despite it's minor changes from Brawl.)

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Probably Magicant and Pac-Land.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Duck Hunt.

It's huge.

It's got high platforms for star KOs.

It's huge.

Camera is unusually far.

It's huge.

It's legal.

(OK I know this comes from a purely competitive perspective but seriously, playing on DH is awful. If I had to pick from any stage, I would go with the majority and say 75m, despite it's minor changes from Brawl.)
Well, Duck Hunt is really weird and a bit of an acquired taste. It's kinda like the opposite of Halberd, Halberd is really small and tight, Duck Hunt is wide open with lots of platforms.
I think my biggest problem with DH is the edges of the stage. This is true on both versions, but even more so on the 3DS. The edges of the stage are *really* close to the offscreen, which makes the game feel slightly claustrophobic, and speaking of offscreen, it feels like there's barely any of it. This stage easily would've been the new Dreamland if there wasn't a platform nearly touching the ceiling and it had more than a metre of offscreen.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I would say 75m, but I think that's been said enough already, so I'll go with Omega Boxing Ring.
The ledges are stupid, especially since I main Mewtwo. Whenever I get it on random stage select I always want to just SD and try again to preserve my dignity, but I don't.
Also apparently there's a second wall/ledge/something at the end of the red banner thingy about halfway down the stage that you can stage spike people with and it's like WHAT????

Award for "Most Janky Stage" goes to...

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Well, Duck Hunt is really weird and a bit of an acquired taste. It's kinda like the opposite of Halberd, Halberd is really small and tight, Duck Hunt is wide open with lots of platforms.
I think my biggest problem with DH is the edges of the stage. This is true on both versions, but even more so on the 3DS. The edges of the stage are *really* close to the offscreen, which makes the game feel slightly claustrophobic, and speaking of offscreen, it feels like there's barely any of it. This stage easily would've been the new Dreamland if there wasn't a platform nearly touching the ceiling and it had more than a metre of offscreen.
Right, I forgot how damn close those edge's are to the blastzones!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I wonder when the strongest Up Throws in the game kill in that top platform.
If they kill any later than 50% I'll be surprised.
Just watch, Mewtwo's up-throw would probably kill at like 30%.

Last edited:

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
More than a few come to mind:
- 75m and Orbital Gate Assault, for more reasons than I have room for.
- Pac-Land, because it's ugly and sidescrolls.
- Palutena's Temple and Great Cave Offensive because they're huge and encourage camping and hiding out.
- Big Battlefield for all the platforms
- Bridge of Eldin, Gaur Plains, and that Street Fighter stage for the walkoff and the giant hole in the middle.
- Mario Maker, because walkoffs, lava, hidey holes, and that one guy who always picks it.
- Any stage with a boss.
- Several omega stages where the horizontal blast zones are super close.
- Umbra Clock Tower because it's dizzying.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Question: What stage in Smash 4 bugs you the most?

For me it's without a doubt 75m. There's barely any space to actually run around on without going on to another platform and the one part where there is some space to run around, the stage hazard lies on on it. Also I didn't see a vocal outcry of people wanting it back from Brawl.
I have many, but I shoot out just one. Skyworld. It's so easy to fall off even KO yourself on that stage because of the openness, and breakable platforms. I can't begin to ell you how many times I have ground pounded and fallen off that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom