• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Poll Lounge: DLC mode engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would like to note that Lucario got 415 votes. The same amount as Krystal, and less than Junior, Little Mac, Palutena, Roy, King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, and Megaman.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Dixie Kong is likely to get a lot more popular, fast.

I was so glad she showed up, although I am disappointed it's another DKC game. I was hoping for Star Fox, or even Metroid. But no.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, I don't know if it's too soon to say so, but after Megaman's inclusion, it seems as though the developers are both hearing and listening to the fanbase.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I don't know if it's too soon to say so, but after Megaman's inclusion, it seems as though the developers are both hearing and listening to the fanbase.

I was just thinking this. Villager obviously stems from Sakurai delving into past characters (And probably has to do with AC being one of the most succesful franchises not yet in Smash). But Megaman is just another Sonic IMO. He was added because of us. Either via internet request/polls recently, or the Brawl poll. I wonder if they've seen my results?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Had Sakurai not mentioned Animal Crossing as too peaceful a series to merit a fighter (up until now), I'd bet the Villager would have been right up there with Little Mac and Shulk for everyone demanding new series characters. Him or Tom Nook, at least.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not that I think this really affects his chances too much, but, no Kremlings? Anyone else think K Rool is not showing up in DKC again / for a while?

D

Deleted member

Not that I think this really affects his chances too much, but, no Kremlings? Anyone else think K Rool is not showing up in DKC again / for a while?
Like you, I don't feel this affect King K. Rool's chances (although I am surprised at the lack of K. Rool in the new DKC game), although I do feel as his future is pretty much dependent on whenever or not he gets into Smash 4. I really hope so as I don't want him to die...

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
King K. Rool is still pretty much a shoe-in. Despite not being in more recent DK games, he's still the main antagonist of the series. He's ridiculously popular and really unique, too. His blend of great moveset potential, immense popularity, and status as a key character to his franchise is only possessed by a few others such as Ridley and Palutena. He needs an appearance in SSB4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hopefully, Dixie's new game appearance will convince Sakurai to revisit her in Smash 4.

Also, Toad is going to make another playable appearance in a Mario platformer.

I really think these two really need more love and requests.

Quite surprised how Mega Man was the only popularly requested newcomer to be confirmed today, and that all three newcomers were new series. I think it could very well be that the focus for this game is giving series without a playable character a slot in Smash Bros.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
Agree on Toad, not so much on Dixie. I think K. Rool would just be a lot more fun to play as, personally.

Quite surprised how Mega Man was the only popularly requested newcomer to be confirmed today.
I know, right?! I was expecting Ridley, K. Rool, Mac, and Mewtwo since they're all obvious choices.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully, Dixie's new game appearance will convince Sakurai to revisit her in Smash 4.

Also, Toad is going to make another playable appearance in a Mario platformer.

Quite surprised how Mega Man was the only popularly requested newcomer to be confirmed today, and that all three newcomers were new series. I think it could very well be that the focus for this game is giving series without a playable character a slot in Smash Bros.
I don't really see it doing anything for Toad at this point. He will either get in with the résumé he has or he won't and no amount of playable appearance will change that. A new appearance by Dixie Kong, however, could help her chance if Sakurai wants to add her as a last-minute addition, but I do think her chances are good regardless.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right in regards to new series getting more focus. If the rumor about Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii being playable are all true, that brings us to six new series; two new third-parties (Mega Man and Pac-Man) and four misc. series (Little Mac, Mii, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer). It could very well be that we get at least seven new series for this game (because I definitely don't see us going without a retro rep, in which it'd be Takamaru).

Hopefully though we'll at least get Ridley, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Mewtwo and Roy for existing series additions.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It all went up for me.... Namco... Tekken Tag 2's Amount of characters... Damn this will be a LARGE roster

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
It all went up for me.... Namco... Tekken Tag 2's Amount of characters... Damn this will be a LARGE roster
I really don't think we'll see more than 45 characters. Sakurai has stated that the focus will be balancing and perfecting veterans. Namco will speed that along to the point to where we get at least some newcomers and the game won't have to be delayed repeatedly, but I don't think we'll get a huge roster. And to be perfectly honest, I don't want one above 50. There aren't as many great choices for the game as most people think.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
Here's the problem I have with your statement.

Sakurai likes to do things we never think of.

Wii Fit Trainer proved that.
Fair enough, but I still don't think we'll see more than 45 characters. There won't be enough time to balance the characters, improve the gameplay, add detailed new features, AND add a bunch of newcomers without getting the games delayed (which they can't afford to do). Crap Zapper was saying it's going to be a huge roster, but Sakurai's statements as well as the amount of time given for the remainder of development say otherwise.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
King K. Rool is still pretty much a shoe-in.

Hardly.

No one is a shoe-in. Our logic was pretty much destroyed by Sakurai yesterday. We got a character he said wouldn't be in Smash bros again, and a character no one would ever deem "worthy".

We don't know what we're talking about, flat out. Our best bet at this point is to take clues from everything Sakurai has said about SSB4, the trailers, and that's about it.

With that being said, I think the new FE:A stage has sort of sealed a FE:A character in my books. K. Rool not showing up AGAIN, Dixie showing up, and Villager being chosen to be playable (Think forbidden seven), kind of leads me to believe she's the DK character we'll get first and foremost.

Pretty much I'm predicting right meow:
Little Mac
Pac-Man
Mii
Chrom / Lucina
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo / Newtwo

And I really DON'T know where characters like Takamaru, Palutena, Roy, Ridley, and K Rool stand anymore. This is so painfully not about "importance", "Popularity" and "Prominence". It's about who Sakurai thinks would be cool / play interesting in Smash.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
This is so painfully not about "importance", "Popularity" and "Prominence". It's about who Sakurai thinks would be cool / play interesting in Smash.
Not necessarily. Just because two characters defied our expectations doesn't mean they all will. They still included Megaman, who we all deemed worthy through his immense popularity and importance.

It would be monumentally stupid of them to ignore choices like K. Rool, Ridley, and Little Mac.

And if Sakurai thinks that the Wii Fit Trainer of all things would be interesting to play as, that just opens up a lot of possibilities. It doesn't mean we won't see characters like Ridley.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It would be monumentally stupid of them to ignore choices like K. Rool, Ridley, and Little Mac..

It's entirely in the realm of possibility that Ridley and K Rool aren't added. But Little Mac is pretty much confirmed.

and you have to remember Megaman and Mewtwo are in leagues of their own when it comes to popularity.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
It's entirely in the realm of possibility that Ridley and K Rool aren't added. But Little Mac is pretty much confirmed.

and you have to remember Megaman and Mewtwo are in leagues of their own when it comes to popularity.
True, but K. Rool and Ridley are still in the top ten, and are the ones right underneath Megaman and Mewtwo. I'm still very optimistic about their inclusions.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Are they? Hope they can hear this then.

*shouts*

R-I-D-L-E-Y!!!

K-R-O-O-L!!!

M-E-W-T-W-O!!!!

this thread needs updating with the latest results.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll be releasing some new data today, it's the first time VIllager and Mega Man will NOT be present. Weird huh?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Uber Tier
· Mewtwo 799

Top Tier
· King K. Rool 623
· Ridley 621

High Tier
· Roy 570
· Little Mac (Punch Out) 513

Mid Tier
· Palutena 467
· Bowser Junior 456
· Krystal 451
· Isaac (Golden Sun) 422
· Paper Mario 412

Low Tier
· Waluigi 391
· Chrom 390
· Shulk (Xenoblade) 372
· Dixie Kong 358
· Banjo & Kazooie 352
· Majora (Skull Kid) 340
· Ghirahim 315
· Samurai Goroh 315
· Pac-Man 300

Low Tier
· Black Shadow 298
· 2nd Sonic Character (Tails, Shadow, Knuckles) 293
· Bomberman 292
· Lyn 287
· 6th Gen Pokemon 277
· Toad 255
· Lucina 252
· Mii (Wii Series) 251
· Rayman 245
· Dark Samus 240
· Zoroark 236
· Bayonetta 236
· Super Mario RPG (Geno, Mallow) 234
· Castlevania (Simon Belmont, Alucard, Dracula) 228
· Kingdom Hearts (Sora) 227
· Takamaru (The Mysterious Musasame Castle) 222
· Rosalina 220
· Pokemon Trainer (Johto) 219
· Ace Attorney (Phoenix Write) 218
· Doctor Mario 215
· Kamek 214
· Medusa 214
· King Boo 213
· Balloon Fighter 213
· Eevee (and Eeveelutions) 210
· Saki (Sin & Punishment) 210
· Pokemon Trainer (Hoenn) 201
· Toon Zelda 200

Almost Tier
· Claus (Masked Man) 199
· Vaati 197
· Viewtiful Joe 195
· Tom Nook (Animal Crossing 191

Everyone Else !

· Tetra 188
· Midna 187
· Dillon (Rolling Western) 184
· Wolf Link 182
· Crono Trigger (Crono) 182
· Professor Layton 181
· Tales Series (Cless/Cress, Lloyd) 181
· Final Fantasy (Chocobo, Black Mage, Moogle, Cloud, Lightning) 180
· Ashley 179
· Shy Guy 175
· Young Link 174
· Anna 172
· Captain Syrup 170
· Dark Pit 169
· Baby Mario & Luigi 168
· Ray MK (Custom Robo) 168
· Pokemon Trainer (Kalos) 167
· Magnus 166
· No More Hereos (Travis Touchdown) 160
· Mona 156
· Scribblenauts (Maxwell) 156
· Deoxys 155
· Hades 154
· Daisy 149
· Bandana Dee 148
· Pokemon Trainer (Sinnoh) 147
· Slippy 145
· Porky 145
· Conker's Bad Fur Day (Conker) 144
· Pokemon Trainer N 142
· Black Knight 141
· Street Fighter (Ryu, Chun Li, M. Bison) 141
· Pokemon Trainer Villain (Rocket Plasma Galactic Aqua Magma) 140
· Knuckle Joe 138
· Funky Kong 137
· Andy (Advanced Wars) 137
· Meowth 134
· Micaiah 134
· Impa 133
· Fawful 132
· Classic Link 129
· Tharja 129
· K.K Slider (Animal Crossing) 129
· Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) 129
· Toon Ganondorf 128
· Plusle & Minun 127
· Pichu 125
· Kat & Ana 124
· Genesect 124
· Prince Fluff 123
· Lip (Panel De Pon) 122
· Viridi 121
· 2nd Metal Gear Character (Raiden, Gray Fox) 114
· Eirika 113
· Tingle 112
· Pokemon Champion Cynthia 112
· Toon Sheik 111
· Baby Bowser 109
· Fiora (Xenoblade) 107
· Robin (FE13 Avatar) 106
· Kumatora 106
· Tiki 105
· Alex (Golden Sun) 104
· Soul Calibur (Nightmare, Ivy Valentine) 104
· Yarn Kirby 102
· Poo 101
· Hector 100
· Mew 98
· Jill (Drill Dozer) 98
· Peppy 97
· Jimmy T. 96
· Darkrai 96
· Sylux 95
· Battletoads (Zitz) 95
· Adeliene 92
· Duck Hunt Dog 92
· Ninja Gaiden (Ryu Hayabusa) 92
· Louie (Pikmin) 89
· Elite Beat Agents 88
· KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) 88
· Jeff 87
· Captain Rainbow 85
· Ninten 83
· Yarn Yoshi 82
· Felix (Golden Sun) 82
· Ephraim 81
· Zael (The Last Story) 81
· Mach Rider 80
· Groose 79
· Tekken (Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya) 78
· Blood Falcon 77
· Paula 77
· Matthew (Golden Sun) 77
· Resident Evil (Jill Valentine Chris Redfeild Leon Kennedy) 77
· Jody Summer 76
· Mike Jones (Star Tropics) 76
· Victini 75
· Eggplant Wizard 75
· Aeron (Pandora's Tower) 75
· Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) 74
· Dragon Quest (Slime) 74
· Flint 73
· Meloetta 70
· Giygas 70
· Lanky Kong 69
· Captain N 69
· Gardevoir 68
· Captain Quartet (Pikmin 3) 65
· Tempo (Harmo Knight) 67
· Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment) 66
· Phantom Zelda 65
· Caeda 65
· Leon 62
· Cranky Kong 61
· Excited Biker 58
· Mallo (Pushmo) 58
· Anthony Higgs 55
· Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) 55
· Muddy Mole (Mole Mania) 55
· Eliwood 54
· Marx 53
· Ana 53
· Donkey Kong Junior 52
· Panther 52
· NO THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS 52
· Andross 52
· 52 (1.5%)
· Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness) 50
· Dunban (Xenoblade) 50
· Reyn (Xenoblade) 50
· Elincia 48
· Calista (The Last Story) 48
· Walhart 47
· Prince Sable (For the Frog the Bell Tolls) 43
· Leaf 41
· Alice (Balloon Kid) 39
· Sakura Samurai (Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword) 38
· Magolor 37
· Ashley Robbins (Trace Memory / Another Road) 37
· Gooey 35
· Orublon 33
· Soren 33
· Pico 32
· Shake King 31
· Sigurd 31
· Tiki Tong 30
· Deathborn 30
· Stanly the Bugman 28
· Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk) 26
· Urban Champion 25
· Celice 24
· Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club pt. II) 23
· Hunter (Fossil Fighter) 23
· Heracles (Glory of Heracles) 22
· Tamagon (Devil World) 22
· Kiddie Kong 21
· Daroach 21
· Demille (Tomato Adventure) 21
· Dr. Stewart 20
· John Raimi (Geist) 20
· Hero (Magc Starsign / Vacation) 19
· Labrador / Grey Tabby (Nintendogs + Cats) 19
· Dr. Write (Sim City) 18
· Ryuta (Ouendan) 18
· Prince Richard (For the Frog the Bell Tolls) 18
· Narbarl 17
· Welt (Soma Bringer) 16
· Lark (PilotWings) 15
· Ryota Hayami (Wave Race) 15

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Wow, King K. Rool actually surpassed Ridley.

Dixie is still crawling up the list at a decent pace. Hope she makes it out of the low tier!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wow, King K. Rool actually surpassed Ridley.

Dixie is still crawling up the list at a decent pace. Hope she makes it out of the low tier!

If she does, it won't be instant, just because of the severity of how far behind she is from Palutena, Junior, and Krystal. (Pretty much the designated Mid tier characters)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Whoa, glad to see Bower Jr. doing so well. And I'm glad that Dr. Mario has some support as well.

And Shortie, not sure if you already know this, but Serebii has their SSB thread up and running again. Just wanted to check if you've already brought the poll there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom