• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Intro/Closing Room

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm really into cut/unused content from games and look on sites such as The Cutting Room Floor all the time to find interesting things, but there's one thing I haven't seen covered on any site so far about Super Smash Bros.

Remember the room you see in the intro and right after you beat Master Hand? We never get to see the other side of it, and I think there's a chance the entire room is modeled and has some things in it we have never seen.

I'm no expert in opening ROMs and searching for hidden data, but I would appreciate it if someone who has experience doing such things can look into this.

TempleofDreams

Smash Rookie
Hello! It's good to know that you like reading articles on The Cutting Room Floor. I am a very active contributor there, mostly on the Super Smash Bros. pages. When I tought I found everything I could, I find this:

Yes, there is an unseen door in the intro bedroom! It just blew my mind when I found this! Now I'm going to wander around searching for other unseen stuff on areas that only appear in the intro, such as the scene where Link is playing his ocarina.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Wow, that's awesome! Is the rest of the bed and window complete as well? The window has a texture with a grassy landscape (it actually looks a little like the SSBM All-Star Rest Area!) and some window curtains that you don't see the top of. Are the rest of the walls plain or are there some other posters we don't see?

Last edited:

TempleofDreams

Smash Rookie
Thank you! To answer your questions, here are some photos:

Yes, the bed is actually almost complete, aside for the glitchy sheet, and does have some details that you can't normally see. You can also see the door in this picture.

Here is the full view of the window. You can't normally see the top of the curtains, which is hiding an unseen pole. The window is slightly glitchy in this image due to an emulation error, so please ignore it.

If you thought there would be something cool in the unseen walls of the room... well, there really isn't anything.

This is what the scenery outside of the window looks like.
If you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer.

Last edited:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Very interesting; thanks again! If you don't mind me asking, how are you viewing these scenes? Are you using some sort of camera hack? I'd be happy to help get images of these unseen objects onto TCRF.

Last edited:

TempleofDreams

Smash Rookie
You're welcome! I'm using an emulator called Nemu64. One of the options in this emulator gives you free movement of the camera, and it is very simple to use. You don't need any sort of hacking to be able to do this. Here is a photo of the menu for said option:

If you have anything else to ask me, feel free to do it.

Last edited:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I checked out the intro scenes myself and unfortunately didn't find anything else interesting. As a kid I always wondered what the trainer who appears in Pikachu's scene looks like, but all I found was a pair of legs :(.

Thanks so much for your help! I'm sure there's still more stuff to find in this game.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
sometimes it's better to not find out and to let your mind wonder.

this is really cool tho. im gonna explore some of my favorite 64 games with this

TempleofDreams

Smash Rookie
You're always welcome! I have to agree that it was a big disappointment to find out that the bedroom in the intro is likely the only place in the game with unseen scenery, but the game makes up for that by being shockingly full of unused content.
Hope to see you soon!

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
Thank you! To answer your questions, here are some photos:

Yes, the bed is actually almost complete, aside for the glitchy sheet, and does have some details that you can't normally see. You can also see the door in this picture.

Here is the full view of the window. You can't normally see the top of the curtains, which is hiding an unseen pole. The window is slightly glitchy in this image due to an emulation error, so please ignore it.

If you thought there would be something cool in the unseen walls of the room... well, there really isn't anything.

This is what the scenery outside of the window looks like.
If you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer.
It would be kind of neat to see this as a stage just for the heck of it.

Madao

Ocarina of Time crashes when I try to run the ROM on Nemu64 :cry:
You can fix that by changing the filename from Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!] to Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) []. Any rom with an exclamation mark in the filename will crash when loading. Weird glitch lol.

Top Bottom