• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Squirtle Forum Chat

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Hey there. The old chat got ridiculous; it formed a hivemind, gained sentience, crapped out memes, and then set the world on fire.

So... We've started a NEW CHAT!

Booyeah

The new rules of this chat are simple. Only topics related to the squirtle meta and the smash scene are allowed to be discussed. I will moderate people who don't follow the rules.

post below with your email address to join this chat.

EDIT: after you post your email, watch your inbox for the Slack invitation, slack is the messaging service we are using.

You can setup a desktop app for slack, read this here

Our channel is SquirtleSquad.slack.com

PEOPLE FROM THE OLD CHAT POST YOUR EMAIL TO JOIN THE NEW CHAT.
@ Zwarm Zwarm
@cmart
@ Life Life
@ JCOnyx JCOnyx
@ Swooty Swooty

Post your emails again if you still want in chat, also other people that I can't remember the names of right now.

@standardtoaster can you sticky this please :) thankyou

Last edited:

HM07/Waterfall

Smash Rookie
Hey @ Zwarm Zwarm I was watching your tutorial on squirtle when he was still 3.02 squirtle. Would you say a lot of the things there still apply or would you say the video is a little dated. I'm just curious.

Asdfpie

Smash Rookie
...but isn't ok that the world's in fire?
I mean, we finally found a use for neutral b, right?

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Edited the invitation guide, we're using a much better service than hangouts now. Check your inbox for the invitation.

TGT | Ghosty

Jace Boster
NNID
studmuffin
This is THE Squirtle chat... right? I've been an Amish Squirtle for months.. and I need to get more involved.

HM07/Waterfall

Smash Rookie
Yo Squirtle Squad! So here in Austin I normally do pretty decently in most match-ups. But in the Marth MU I struggle pretty hard. So if y'all could I'd like y'alls help. I'm posting a link to Myself vs. Grime(one of the top ten here in austin) and he is using Marth. I don't feel like I did poorly in this MU but I cetainly made a lot of errors. I was hoping to get some constructive critisim on the match so I can fight Marths better.
I tried to space him out with bubble and then when I had openings I tried to deal as much damage as I could. I knew several of my approches were poor decisions. (aka, going in with withdrawl) But hydroplane Dsmash; bubble, and watergun are the only approches I feel comfortable doing in this MU b/c Marth punishes so hard. Probably one of my biggest problems was I sheilded and rolled when I didn't need to.
Regardless of what I think; I'm here to ask what do y'all do in this MU
Thanks y'all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kCxfwdw53E

Last edited:
Top Bottom