• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Special Flag

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Pong assist shown during the Direct. It makes perfect sense for that to be one of the summons, if that's what this item is.
No it wouldn't. The Color TV Game is one of Nintendo's first consoles and has nothing to do with Namco.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys are way too quick to assume the special flag is a summoning item. We've never seen it before so Charizard holding it above his head could mean anything.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think you guys are way too quick to assume the special flag is a summoning item. We've never seen it before so Charizard holding it above his head could mean anything.
He's holding it like it's an assist trophy. It is only natural to assume but we can't actually confirm it.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Wow! That's a very exciting thought on what the S Flag could do. I'm really hyped for this item now!

It appears in almost every game, not just the two listed. For example, Symphonia uses it for a Wonder Chef location.
Do you by any chance have a screenshot of that Wonder Chef location?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only difference is that the cloud actually looks like Pac-Man. :laugh:
That's true. Honestly, I think Sakurai and Bandai-Namco purposely put it in there to troll people, but not to actually guarantee anything.

That said, IMO, I'd rather see Pac-Man as a Special Flag Assist, and see Lloyd Irving with two swords as playable. Or Nightmare with his huge sword(and being highly different from Ike, since not only is it bigger, but he does lots of jabs and is more comparable to how Marth fights with it). Plus, he kicks~

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Do you by any chance have a screenshot of that Wonder Chef location?
Sadly, no and it may even have been in the sequel (eww) but I definitely remember it standing out due to rotating unlike other wonder chefs.

I'd rather see Pac-Man as a Special Flag Assist, and see Lloyd Irving with two swords as playable. Or Nightmare with his huge sword(and being highly different from Ike, since not only is it bigger, but he does lots of jabs and is more comparable to how Marth fights with it). Plus, he kicks~
Nightmare would play unlike any other swordsman but, to be totally honest, I'd rather they simply used their Namco connections to copy paste his moves onto Ganondorf. I'd still enjoy Nightmare though.

As for Lloyd, he is my most wanted 3rd party but I am starting to wonder how item holding would work for him. They could potentially give him the Eternal Sword when holding an item but it would be a major change to his attack animations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom