• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Soulful Diva of F-Zero: Kate Alen for DLC!

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias

Kate Alen is an F-Zero racer who first appeared in the game F-Zero X for the Nintendo 64 in 1998. Since then, she has appeared in over 4 F-Zero titles, and was even the focus of episode 6 of the F-Zero anime! Like fellow F-Zero pilot Captain Falcon, Kate Alen has never been seen outside of her vehicle and her moveset would require some creativity. Her bio states that she preforms music when she isn't racing in the F-Zero Grand Prix, therefore a moveset can be pulled from that! Another thing that Kate can add to the roster is racial diversity, something of which the Smash Bros. franchise is severely lacking in at the moment! Therefore she could be an excellent choice for DLC, or as a future candidate for Smash 6!

Neutral B: High Note - Kate Alen takes a deep breath and preforms a super powerful musical note that is strong enough to break shields and stun opponents. The move has to charge in order to unleash its full power.

Side B: Microphone Lasso - Kate Alen pulls out a microphone and tosses it like a lasso. The move can be used to pull opponents towards her for easy attacks!

Up B: Purse Toss - A recovery move where Kate pulls out her purse and tosses it in the air. The move can damage opponents that happen to be close by!

Down B: Taser - Kate Alen pulls out a taser and sends out a powerful voltage of electricity. The move can paralyze opponents for a few seconds.

Final Smash: Super Piranha - Kate Alen calls out for her vehicle, the Super Piranha which will ram into any nearby opponents and launch them into a generic F-Zero track, where they will once again be rammed into for a possible KO.

Arguments against Kate Alen's inclusion.

Why Kate? Why not Black Shadow/Samurai Goroh/Jody Summer/Pico/Other F-Zero Rep?

Okay, so there are quite a few more popularly requested F-Zero reps waiting in line for a spot on the roster right now. However, most people only want Black Shadow to be playable simply because they want Ganondorf to get his own moveset. Samurai Goroh has also returned as an assist trophy once again. Jody Summer, and Pico are also logical choices, however Kate has something that the others don't, and that is adding a character who brings a unique moveset, racial diversity, and another female into the roster!

She can't get in... her outfit's way too skimpy and revealing for Smash!

True, Kate's design doesn't really leave that much to the imagination... however this current iteration of Smash seems to have thrown that idea out of the window. Zero Suit Samus has gained two costumes that are pretty skimpy and revealing. Shulk's alternate costume is his swimsuit armor from Xenoblade Chronicles! On a side note, the game allows the player to take upskirt photos of Palutena's panties, or Zelda's tights! In addition, the same applies for various trophies such a Daisy's Mario Tennis Trophy! My point is that Sakurai appears to not care about outfits being too revealing! However, if people have such a huge bone to pick with this issue, then the development team can base Kate's design off of her F-Zero X incarnation! Or they can do like they did with Captain Falcon and fuse the designs together!

Also, her theme is pretty damn good!

Kate Alen's fabulous supporters!

• Thatkidwiththeafro
  • Slambros

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
If racial diversity was even a reason for a character to be added to Smash Bros., I'd still prefer to see Anthony Higgs, darker-skin Inklings, or Takamaru first. Likewise, Nabooru is recognizable to a larger audience and has some of the same niches...

Can't forget Paper Mario!

Also the fact that all the potential Rhythm Heaven characters would probably snatch Kate's musical niche right up before her.

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
If racial diversity was even a reason for a character to be added to Smash Bros., I'd still prefer to see Anthony Higgs, darker-skin Inklings, or Takamaru first. Likewise, Nabooru is recognizable to a larger audience and has some of the same niches...

Can't forget Paper Mario!

Also the fact that all the potential Rhythm Heaven characters would probably snatch Kate's musical niche right up before her.
You've beat me bro! By the way, I wanted to say that I also support Anthony Higgs too! :)

slambros

Smash Ace
I'd like to support this character too. Racial diversity and F-Zero reps are things Smash needs.

Top Bottom