• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm really proud of myself for rescuing Sokolov. Even if I did it on Super Weenie Baby Hut Jr. mode. I've only ever really played platformers and RPGs, so I don't have much experience with this sort of game. I'm also a wimp, so I turned off the blood effect and only used the EZ gun. But I didn't fall off the bridge, which I did on the demo version, so I'm satisfied.

The Snake Eater theme is about to play. I heard someone sing it at karaoke a few days ago, so it must be fate~ to hear it again so soon.

Everyone who wants a 3rd party now should be thanking Snake, charitably opening the way for the lessors to paticipate in Smash while educating lost souls like me. Truly a saint. :drshrug: (hoping nobody thinks I'm being serious and gets offended)
I'm doing the same in TTS. I'm going to do Normal after I beat it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sooo...

MGS4 Big Boss run is a *******.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Big Boss run is easy. Chicken run is the true challenge. Seriously, it's harder to blow it that hard than it is too play a perfect run.

Getting the Snake Eater song is the ultimate challenge.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
In my opinion, a lot of reasons people use for not wanting Snake don't have all that good reasoning to them.

He adds more to the game than he takes away...I know that sounds like an obvious statement. But he's got a unique personality, moveset, and universe that he brings to the game. It's not just a character you remove.
I've heard some good reasonings, but, yeah most of them are still not that justifiable especially now that Ryu in the game. I pretty much use that as a good counter argument against some people who thinks Metal Gear is Sony exclusive.

Speaking of Metal Gear, I've been hearing rumors on this thread saying that Bandai-Namco is going to try and acquire the IP, is this true? I've been researching on this all day but I've found no reliable sources on it. If Namco really is trying to get Metal Gear then I say it's in good hands what do you all think of this possible news?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've heard some good reasonings, but, yeah most of them are still not that justifiable especially now that Ryu in the game. I pretty much use that as a good counter argument against some people who thinks Metal Gear is Sony exclusive.

Speaking of Metal Gear, I've been hearing rumors on this thread saying that Bandai-Namco is going to try and acquire the IP, is this true? I've been researching on this all day but I've found no reliable sources on it. If Namco really is trying to get Metal Gear then I say it's in good hands what do you all think of this possible news?
Namco is one of the most trusted companies today. If they get the Metal Gear ip from Konami, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I would still like Kojima to work on both Metal Gear and Kid Icarus(for some reason, I think they'd work out perfectly).

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Namco is one of the most trusted companies today. If they get the Metal Gear ip from Konami, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I would still like Kojima to work on both Metal Gear and Kid Icarus(for some reason, I think they'd work out perfectly).
Cue Dark Pit being renamed to Liquid Pit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Goodbye page 199, and page 200 here we come.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
True story: My first PS3 died (as in: Stopped reading game disc completly) during the Screaming Mantis battle on my Big Boss run. To this day I still think Mantis's caused it.

Its worth mentioning Snake is getting another rerate in RTC soon.
Didn't they just rate him a while ago? It's just gonna be "hurr konami" or "durr kojima" again.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Didn't they just rate him a while ago? It's just gonna be "hurr konami" or "durr kojima" again.
At least we have a little more to combat that tired excuse. Nintendo going to talk to them, even if it's for Hudson properties, shows the two companies can come together regardless of whatever drama.

But it does seem kinda pointless to keep rerating the same characters over and over again.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't be online during the 200 page milestone, so I'll give my words now.

I've been lurking this thread since around the 100 mark, and I've been posting since page 141. I haven't posting been on this thread for very long, but i've been routing for Snake since the announcement of Smash 4. I'm just happy to see how many supporters Snake has.

We're almost there, only a few posts away! It's been quite the Climb!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hope Sakurai and Kojima(or atleast a Nintendo official)is looking at this thread, along with the Shantae and Wolf threads. All three of these characters deserve it.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Hope Sakurai and Kojima(or atleast a Nintendo official)is looking at this thread, along with the Shantae and Wolf threads. All three of these characters deserve it.
Where did Shantae even come from? I swear a few months ago nobody was even thinking of her and now she's got this massive support base out of nowhere.

Personally I'm pretty satisfied with regards to newcomers. Other than campaigning for my cut veterans, I support K. Rool, Ridley, Inkling, I'm okay with Isaac. I've enjoyed the newcomers this game without personally caring for most of them besides an AC rep. I hope future Smash installments won't cut characters, since I think the cast is already pretty formidable. Of course, since newcomers are part of the attraction of new Smash games, new ones have to be added, which means the roster will only become larger and larger. I don't want to see it become unmanageable, but what do? :4shulk:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Where did Shantae even come from? I swear a few months ago nobody was even thinking of her and now she's got this massive support base out of nowhere.

Personally I'm pretty satisfied with regards to newcomers. Other than campaigning for my cut veterans, I support K. Rool, Ridley, Inkling, I'm okay with Isaac. I've enjoyed the newcomers this game without personally caring for most of them besides an AC rep. I hope future Smash installments won't cut characters, since I think the cast is already pretty formidable. Of course, since newcomers are part of the attraction of new Smash games, new ones have to be added, which means the roster will only become larger and larger. I don't want to see it become unmanageable, but what do? :4shulk:
Shantae was one if those characters people wanted, but we're secret about it. I hope no one gets cut either.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Since we're almost at 200 pages, here's stan lee as revolver ocelot:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So today the Official Smash Brothers page posted and said "which character are you voting for?" I went to read some of the comments "Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEE!!!" it had over 300 likes! I was surprised.

Side Note: the comment on Wii Mote Safety Strap Man got Over 700 likes

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So today the Official Smash Brothers page posted and said "which character are you voting for?" I went to read some of the comments "Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEE!!!" it had over 300 likes! I was surprised.

The game's not over for Snake yet.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I probably won't be online during the 200 page milestone, so I'll give my words now.

I've been lurking this thread since around the 100 mark, and I've been posting since page 141. I haven't posting been on this thread for very long, but i've been routing for Snake since the announcement of Smash 4. I'm just happy to see how many supporters Snake has.

We're almost there, only a few posts away! It's been quite the Climb!

This is that one ladder from 3 that takes forever to climb, isn't it?

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Link to the post please?

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
To commemorate the 200 page extravaganza, I feel as though it's a fitting time to post my stories now.

Back in 1999, I visited my cousin's home for a weekend and watched him play Metal Gear Solid from sunrise to my dweebish bedtime. It was unprecedented for me, watching the cinematic cutscenes crafted by what felt like a filmmaker and the then state-of-the-art AI hunt down Snake (which, no offense to my cousin's skill, was quite a bit). Moments before I had to leave back home, my cousin must have taken notice of my starry-eyed trance after witnessing MGS firsthand and decided to give it to me for free, which he admitted was "way too hard" for him. The car ride home was one of the most unbearable ones during my childhood; analyzing each page of the instruction manual, engraving gameplay cues and button prompts into my mind to prepare myself, and becoming enamored by the vibrant (and mesmerizing hand-drawn) cast of characters that I was sure to bond with during this experience. Sure enough, I found the characters to resonate with me as strongly as I'd first thought. While the subject matter of nukes and terrorists flew over me, the humanity of the characters is what rocked my core. The concept of sympathizing with villains (specifically Psycho Mantis) was so foreign to me, but MGS managed to instill that into me. if It only took me four or five days to beat the game in its entirety, and to commemorate I called up my cousin and told him I finished it. "Son, what took me months to get through one part took you a week to beat completely," was along the likes of what he told me. Thanks to Metal Gear Solid, I've been imprinted with a preference of meticulously crafted, narrative-driven games and a ubiquitous respect for storytelling and cinematic direction. I also became aware of the term "*******" without understanding the meaning right before heading into kindergarten. Thanks a bunch, Otacon!

As for this thread, I've been stalking from the sidelines a few months before the Japanese 3DS version launched. Reading your guys' posts truly enlightened me on the Smash Bros. front; what felt like being the sole person in the Western Hemisphere who admired and longed for Snake's return wholly changed. The passion in this thread made me see that there's plenty of other kindred folk, folk who reinvigorated my optimism for Snake returning to the spectacular but incomplete roster of Smash 4. It wasn't until page 140-something or other that I decided to voice my thoughts on Snake's return, and while I don't post as often as I'd like, this campaign has been a blast to be part of. In the ocean that is the Smash community, I wanted to vocalize my thoughts, even if it made the smallest of ripples.

Bonus! I don't know if this video has already been posted here, but it's giving me the urge to mess around Ground Zeroes before Phantom Pain:

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
At least we have a little more to combat that tired excuse. Nintendo going to talk to them, even if it's for Hudson properties, shows the two companies can come together regardless of whatever drama.

But it does seem kinda pointless to keep rerating the same characters over and over again.
To be fair, while anyone can nominate rerates, it’s worth having them when the circumstances have changed or improved from the last time the character was rated. Like K. Rool after he received a costume.

From what I’ve seen, the main thing people brought up against him last time was the issues with Konami. This time, Snake at least has the Hudson deal going for him, which shows that Konami is willing to do deals with Nintendo, and uh…isn’t dead?

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...c-edition-day-124-amaterasu-and-daisy.398604/

I urge everyone to visit tomorrow (him and Shantae are up tomorrow) so that Snake can at least maintain (or improve) his already impressive want score.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The Italian Smash page had also a similar post, and you know what? The comment who says "Snake" is the most liked with...34 likes. The 2nd, to my surprise, is Toon Ganondorf with 29 likes.

Soo, tomorow Snake and Shantae (My 1st and 2nd most wanted) will be rated together? That will be an interesting day...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Snake is being rated for the third time. Most RTC rates don't go past two.

I'll just go and copy/paste my previous rating from when it was Sylux's day as well since nothing has really changed.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So, is there a real reason as to why he's getting re-rated again so soon? Besides having most of the nominations. Most of the reasons will probably go "Konami is going down under" or "Kojima is leaving the company" or just both. Which are true reasons, but that what it's going to be like.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
One thing did come up that helped snake which was the licensing of that IP to Nintendo. Other than that there is that Bamco rumour but it's just a rumor.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One thing did come up that helped snake which was the licensing of that IP to Nintendo. Other than that there is that Bamco rumour but it's just a rumor.
If the Namco rumor is true, Snake's definitely gonna be in Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Might as well post in here seeing as I've been lurking in my cardboard box for a while what with Phantom Pain being about 2 weeks away and 200 pages hype.
Snake was my Brawl main and that got me into what is now one of my absolute favourite video gaming series of all time.

"Kept you waiting huh?" is so fitting for DLC that it absolutely should happen in a trailer should he get one.

Top Bottom