• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Following you now.

Also another thing that bugs me is the whole Snake doesn't fit argument. That needs to die already.
Right? Who does "fit" in that game. Mario looks odd next to Kirby, Kirby looks odd next to Link, Link looks odd next to Samus... the list goes on. Nobody fits, so everybody fits.

I fit, you fit, Wii Fit Trainer.

Those are my words of wisdom. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
The thing that would concern me is the idea that they may want to avoid making the third parties seem like fixtures, noting Iwata's words that Sonic was a "guest" for a "second time". It would be completely crap for them to include Sonic again but not Snake though, especially when Snake was definitely the better developed of the two in Brawl. If he doesn't return I would hope they would elaborate on their reasoning so people who came up with ridiculous reasons for him to be cut don't feel like they were vindicated in their sloppy arguments.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I've been thinking about the "Snake doesn't fit. Too realistic" Argument I think we all can agree the Wii Fit Trainer is the Character that doesn't fit (Not that I don't have anything against her/him) Does a "Fitness Instructor" really fit into Smash? The Answer is NO! You see Sakurai made the Character fit! Seriously I don't remember alot of Arguing about Snake when he was in Brawl!

Anybody else recognized that Konami's putting one of there NES games on the e-shop once a week? Where's METAL GEAR?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Getting Kojima's permission because he never had any involvement in it.
well we would only get the nes one, japan got the two originals on the VC. Ours would have to be translated and all that, although it would be a smart move on their part to release the two versions from the subsistence bonus disc as e shop downloads.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Getting Kojima's permission because he never had any involvement in it.
I believe it's because in the NES version Snake and the Cast looked like Real Actors. That's what Kojima was going for.

well we would only get the nes one, japan got the two originals on the VC. Ours would have to be translated and all that, although it would be a smart move on their part to release the two versions from the subsistence bonus disc as e shop downloads.
I agree. I wonder why there holding MGS3D back so late from releasing in in NA and JP?

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
1. Do you like Solid Snake better than Big Boss?
I think I prefer Big Boss to be honest, he seems a lot more of an emotional character while Solid Snake is mission driven.

2. Do you like MGS2 Raiden?
I don't like anime style Ninja's so I only really like MGS2 Raiden. I have a tough time liking Greninja too

3. Do you think Solid Snake made the right move when he faked his death in the Tanker Chapter?
Solid Snake never makes any poor choices. NEVER.

4. Should Snake's recovery be changed to the Fulton Recovery System?
Would probably be funnier as the fulton. But I dont mind either way.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Faked his death so that he could prove we'd need him again one day.

A Snakes work is never done.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Konami brought some MSX games on the virtual consoles for 3ds and wii u, the metal gear ones are not brought over yet but I'm for sure they will bring them over. If you're going to have MSX games on the virtual console, you gotta have Metal Gear 1 and 2, for sure. I wonder why they didn't launch MSX virtual console with MG 1&2..maybe after he is revealed?
There is also the possibility of MG ghost babel hitting VC as well. And maybe when GC VC comes, for sure Twin Snakes should come as well.

Blade | Linus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vegetto_DJW
3DS FC
4355-9748-0308
Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS needs an intimidating character. There are none yet.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I see on a few other sites that some detractors are taking this Japanese ssb 3ds trailer as snake deconfirmation since konami wasn't credited there. I thought I'd heard it all, but now they have just lost it

If they had credited konami it would have pretty much let the cat out of the bag

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
I see on a few other sites that some detractors are taking this Japanese ssb 3ds trailer as snake deconfirmation since konami wasn't credited there. I thought I'd heard it all, but now they have just lost it

If they had credited konami it would have pretty much let the cat out of the bag
By their logic, wouldn't Shulk be disconfirmed since Monolith Soft isn't given credit in the trailer? And isn't almost everyone in agreement that Shulk will be in the game?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Snake isn't in the commercial so why credit them?
Not only that but if that we're the case monolith soft would need to be credited for shulk if he's in as well as anything rhythm heaven as we'll. It's full of holes just like the rest of the crud they fling.

Edit: ninjad by zyfoe

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Were HAL, Intelligent Systems and the Pokemon Company credited? Can't watch now.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
They know...

Considering some of them admit to visiting Smashboards and all...WE'RE BEING TEASED

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
@ Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000
I dont know man, I think Snake would kill her too.
His dad did do some monster hunting and ghost hunting after all.
Its in his genes to fight the supernatural.

@ Zyfoe Zyfoe
oh yeah, thats right, he gives them up.
He does make a poor choice...

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
In that commercial Itoi and APE aren't credited, but I don't think that BOTH Ness and Lucad are cut, expecially after the Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge itemd.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, the fact that commercials are out, and Snake still hasn't been announced yet is kinda disheartening. I know that if any third party character is going to be announced late it's Snake, since Kojima and Sakurai like to mess with people, and the whole "Kept you waiting, huh?" line is probably the reason he hasn't been announced yet, but this seems to be pushing it.

I know Snake has no reason to be cut, and a lot of reasons he should be in, but this month's direct cannot come soon enough. The next week or two will be the biggest for Snake supporters.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If people think that Snake doesn't fit in Smash because he looks "too realistic", they haven't seen his Nenderoid!

(I want one NOW)

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I think the lot of you are putting too much stock into the whole kept you waiting thing, do you really believe Sakurai would go to Nintendo and tell them hey lets keep Snake a secret character just so we can make an obscure reference that only metal gear fans will understand.

Top Bottom