• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If this is your way to get attention by mocking their fans, then you are wasting your mother****in' time.
but I wasn't
Honestly, you guys seemed to have more proof on it being wrong then I did at the time. I didn't want to try to upset you all, i just wanted to share what I had found.
I hope Snake is one of the characters that gets added back in.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Snake was actually my first vote on the Ballot. Hopefully we hear from Nintendo about the results soon after it ends tomorrow!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
In the meantime, I'll just...take a cigar, light it up and huff and puff...

I don't smoke, actually.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
In the meantime, I'll just...take a cigar, light it up and huff and puff...

I don't smoke, actually.
I'm just going to run around Shadow Moses with my pack of wolfdogs listing to The Best Is Yet To Come on repeat.

So how many votes did we all give to Snake? With the help of a friend, I managed to get 32.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm just going to run around Shadow Moses with my pack of wolfdogs listing to The Best Is Yet To Come on repeat.

So how many votes did we all give to Snake? With the help of a friend, I managed to get 32.
As many as I've lost count but still something.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hurry! Last chance to vote to bring Snake back! So we can had a team battle of this (:4mario::4sonic::snake:) vs (:4megaman::4pacman::4ryu:) Sakurai please make this happen again. Do it for your friend Kojima and the fans that loved :snake:! Everybody loves him.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN MY SUPPORTERS!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Hurry! Last chance to vote to bring Snake back! So we can had a team battle of this (:4mario::4sonic::snake:) vs (:4megaman::4pacman::4ryu:) Sakurai please make this happen again. Do it for your friend Kojima and the fans that loved :snake:! Everybody loves him.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN MY SUPPORTERS!
Or a battle of :snake::4ryu::4feroy::4myfriends:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Yeah I'm curious about this one too.
Let's change discussion from the troll leak to this.
I can't take it seriously.
As I said before on the leak forum not for one coincidence about the stage (Wind Waker one) could be all true.
I don't think that three DLC will be on sale in one day (tomorrow) minus Bomberman and Shovel.
And anothers take it as a true leak 4chan is not confiable for me. If the others don't want Snake we will support harder! I don't want a substitute of Snake I want Snake!

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I can't take it seriously.
As I said before on the leak forum not for one coincidence about the stage (Wind Waker one) could be all true.
I don't think that three DLC will be on sale in one day (tomorrow) minus Bomberman and Shovel.
And anothers take it as a true leak 4chan is not confiable for me. If the others don't want Snake we will support harder! I don't want a substitute for Snake I want Snake!
Is the leak implying that bomberman was highly requested? I know people want him but when it come to third parties I've usually seen others like rayman,snake, banjo, and the even indies like shovel knight get more mention and votes on fan polls. Unless, he's just replacing snake and nothing else, which sucks.

One thing that does bug me is if they could get bomberman, couldn't they get snake as well? Look at all the 3rd party mii outfits from Namco,Sega, and Capcom. If they could get more stuff at the very least they could get a snake trophy or mii costume.

Whatever man, I mean I like bomberman, but I just want snake back.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I say it is fake. Besides the fact that Kojima still wants Snake in Smash (as we know, thanks to the retweet of the Snake amiibo), the "Bomberman as a Snake's substitute" doesn't make sense. You don'the get in contact with a TP and then say "we will use Character B as a substitute for Character A", especially if Character B isn'the as much requested (so sellable ) like character A.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Is the leak implying that bomberman was highly requested? I know people want him but when it come to third parties I've usually seen others like rayman,snake, banjo, and the even indies like shovel knight get more mention and votes on fan polls. Unless, he's just replacing snake and nothing else, which sucks.

One thing that does bug me is if they could get bomberman, couldn't they get snake as well? Look at all the 3rd party mii outfits from Namco,Sega, and Capcom. If they could get more stuff at the very least they could get a snake trophy or mii costume.

Whatever man, I mean I like bomberman, but I just want snake back.
Honestly I see Angry Birds Red and Barbarian PEKKA or Hog Rider from Clash of Clans more viable than Shantae and Shovel
Also they win more money on mobile devices and more sucesfull "indie" characters

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Honestly I see Angry Birds Red and Barbarian PEKKA or Hog Rider from Clash of Clans more viable than Shantae and Shovel
Also they win more money on mobile devices than Wii games more sucesfull "indie" characters
I'd rather have the Indies over those mobile garbage. I hate angry birds and clash gets boring after a while.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

The ballot's been quite the ride. It's been a blast supporting Snake with you guys over the last few months!

Before I found this thread, I thought that the majority of Smashers didn't want Snake to return. But the overwhelming amount of support Snake has been receiving has proved me wrong. I believe Snake is a strong contender for the ballot, and I can't wait to see the results!

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
GETTIN' HYPE OVER HERE
A friend actually bought me a pair of cigars yesterday. Can't wait for the results! Time to hunker down.
Also, my sister's taking me to get tattoos next month, on my birthday. Seriously tempted to get the FOX patch on my shoulder. Tempting tempting.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah, it's been one hell of a ride since smash 4 was announced. We've hit some bumps along the way, but hopefully it will end well for us. If snake comes back, we'll have one hell of a story to tell.

RobinOnDrugs

I'd be more surprised if Snake DOESN'T become DLC by this point. He's one of the most requested characters from the ballot and arguably the most requested third party character since the ballot began.

Same goes with Wolf.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
And Bomberman, a good guy ;):troll:
Qonamy kombo wombo feat Messi from PES
...and Shovel
View attachment 76114
Im not inclined to believe that one, honestly anyone could have guessed an amount of characters and which stages they would like to see back. The thing that stands out the most is that it just seems like a nintendo purists wet dream, when as weve seen sakurai would never pander to that degree, hes always gotta throw at least some curve ball in there, its never been that easy. I also dont think konami's situation would have been the result of snake's absence either since for the most part kojima was still on good terms and fully into his project while smash 4 was being made to which point i doubt he would have relayed his issues with the company to sakurai or anything like that, once again telling me this screams more towards the rules of one fans perspective on the roster then anything the team would actually do.

-----
Anyway as always, the best we can do is get the word out and make sure they recognize the want we have for snakes return. His moveset is already in place, he already has a stage and music, really the pros outweigh any cons there could ever be. Its sakurai's move and we can hope he weighs out this decision with our best interests in mind.

1 last day my comrades, its time to give em hell....no we're going even deeper then that. If they dont want us then fine, this will be our outer heaven...

It doesnt end here

Last edited:

Crocodile19

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crocodile19
All I can say is that Snake better come back as dlc, I've been supporting him this whole time. [and no one else]

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I don't like how part of the 'leaks' always have something I love and then something that's just bizarre in my opinion. The most recent one with Bomberman is just weird because of how it describes Bomberman as a "spiritual successor" to Snake. As if that's going to be his advertisement when Nintendo releases him--remember Snake's inclusion in Brawl? YES. Remember the codecs? OMG YES. Remember his unique play-style resembling that of Metal Gear? OMG YEEESSSS. Well here's Bomberman! ....wut?

RobinOnDrugs

I don't like how part of the 'leaks' always have something I love and then something that's just bizarre in my opinion. The most recent one with Bomberman is just weird because of how it describes Bomberman as a "spiritual successor" to Snake. As if that's going to be his advertisement when Nintendo releases him--remember Snake's inclusion in Brawl? YES. Remember the codecs? OMG YES. Remember his unique play-style resembling that of Metal Gear? OMG YEEESSSS. Well here's Bomberman! ....wut?
That's how it is with a lot of leaks. They all have something everybody wants and then they do something that takes their credibility and chucks it off of a skyscraper.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*Decides to look at Etika's Straw Poll again*
*Sees Snake is leading by over 1000 votes*

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
It's over 5000!!! (Vegeta meme)
image.jpg

Great!! Snake has a lot of support over the indies news and vets
image.jpg

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hello Guys, I am back from the dead again. I wanted to come back the final day of the Smash Ballot. I never thought I'd ever see this day! I posted here last week, I said that there was an apparent "Snake Leak" on reddit, what the leak contained was that the same Data Miner for Roy and Ryu stated "Snake was in the games files" Apparently the whole smash community knew about this included Etika. I found this information on kik and miiverse I'm 99.9% sure that information was false.

I've been playing a lot of the Phantom Pain. I completed it last night, I unlocked the final story mission "The Man Who Sold The World" I've got to say I was shocked by the game's ending, I guess it all fits into the Metal Gear Timeline now.

I have seen Etika's poll and I am shocked that Snake is taking the lead. I would say he would be in the 3 Characters data flies leaked yesterday if not I would be surprised, because most of the Smash community follows Etika. I hope that Solid Snake along with Shadow Moses returns. The Ballot ends I'm guessing at midnight I will vote several times tonight for Snake.

What has been going on around this thread???

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
People really love trolling the Snake thread, huh?
Oh, and about Speed. I know she may sometimes come off as a total troll (and maybe she is sometimes) but she really isn't like that much. From someone who knows Speed quite well, cut her some slack and, please, give her a warm welcome if/when she comes back.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Oh, and about Speed. I know she may sometimes come off as a total troll (and maybe she is sometimes) but she really isn't like that much. From someone who knows Speed quite well, cut her some slack and, please, give her a warm welcome if/when she comes back.
Fankly, we get a lot of troll and we can only only take so much crap. Trolling like that isn't cool as well, so it's not fair to expect us to be passive when she actively prods us.

Regardless, our battle is almost over. Soon, Snake shall return to his Outer Haven, and we'll be there with him.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Legitimate question: Will people be able to vote tomorrow? Or does the ballot end tomorrow?

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
It's been a long time guys! Great job for keeping up the support despite the issues of what going on at Konami. I hope he made it through and everybody including ArmyDude956 will jump in joy and celebrate. Thanks,guys for all the support we need. It's been a fun ride for all of us.

Here is a video of Snake vs. Meta Knight in a insane Sudden Death.

Now go cast all your votes before it's too late!

Last edited:
Top Bottom