• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ F Fire Rider Don't think I've met you yet! You must be new here. We've covered all that stuff like a year ago lol. (But you are giving me some awesome deju vu)

The only really struggle i see with Snake returning is the struggle between Konami and Kojima really.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I'm really surprised this never happened. Also this is seriously one of the best Twitter accounts.
codec.PNG

Last edited:

Hero's Shade

Smash Rookie
Imo there's no reason Snake shouldn't return to Smash. It's a crime that he hasn't already, really.

Last edited:

MrHashshashin

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone been watching this thread for a while with nothing really worthwhile to post but I am a huge Snake supporter and someone brought up the point snake shouldn't return as mgsV isn't going to be on wii u so I pointed out that mgs 4 wasn't on wii but snake still got into brawl. I'm sure you've all had similar moments but this guy was persistent and responded to that with how snake was planned for melee so I responded with (and you should probably also use this if people try and use that against you) is that mgs2 wasn't on gamecube, also did anyone else know mgs2 was released 9 days before melee. I dunno probably a pointless post but thought I'd voice my support

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Imo there's no reason Snake shouldn't return to Smash. It's a crime that he hasn't already, really.
While there is no reason Snake shouldn't return, there may be reason why he would'nt.
The whole Konami VS Kojima thing kind of worries me.

Snake in Smash4 would be great.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The idea in my head from this looks a lot like Dedede's dash attack.

I like it, but I would honestly prefer the combat roll.
Same here, I rather just keep his moveset the way it was in Brawl with some minor hitbox tweeks at most.

At least I know what I'll be doing in MGS5 now, can't wait to go box sledding.

While there is no reason Snake shouldn't return, there may be reason why he would'nt.
The whole Konami VS Kojima thing kind of worries me.

Snake in Smash4 would be great.
While it could be an effect, I don't think it's really as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Konami isn't going out of business, nor are they ending Metal Gear. If Nintendo wants to put him in, they still can approach them about it. Nintendo just needs the incentive to make the effort, and what better way to do so than to prove that Snake has demand and would be a financial success for them.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If you guys are interested in building a pc, they're bundling the phantom pain with the gtx 900 series. Neat deal.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Quick question:
Would you consider this Reddit relevant for Snake?

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...te_compilation_of_snake_information/?sort=top

Because I agree about Kojima and Sakurai are hiding something.

The most important points of these Reddit:
All old info that does matter, but is sadly currently stagnant.
Still it's a possibility it could relate. For example Sakurai perhaps could want snake back as sort of a last call for Kojima since he's no longer there and was the reason he got in the first place.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Dash attack.

It made me so happy when Snake's headband was confirmed for Phantom Pain!

Along with the MGS1 style sneaking suit, now I can play as MGS1 Solid Snake! But now with a mullet, a full beard, wears an eyepatch for no reason, gained a robotic arm, is teaming up with young Ocelot and Miller to form his own army, and he also does a killer Kiefer Sutherland impression.

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
It made me so happy when Snake's headband was confirmed for Phantom Pain!

Along with the MGS1 style sneaking suit, now I can play as MGS1 Solid Snake! But now with a mullet, a full beard, wears an eyepatch for no reason, teaming up with young Ocelot and Miller to form his own army, and he also does a killer Kiefer Sutherland impression.

I thought having a playable ROCKET PEACE, that nothing could make the demo better. But one piece of cloth did.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I thought having a playable ROCKET PEACE, that nothing could make the demo better. But one piece of cloth did.

Galvez, Mazinger Z, and Captain Falcon would be so proud...

...About the attack! Not blowing up Konami, that would be illegal

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Guys, reading trought some old pages, I found out something: It's been a whole year and 5 days since I joined this thread, back at page 61. At the time I wasn't sure about supporting Snake, but you guys welcomed me anyway and convicted me that Snake should return. And if I have to be honest, this is my favourite thread in the whole site. Most of other threads of characters I support aren't like this (The Mewtwo and KKR are always and heavily Off-Topic, the Lucina one is just all about LucinaXRobin ship, there isn't one for Dr. Mario and the Shantae one is constantly spammed with fan-art and ANY random video that talks about her, plus it's full of useless hate for Shovel Knight). Here we are all MG and Snake fans, and I simply enjoy way more stay here and discuss dumb reasons against Snake's return and other stuff.

BTW, is anyone here going to play MGSV on the PS3? I would like to play MGO with some of you!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, I can sense the love for Snake in this thread. Very refreshing.

I'm not even a big fan of Metal Gear, but damn it, this thread makes me happy to know that you fine folks are~

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
@ FeenieTheTrite FeenieTheTrite That pic looks great. Looks like what Zero Suit Samus would get for a cross franchise costume feature in Smash from Solid Snake.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Full supporter for Snake to come back into Smash 4. I can't wait to see his new look and how the mechanics of Smash play along with his playstyle! Just pre-ordered Phantom Pain too, so this is going to be sooooooo awesome.

I had this idea for his taunts so that way he is not always going into the cardboard box. This probably won't happen but what if he can use more of his items instead of just the box?

Up taunt = Cardboard box
Down taunt = Crouches down and call via Codec like in Project M
Right Side taunt = Rations to restore a bit of health
Left Side taunt = A magazine of the latest Smash Bros characters so opponents can trip on them

Honestly I doubt this much work would be put on him, but it would be cool to see more MGS references and some new tricks up Snake's sleeves.

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
Full supporter for Snake to come back into Smash 4. I can't wait to see his new look and how the mechanics of Smash play along with his playstyle! Just pre-ordered Phantom Pain too, so this is going to be sooooooo awesome.

I had this idea for his taunts so that way he is not always going into the cardboard box. This probably won't happen but what if he can use more of his items instead of just the box?

Up taunt = Cardboard box
Down taunt = Crouches down and call via Codec like in Project M
Right Side taunt = Rations to restore a bit of health
Left Side taunt = A magazine of the latest Smash Bros characters so opponents can trip on them

Honestly I doubt this much work would be put on him, but it would be cool to see more MGS references and some new tricks up Snake's sleeves.
I want the magazine one now.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
What kind of magazine are you implying? A promo mag like in the original MGS, or like a Nintendo Power?
I was thinking, if Nintendo does something like this, it would be the Nintendo Power magazine so they can pay homage to Nintendo Power. Although either way by the MGS promo magazines or Nintendo Power, having a taunt where Snake lays down a magazine would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I was thinking, if Nintendo does something like this, it would be the Nintendo Power magazine so they can pay homage to Nintendo Power. Although either way by the MGS promo magazines or Nintendo Power, having a taunt where Snake lays down a magazine would be pretty cool.
Wasnt there some nintendo power esque magazines lying around in mgs3d? I know they were in there but i cant find a image of it

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Was with a few friends and when one asks "most likely third parties?", I answer Rayman followed by Snake.

Then another guy says that the Konami feud lowers his chances to the equivalent of Shantae's.

Bleh.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Konami doesn't feel like letting Nintendo make money for them. It's just way too much work. They're really busy promoting the **** out of the new Metal Gear game, and having Snake show up in Smash would make that really hard to do. If Nintendo wanted to put Snake back in Smash, it would also make it really hard for the gambling and mobile divisions of Konami in Japan to focus on their jobs like they want to. Also Kojima really hates the Metal Gear series now and wishes it never existed. Just look at his twitter. He hates even being associated with it.

It really sucks how a company restructuring itself deletes all their previous work. I can't believe Snake is this boned.
This is what I feel like every "but Konami is having issues" argument boils down to. Nobody explains how it realistically effects Snake's chances, other than saying Kojima or Konami will say no out of spite or something, which is silly.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Was with a few friends and when one asks "most likely third parties?", I answer Rayman followed by Snake.

Then another guy says that the Konami feud lowers his chances to the equivalent of Shantae's.

Bleh.
Honestly, I think the Kojnami situation is blown a bit out of proportion. It IS worrying, but not enough to drop him to have equal chance of shantae imo.

The Konami situation is beat summarized like this:
-Kojima was fired
-PT was cancelled
-Konami announces they will be focusing more on Mobile
-Konami takes down Super Bunnyhop Video
-Konami delists from the New York Stock Exchange

A good read on why kojima was fired:

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...l_probably_never_have_the_entire_picture_but/

Basically, Kojima went over budget with this game. MGS is a big gaming franchise, but it isn't as big the likes of gta or cod. Kojima is going all out with this game, with his marketing stunts and hiring big name actors like Keifer Sutherland and Norman Reedus for his games. Games cost a lot of money to make and these companies need to make a profit. It probably costs too much to achieve his true vision. Seriously though, give that post a read. It makes a lot of sense.

Also this is probably why we are not getting a Wii U version of MGSV. In order to receive a quality port, they'd need to put in a good amount of work and money for it. If they did that, would they profit of a wii u version? It's been shown that 3rd party games don't really sell well on wii u. Granted, most multiplats WERE gimped, but those guys were playing it safe.

Going Mobile:

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19707

Konami will still be developing for consoles. It makes sense. The main market for the metal gear franchise is CONSOLE. It would be really dumb to ditch it. They'll probably make a metal gear game for mobile, just to test the waters, but it's home will always be console.
Plus:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...es-plan-for-brand-new-metal-gear-solid-series
They still have plans for a new metal gear solid series.

Here is the super bunnyhop video they took down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMK-kajdgMA

The main reason people say the konami situation hurts snake's chances is because Kojima is leaving konami. Everyone here knows Kojima asking Sakurai is the main reason Snake was in brawl, so it is definitely understandable as to why people would think that it hurts his chances. But, we also have to remember that Yuji Naka also asked for sonic in melee. During Brawl's development, he did not work at sega. But Sakurai still somehow managed to get sonic in the game, despite sega being difficult.
The sitaution is some what similar, except Naka left and Kojima was fired. So, it may not be too much of a problem. It's pretty much in Sakurai and Konami's hands. If it's viewed as profitable and a good decision, then Konami will say yes.

I'm not saying Snake is the most likely candidate and what not, but I think he isn't as hopeless as most others make him to be.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Honestly, I think the Kojnami situation is blown a bit out of proportion. It IS worrying, but not enough to drop him to have equal chance of shantae imo.

The Konami situation is beat summarized like this:
-Kojima was fired
-PT was cancelled
-Konami announces they will be focusing more on Mobile
-Konami takes down Super Bunnyhop Video
-Konami delists from the New York Stock Exchange

A good read on why kojima was fired:

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...l_probably_never_have_the_entire_picture_but/

Basically, Kojima went over budget with this game. MGS is a big gaming franchise, but it isn't as big the likes of gta or cod. Kojima is going all out with this game, with his marketing stunts and hiring big name actors like Keifer Sutherland and Norman Reedus for his games. Games cost a lot of money to make and these companies need to make a profit. It probably costs too much to achieve his true vision. Seriously though, give that post a read. It makes a lot of sense.

Also this is probably why we are not getting a Wii U version of MGSV. In order to receive a quality port, they'd need to put in a good amount of work and money for it. If they did that, would they profit of a wii u version? It's been shown that 3rd party games don't really sell well on wii u. Granted, most multiplats WERE gimped, but those guys were playing it safe.

Going Mobile:

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19707

Konami will still be developing for consoles. It makes sense. The main market for the metal gear franchise is CONSOLE. It would be really dumb to ditch it. They'll probably make a metal gear game for mobile, just to test the waters, but it's home will always be console.
Plus:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...es-plan-for-brand-new-metal-gear-solid-series
They still have plans for a new metal gear solid series.

Here is the super bunnyhop video they took down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMK-kajdgMA

The main reason people say the konami situation hurts snake's chances is because Kojima is leaving konami. Everyone here knows Kojima asking Sakurai is the main reason Snake was in brawl, so it is definitely understandable as to why people would think that it hurts his chances. But, we also have to remember that Yuji Naka also asked for sonic in melee. During Brawl's development, he did not work at sega. But Sakurai still somehow managed to get sonic in the game, despite sega being difficult.
The sitaution is some what similar, except Naka left and Kojima was fired. So, it may not be too much of a problem. It's pretty much in Sakurai and Konami's hands. If it's viewed as profitable and a good decision, then Konami will say yes.

I'm not saying Snake is the most likely candidate and what not, but I think he isn't as hopeless as most others make him to be.
This was an interesting read, thank you for posting this. It's insane thinking how far Kojima will go to making a game, even if it meant being fired from the company. In the end though, it is kinda true. Konami needs to make a profit. If they can't make back what they used, then that's just going to lead to them having less money, which is obviously bad. While Konami still has done some questionable choices, I can kinda see why now.

It also makes me realize the trouble of putting MGS games on Nintendo consoles. Konami (Or Kojima) want to put these games on the system, but because of limitations, (or just sales) they can't. MGS4 and now MGS5 were possibly not on Nintendo systems simply because of hardware limitations and other problems. I'm sure a lot of people here have realized that, but it is a sad truth.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I still believe in a possible good negotiation of Nintendo and Konami.

Similar to Kojima, the Megaman's creator left Capcom but this trouble not affected the relationship and negociations with Nintendo.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/10/29/mega-man-creator-leaves-capcom

Megaman joins Super Smash Bros three years after.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-mega-man-joins-super-smash-bros

...The year of negociation with SEGA before Sonic joins Brawl.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

The negociations for an Nintendo vs Capcom for Wii, that finished with the inclusion of Ryu and Megaman to Smash Bros, and annoyed to Iwata. Being a sensation of concept crossover game on Deviantart and other game forums.
http://www.cubed3.com/news/15105/1/ono-nintendo-x-capcom-ask-sakurai.html
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/02/05/apologizing-for-nintendo-vs-capcom
http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?q=nintendo vs capcom

The problems with the design of Pacman, after leaving the idea of Heihachi as NAMCO smash fighter; similar in fighting concept to Ryu.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/2...-from-smash-if-couldnt-use-old-school-design/
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

If Kojima and Konami could have ended with bad terms, they had cut their relationship inmediately and maybe the game had been canceled, with demands of both sides. Thing that I don't see because Konami and Kojima keep promoting the game mutually, especially on Twitter.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Some great points brought up in here. @ cmbsfm cmbsfm that was a great post there...might just add it to the OP soon.

You guys really do give me a big boost of confidence every time I check in. A lot of threads just talk about the character and Smash. This thread is all about Snake, Smash AND Metal Gear.

You guys are what Smash is all about. Celebrating not only the character, but the game they come from. You guys are great. :)

EDIT: I've added the Snake post from Reddit to the OP

Last edited:
Top Bottom