• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've been debating to myself whether I want Snake back. And I've decided that I'd be happy to see Snake back. Sign me up on the supporters list.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've a few questions about Snake - 1: Would it be necessary to add in Snake's Codecs when Pit's Guidances are essentially the same thing?
2: Any ideas for a new stage for the 3DS and Wii U versions? Maybe they could get away with Shadow Moses Island on 3DS like Green Hill Zone, but given my knowledge of Metal Gear is there any other distinctive location that stands out in the series?
That's pretty much all I need to ask. I'm heading off to bed now - Good night.:tired:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've a few questions about Snake - 1: Would it be necessary to add in Snake's Codecs when Pit's Guidances are essentially the same thing?
2: Any ideas for a new stage for the 3DS and Wii U versions? Maybe they could get away with Shadow Moses Island on 3DS like Green Hill Zone, but given my knowledge of Metal Gear is there any other distinctive location that stands out in the series?
That's pretty much all I need to ask. I'm heading off to bed now - Good night.:tired:
1. Debatable. The Guidances stole the entire concept, so I wouldn't be surprised if Snake's codec was relegated to a small Easter egg like the Corneria convos on the 3DS version.

2. Shadow Moses on 3DS, methinks. As for Wii U, they have a few options:

-Make a stage to promote Phantom Pain(a la Wooly World)
-Make a stage from a recent game(Peace Walker's runway in the Nicaragua base is something I'd like to see)
-Shadow Moses twice(likely)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
1. Debatable. The Guidances stole the entire concept, so I wouldn't be surprised if Snake's codec was relegated to a small Easter egg like the Corneria convos on the 3DS version.

2. Shadow Moses on 3DS, methinks. As for Wii U, they have a few options:

-Make a stage to promote Phantom Pain(a la Wooly World)
-Make a stage from a recent game(Peace Walker's runway in the Nicaragua base is something I'd like to see)
-Shadow Moses twice(likely)
Shadow Moses for Wii U, Rokovoj Bereg for 3DS.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I want Snake in as much as the next guy, but unlike other possible DLC choices, his third party status makes his situation quite tricky.
Kojima didn't seem to have an active interest in having in Smash this time around, so if it were to happen he would obviously need to be involved and oversee his inclusion, however he is occupied with several other projects at the time. And not only Kojima, but Konami would have to be onboard as well making meetings, paperwork, supervisions, etc. mandatory. It's one thing to ask for Wolf or Lucas but with Snake it's a long shot. A shame really, despite not having the same iconic status of the other third parties, his moveset was fun and unique.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I want Snake in as much as the next guy, but unlike other possible DLC choices, his third party status makes his situation quite tricky.
Kojima didn't seem to have an active interest in having in Smash this time around, so if it were to happen he would obviously need to be involved and oversee his inclusion, however he is occupied with several other projects at the time. And not only Kojima, but Konami would have to be onboard as well making meetings, paperwork, supervisions, etc. mandatory. It's one thing to ask for Wolf or Lucas but with Snake it's a long shot. A shame really, despite not having the same iconic status of the other third parties, his moveset was fun and unique.
I don't think Saukrai cares. Kojima asked him to put Snake in and he was. Kojima wants Snake in Smash. If it happened in Brawl it could happen again.

On different note, I found this Game Theory on MGSV:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think that a form of Snake has the best chance of returning to the game (aside from maybe Wolf) as DLC.

He would generate the most hype for both series with the upcoming release of MGS5 and SSB4 DLC.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Snake by far has the best chance for first DLC after Mewtwo since Wolf and Lucas' special moves were delegated to Fox and Ness, meaning that they'll have to be changed significantly in order to compensate for this, and Ice Climbers have technical difficulties in the 3DS.

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I just logged on and got 10 notifications. 7 of them were from you liking my posts. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Snake by far has the best chance for first DLC after Mewtwo since Wolf and Lucas' special moves were delegated to Fox and Ness, meaning that they'll have to be changed significantly in order to compensate for this, and Ice Climbers have technical difficulties in the 3DS.

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I just logged on and got 10 notifications. 7 of them were from you liking my posts. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad.
I agree and was going to mention this, but they could simply just share custom moves (like the Clones in this game) and have their own be default - not sure if in the end it is actually a pro or con. Online doesn't allow customs, anyway, so their moves would be uniquely theirs again.

Wolf has SFWiiU going for him.
Lucas would have more of a chance if they released Mother 3 via VC.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't know if this makes any difference, but when registering my copy of Smash Bros. Brawl for Club Nintendo (since I was trying any way that I could to get more coins), I mentioned in the survey that I wanted Lucas, Wolf, and Snake to be brought back as DLC. It might not amount to much, but I figure that something might come of it if enough people do the same thing.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
...i miss Snake.
He was the most unique one out of the 3rd party characters, and his codec conversations with Otacon were 100 times better than Pit & Palutena's cringe worthy ones.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Otacon makes everything better.

Otacon and Snake nerding out over Captain Falcon was the greatest thing ever.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Otacon makes everything better.

Otacon and Snake nerding out over Captain Falcon was the greatest thing ever.
Otacon: Snake! Watch out!

Snake: For what?! That pink marshmallow?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Otacon: Snake! Watch out!

Snake: For what?! That pink marshmallow?
I'm just thinking of all the potential for Snake's Guidance, if he doesn't get his Codecs back.

Instead of a normal guidance, Palutena hacks into Snake and Otacon's conversation (ala Slippy).

Otacon: Ah, it's the Goddess Palutena!

Snake: You mean your waifu or something?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Snake was always the funnest 3rd party for either game. He was my second main in brawl and I always enjoyed playing him. I'd be so happy for him to return.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I dunno if anyone has posted this before, but a funny MGS related thing.

What is Snake's favorite food? Metal Gear Salad.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I had too much fun with the Codec/Guidance idea...

Otacon: Snake, I see you're fighting Pit again. Be careful, he's got a few new tricks up his sleeve! His Upperdash Arm will send you flying, and his Guardian Orbitars will send your projectiles right back at you!

Snake: Got it, the mutant learned a thing or two since the last game. I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

Pit: Um, excuse me, but this is supposed to be my guidance. And I am not a mutant.

Snake: What?! How did you hack into this frequency? Was it that toad again?

Palutena: No toads here, and I'm the one that's supposed to be helping Pit, so could you please take your reconnaissance elsewhere?

Otacon: A-ah! It's the goddess Palutena! This is just like one of my anime...!

Snake: What is she, your waifu or something? Snap out of it!

Pit: Hey! Don't think about Lady Palutena like that!

Viridi: Puh-lease, it's not like you haven't Pit.

Palutena: She does have a point, Pit.

Pit: H-hey, come on! We're in the middle of a fight!

Snake: ... I agree with the mutant, can we get this over with?

Pit: I AM NOT A MUTANT!

Otacon: The goddess of nature too! Ah, this is too much...!

Viridi: Eww, filthy human, stop being so creepy!

Palutena: Creepy? I think he's charming.

Pit: Eh?! What did you do to Lady Palutena?!

Palutena: Oh we haven't done anything, Pit. Yet.

Pit: I'mnothearingthisrightnow, I'mnothearingthisrightnow...

Otacon: A-aaahhhh!

Snake: Otacon? Are you alright? Hal?! HAAAAAALL!!!

I don't even know.​

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I don't even know.​
I would die of happiness if Snake came back at all, but if they did this I would laugh harder than I did at the Robin/Chrom guidance.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Otacon: Snake, I see you're fighting Pit again. Be careful, he's got a few new tricks up his sleeve! His Upperdash Arm will send you flying, and his Guardian Orbitars will send your projectiles right back at you!

Snake: Got it, the mutant learned a thing or two since the last game. I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

Pit: Um, excuse me, but this is supposed to be my guidance. And I am not a mutant.

Palutena: No toads here, and I'm the one that's supposed to be helping Pit, so could you please take your reconnaissance elsewhere?

I don't even know.​
This needs to happen. Both this codec/guidance and PalutenaxOtacon

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

I don't even know.​
You need to be hired to write these.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Otacon x Palutena is my OTP. :troll:

I'm almost tempted to draw them together with Pit and Snake both hiding in boxes in the background.

...Then tweet it to Sakurai. #Snake4SmashDLC

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Otacon x Palutena is my OTP. :troll:

I'm almost tempted to draw them together with Pit and Snake both hiding in boxes in the background.

...Then tweet it to Sakurai. #Snake4SmashDLC

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I failed at drawing Palutena and Otacon... But I'll try again, someday.

But this happened:

Maybe I should tweet it anyway. Even though it's terrible and sketchy.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Ok, now I'm definitely tweeting it.
:snake:: Sonic got an invitation again...so where's mine? And why is the mutant using my codecs?!

Rayman: I know how you feel...that Pac-Man and Mega Man are playable and yet I'm a trophy...

If you look at it another way, the image suddenly becomes depressing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:snake:: Sonic got an invitation again...so where's mine? And why is the mutant using my codecs?!

Rayman: I know how you feel...that Pac-Man and Mega Man are playable and yet I'm a trophy...

If you look at it another way, the image suddenly becomes depressing.
I guess my work here... is over.

I guess I wasn't Man enough.

PF9

Smash Lord
Snake was one of my favorite characters in Brawl. I can only imagine what his codecs on the SSB4 newcomers (as well as Dr. Mario and Mewtwo) would say if he could return as DLC.

Then again, I do enjoy having Snake play for the Baltimore Ravens in my fanfic universe (during the fall, then when the offseason comes, he busies himself with other stuff, like for instance he is now starring in a stage musical adaptation of the movie E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial on Broadway).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd like to say that Snake would have had a serious Codec about Mega Man instead of fanboying over him like Pit and co.

:4falcon:

Never knowing what the Codecs could have been is almost as bad as not having Snake in the first place. . Almost.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd like to say that Snake would have had a serious Codec about Mega Man instead of fanboying over him like Pit and co.

:4falcon:

Never knowing what the Codecs could have been is almost as bad as not having Snake in the first place. . Almost.
Honestly, Snake is THE reason, to this day, I continue to return to Brawl. He is just too dang fun. I am pretty much done with smash Wii U until Mewtwo comes out and even then I don't know how long he'll hold me to the game. Snakes return would be the thing that gets me playing this game everyday, just like Brawl.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was chuckling heartily at @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux 's Pit Codec, but Snake's climax at the end made me burst out laughing. GG, bro, GG.

Curious as to how he'd react to Mewtwo~ :3

Top Bottom