• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

D

Deleted member

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=2

This was back in 2013. I mean, he didn't return now, but he had him might have him planned. Probably not a "one time thing".
People often misunderstand what this is saying.
This is saying that of Smash 4's planned roster no one had to have been cut at that point for hardware issues. (So this was before the Ice Climbers had to be axed.)

This is not saying everyone from Brawl was planned to return.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Snake was not the reason that Brawl was rated T, Melee was also rated T with no Snake in sight. One of the MGS games even had an E rating, so there's absolutely no reason to think that an ESRB rating has anything to do with Snake being gone.
On the defense of Melee though, the E10 rating didn't exist at the time of its rating. But I'm inclined to agree with you.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Snake was not the reason that Brawl was rated T, Melee was also rated T with no Snake in sight. One of the MGS games even had an E rating, so there's absolutely no reason to think that an ESRB rating has anything to do with Snake being gone.
I'm not saying that Snake was the only reason for Brawl T rate (other factors were Wario's realistic farts, the possibility to see under Peach's skirt, the more realistic look, the scenes in SSE where R.O.B.s dies, the blood on Master Hand's injuries caused by Tabuu...and all this things have been changed or removed). But remember that ERSB wanted to put T to Smash 3DS just for the Tharja trophy (in fact Nintendo have cut it), so I think, if the trophy of a female character a little exposed is a problem, a character that snaps necks could give some troubles for the rating...
And during Melee days there wasn't the E10 rate, so it really isn't a big point...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not saying that Snake was the only reason for Brawl T rate (other factors were Wario's realistic farts, the possibility to see under Peach's skirt...and all this things have been changed). But remember that ERSB wanted to put T to Smash 3DS just for the Tharja trophy (in fact Nintendo have cut it), so I think that a character that snaps necks could give some problems for the rating...
And during Melee days there wasn't the E10 rate, so it really isn't a big point...
There's a very big difference between sexual themes and other mature themes in US culture, so Tharja is a terrible example.

A horror flick can be PG 13 until you slap some **** in it, then it turns M rated. We generally don't care if kids see violence, as long as it's not too graphic, but a tiny bit of skin will send people flying off their rockers. Snake snapping necks without actually snapping necks is hardly anything to even think about. Hell, we don't even know why Tharja was removed, we only assume it was due to the rating because she was leaked in an ESRB video and ended up cut from the final game. Maybe Nintendo wanted to be safe, but it's not like Tharja was even that fanservicy. Rayman Origins got E10+ with arguably worse than Tharja.

Kind of drifted off there a bit, but the main point: Snake isn't half naked, aka, not Tharja. He's not that violent either.
He's a lot more than half Naked.

D

Deleted member

Snake doesn't actually make the movement of snapping necks in Brawl, though.
He's applying a chokehold.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
There's a very big difference between sexual themes and other mature themes in US culture, so Tharja is a terrible example.

A horror flick can be PG 13 until you slap some **** in it, then it turns M rated. We generally don't care if kids see violence, as long as it's not too graphic, but a tiny bit of skin will send people flying off their rockers. Snake snapping necks without actually snapping necks is hardly anything to even think about. Hell, we don't even know why Tharja was removed, we only assume it was due to the rating because she was leaked in an ESRB video and ended up cut from the final game. Maybe Nintendo wanted to be safe, but it's not like Tharja was even that fanservicy. Rayman Origins got E10+ with arguably worse than Tharja.

Kind of drifted off there a bit, but the main point: Snake isn't half naked, aka, not Tharja. He's not that violent either.
He's a lot more than half Naked.
Really? I live in Europe, and here we don't have ERSB, we have PEGI, which doesn't make big difference between sexual content and violent one (in fact, here the game is +12, just like Brawl) and I assumed that it was the same even in the USA.
My bad.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't want them to get rid of the chokehold if he comes back. It was different from a simple grab and punch like others did.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Really? I live in Europe, and here we don't have ERSB, we have PEGI, which doesn't make big difference between sexual content and violent one (in fact, here the game is +12, just like Brawl) and I assumed that it was the same even in the USA.
My bad.
Had to check my copy of Smash to verify.

I can confirm this, European Smash is indeed 12+, same with Brawl. If I recall, Melee was 11+, due to the fact that there was a different ratings system in place back then.

Selenite

Smash Cadet
Despite ironically also having a M-rated franchise referenced, if not as a playable rep.

Namely, Perfect Dark(in the credits and in the redesigned Motion Sensor Bomb).
I just want to point something out:
[URL='http://i.imgur.com/1bRIZR4.jpg']The trophies that you see above comes from M-rated Video Games (Cero D, the Japanese equivalent for Zangeki no Reginleiv) and yet Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS is rated E 10 and Up so simple references and showing a trophy for them doesn't really affect the age rating of the Super Smash Bros game.[/URL]

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just want to point something out:
The trophies that you see above comes from M-rated Video Games (Cero D, the Japanese equivalent for Zangeki no Reginleiv) and yet Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS is rated E 10 and Up so simple references and showing a trophy for them doesn't really affect the age rating of the Super Smash Bros game.
I dunno, ESRB was weird. I was just repeating what the DYKG video theorized.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
I can't imagine anything really, you can't predict what kojima would do.

I was also hoping for a release date, but we only got MGO(which was awesome btw)
I guess MGSV isn't coming out in spring, which means we're going to get a,*gulp*, Q4 or Q3 release. But I might be wrong.
Ah well, more time to save up for a playstation or xbox, but some of that money is going to be blown on xenoblade, zelda, and maybe devil's third.
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16925

His shirt says "tjugoandra den sjätte (twenty-second and sixth) but his face says "Troll". I want to believe it'll come on June 22nd like other Metal Gear games. Please make it so Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions, and Konami. :sadeyes:

Selenite

Smash Cadet
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16925

His shirt says "tjugoandra den sjätte (twenty-second and sixth) but his face says "Troll". I want to believe it'll come on June 22nd like other Metal Gear games. Please make it so Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions, and Konami. :sadeyes:
The 22nd chapter of Herman Melville's 6th novel (Moby D*ck) is titled Merry Christmas. Kojima's shirt was cryptically wishing us a Happy Holiday.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
The 22nd chapter of Herman Melville's 6th novel (Moby D*ck) is titled Merry Christmas. Kojima's shirt was cryptically wishing us a Happy Holiday.
Well simple wishes doesn't make me happy, sorry Kojima. :( But he did showed us Metal Gear Online with that Snake selfie:

So I suppose that's his holiday gift to everyone. :awesome:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I finally took the time to register my copies of Smash to get that soundtrack offer. Oh, that Pokemon too.

I was sure to mention Snake and Rayman in detail for the survey, and how amazing they would be as DLC.
I guess it counts for something.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I forgot to mention this, but I played the "didju rike it" video in the gamepad mic in hopes that it would unlock snake, just like it helped people in PT.

But sadly I got nothing :(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What music selection would Snake have for Metal Gear if he comes back?

My personal list:

3DS:

-Snake Eater (Instrumental)
-Theme of Tara(Brawl)

Wii U:

-Love Theme(Brawl/MGS4)
-Cavern(MGS1)
-Heavens Divide(PW)
-PUPA(PW)
-REX vs RAY(MGS4)
-(undecided)
-(undecided)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

My personal list:

3DS:

-Theme of Tara(Brawl)

Wii U:

-Love Theme(Brawl/MGS4)
-Cavern(MGS1)
-Heavens Divide(PW)
-PUPA(PW)
-REX vs RAY(MGS4)
-(undecided)
-(undecided)
Sins of The Father
Encounter
My Personal want: Remix of the MG nes jungle theme.
Red Alert and Nuclear would be great as well.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'd question that choice. Isn't it a little too sad for a game like this?
What about Calling to the Night?

My personal list:

3DS:

-Theme of Tara(Brawl)

Wii U:

-Love Theme(Brawl/MGS4)
-Cavern(MGS1)
-Heavens Divide(PW)
-PUPA(PW)
-REX vs RAY(MGS4)
-(undecided)
-(undecided)
Oof, I have too many choices. Lots of good tracks.
Should I post them anyway?

And a somewhat relevant pic, since I'm in a bit of a bootleg Green and Viet Crystal mood.

----

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
But seriously, they should remix the Nes Metal Gear's Jungle theme, just listen to these two remixes:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, Midna's Lament wasn't from an ultra-mature M rated game, tbf.
It's still a sad song and let's not mention that Pikmin's Ai no Uta is basically about sacrificing yourself for someone or that Mother/EarthBound is a serious game despite being rated E.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534

My personal list:

3DS:

-Theme of Tara(Brawl)

Wii U:

-Love Theme(Brawl/MGS4)
-Cavern(MGS1)
-Heavens Divide(PW)
-PUPA(PW)
-REX vs RAY(MGS4)
-(undecided)
-(undecided)
RULES OF NATUUUUUUUURE

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We're all forgetting "it has to be this way"

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Calling to the Night should come back, such a good song.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Just finished doing the Club Nintendo survey for Smash Wii U -- of course, I expressed my interest for Snake returning. I'm sure Nintendo is wholly aware of this, and the more vocal we are about this conundrum, the sooner we'd hear something. Hopefully.

Calling to the Night. It has to be in there if Snake returns, it's such an impeccable song that possesses a lot of atmosphere. Fighting while listening to it gave it a much more distinct and surreal feel to the battle as opposed to listening to any other Nintendo song -- it's amazing to feel that a song of this caliber in Brawl emanated so much emotion. This song was one of the many reasons why Snake fit right in Smash; the juxtaposition of his mature universe compared with Nintendo's franchises certainly created a texture of necessary diversity. Maybe I'm a little to corny about this, but that song is the bee's knees (a term the young street hooligans say), yo.

Other songs include:
- The entire library of MGS music that was used in Brawl needs to return. I know it's impossible, but it's still nice to dream.
- It Has to Be This Way
- Escape (from MGS1. It would fit in so well with Smash.)
- Not Your Kind of People (Impossible considering the legal issues behind it I'm assuming. Still, it'd be a cool song to fight along with nonetheless.)
- Mantis' Hymn (Not really. Although imagining Mario, Villager, Ike, and Snake fighting to this would be cool in an offbeat way.)

Speaking of which...

It'd be extraordinary if Snake's stage would be the room where he fought Psycho Mantis in MGS1. Mantis would be a great stage hazard (a fighter caught in his cone of vision would reverse the player's controls or switch the button layout entirely, books and busts would fly all over the stage similar to how Yellow Devil warps back and forth), as well as calling out opponent's fighting tactics. ("You like to mindlessly spam the same attack over and over again, don't you Player 3?") As for a Final Destination form... I can't think how that'd work given the small horizontal spread of the room. It'd make no sense, unless Mantis creates a void of death on the edge of the screen or something in that otherworldly nature.)

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Just finished doing the Club Nintendo survey for Smash Wii U -- of course, I expressed my interest for Snake returning. I'm sure Nintendo is wholly aware of this, and the more vocal we are about this conundrum, the sooner we'd hear something. Hopefully.

Calling to the Night. It has to be in there if Snake returns, it's such an impeccable song that possesses a lot of atmosphere. Fighting while listening to it gave it a much more distinct and surreal feel to the battle as opposed to listening to any other Nintendo song -- it's amazing to feel that a song of this caliber in Brawl emanated so much emotion. This song was one of the many reasons why Snake fit right in Smash; the juxtaposition of his mature universe compared with Nintendo's franchises certainly created a texture of necessary diversity. Maybe I'm a little to corny about this, but that song is the bee's knees (a term the young street hooligans say), yo.

Other songs include:
- The entire library of MGS music that was used in Brawl needs to return. I know it's impossible, but it's still nice to dream.
- It Has to Be This Way
- Escape (from MGS1. It would fit in so well with Smash.)
- Not Your Kind of People (Impossible considering the legal issues behind it I'm assuming. Still, it'd be a cool song to fight along with nonetheless.)
- Mantis' Hymn (Not really. Although imagining Mario, Villager, Ike, and Snake fighting to this would be cool in an offbeat way.)

Speaking of which...

It'd be extraordinary if Snake's stage would be the room where he fought Psycho Mantis in MGS1. Mantis would be a great stage hazard (a fighter caught in his cone of vision would reverse the player's controls or switch the button layout entirely, books and busts would fly all over the stage similar to how Yellow Devil warps back and forth), as well as calling out opponent's fighting tactics. ("You like to mindlessly spam the same attack over and over again, don't you Player 3?") As for a Final Destination form... I can't think how that'd work given the small horizontal spread of the room. It'd make no sense, unless Mantis creates a void of death on the edge of the screen or something in that otherworldly nature.)
I would drove this. Psycho Mantis is my favorite MGS Boss. I even wanted him in Smash 4 at one point.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I definitely support Snake. I didn't get into MGS til this year but he's really unique and fun to play in Brawl and PM. I'd say he's next in line if they do bring back a veteran!

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
My music selection for the Wii U has no limits!
3DS:

-Snake Eater
-Theme of Tara (Brawl)

Wii U:
-Encounter
-Mantis' Hymn
-Love Theme (Brawl/MGS4)
-Cavern (MGS1)
-Battle in the Base
-Heavens Divide (PW)
-PUPA (PW)
-REX vs RAY(MGS4)
-Koi no Yokushiryoku (Love Deterrence)
-Hot Wind Blowing
-Calling to the Night
-Zanzibar Breeze
-Level 1 Warning
-The Best is Yet To Come
-Python's Theme
-It Has to Be This Way
-Ascent
-Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday

The Wii U is more then capable of including at least 20 songs for each stage. It might seem a bit much but most of the Video Game Franchises that appeared has that much awesome songs from their home series.
Considering Ness has been compared to Psycho Mantis by Snake himself in his codec calls it would be a big missed opportunity not have Mantis' Hymn playing while fighting Ness. Of course it wasn't included in Brawl so it's already been missed! I don't want that to happen again. :c

Last edited:
Top Bottom