• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just gotta comment on this image...who the hell edited those first two? Haha, the first is the mgs3d snake render with an in game image of the young snake face camo plastered over his head. And the second is just old snakes face (sans the mustache and grey hair) on johnny sasaki's body. Nothing huge but it bugs me that someone put those together and how visually off they appear, apologies if your the artist of that though bro.
I can't help, with this in mind, but be reminded of Chris Redfield in that second one :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So this happened awhile ago, but I figured I should share it.

Back before Smash Wii U came out, I went to my local GameStop to play the demo. I was extremely excited to play, despite all of the smelly neckbeards in attendance. There was a Nintendo rep who I had met before from a previous GameStop. We ended up chatting a bit.

I mentioned how I was looking very much forward to this game coming out, and that my only true gripe was that Snake got cut. I explained that I understand he isn't the most Nintendo of 3rd Party characters, and that I felt like he was one of the best characters simply based on how different he was. I also explained that I wasn't alone in this particular gripe.

The Nintendo rep replied, "Yeah, that's been a common complaint". She then went on to essentially agree with my opinions on Snake. She felt that the whole "Sony character" stuff was a stupid reason to not include him based on the fact that he is indeed, Solid Snake. Who wouldn't want to play as him in Smash Bros.?

I just thought that that was nice. I was entertained as I pushed my agenda, and it was nice to know that it is apparently a widespread suggestion.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So this happened awhile ago, but I figured I should share it.

*stuff*
I have fellow sentiments with my local game store employees, who I get along well with. They wanted Mewtwo in, and got him eventually.

A few of them want Snake as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, it's good to hear that at least someone from Nintendo knows that we want Snake, even if it's just a regular employee. It could mean that our words are reaching the higher ups too, hopefully. I still have faith in Sakurai himself though. Do it for Kojima, for your friend.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Reminds me of the MGS documentary posted many pages back where Sakurai outright appeared.

Like, why cut him?

:c

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I was joking with a friend awhile ago, and I just thought it'd be fun to share this little scenario (granted, it's over the top and would never happen) -

A month or two from now, Sakurai announces they have a few DLC characters planned, and they will release in groups of two. The first two are returning characters - MewTwo and this mystery other person. A release date is given.
The day before the first two characters are released, the eShop glitches out and has to be shut down for maintenance. A Nintendo Direct mini is released explaining how fast they are working on it, we get our whole "please understand", and they tell us it will be fixed by midnight so MewTwo can be obtained. The mini ends with Iwata saying "we are sorry for the wait" and smirking He knows something.
Players continuously attempt the eShop, and at midnight it finally is up again - it's glitchy though. Logos are blurry, there's a red circle stuck in the corner, a brown box stuck at the bottom of the screen, things take a bit longer then usual to load, etc.
But you can't do anything. It freezes as soon as you start it up.
You try doing ANYTHING, you end up with a loading icon. Then an error message. Then it fades to black.
And you wait. Shouldn't this be done? Stupid Nintendo with their stupid eShop, and now they can't even take me back to the Wii U menu.
And just when you're ready to unplug the console out of frustration -
*codec noise*
*Snake appears as though in a code call*
"Kept you waiting, huh?"

ESHOP LOADS BACK UP MEWTWO + SNAKE DLC IS AVAILABLE MGS MUSIC PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND IT'S GLORIOUS AND THEn the eShop goes back to normal the next day.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was joking with a friend awhile ago, and I just thought it'd be fun to share this little scenario (granted, it's over the top and would never happen) -

A month or two from now, Sakurai announces they have a few DLC characters planned, and they will release in groups of two. The first two are returning characters - MewTwo and this mystery other person. A release date is given.
The day before the first two characters are released, the eShop glitches out and has to be shut down for maintenance. A Nintendo Direct mini is released explaining how fast they are working on it, we get our whole "please understand", and they tell us it will be fixed by midnight so MewTwo can be obtained. The mini ends with Iwata saying "we are sorry for the wait" and smirking He knows something.
Players continuously attempt the eShop, and at midnight it finally is up again - it's glitchy though. Logos are blurry, there's a red circle stuck in the corner, a brown box stuck at the bottom of the screen, things take a bit longer then usual to load, etc.
But you can't do anything. It freezes as soon as you start it up.
You try doing ANYTHING, you end up with a loading icon. Then an error message. Then it fades to black.
And you wait. Shouldn't this be done? Stupid Nintendo with their stupid eShop, and now they can't even take me back to the Wii U menu.
And just when you're ready to unplug the console out of frustration -
*codec noise*
*Snake appears as though in a code call*
"Kept you waiting, huh?"

ESHOP LOADS BACK UP MEWTWO + SNAKE DLC IS AVAILABLE MGS MUSIC PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND IT'S GLORIOUS AND THEn the eShop goes back to normal the next day.
If anything, just to make the most of the "both are genetic clones" gag, Snake and Mewtwo get in the same trailer.

The Internet would explode.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I really don't know what would happen if Kojima and sakurai's minds combined. They would surely come up with a grand stunt.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Needs a few gun change ups, and a lot of nerfs for his C4

The biggest troll of all time would happen.
Super Metal Gear Smash Solid
SMGSS

A game where blood and violence exists in the SSB world with Nintendo characters and naked skins for Palutena and Samus.

Also, would Snake keep his original appearance or have the one that's current on Metal Gear Solid? I really like Snake in his SSBB form, I don't like that eyepatch at all on his other games.

Last edited:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Isn't Kojima going to release a world premiere trailer for Phantom Pain's iteration of Metal Gear Online this Friday at the professionally acclaimed VGX Video Game Awards? I could definitely imagine a scenario where there'd be a reveal trailer for Snake.

After the slot of dubstep imbued trailers for shooters passes, the stage dims as we hear the non-lyrical vocals within "Sins of the Father" play faintly.

"Please welcome to the stage, Hideo Kojima!"

Kojima walks on stage and approaches the podium ambiguously. He nods to an unspecified face in the crowd.

"I have prepared a new trailer for you showcasing the new generation of Metal Gear Online..." Kojima then does Sakurai's infamous hand gesture from the April Nintendo Direct. "... please take a look."

Footage plays of what MGO is going to look and play like. Everything's serious and there's no traces of Kojima's quirks, until the gameplay footage abruptly pauses and transitions into the Miiverse page like how it would on the Wii U console.

The player draws and posts the iconic exclamation mark ("!" sound plays upon moment of posting) on the MGS V Wii U community page.

Harsh cut to black. Silence fills the room. Kiefer's "kept you waiting, huh?" plays over the speakers and breaks this prolonged silence.

Cut to the Smash logo being slashed into flames accompanied with the heartbeat sound effect. Punished Snake in Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is revealed. Solid and Naked Snake are also revealed as alternate skins; Solid has his Twin Snakes and Brawl appearance whereas Naked has his MGS 3D and Peace Walker appearance. Punished Snake has his Ground Zeroes outfit, Afghanistan outfit, and the bulkier version of MGS1's sneaking suit outfit.

The stage lights up revealing Kojima and Sakurai standing as if they took the world by storm, their arms crossed and all.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
The biggest troll of all time would happen.
Isn't Kojima going to release a world premiere trailer for Phantom Pain's iteration of Metal Gear Online this Friday at the professionally acclaimed VGX Video Game Awards? I could definitely imagine a scenario where there'd be a reveal trailer for Snake.

After the slot of dubstep imbued trailers for shooters passes, the stage dims as we hear the non-lyrical vocals within "Sins of the Father" play faintly.

Kojima walks on stage and approaches the podium ambiguously. He nods to an unspecified face in the crowd.

"I have prepared a new trailer for you showcasing the new generation of Metal Gear Online..." Kojima then does Sakurai's infamous hand gesture from the April Nintendo Direct. "... please take a look."

Footage plays of what MGO is going to look and play like. Everything's serious and there's no traces of Kojima's quirks, until the gameplay footage abruptly pauses and transitions into the Miiverse page like how it would on the Wii U console.

The player draws and posts the iconic exclamation mark ( "!" sound plays upon moment of posting) on the MGS V Wii U community page.

Harsh cut to black. Silence fills the room. Kiefer's "kept you waiting, huh?" plays over the speakers and breaks this prolonged silence.

Cut to the Smash logo being slashed into flames accompanied with the heartbeat sound effect. Punished Snake in Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is revealed. Solid and Naked Snake are also revealed as alternate skins; Solid has his Twin Snakes and Brawl appearance whereas Naked has his MGS 3D and Peace Walker appearance. Punished Snake has his Ground Zeroes outfit, Afghanistan outfit, and the bulkier version of MGS1's sneaking suit outfit.

The stage lights up, revealing Kojima and Sakurai standing as if they took the world by storm, their arms crossed and all.
Brilliant idea, but it seems too soon for a new DLC character(not to me, but surely Sakurai thinks its too soon to have a next DLC character) in my opinion, Sm4sh will have atleast 8 DLC characters. I still cant and don't know why it would take a semester for Mewtwo to be in Sm4sh, I thought it would've only took 3-5 months.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

The player draws and posts the iconic exclamation mark ( "!" sound plays upon moment of posting) on the MGS V Wii U community page.

The stage lights up, revealing Kojima and Sakurai standing as if they took the world by storm, their arms crossed and all.
You forgot the part where smashboards crashes.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I really don't know what would happen if Kojima and sakurai's minds combined. They would surely come up with a grand stunt.
So should Sora Ltd. and Kojima Productions work together on the next Smash Bros. game? Forget the E10+ rating, it would at least be a T. Sort of like how with Smash 4, they did what they had to in order to drop the rating down to E10+, they would make it just barely a T instead of an M. There may not be actual blood, per se, but there would be red hit marks when you hit someone, like in Double Dragon on the NES.

(Sorry for the random reference. Also, I made Billy and Jimmy Lee Miis and made them Mii Brawlers.)

Uhm... so, anyway. Yeah, it would be cool if they brought Snake back as DLC. But I don't want JUST veterans as DLC. I want newcomers, too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

The stage lights up revealing Kojima and Sakurai standing as if they took the world by storm, their arms crossed and all.
I would love for this to happen. But knowing Sakurai's comments on DLC, there's maybe a 0.000000000001% chance of this to actually happen.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be that guy, but the major thing going against Snake is that his whole universe was cut on both games. For Snake to come back, they would have to reestablish his whole universe again, meaning putting MG music, trophies, on both versions, making a stage on both versions, making Gray Fox work on both versions, and then there's rebalancing Snake, creating his custom moves, and licensing. I don't Nintendo would be willing to go all through trouble just to bring one character who only got in as a favor in the first place and has barely any support from his parent company (Konami). Not saying it's impossible mind you because it's Sakurai and all, but I don't think Snake is anywhere near a high priority character.

EDIT: Just for the record, I am a MG fan, but I wasn't surprised to see Snake gone.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hate to be that guy, but the major thing going against Snake is that his whole universe was cut on both games. For Snake to come back, they would have to reestablish his whole universe again, meaning putting MG music, trophies, on both versions, making a stage on both versions, making Gray Fox work on both versions, and then there's rebalancing Snake, creating his custom moves, and licensing. I don't Nintendo would be willing to go all through trouble just to bring one character who only got in as a favor in the first place and has barely any support from his parent company (Konami). Not saying it's impossible mind you because it's Sakurai and all, but I don't think Snake is anywhere near a high priority character.
Well, apparently Nintendo has noticed allot of Snake fans cries for him to be DLC, so if they want money, then they'll bring back Snake. And who said anything about characters absolutely HAVING to have a stage and asisst trophy? And even then all that is needed is for Shadow Moses Island to be ported to both systems, along with Grey Fox, which is easily done. It's not as big of a deal as it seems.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

EDIT: Just for the record, I am a MG fan, but I wasn't surprised to see Snake gone.
Konami not supporting Snake? When did Konami become Capcom?

And besides, if it prints moneh for them, they'll do it. Mewtwo alone probably convinced thousands to get a Wii U/3DS/both systems anyway. Snake is still possible, even with this in mind,

But I can see where you're coming from, though.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548

The whole meaning for DLC characters is for a 50/50, Nintendo gets there money while we get the character we want, if Snake comes in, then that means more money goes to Konami, and a lot of money goes to Nintendo, Nintendo is sometimes desperate for the money they need.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Well, apparently Nintendo has noticed allot of Snake fans cries for him to be DLC, so if they want money, then they'll bring back Snake. And who said anything about characters absolutely HAVING to have a stage and asisst trophy? And even then all that is needed is for Shadow Moses Island to be ported to both systems, along with Grey Fox, which is easily done. It's not as big of a deal as it seems.
You're forgetting that single-player mode exists, so if Snake is a CPU you have to fight, what stage would they use if he got none? Also not everyone is familiar with the MG universe, so it's really doubtful they're going to leave people who know nothing about it out of the blue. Your mention of porting would've probably had a point, if it wasn't for the fact that there's two games that's developed out there not one . Ensuring that everything functions properly (like Gray Fox not crashing on either version) on both games takes a lot of time. I really doubt Nintendo would go through the trouble of licensing just bring back one character who's universe was cut and leave everything else behind.

Konami not supporting Snake? When did Konami become Capcom?

And besides, if it prints moneh for them, they'll do it. Mewtwo alone probably convinced thousands to get a Wii U/3DS/both systems anyway. Snake is still possible, even with this in mind,

But I can see where you're coming from, though.
I was talking about Nintendo barely getting any support from Konami (they have developed zero games for the Wii U since it came out). The Mewtwo comparison doesn't really work because Mewtwo is a first-party character and its universe wasn't cut so there's no trouble there. Snake on the other hand is a third-party character and Nintendo has to get license from Konami to include him.

The whole meaning for DLC characters is for a 50/50, Nintendo gets there money while we get the character we want, if Snake comes in, then that means more money goes to Konami, and a lot of money goes to Nintendo, Nintendo is sometimes desperate for the money they need.
If Snake returning in SSB4 was that important for both companies, he would have been in (at least announced) by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You're forgetting that single-player mode exists, so if Snake is a CPU you have to fight, what stage would they use if he got none? Also not everyone is familiar with the MG universe, so it's really doubtful they're going to leave people who know nothing about it out of the blue. Your mention of porting would've probably had a point, if it wasn't for the fact that there's two games that's developed out there not one . Ensuring that everything functions properly (like Gray Fox not crashing on either version) on both games takes a lot of time. I really doubt Nintendo would go through the trouble of licensing just bring back one character who's universe was cut and leave everything else behind.
Careful with the triple post buddy, you'll attract a Moderator. Porting an element from one game to the other isn't that hard and debugging so that the said element won't cause crashing doesn't take that long. And on the Universe thing, You forget that Fire Emblem only had two characters, that's it, no trophies, no stage, just the characters. I'm not trying to be hostile, which is what I assume you got from my reply after reading your post, I'm only opening up a discussion.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
If Snake returning in SSB4 was that important for both companies, he would have been in (at least announced) by now.
Im sure they're thinking about it right now because the younger audiences(7-12) are very young, if Snake were to get in, his guns and choking for pummels would be a problem for the 7-12 kids, Snake is a rough and violent character in his games, im pretty sure Nintendo is thinking which choice is best.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
More "Nintendo won't let Sakurai put Snake in the game" garbage?

That sure stopped Sakurai from putting Snake in Brawl.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Careful with the triple post buddy, you'll attract a Moderator. Porting an element from one game to the other isn't that hard and debugging so that the said element won't cause crashing doesn't take that long. And on the Universe thing, You forget that Fire Emblem only had two characters, that's it, no trophies, no stage, just the characters. I'm not trying to be hostile, which is what I assume you got from my reply after reading your post, I'm only opening up a discussion.
Thanks for the heads up and I never assumed you were being hostile. :p

Anyways, that's only true for Melee which was a rushed game and iirc, they were intended to JP only characters at first. There probably wouldn't have been enough time to put more trophies in given the smaller development time compared to Brawl and 4. That's why I really doubt Nintendo would go through the trouble of getting the license of a third party character that only got in as a favor and nothing more.

First, I never said that. Second, as I mentioned before, Snake only got in as a favor.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Fair enough, I can understand where you're coming from.

they would have to reestablish his whole universe again
putting MG music, trophies, on both versions
MG music can be easily brought back from brawl and phantom pain,music isn't even the most difficult part.
Trophies may be a bit more harder, but they already have the models from brawl. They are not making each trophy from scratch except maybe snake's.

making a stage on both versions
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the miiverse stage going to be free? They're putting hard work into making a miiverse stage for BOTH 3ds and Wii U for free, a brand NEW stage. How hard it would it be bring back shadow moses island, considering it's a brawl stage?

making Gray Fox work on both versions
We don't know if there will be assist trophy dlc, but it's just ONE assist trophy.

and then there's rebalancing Snake
They're going through the trouble of rebalancing mewtwo, and probably re-balance every other dlc character. What would be so hard about rebalancing snake? Nothing holding him back hardware wise like ice climbers either.
creating his custom moves
Again, they'll probably do this for every dlc character, don't see how this is against snake.
and licensing
If they are going to go through licensing fees for trophies of rayman(might be dlc, who knows) and captain video, why not snake? It helps since konami/kojima is open to it. Something can be worked out if the other party expresses interest.
I don't Nintendo would be willing to go all through trouble just to bring one character who only got in as a favor in the first place
CHA-CHING my friend CHA-CHING
Metal Gear Solid is a iconic franchise and snake is a very popular character. It only helps that MGSV is coming out next year and snake dlc could ride of the hype of that game. Snake for sure would bring in money.
barely any support from his parent company (Konami)
(they have developed zero games for it since the Wii U came out
If Wii U games factored in, why doesn't activision have a rep? They've developed the most games for wii u, so by that logic they should have a rep.
Konami still supports the 3ds, they announced a game for 3ds at TGS 2014, so they have support for nintendo. Konami,2K,Capcom all don't support Vita, does that mean they have a bad relationship with sony? Lol no.
Have you also considered adding snake in smash again would help build relationships with konami? Doesn't Nintendo want to work with more 3rd party devs? Not adding snake doesn't help their relationship at all. Snake DLC can be viewed like hyrule warriors. It's a cross over game, nintendo let tecmo make it, and their relationship grows strong.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
This is eventually going to turn into a flame war, nah im just kidding.

Like I said, Nintendo is probably thinking which is best, the younger audiences are a problem since there are now more kids who bought Wii U/3DS then Brawl. I'm pretty sure Snake will get in SSB4 no matter the cost, choking players for pummels, and guns aren't that bad, plus there aren't any violent stuff like blood.

Like what cool smash bros said, it would make the older audience make Nintendo have more money since are age we think these characters are "Bad***", but yea the kids are going to be a problem for Nintendo's plans.

Last edited:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
For the stage conundrum, I'm assuming it'll be a Smash Bros. oriented stage, like Battlefield or something similar. Regarding how not everyone is familiar with the MG universe, there are some stages and items in Smash Wii U that embody this very same flaw; R.O.B. doesn't have a stage pertaining around him specifically and there's also a Balloon Fight stage and a Nintendogs stage with no playable representatives from those respective universes. Also, didn't Sakurai state at one point that some assets from Brawl were ported over the Smash 4's engine? I can't recall the precise details, but I did read something along those lines. Apparently there were remnants of the chants from Brawl within Smash 4, so perhaps it wouldn't take as long to properly fine-tune the assist trophies. Might I add how Sonic got the short end of the stick when it came to licensing? He had no new assist trophies or remixed songs. Most of Sonic's music was recycled from Brawl (including the Angel Island remix made specifically for Brawl) or derived from the original games. They even brought over the Rooftop Run song, which wasn't even present in the 3DS version but rather in the PS3/360 versions. Snake would probably receive a similar treatment where most of his music in Brawl would return, with an unaltered track or two coming in directly from Phantom Pain.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
First, I never said that. Second, as I mentioned before, Snake only got in as a favor.
Exactly.

No one ever stops to think about that.

Snake didn't get in because of his association with Nintendo.

He didn't get in because of fan demand, like a certain hedgehog.

He got in because Sakurai was dedicated enough to his friend that he fulfilled his request.

Sakurai went against Nintendo and succeeded in putting Snake in Brawl, for his friend Kojima.

If Sakurai wants to add Snake, he is going to do it. Nintendo already let him, Kojima still wants Snake in, nothing is stopping him.

Literally, the only question is if we're going to get more DLC after Mewtwo.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
For the stage conundrum, I'm assuming it'll be a Smash Bros. oriented stage, like Battlefield or something similar. Regarding how not everyone is familiar with the MG universe, there are some stages and items in Smash Wii U that embody this very same flaw; R.O.B. doesn't have a stage pertaining around him specifically and there's also a Balloon Fight stage and a Nintendogs stage with no playable representatives from those respective universes. Also, didn't Sakurai state at one point that some assets from Brawl were ported over the Smash 4's engine? I can't recall the precise details, but I did read something along those lines. Apparently there were remnants of the chants from Brawl within Smash 4, so perhaps it wouldn't take as long to properly fine-tune the assist trophies. Might I add how Sonic got the short end of the stick when it came to licensing? He had no new assist trophies or remixed songs. Most of Sonic's music was recycled from Brawl (including the Angel Island remix made specifically for Brawl) or derived from the original games. They even brought over the Rooftop Run song, which wasn't even present in the 3DS version but rather in the PS3/360 versions. Snake would probably receive a similar treatment where most of his music in Brawl would return, with an unaltered track or two coming in directly from Phantom Pain.
They should just bring back Snake's music, some trophys that are already made, but make them rendered again in HD, and the stage, not bringing the original stage seems heart-breaking, but if Konami wants to stay current with the franchise, then let them.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Exactly.

He got in because Sakurai was dedicated enough to his friend that he fulfilled his request.

Sakurai went against Nintendo and succeeded in putting Snake in Brawl, for his friend Kojima.

If Sakurai wants to add Snake, he is going to do it. Nintendo already let him, Kojima still wants Snake in, nothing is stopping him.

Theirs really no question about the DLC, of course were going to get more DLC characters, this is just the beginning of the money Nintendo's going to make, sure the DLC wont be paid, but there are some people out there waiting for either SSB4 versions until there character come out as a playable fighter, more characters = more people to buy the game.

EDIT: Gosh darnit, I double posted again, I thought someone was gonna post after my one on the top, then I would post this under the user who posted under mines, still cant believe theirs not a delete button.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Theirs really no question about the DLC, of course were going to get more DLC characters, this is just the beginning of the money Nintendo's going to make, sure the DLC wont be paid, but there are some people out there waiting for either SSB4 versions until there character come out as a playable fighter, more characters = more people to buy the game.

EDIT: Gosh darnit, I double posted again, I thought someone was gonna post after my one on the top, then I would post this under the user who posted under mines, still cant believe theirs not a delete button.
There isn't a delete button? Thought there was, I remember deleting a post once because I double posted, ah well, it happens.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Last post since I don't want this to erupt into a flame war.

Fair enough, I can understand where you're coming from.

MG music can be easily brought back from brawl and phantom pain,music isn't even the most difficult part.
Trophies may be a bit more harder, but they already have the models from brawl. They are not making each trophy from scratch except maybe snake's.

Fair point even though the descriptions aren't.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the miiverse stage going to be free? They're putting hard work into making a miiverse stage for BOTH 3ds and Wii U for free, a brand NEW stage. How hard it would it be bring back shadow moses island, considering it's a brawl stage?

Could the 3DS handle the Metal Gears appearing in the background and Snake's taunts?

We don't know if there will be assist trophy dlc, but it's just ONE assist trophy.
Regardless if it's just one AT, they still have to ensure it works fine on both versions.

They're going through the trouble of rebalancing mewtwo, and probably re-balance every other dlc character. What would be so hard about rebalancing snake? Nothing holding him back hardware wise like ice climbers either.
Snake had broken hitboxes in Brawl so he's probably the one that would have to be fixed the most. And there's a reason I mentioned priority on my OP.

Again, they'll probably do this for every dlc character, don't see how this is against snake.
Bringing back a character from an established first-party universe vs bringing a third-party character from a cut universe, which do you think would take less time and money?

If they are going to go through licensing fees for trophies of rayman(might be dlc, who knows) and captain video, why not snake? It helps since konami/kojima is open to it. Something can be worked out if the other party expresses interest.
Apparently not since Konami didn't bother to approach Nintendo. And Rayman got in because Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan.

CHA-CHING my friend CHA-CHING
Metal Gear Solid is a iconic franchise and snake is a very popular character. It only helps that MGSV is coming out next year and snake dlc could ride of the hype of that game. Snake for sure would bring in money.
And Star Fox Wii U is coming next year too and I'm pretty sure Wolf is a much more higher priority than Snake.

If Wii U games factored in, why doesn't activision have a rep? They've developed the most games for wii u, so by that logic they should have a rep.
Does Nintendo and Activision have a close relationship like Sega, Capcom, or Namco?

Konami still supports the 3ds, they announced a game for 3ds at TGS 2014, so they have support for nintendo.
The only game I could find is Touch Detective and it's not even a Konami game. >_>
Konami,2K,Capcom all don't support Vita, does that mean they have a bad relationship with sony? Lol no.
How is a lack support for a system ever a good sign of relationship? Konami doesn't seem confident with the Wii U at all.

Have you also considered adding snake in smash again would help build relationships with konami? Doesn't Nintendo want to work with more 3rd party devs? Not adding snake doesn't help their relationship at all. Snake DLC can be viewed like hyrule warriors. It's a cross over game, nintendo let tecmo make it, and their relationship grows strong.
Because Nintendo got so much support from Konami after Snake got in Brawl including MGS games for the Wii U right?
Dude, let's face it. If Snake was still important to come back, he would've been announced a long time ago. The fact he didn't just tells me he was not a high priority character at all nor did Konami care enough. He only got in as a favor for Kojima and nothing more. Would I be mad if Snake came back? Not at all, in fact I'd welcome it. But the odds for Snake aren't looking good right now and I wasn't surprised to see him cut.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
ROB and Balloon Fight are retro reps that came from only one game (well two for ROB I think). But anyhow, their universes aren't so massive like most fighters so that comparison doesn't work. And I believed Sakurai also mentioned how time it takes to get characters working on both sides. I never said anything about not reusing music from past games, btw. If you look here, you'll see that Sonic wasn't simply copied and pasted to Smash 4. The only characters you could considered to be copied and pasted are Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit. Plus he got a new stage too.

Alright, this'll be my last post I swear. I'm only just sharing my thoughts and if Snake does come back, I'll man up and admit I was wrong. :p

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last post since I don't want this to erupt into a flame war.

Dude, let's face it. If Snake was still important to come back, he would've been announced a long time ago. The fact he didn't just tells me he was not a high priority character at all nor did Konami care enough. He only got in as a favor for Kojima and nothing more. Would I be mad if Snake came back? Not at all, in fact I'd welcome it. But the odds for Snake aren't looking good right now and I wasn't surprised to see him cut.
On the flame war part, Snake fans are always cool and collected, so don't worry about that unless you start spitting nonsense. And to the second part, to each his own. Personally I find him very likely due to the fact that Kojima already wants him in, it's great advertising for the phantom pain, and Nintendo can make some serious dough off his inclusion alone. In other words don't tell people to "face it" that's implying that you are stressing to force your opinion on someone who doesn't share the same opinion as you. But, again, to each his own.:grin:
ROB and Balloon Fight are retro reps that came from only one game (well two for ROB I think). But anyhow, their universes aren't so massive like most fighters so that comparison doesn't work. And I believed Sakurai also mentioned how time it takes to get characters working on both sides. I never said anything about not reusing music from past games, btw. If you look here, you'll see that Sonic wasn't simply copied and pasted to Smash 4. The only characters you could considered to be copied and pasted are Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit. Plus he got a new stage too.

Alright, this'll be my last post I swear. I'm only just sharing my thoughts and if Snake does come back, and I'll man up and admit I was wrong. :p
stick around for a bit man, we need a good argument. And who knows maybe we'll change your mind.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Dude, let's face it. If Snake was still important to come back, he would've been announced a long time ago. The fact he didn't just tells me he was not a high priority character at all nor did Konami care enough. He only got in as a favor for Kojima and nothing more.
If they are going to do more dlc, who else can they add? The other cuts are viewed as possible, yet they were probably on a low priority list. But for some reason snake is an exception? It's possible for him to be dlc when deciding in the future. I don't think he's impossible like most others make him out to be.

Alright, this'll be my last post I swear. I'm only just sharing my thoughts and if Snake does come back, I'll man up and admit I was wrong. :p
On the topic of sonic, those are re-balances I believe. Everyone got them, snake will probably have some differences from his brawl self.

Also, you liar :p

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
If they are going to do more dlc, who else can they add? The other cuts are viewed as possible, yet they were probably on a low priority list. But for some reason snake is an exception? It's possible for him to be dlc when deciding in the future. I don't think he's impossible like most others make him out to be.
They're already bringing back Mewtwo so my best guesses are Wolf (for SFWii U) and Lucas (if they ever do Mother 3 localization). Remember, 1st party characters take less time since the issue of licensing isn't going to come up. Oh yeah, I want to apologize for the "face it" part per NSG's comment (is it alright I call you that?)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I always thought it was a rather simple thing, Sakurai just had bigger priorities for the base game, adding newer faces to bring in fans of the more recent franchises. DLC would be reserved for more of the popular characters, as Mewtwo can attest to.

I'm certainly not going to start a fight over Snake, if he never shows up, I'll be sad, and if he does, we rejoice. That's all there is.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Nintendo can make dinner
Well, they made dinner(cdi) all right, mah BOI, but it turned out like garbage. :seuss:

Seriously though.

Exactly.

If there's a Ridley-esque explanation for Snake's cut hari Kari rock, scissors, 61 with these points in mind, I'll be rather mad, but will get over it at some point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom