• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 388641

They removed the chalk outline

Gaming is ruined
So let me get this straight:

-Chalk outline of a murder site = bad

-Noose and gallows in the very location the player visits, implied deaths of at least two giant fully sentient dragons that talk,, Vivian being emotionally abused and insulted by Beldam, ghost character with visible cleavage, near-mass murder spree in a fighting ring secretly carried out by it's owner, Peach having to be naked to turn fully invisible for a stealth mission, underground Pianta crime ring, Bobbery learning that his wife is dead, the ghost of a dead Toad literally murdering Mario if he reads his diary, and the existence of an ancient eldritch shadow monster and her nearly successful plan to bring about the apocalypse = perfectly fine

Nintendo really took care to make sure they only cnesored the darkest and most adult elements from the original game.

Shroob

Sup?
So let me get this straight:

-Chalk outline of a murder site = bad

-Noose and gallows in the very location the player visits, implied deaths of at least two giant fully sentient dragons that talk,, Vivian being emotionally abused and insulted by Beldam, ghost character with visible cleavage, near-mass murder spree in a fighting ring secretly carried out by it's owner, Peach having to be naked to turn fully invisible for a stealth mission, underground Pianta crime ring, Bobbery learning that his wife is dead, the ghost of a dead Toad literally murdering Mario if he reads his diary, and the existence of an ancient eldritch shadow monster and her nearly successful plan to bring about the apocalypse = perfectly fine

Nintendo really took care to make sure they only cnesored the darkest and most adult elements from the original game.
Hey now, it's not a noose

It's a magical isekai device, clearly.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
"Hmm, today I will look up art of this character I like."
Novel.ai
Novel.ai
Novel.ai
Novel.ai
I don't know if you know this, but if you type whatever you don't want to see with a minus symbol at the beginning of it, it will keep it from showing up in the search results.

Example:
"Ryu From Streets -ai"

Most AI "art" will be filtered out with just this.
You might find a few stragglers, but once you become familiar with the names of these sites you can do the minus trick with them too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly though, I'm surprised the level design and backtracking in Super doesn't get called out as much as people do for TTYD. The level quality straight up nosedives the moment the space levels hit and the backtracking gets ridiculous with the amount of fetch quests and stuff. The Floro Caves can suck it.

Like idk, a map would have gone a long way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now watching Devilman Crybaby

edit: oh **** a guy with bars

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyway before anyone asks I should mention that no, I am not a swarm of angry wasps in a trench coat.
Tbis sounds like something only a swarm of wasps in a trenchcoat would say...
Those movies are not scary.
That first one is certainly tense, been too long since I saw the second one so I can't comment on it but now I'm wondering if you even like good movies
View attachment 388641

They removed the chalk outline

Gaming is ruined
No see, instead of a Toad being the victim, it's actually a Bandit, the reason you don't see the outline in this pic is becaus his killers as seen in the pic have not done the deed yet, wait about 10 seconds after the screencap was taken

Shroob

Sup?
osby osby
The Vengeance soundtrack leaked, and it leaked 2 song names which are ridiculously blatant on who they're attached to.

Masakado and "The Adversary"(99.999999% Satan) have battle themes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby
The Vengeance soundtrack leaked, and it leaked 2 song names which are ridiculously blatant on who they're attached to.

Masakado was in SH2 iirc so I'm not surprised but I'm interested in which design Satan they will go with (probably the classic one but let me dream.)

Speaking of Satan designs, I still have have no idea why his P1 look goes so hard yet was never used again:

1714477256037.png

Shroob

Sup?
Masakado was in SH2 iirc so I'm not surprised but I'm interested in which design Satan they will go with (probably the classic one but let me dream.)

Speaking of Satan designs, I still have have no idea why his P1 look goes so hard yet was never used again:

View attachment 388646
The songs are at the literal end of the track listing right before the battle themes for Dagda/Kohohara, so

Yeah, they're our new superbosses prob lol.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The songs are at the literal end of the track listing right before the battle themes for Dagda/Kohohara, so

Yeah, they're our new superbosses prob lol.
Completely baseless speculation time: Just like Shiva is the super boss of "Canon of Creation"/vanilla SMT V's story, one of those demons will be the "Canon of Vengeance" super boss - while the other will serve as one for both routes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
osby osby

GIMME THAT STUPUD ****ING LOOK THAT ASSHOLE HAD IN 4A I NEED THAT UNHOLY MESS IN 3D

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently doing a project speculation taking a note from Cryptozoologicon on a particular cryptid if it existed as a real animal.

In this case, Kasai Rex.

I imagine the Kasai Rex being a large species of predatory monitor lizard that are both semi-aquatic and terrestrial in nature with there being two subspecies for those lifestyles. Similar to the megalania of Australia, they grow up to similar size to their Australian prehistoric extinct cousins.

Potentially the largest species of lizard in the world part of the varanus family capable of temporary bipealism similar to argus monitors. Likely endangered due to habitat loss, poaching and exotic pet trading.

This also being the case for the Burrunjor as well, though such a species would've likely gone extinct in prehistoric times due to the overhunting and firestick farming techniques by the aboriginals. The reason Kasai Rex would survive is due to evolving in the same environment with humans which lead to Africa's megafauna's survival unlike other megafauna that evolved in an environment without them.

Like their Indonesian cousins the komodo dragons. "Kasai Rex" are voracious eaters that'll eat anything that moves.

From small animals such as birds, other reptiles like pythons and their smaller relatives like nile monitors, young and subadult nile crocodiles and small mammals such as aardvarks, baboons, monkeys, and hyraxes to large animals like rhinos, hippos, okapi, red river hogs, African forest buffalo, chimpanzees, gorillas, leopards and even humans.

Like komodo dragons, they are also cannibalistic of their own kind with larger adults preying on young individuals. Which is why when they first hatch, they stay up in trees until they're big enough to avoid larger adults but do have to still watch out for predators like leopards that will prey on them when they're still young.

They also tend to avoid healthy African forest elephants due to their size and the risk of death in biting them but will go after calves or individual adults that are either sick or very old.

They range throughout Central Africa but mostly in the Congo regions in both tropical and swamp forests and dry woodlands.

Mamboo07 Mamboo07 you might like this.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today is the 5th anniversary of the first trailer for the first Sonic the Hedgehog movie (you know, THAT trailer).

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie series has come a long way since then.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
God imagine the banter potential happening between M3gan and Abigail in a fight.

Starts off as a dance-off before evolving into a fight. Abigail probably laughing and starts talking to M3GAN who in turn begins humoring her while asking what Abigail is who does the same. God, I would love the banter between the two.

That's why Universal needs to get on this. They own both properties.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Xbox Games Showcase will happen on June 9 at 10 am PT, followed by the [REDACTED] Direct.

The above Redacted was by them, not me.

Edit: This showcase will be the first one to include titles from Activision Blizzard, in addition to Bethesda and the Xbox Game Studios, plus third parties.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Xbox Games Showcase will happen on June 9 at 10 am PT, followed by the [REDACTED] Direct.

Edit: This showcase will be the first one to include titles from Activision Blizzard, in addition to Bethesda and the Xbox Game Studios, plus third parties.
I can’t believe Microsoft just teased the Gwimbly Direct

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Xbox showcases always have such potential that they never live up too. Maybe they will this time.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I can’t believe Microsoft just teased the Gwimbly Direct
If we somehow got a Gwimbly game, I would not know what to think. Especially since I never saw Smiling Friends.

Regardless, speculation (and not covering up everything on the image (no really)) has the direct as towards the 2024 Call of Duty game.

So basically, the second part is perfect for doing anything else instead. I myself will probably be trying this game I bought last year called Eternal Sonata.

Top Bottom