• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Dukefire

Smash Master

While Disney continues to fail miserly with the crap that was Wish and those live-action Disney remakes.

DreamWorks continues to nail at it with their movies as of late. **** in Boots: The Last Wish, Orion and the Dark, and now this.

Ha ha! Suck it Disney! Keep up this act and there's gonna be a new animation king in town! :D
It gave me The Last Bastion nostalgia. Can't wait to see it when it drops in.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

While Disney continues to fail miserly with the crap that was Wish and those live-action Disney remakes.

DreamWorks continues to nail at it with their movies as of late. **** in Boots: The Last Wish, Orion and the Dark, and now this.

Ha ha! Suck it Disney! Keep up this act and there's gonna be a new animation king in town! :D
Not to be that guy, and I am not trying to defend Disney, but do you ALWAYS have to pick on Disney like that?

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman

Does it need to be a competition though?

Like, sometimes Dreamworks comes out with a banger, sometimes Disney (or more often Pixar) comes out with a banger, sometimes they both trip up over their shoelaces and Sony and Netflix prance on past with their own bangers. I don't like to fixate on which one comes out with the MOST good movies. I'd rather just enjoy the good movies we've been given.

That said, this movie looks amazing
Yeah, I have to agree with Pink Yoshi.

While some of Disney's recent movies haven't performed well at the box office recently, people have been finding stuff such as The Marvels and Dial Of Destiny better than certain crowds on social media lead to believe thanks to the releases on physical media and streaming. Not to mention that Disney is still releasing some cool animated media such as Iwájú (their first collaboration with an independent animation studio btw), Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur and X-Men '97 which looks extremely promising.

Also, didn't DreamWorks release a few mess ups recently too? Apparently Ruby Gillman was mediocre as frick (my cousine went to see It with her husband and Children and she told me 3 out of 4 of them fell asleep due to how boring and predictable It was), and don't forget the new Megamind Peacock movie which apparently is also meh.

All in all: I think It is better to see each animated media not as a product of a company, but rather a case per case thing as different people, producers and creative minds have worked on each.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like Pokémon on socials are occasionally posting some Legends: Z-A stuff for the time being but give them a couple weeks and then they'll go radio silent until August-ish.

:drsad:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Looks like Pokémon on socials are occasionally posting some Legends: Z-A stuff for the time being but give them a couple weeks and then they'll go radio silent until August-ish.

:drsad:
I actually kinda hope they don’t say a word all year.

If they start giving out news, that means the game isn’t too far away. I need this thing to come out mid-late 25.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I actually kinda hope they don’t say a word all year.

If they start giving out news, that means the game isn’t too far away. I need this thing to come out mid-late 25.
I don't see late '25 happening, even if we get a spin-off or two during that time. Mid '25 sounds more realistic.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But yeah, I 100% believe that we'll get a spin-off Pokémon game of some kind sometime this year (not counting TCG Pocket).

I can't see TPC having a completely dry year at all.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
But yeah, I 100% believe that we'll get a spin-off Pokémon game of some kind sometime this year (not counting TCG Pocket).

Join me now as I start manifesting for Mystery Dungeon Explorers DX.

yes i'm aware of how much cope that radiates from that comment

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman

Join me now as I start manifesting for Mystery Dungeon Explorers DX.

yes i'm aware of how much cope that radiates from that comment
Breathing that Shadows Of Almia Remastered/Remake Copium right now.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here is my conspiracy theory

Bandai Namco set up 2 studios where they state were made for collaborations with Nintendo. Studio S and Studio 2

Studio S is theorized to be working on the next Smash which makes sense but I believe Studio 2 set up a job listing for a "3D Action Game"

New Pokemon Snap and Pokken were developed by Bandai Namco

Pokken 2 confirmed!1!!1

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, I think the worst of the flu is over. I still have little bit of a sore throat left but not feeling too bad otherwise.

In other news, I went ahead and bought Penny's Big Breakaway. I won't be able to touch it until some point later tomorrow, but I couldn't not show support to the people who gave me my absolute favorite Sonic game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Apparently Ruby Gillman was mediocre as frick (my cousine went to see It with her husband and Children and she told me 3 out of 4 of them fell asleep due to how boring and predictable It was
It's definitely no Kung Fu Panda or HTTYD but I personally thought Ruby Gillman was a good movie. Not great by means on the category as those but still good.

I don't think it's fair to compare it to Boss Baby films, Megamind 2 and Trolls 3.

Certainly one of their better ones along with The Bad Guys.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
It's definitely no Kung Fu Panda or HTTYD but I personally thought Ruby Gillman was a good movie. Not great by means on the category as those but still good.

I don't think it's fair to compare it to Boss Baby films, Megamind 2 and Trolls 3.

Certainly one of their better ones along with The Bad Guys.
I've actually heard the Trolls franchise getting a lot more praise as of late. The fandom's been blowing up ever since that third movie, it's wild to see.

I've always found the art design in Trolls especially to be absolute peak. The backgrounds, landscapes, character designs, creature designs? All absolute candy to my eyes. I'd collect plush toys of all the animals in the Trolls universe if they started making them.

Kinda hilarious that such a gorgeous movie world came from toys that initially looked pretty dang freaky. Lol.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What 3D Shantae looks like in the leaked DS prototype

1709688229374.png

Uhhh....

Still interesting WayForward hasn't made another new fully modeled Shantae since this.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Found one of those birth date games
View attachment 385963
Birthday: January 31st
My second favorite Pokemon: Dragon/Rock type

feelsgoodbro.jpg
Birthday: December 19th
Pokemon typing: Water/Grass
Verdit:

Why am I reminded of Nier Automata with this song?

Also Michael, please stop bashing Disney.
Yes 2023 was a VERY bad year, but then again 2023 was a very bad year for EVERYONE.
Even Dreamwork didn't make it out of 2023 unscathed.
Regardless how you thought of the film's quality, Rudy Gillman was a box office bomb and you can't dispute that fact.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yes 2023 was a VERY bad year, but then again 2023 was a very bad year for EVERYONE.
Across the Spider-Verse and Godzilla Minus One both says hi.

There was also the peak that was Cocaine Bear.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Oppenheimer, and Guardians 3.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Haven't seen the full Wish film, but some parts in the ending were interesting at least. A film involving wishes and a star fit well for the 100th anniversary seeing how wishes became kind of a big Disney theme.

That works for me.

I literally just need the game to release after next February. If they do that, then Gen 10 probably won’t be until 2026.
I'm hopeful that this might be like 2015 with a longer gap between main games and that there won't be another big game in 2025...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wrestling games are always stupidly fun

KillerCage

Smash Master
Across the Spider-Verse and Godzilla Minus One both says hi.

There was also the peak that was Cocaine Bear.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Oppenheimer, and Guardians 3.
Across the Spider-Verse was stained by the working conditions caused by the directors' incompetence, Cocaine Bear had a mixed reception, the Mario Movie is considered mid though VERY successful, and Guardians 3 was James Gunn's last MCU film.
Godzilla Minus One was the best film I saw in theaters last year, but I'm disheartened at so many people using the movie to bash on the Godzilla franchise ESPECIALLY the Monsterverse films which IS the best cinematic universe outside of MCU.
Oppenheimer... is lumped with Barbie (which is a good film in its own right).

If anything, all of the great films are outliers.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Across the Spider-Verse was stained by the working conditions caused by the directors' incompetence, Cocaine Bear had a mixed reception, the Mario Movie is considered mid though VERY successful, and Guardians 3 was James Gunn's last MCU film.
Godzilla Minus One was the best film I saw in theaters last year, but I'm disheartened at so many people using the movie to bash on the Godzilla franchise ESPECIALLY the Monsterverse films which IS the best cinematic universe outside of MCU.
Oppenheimer... is lumped with Barbie (which is a good film in its own right).

If anything, all of the great films are outliers.
Also there was a whole ass Actor and Writer strike last year.

Even then, the agreement the Actor's guild came to is a bit shaky.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yeah, I have to agree with Pink Yoshi.

While some of Disney's recent movies haven't performed well at the box office recently, people have been finding stuff such as The Marvels and Dial Of Destiny better than certain crowds on social media lead to believe thanks to the releases on physical media and streaming. Not to mention that Disney is still releasing some cool animated media such as Iwájú (their first collaboration with an independent animation studio btw), Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur and X-Men '97 which looks extremely promising.
Also add Pixar's Elemental which was actually a film that I enjoyed watching last year too.

Also, didn't DreamWorks release a few mess ups recently too? Apparently Ruby Gillman was mediocre as frick (my cousine went to see It with her husband and Children and she told me 3 out of 4 of them fell asleep due to how boring and predictable It was), and don't forget the new Megamind Peacock movie which apparently is also meh.
I thought that Ruby Gillman was rather mediocre in my opinion and as for the Megamind Vs Doom Syndicate film that was released on Peacock which I managed to watch, all I am going to say is that whilst I understood what sort of story it tried to tell, but it wasn't very well crafted nor did it had the same charm that the first film established.

In addition in regards to my views of the future MCU and DCU films, I think both will face their own set of obstacles and challenges in which I hope both can succeed.

Also there was a whole ass Actor and Writer strike last year.

Even then, the agreement the Actor's guild came to is a bit shaky.
Also going to add this is the same guild that also agreed a deal with an AI company for voiceovers in video games.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
What 3D Shantae looks like in the leaked DS prototype

View attachment 385992

Uhhh....

Still interesting WayForward hasn't made another new fully modeled Shantae since this.
Technology was limited in the late 2000s, so it is understandable why WayForward choose to not utilize this model. It looks good during its time, but not the best for the half genie herself in the long run. I bet they might utilize it one day as Risky's Revolution shows WayForward is using scrapped project with recent technology today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom